Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Sand Monster posted:

Hey, he posted a super over exposed pic of Beth today!

How can it be a bad picture, Howard has the most expensive equipment you can buy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
How many weeks off does Howard get then? 10?

2 in July, 2 in August, 2 in December, 1 at Thanksgiving, 1 at Memorial Day, 1 at Labor Day, 1 additional?

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Birthday Cake posted:

"One last time Eric, what do you want to be called?"
"Eric the UNGRATEFUL PIECE OF poo poo midget."

I can't believe i've listened to almost 72 hours of ETM calls, it's hypnotic.

I've got his calls through 2010 (plus the most recent one) and it totals a truly frightening 90:30. And I know I've listened to the entire thing at least twice.

I... I think I may be becoming Eric.

You know what, gently caress all of you big nosed assholes.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

How many weeks off does Howard get then? 10?

2 in July, 2 in August, 2 in December, 1 at Thanksgiving, 1 at Memorial Day, 1 at Labor Day, 1 additional?

I don't know if this schedule has been verified, but I also count 10 weeks off:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/howard-sterns-vacation-schedule

They had the first week of August right.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

heavy liquid posted:

I don't know if this schedule has been verified, but I also count 10 weeks off:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/howard-sterns-vacation-schedule

They had the first week of August right.

And ETM really jumped to Howard's defense. Is this actually his Twitter?

http://michaelhayes.tumblr.com/post/7546759903/eric-lynch-or-eric-the-actor-as-he-is-known-on

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
It doesn't seem to contain Eric randomly raging at anyone who tweets anything at him so I'm wary.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
no this is his twitter http://twitter.com/allsports1975

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
If my job gave me all that money and let me have 10 weeks off, I'd never show up either. Can't blame him for wanting to stay at home in his mansion banging his supermodel wife. I'd just hope the time off gives him some energy or fire for the show when he gets back... but it never does.

OH well, maybe we will get some good stories out of it. The ant story from his last few vacations was funny.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

AxeManiac posted:

Can't blame him for wanting to stay at home in his mansion banging his supermodel wife.

Beth has to hate the extended vacations as it means having to get banged by him more often.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

sedative posted:

no this is his twitter http://twitter.com/allsports1975

Hahahaha holy poo poo even his loving twitter is grumpy.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

GenoCanSing posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo even his loving twitter is grumpy.

If I request to follow him, cancel it, then request it again, will he keep getting my request over and over?? Nothing would thrill me more, if this is the case.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Eric the Midget's Twitter posted:

You have been blocked from following this account at the request of the user.

Aw, no!

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Kelly posted:

If I request to follow him, cancel it, then request it again, will he keep getting my request over and over?? Nothing would thrill me more, if this is the case.

!!!

I'm gonna find out and twitter right along with you.

One of life's cruelest jokes is that Eric has never and will never realize how much more famous he is (or was, at his peak) than the "celebrities" he fawns over. Degarmo, Brooke Hogan, half the WWE wrestlers, ect.

If he could have leveraged his fame the way some of the other wack packers did, or tried to, he'd probably have a good chunk of dough and a cute live in girlfriend and lots of well paid appearances. But then, would he BE as famous if he wasn't such a grump? Hmm...

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Eric the Actor is pretty messed up in the head, which is what makes him stand out. He turned down good money to dress up as a bee. Something any other whack pack member would have done in a heart beat. I think High Pitch said he got approached by them, or more likely he pestered the poo poo out of them until they did something for him.

He is just a horrible twisted person, a real dick and never going to be happy. I can't believe he didn't score lower, he has to have several mental issues along side just being angry and dumb.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

AxeManiac posted:

supermodel wife.

Not a supermodel. She's more of a Carol Alt level model.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

burmart posted:

Not a supermodel. She's more of a Carol Alt level model.

No, no you see...Carol Alt was the FIRST supermodel.

Seriously though, Beth is a supermodel, and I play for the Yankees.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

Kelly posted:

No, no you see...Carol Alt was the FIRST supermodel.

Seriously though, Beth is a supermodel, and I play for the Yankees.

I was worried that no one would remember the Fred/Carol Alt feud.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

burmart posted:

I was worried that no one would remember the Fred/Carol Alt feud.

Was just featured on the rerun of THOHS.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

Joe Don Baker posted:

Someone needs to email this to Robin:

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/01/colon-cleansing-not-so-healthy-analysis-says/

Haha I came here to post the same thing.

I also felt obligated to look through the comments looking for a Robin reference and found,

"John Hein

Oh Robin Ophellia Quivers do not lead me astray. Cleanse my colon with your giant chocolate milkers. "

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Even if she read that she would dismiss it immediately.

"Doctors don't know anything." - Robin 'Ex Nurse' Quivers

She prefers to be healed by quack nutritionists with mail-order degrees and witch doctors in Central America than PhDs and MDs in a first world country.

I've been waiting for this to backfire so she ends up in the hospital with malnutrition or a weird infection but so far it hasn't happened.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

Eric the Actor is pretty messed up in the head, which is what makes him stand out. He turned down good money to dress up as a bee. Something any other whack pack member would have done in a heart beat. I think High Pitch said he got approached by them, or more likely he pestered the poo poo out of them until they did something for him.

He is just a horrible twisted person, a real dick and never going to be happy. I can't believe he didn't score lower, he has to have several mental issues along side just being angry and dumb.

I always wanted Eric the Midget to be seriously psychoanalyzed by the show. Not by any fruity quacks that Howard and Robin was conned by, but a serious therapist who could explain exactly what is in that big melon head. At first I thought it was just basic immaturity taken to a horrifying extent by his disabilities (parents sheltering him far, far too much), but there's a few things that simply don't ring true with that.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
He's just always struck me as someone who has never been told no or had to deal with people on an equal social level.

Dunno if being spoiled and sheltered is an actual psychological condition or not.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
He's physically, mentally, emotionally and socially stunted. Everything about him reads like he's 10 years old. He's used to getting his way because that's how he grew up because fortunately he lives in a world where people don't throw babies like him away at birth and instead coddle them to try and make up for how life shortchanged them.

It both is and isn't his fault that he is the way he is as a person.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Plus he thinks 'rasslin is real.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

He's physically, mentally, emotionally and socially stunted. Everything about him reads like he's 10 years old. He's used to getting his way because that's how he grew up because fortunately he lives in a world where people don't throw babies like him away at birth and instead coddle them to try and make up for how life shortchanged them.

It both is and isn't his fault that he is the way he is as a person.

I regret the show didn't interview his parents. Their behavior could explain a lot of things. Langford would have opened a lot of doors for analysis of everybody's favorite midget sack of poo poo.

But there were a few things that (if they weren't staged) were creepy, like Eric's wanting to rape Natalie Maines then have her 'beg' for forgiveness via a list of demands. Or stalking a few American Idol stars. Or slapping the smurf cock against the phone for a crank call. Or..well, the list goes on. This isn't the behavior of an emotionally stunted midget, these are the acts of a person with a severe personality disorder.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I don't think the stalking of the AI stars or the Natalie Maines thing were staged which makes it worse. You almost wish they were. :(

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

AxeManiac posted:

If my job gave me all that money and let me have 10 weeks off, I'd never show up either. Can't blame him for wanting to stay at home in his mansion banging his supermodel wife. I'd just hope the time off gives him some energy or fire for the show when he gets back... but it never does.

OH well, maybe we will get some good stories out of it. The ant story from his last few vacations was funny.

So I guess maybe this is why I'm usually sympathetic to Howard's vacation shenanigans, because I too am a lazy fucker. Not quite European, but after 8 years at the company I believe I'm maxed out on new yearly accrual.

Now... if I can just work on replicating Howard's salary...

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Jesus. Clearly, I need to find a new job. If getting yelled at for having skin cancer and taking time off after surgery didn't do it, your vacation schedule sure did.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

GenoCanSing posted:

Plus he thinks 'rasslin is real.

Wow.

I love how hard he buys into everything. Like, every time he talks about wrestlers he calls them "the WWE Superstars."

And of course his outrage at votefortheworst.com ruining the integrity of "Idol."

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, I know I'm pretty fortunate - but then I go to the UK and see that new part-timers at McDonalds get as much time off as I do, and I realize it's actually that US employers' mentality is terrible with regards to time off for the workers.

That sucks they gave you grief about recovering from surgery. :(

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yeah, I know I'm pretty fortunate - but then I go to the UK and see that new part-timers at McDonalds get as much time off as I do, and I realize it's actually that US employers' mentality is terrible with regards to time off for the workers.

Here's the worst part: I work for a charitable organization.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Birthday Cake posted:

"One last time Eric, what do you want to be called?"
"Eric the UNGRATEFUL PIECE OF poo poo midget."

I can't believe i've listened to almost 72 hours of ETM calls, it's hypnotic.

That's all I listen to. That and the Artie Lange Addiction Saga. There isn't much about 2011 Hamptons Howie that appeals to me.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yea, this country has a lot of issues with time off that put us far behind some other parts of the world. Not only is giving time off a bad thing but you're often looked down upon for taking it.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kelly posted:

Here's the worst part: I work for a charitable organization.

You want worse? I worked part-time for a library and didn't get any benefits. I had to get my gallbladder removed and they gave me poo poo for it. Because I was supposed to do my work while doubled over in pain for a surgery they weren't even paying for.

Kelly posted:

I don't think the stalking of the AI stars or the Natalie Maines thing were staged which makes it worse. You almost wish they were. :(

The way the Midget was getting into it was super-creepy. He's done things that make you wonder if he's jealous he can't impose his will on anybody physically (threats of violence, verbal abuse, et cetera). Either way, he's a rancid sack of poo poo.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Ether Frenzy posted:

So I guess maybe this is why I'm usually sympathetic to Howard's vacation shenanigans, because I too am a lazy fucker. Not quite European, but after 8 years at the company I believe I'm maxed out on new yearly accrual.

Now... if I can just work on replicating Howard's salary...

drat, that's amazing. drat. The US sucks rear end when it comes to time off and working. Work weeks should be 4 days on, three days off. At least. People work too god drat much (not Howard of course).

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

The way the Midget was getting into it was super-creepy. He's done things that make you wonder if he's jealous he can't impose his will on anybody physically (threats of violence, verbal abuse, et cetera). Either way, he's a rancid sack of poo poo.

Man I've never heard anything like that. "She wants to be my friend? Well it's going to cost her her butt" or whatever he said.

Literally, my last 4 evenings have been nothing but Bejeweled and Eric the Midget marathons.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Millstone posted:

Man I've never heard anything like that. "She wants to be my friend? Well it's going to cost her her butt" or whatever he said.

Literally, my last 4 evenings have been nothing but Bejeweled and Eric the Midget marathons.

It was more like "She wants to be my friend? Well, it's going to cost her her butt...HOLE!" Then he refers to it as her 'chubby' butthole and demands no less than three hit singles. And if they're not hit singles? Well, she'll have to keep working until they are hits.

The way he went on and on about it (over some underpaid whores, no less) is the really creepy thing. He was showing some really repressed stuff there.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

AxeManiac posted:

drat, that's amazing. drat. The US sucks rear end when it comes to time off and working. Work weeks should be 4 days on, three days off. At least. People work too god drat much (not Howard of course).
It really does. Time off from the grind makes everyone more likely to be productive when they are there, and seems like a pretty relatively cheap method to improve morale greatly.

I definitely appreciate my company's understanding of this mentality, whenever I'm visiting with european friends everyone always seems much more relaxed (with regards to work/life balance) because of the usually more generous time-off policies over there compared with similarly employed Americans. And then they go off for the second half of their amazing month-long holidays while I slink back, having been incredibly rejuvenated from my "meager" 10 days.

Scott DePace probably vehemently disagrees with this sentiment. Or would, after Rush Limbaugh told him to, anyway.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I was pissed yesterday at the break programming, I didn't really want to hear from a bunch of corpses.

And then they played the last Rodney interview... one of my favorite Stern interviews ever. Gets dark at times, but Rodney is just in the mood to share.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude
I thought the show was really great last week. If you didn't listen check it out.