Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003

I2obiN posted:

Colin Edwards should be in movies.

http://youtu.be/NgmBDuzaJ_s

Colin is hilarious in person, and a super cool, down to earth dude. i wanna make it to his bootcamp sometime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Remember Shervin Rezaiy, the genius who lightened his ZX10R by cutting holes in the frame? He's still alive and posting more retarded stuff:

World's lightest muff-el-er
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdQhWETmuH8

Custom turn signals (notice how he's making engine sounds towards the end)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aaldp22mY8Q

Improving his car sound system by adding "sound exhausts" (maybe should be posted in AI)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCyBvaLQUyU

This guy... :psyduck:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Ringo R posted:

Remember Shervin Rezaiy, the genius who lightened his ZX10R by cutting holes in the frame? He's still alive and posting more retarded stuff:

World's lightest muff-el-er
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdQhWETmuH8

Custom turn signals (notice how he's making engine sounds towards the end)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aaldp22mY8Q

Improving his car sound system by adding "sound exhausts" (maybe should be posted in AI)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCyBvaLQUyU

This guy... :psyduck:

yea he did the muffler a while back.

how this guy functions is beyond me.

Shervin posted:

My name is Shervin Rezaiy. I am studing Mechanical Engineering. My goal is to make a car (or any kind of vichle) which works with gravity. i plan to find a way to change the gravity energy to mechanical energy and make an auto mobil by it and start manufactring it so all people in the world can enjoy it. If i do that i will be happy of my life. This is my goal since i was 15 years old. I came out of my country to countinue my education in higher level. I got my AA in " Mathemathic Siences" from my country but for religon/political reason the goverment of my country does not allow me to study in university. however i got some other diplomas in computer,typing, automechanic, Karate,etc.... I can open a mechanic shop legally right now because i have the certification for it. I was in an "auto mechanic" training class which was very helpful. I got the highest grade in the whole city (congradulation!!) My father has a dealership who sells truck engines and i was learning/helping him since i was 7 just by the time that he purchased his first engines to start his businiess. I lived in Europe for a while. Beautiful place. I miss every thing from Europe. Majority People were polite and civilized. full of history and science. Regardless of your gender,age,race,location,etc... if you are polite, oriented, and civilized I would like to hear from you if you do something positive. Also if you have any questions about anything in the world ask me I will try to answer you. I am looking for peace,love,friendship,and discovering this wonderful life and the world around us and inside us and above us; There is sooo much to discover. You can see some more pictures of my work on https://www.flickr.com/ShervinRRR

His flickr is classic. Sad, but classic.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shervinrrr

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

yea he did the muffler a while back.

how this guy functions is beyond me.

His flickr is classic. Sad, but classic.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shervinrrr

Shervin is my favorite:

quote:

However, since i did not take out the fork oil, rear suspention oil, tires's air,

quote:

For example, the upper head cover has a rectangle shape and instead fastening to the head with 8bolt, it gets fasten with 6bolts. The purpose of this head cover is to protect the engine parts and keep the oil inside. To give you a good understanding of what i am talking about, imagine you have a rectangle that the length of its length is 3times longer than the length of its width! so you can make 3 equal squre if you divide the length sides into3 equal pieces. Now, if you design the 3 equal squares inside the rectangle and dot the edges of each square, you will have 8 different points on the rectangle perimeter; The head cover of the 2005 Kawasaki zx-10r has a rectangle similar to the one i just told you and the 8 edges of the squares are not hard to find; However, Kawasaki only made holes on 6 spot and 2 spots have not been drilled. As you know, the first and most important duty of a head cover is to keep to oil inside and with having 2 points free from fastening of course the oil is going to leak from those 2 points! Therefore, ALL of the 2004 and 2005 Kawasakies ZX-10R around the world has oil leaking problem from under the head cover which make the engine, the whole bike, and its rider messy and dirty!

EVERY ZX10R IS LEAKING OIL

quote:

1. The bike look. Even though Kawasaki name this a Ninja and defention of a Ninja is a warrior who is wild and brave and bold, the bike has a smooth design and curves specially on the front lights which makes the bike viewer in more relaxing mode.

The bike viewer in more relaxing mode. :neckbeard:

COME ON BABY

Wait, no, this is my favorite:

Z3n fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 1, 2011

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Z3n posted:

Shervin is my favorite:

COME ON BABY

haha yes the air box mod was priceless.
I was debating on whether he was a giant troll up to that point.
That removed all doubt.

Distended Bowel
Dec 27, 2006

Powdered ToastMan!
Yay yay yay!! I get to post pictures of my first bike!! It's a 2011 Suzuki tu250. Yes, its a measly 250 but I really do love it - it fits me perfectly and is turning out to be a wonderful beginners bike:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

cannonballs posted:

Yay yay yay!! I get to post pictures of my first bike!! It's a 2011 Suzuki tu250. Yes, its a measly 250 but I really do love it - it fits me perfectly and is turning out to be a wonderful beginners bike:

those are perfect beginner bikes. even moreso than the honda rebel.

Distended Bowel
Dec 27, 2006

Powdered ToastMan!

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

those are perfect beginner bikes. even moreso than the honda rebel.

Yeah - I'm really excited about this little bike :) I wish it wasn't so goddamn hot here though, holy poo poo.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

cannonballs posted:

TU250's are sweet. Classic 70's UJM lines without the faux-80's-chopper look of the Rebel

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Aug 1, 2011

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Is your helmet sized correctly? :ohdear:

Congrats on the bike though!

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

cannonballs posted:

Yay yay yay!! I get to post pictures of my first bike!!

Great little bike, ride the wheels off it!

PS: take those reflectors off the fork legs before they fall off (they will).

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Z3n posted:

Is your helmet sized correctly? :ohdear:

Congrats on the bike though!

Ahahahahahah this is super funny cause she got a 5head for reals.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
This should basically be 2stroke.avi.
http://youtu.be/1SiKS1DI9SQ

I miss my dad's old GT250. Starting when I was 6 or so he'd take me on rides on his bike to go mow the lawn at church. I still remember that oil smell that you couldn't get out of your clothes.
I think my next project is going to be to find one of these and restore it to look like his.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Z3n posted:

Shervin is my favorite:

COME ON BABY

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

frozenphil posted:

This should basically be 2stroke.avi.
http://youtu.be/1SiKS1DI9SQ

I miss my dad's old GT250. Starting when I was 6 or so he'd take me on rides on his bike to go mow the lawn at church. I still remember that oil smell that you couldn't get out of your clothes.
I think my next project is going to be to find one of these and restore it to look like his.

I have a big soft spot for all Suzuki GT's. They're great bikes, pretty underrated, and arguably better than the RD series.

Distended Bowel
Dec 27, 2006

Powdered ToastMan!

HNasty posted:

Ahahahahahah this is super funny cause she got a 5head for reals.

This is true - I do have a 5head.

The dude said the helmet was the right size...seems to fit okay.

cinder
Aug 25, 2000

Phat_Albert posted:

I have a big soft spot for all Suzuki GT's. They're great bikes, pretty underrated, and arguably better than the RD series.

I just took a peek at my local CL and there's a '75 GT750 up for a grand. A 750 two stroke street legal bike sounds so amazingly insane.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

the GT750s were pretty cool. Liquid cooled anything was rare in the 70's in the bike world, let alone a liquid cooled 2-stroke. They were deceptively quick. More so with a pipe or three.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

cannonballs posted:

That's what she said, heyoooo. Seriously though I wear a XL helmet too and they all look weird compared to a person's body size.

Distended Bowel
Dec 27, 2006

Powdered ToastMan!

HNasty posted:

That's what she said, heyoooo. Seriously though I wear a XL helmet too and they all look weird compared to a person's body size.

Hurrr!! Mine isn't an XL. My brains aren't THAT big, come on. I put on a million different helmets and this one felt the best; snug, but not too snug. Doesn't move around my head. Cinches up but doesn't prevent me from moving around.

It does look really large on me though :( I suppose I could start looking for a different one...

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest

HNasty posted:

Does anybody make helmets in large and bigger that don't look like beachballs?

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Some (a lot?) models have more than one shell size, especially higher end ones. They mitigate the need for more padding on smaller heads like mine, but they won't ever not look too big for a person. that's helmets for ya.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

New license plate, #BIEKS for ~*LyFe*~

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

So when people ask you what that means, what do you tell them?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Phat_Albert posted:

So when people ask you what that means, what do you tell them?

To suck mah dick, then I wheelie into their face.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its an internet chat room *mumble mumble*

*drives off courteously*

Thats how a goon retorts :colbert:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

They'll probably just think BIKES was taken, so it's HNasty's 2nd choice.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

cannonballs posted:

It does look really large on me though :( I suppose I could start looking for a different one...

I wouldn't worry about it. I look the same in my RF-1100 except I hide behind a mirrored visor. Skinny small body frame + large looking helmet = Viewtiful Joe look alike. People are going to be distracted by your smiling and having fun on the bike to notice. If it's too much of a bother, Arai makes a pretty small helmet i think? Probably my next helmet upgrade.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

They'll probably just think BIKES was taken, so it's HNasty's 2nd choice.

Clearly people will think it says beaks.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

cannonballs posted:

Yay yay yay!!

Tres cool. If that helmet doesn't work out, there's always the open-face one the Breeders custom designed for you...

Distended Bowel
Dec 27, 2006

Powdered ToastMan!
^hah! Yes! That's definitely my next purchase.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

cannonballs posted:

This is true - I do have a 5head.

Shell looks huge, is all...if you can't grab the chinbar and wiggle the helmet from side to side without it moving your head as well, then you're fine. If it moves independently of your head more than a little bit, it's too big.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

Bixington posted:

Does anybody make helmets in large and bigger that don't look like beachballs?
Arai, generally.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

HNasty posted:

New license plate, #BIEKS for ~*LyFe*~

I am going to get VA BIEKZ so I can be the extreme 90s version of you. (And also because you thought of it first, jerk.)

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Phat_Albert posted:

the GT750s were pretty cool. Liquid cooled anything was rare in the 70's in the bike world, let alone a liquid cooled 2-stroke. They were deceptively quick. More so with a pipe or three.

Not liquid cooled but still relevant, I've been eyeing off these two smoky buggers for a while.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Please tell me if this design looks stupid or not.

The whole engine seems to need to nest higher up into the frame.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

eggyolk posted:

Does not look stupid.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3s19jjEeHE

I think girls are just not good at riding things with two wheels possibly... I don't know where they found these chicks.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

eggyolk posted:

Engine could go a touch higher, but it does look great as is.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

eggyolk posted:

Looks good to me, I like the tit to arse ratio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

eggyolk posted:

The shock needs to be mounted more horizontal, I'd put the (bike side) mount to the center of that rear engine mount as that swingarm is going to compress in all the wrong ways. As well as tucking the engine up more, you could simply make it larger.

Also: I think it would look rad with air cooling, but that's a serious design choice to make.

Edit: Tit-to-arse ratio is perfect though.