Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Any good clothes/armor mods that keep it simple and not "year 2495 SWAT Team bags everywhere" or "pedo anime mecha japanese laser beam"?

I'm not into mixing and matching like Tailor Maid and Satchels do, either.

For example, I'm talking about things like this, this or this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I wish one of the 1,000 weapon modders would start working on a sensible armor addition, armor is severely lacking in mods.

Convicted Lovebot
Jan 29, 2011

VisAbsoluta posted:

Any good clothes/armor mods that keep it simple and not "year 2495 SWAT Team bags everywhere" or "pedo anime mecha japanese laser beam"?

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35445
This is a lore friendly rework of existing assets, but personally I think that it just rips off Ringo's outfit.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36087
this Eyepatch mod is awesome. If you ask why, you are not ready.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40238
Man With No Name Pack, for the Eastwood fans.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37349
and http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38764
are high res lore friendly outfits, the latter one a retex of the wasteland doctor fatigues (or something). First one looks good, not too sure about the second.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40389
A surprisingly well done mod, considering its title. It's basically the author's interpretation of what the Courier was wearing before Goodsprings.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35283
This is Raul's bandito costume, or somesuch (I have never actually met Raul in game).

Anyways, thanks for making me sperge out about this, because I found this:
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41185

oh, and a daily dose of nexus.jpg, for all you early birds:

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
OK, so I'm trying to edit the AG Supplementary Uniques' Wildcat .45 from the Honest Hearts .esp so that it uses the same beefy firing sounds that CRL9000 gives the standard .45 pistol and I'm running into some weird problems because I am dumb.

I've managed to get it to use the right sounds but now 1) all the other AG Honest Hearts uniques like the Alyx .224 and Madman SMG seem to have disappeared from the game (which isn't that big of a deal to me, all I care about is the Wildcat), and 2) the Wildcat now no longer takes mod kits. I thought all I had to do was edit the AG HH .esp so that the Wildcat uses sounds that CRL9000 replaces (the Wildcat uses the 10mm SMG sounds, which CRL9000 doesn't touch, so I switched it to use the new replaced 9mm pistol sounds), but that clearly isn't the case. What else do I need to do?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Horns posted:

OK, so I'm trying to edit the AG Supplementary Uniques' Wildcat .45 from the Honest Hearts .esp so that it uses the same beefy firing sounds that CRL9000 gives the standard .45 pistol and I'm running into some weird problems because I am dumb.

I've managed to get it to use the right sounds but now 1) all the other AG Honest Hearts uniques like the Alyx .224 and Madman SMG seem to have disappeared from the game (which isn't that big of a deal to me, all I care about is the Wildcat), and 2) the Wildcat now no longer takes mod kits. I thought all I had to do was edit the AG HH .esp so that the Wildcat uses sounds that CRL9000 replaces (the Wildcat uses the 10mm SMG sounds, which CRL9000 doesn't touch, so I switched it to use the new replaced 9mm pistol sounds), but that clearly isn't the case. What else do I need to do?

Could you edit the weapon to use the new sounds through FNVedit?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Could you edit the weapon to use the new sounds through FNVedit?
I just assumed this would be something that needed to be done with the GECK. How would I do this in FNVedit?

EDIT: Oh holy gently caress, I am a loving idiot. I couldn't get the Wildcat .45 to take any weapon mods because it doesn't use .45 weapon mods. gently caress me. :smith:

Horns fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Aug 1, 2011

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Brace posted:

I wish one of the 1,000 weapon modders would start working on a sensible armor addition, armor is severely lacking in mods.

To be fair, armour is considerably more difficult to model than weapons.

(especially since a lot of the weapon mods are just models ripped directly from other games)

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Is there a good tutorial anywhere on how to copy parts from one piece of armour and put them onto another using nifskope?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Is there a good tutorial anywhere on how to copy parts from one piece of armour and put them onto another using nifskope?

It's not that simple. That's why armor mods aren't as widespread as weapons. Weapons are simple, you can play barbie with weapons all day long adding every piece and bit you want to them like lego so long as you follow a few rules. Armor needs to be rigged up with a skeleton and exported properly via the scripts you find for Blender (and 3ds/maya, but their scripts are severely out of date) on niftools or you'll just have problems galore.

I don't particularly care to learn Blender at this time which is why I've never done any myself, but maybe once I'm done with TA I'll do it so I can finally make the armor I've always wanted.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Can someone make me a mod that edits the lever action shotgun to 12 gauge? It should involve changing it's ammo list to ammo12GA, then the leveled lists (there should be three under withAmmo to spawn with 12ga ammo and casings). That should be everything.

I would do it myself but my Geck is totally broken and refuses to save files even after reinstalling, "Please close all dialog windows before saving".

Carecat fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 1, 2011

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Try the GECK powerup, which restores warnings, so you know why GECK refuses to save. You also probably need to save the individual files you are working on, and close them. Probably because when you try to save the whole thing, it pops up some invisible error messages about saving those files.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Carecat posted:

Can someone make me a mod that edits the lever action shotgun to 12 gauge? It should involve changing it's ammo list to ammo12GA, then the leveled lists (there should be three under withAmmo to spawn with 12ga ammo and casings). That should be everything.

I would do it myself but my Geck is totally broken and refuses to save files even after reinstalling, "Please close all dialog windows before saving".

This may sounds stupid but... have you actually closed all the dialog windows? Because they really like to hide behind the object/cell windows. I always get in the habit of moving both around before I save to make sure none of taking up hide and go seek behind there. Weird as it is to say that...

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

Captain Walker posted:

The cork boards are usually where bounties are posted in New Vegas Bounties II, and I recall at least one of those locations having a poster. Maybe you didn't get the loose files for NVB2?

Thanks, that fixed the box problems. Now I just have to figure out why the Gauss pistol doesn't actually fire shots. Right now its like a kids laser gun that makes noise and lights but doesn't do anything.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I'm looking for a good piece of headwear to go with Geonox Riot Armor, the desert ranger combat helmet looks stupid with it, and there's nothing else really fitting. I'd want to use the Burned Man's bandages but I don't have HH so I can't use those.

Also is there an IRC or something for this kind of stuff?

Brace fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 1, 2011

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So I was playing Honest Hearts with my newest character because it's quick and I wanted to get Joshua with Reunited and It Feels So Good. I did all the side quests and got to the attack on Three Marys, but no matter what I do the instance doesn't actually end. I've tried talking Joshua Down, killing Salt in regular combat, and having Joshua blow Salt's brains out, but after that I'm either rooted to the ground in 1 and 3's case, or stuck wandering around while Joshua just has his normal "welcome back, would you like to trade etc" dialogue and I can't fast travel out in 2's case. The game also wouldn't actually engage Joshua's dialogue in the Narrow's either, letting him just stand there, zoom the camera into him, and then zoom back out to release me anytime I went near him.

Is this a normal problem with the DLC, or something that could be caused by Honest Hearts Extended/Reunited and it Feels So Good/Better Burned Man, and in any case, does anyone know a fix or do I have to just reload my save from before going to Zion?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Rodyle posted:

Is this a normal problem with the DLC, or something that could be caused by Honest Hearts Extended/Reunited and it Feels So Good/Better Burned Man, and in any case, does anyone know a fix or do I have to just reload my save from before going to Zion?

The Wikia doesn't list this particular bug, so it could be your mods. Have you tried unchecking both in the launcher, loading your game, saving it, exiting New Vegas, loading it again and doing the final part of the quest?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I think I broke the GECK's brain. I've created a movable activator on accident(I don't want it to move, been trying to find out how to make it static) and the only thing I can find about them is that you can't make moving activators :psyduck:

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !

VisAbsoluta posted:

These two suits of power armour are pretty original (especially the latter) and lore friendly. I too would like to see more armour in the retro-future style of Fallout rather than the high-speed operator equipment that gets churned out on a regular basis.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Brace posted:

I'm looking for a good piece of headwear to go with Geonox Riot Armor, the desert ranger combat helmet looks stupid with it, and there's nothing else really fitting. I'd want to use the Burned Man's bandages but I don't have HH so I can't use those.

Pre-War Hat. :colbert:

EDIT: It goes with everything.

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 2, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ok so I'm about to start yet another playthrough and after recommendations from CoP here's what I'm changing in PN

code:
Difficulty - Normal, Hardcore Off
Weapon Damage Skill Influence - 50%
Ammo Rarity - 10%
Leveling Rate - 66%
Skill Point Penalty - (-4) 
Minimum Damage (DT Bleedthrough) - 15%
Alternative Repair ON
Now other people have mentioned both leveling and endurance multipliers. Where do I turn/change these and to what values? I only skimmed through the PN settings but didn't see them.

Also, what exactly does alternative repair change? I already have a repair mod (Realistic Repair), would this conflict with said mod?

And since I'm not doing a hardcore run (just finished one and while "fun", it just became a chore and sometimes broke the pace of my short gameplay since I work 80% of the day) should I make up by bumping the difficulty to hard or will the PN settings make the game hard enough?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ok so I'm about to start yet another playthrough and after recommendations from CoP here's what I'm changing in PN

code:
Ammo Rarity - 10%
Leveling Rate - 66%
Alternative Repair ON
Now other people have mentioned both leveling and endurance multipliers. Where do I turn/change these and to what values? I only skimmed through the PN settings but didn't see them.

Also, what exactly does alternative repair change? I already have a repair mod (Realistic Repair), would this conflict with said mod?

And since I'm not doing a hardcore run (just finished one and while "fun", it just became a chore and sometimes broke the pace of my short gameplay since I work 80% of the day) should I make up by bumping the difficulty to hard or will the PN settings make the game hard enough?

I find that putting it to Hard makes the game a lot more visceral if not a little too rear end in a top hat-y at times.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

code:
Ammo Rarity - 10%
Leveling Rate - 66%
Alternative Repair ON

1. PN's "Alternative Repair" basically works like this: You can't simply take two identical weapons and repair one with the other. In addition to a copy (or similar item) of the item you are repairing, you now need "repair tools" in order to fix items. Repair tools have replaced "Repair Kits" and can be made in sets of 5 (or maybe 10) at repair benches by combining duct tape, wonderglue, a hammer, and a wrench. Every time you work on an item, it consumes one "repair tool".

To offset this additional requirement, you no longer need an identical item to repair with--so long as your repair skill is higher than the "weapon skill" of the weapon you're fixing. It sounds complicated, but it works like this: You have a repair skill of 30, and you're fixing a .357 revolver (which has a weapon skill of 0.) You can use other handguns to fix it, not just .357 revolvers. But if the weapon skill is higher than your repair skill, you can only repair weapons with copies of themselves. Armor works in a similar fashion, but I forget the details. It's broken down by weight class, however.

2. Endurance and leveling multipliers are in one of the options pages of PN - Rebalance. I currently have my leveling multiplier = 5 and endurance multiplier = 10 for both you and NPCs.

3. For your third question, it really depends. If you remove the healing effects from food (another PN - Rebalance option) then you can just leave the difficulty at normal. If you can't resist pausing combat every five seconds to cram seven gecko steaks into your gut and shoot stimpaks into your eyes, then you might want to bump it up to hard.

Another thing: I went to OWB at level 7 and came out level 17 with the aforementioned settings. NPCs are tough but creatures are pretty pathetic. If you're finding that there's no challenge in one-shotting Super Mutants and Deathclaws, I might suggest looking up "Creatures Give You Hell" and "Rise of the Machines" on the Nexus. Those mods completely rework the game's creatures, boosting their DT, Health, and adding relevant perks that make them a challenge again. For example, a lot of Ghouls and robots had no rad resistance, and a lot of high-level Nightkin have less health than you.

That being said, I've had to go through both of those mods and scale back some of the settings--they were a little too rough. I think the author set the DT of Hardened Mk2 Sentry Bots to something insane, like 60, which makes them pretty tedious to fight. Dropping this to 40 DT made a lot more sense.

Hopefully you find those settings to your liking.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Aug 2, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm actually thinking of doing a no-repair skill of this run. Just basically use a weapon till it starts giving me problems then switch to whatever I find in the wastes or buy a new one but thanks for the info on the repair stuff.

Yeah, I'm removing the healing effects of food so I guess I'm good to get this next run started. I think I'm going to go with small weapons and melee and play opposite of how my previous runs have been (long range sniping / energy weapons). I imagine will come in handy with ammo being more rare.

Oh god what should my special be? Leaning for S(8)P(4)E(5)C(1)I(8)A(8)L(7)

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 2, 2011

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
About to load up to play OWB, I got a few of the mods from the OP for it but is there any major mods it just has hell with? I bet this has been asked a lot.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm actually thinking of doing a no-repair skill of this run. Just basically use a weapon till it starts giving me problems then switch to whatever I find in the wastes or buy a new one but thanks for the info on the repair stuff.

I think this is harder to pull off in NV than it is in Fallout 3, because of all the crafting stuff that requires repair skill. Ammo you can get from vendors and such, but there's also a bunch of unique stuff you can only get by crafting it.

Still, I suppose it would be interesting just to invest some points elsewhere for once. That skill really is too good in the Bethesda Fallout games.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Carecat posted:

Sure. If you want, and have AG Supplementary Unique's, I can also give you this:

It's a lever action 12 gauge with a stock and the stock saddle from a brush gun :clint: Also it's got a pointy muzzle brake!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Colt AR-15 Magpul for main weapon with a Colt Machete for CQC.

Guess what his name is. It's Colt :clint:

Now to find a hat...

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Katanas are overplayed. I want a 1796 light cavalry saber for hacking my way through the wasteland. It could probably use the machete animations, and definitely needs the machete's bonus chance to cripple limbs (but a lot more DAM). I'm trying to do a melee runthrough, but Knock-Knock is too inelegant (aesthetically -- I want the sword to work like the axe with regard to DAM and body parts flying off) and the various FN FALs are too effective.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Brace posted:

420 traders hat everyday

One of the "tactical" clothing mods linked in the OP has some pretty decent hats in it, they look oddly big to me but I haven't really seen anything else.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Aug 2, 2011

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

VisAbsoluta posted:

Quoting myself here, but why didn't anyone told me about the Gunslinger Outfit? It's really cool!

Here's a terribly compressed screenshot I took today while using it:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Delivery McGee posted:

Katanas are overplayed. I want a 1796 light cavalry saber for hacking my way through the wasteland. It could probably use the machete animations, and definitely needs the machete's bonus chance to cripple limbs (but a lot more DAM). I'm trying to do a melee runthrough, but Knock-Knock is too inelegant (aesthetically -- I want the sword to work like the axe with regard to DAM and body parts flying off) and the various FN FALs are too effective.

TA has a two cutlasses but they aren't curved. There's a pack on Nexus called Exotic Blades that has a shamshir and a kilij, but I haven't integrated them because I think they look kind of... well, the screens make them look a lot better than they are.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

By the way, if you are using ambient occlusion (whomever was interested), it's probably more effective graphically to dump more horsepower into AA and AF and leave AO at "performance" instead of "quality." You get a minor bump in quality considering the GPU cost.

rentilius
Apr 21, 2010

VisAbsoluta posted:

Quoting myself here, but why didn't anyone told me about the Gunslinger Outfit? It's really cool!

This is fantastic. What cigarette mod is that?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Animated Usable Cigarettes.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

At first glance, I thought that your character was wearing a hilariously ugly Cosby sweater. But on closer inspection I was disappointed to see that it's just a mercenary outfit with an ugly poncho. :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

VisAbsoluta posted:

That's the hat I've been using for a loooong rear end time.

:clint:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

If you're finding that there's no challenge in one-shotting Super Mutants and Deathclaws, I might suggest looking up "Creatures Give You Hell" and "Rise of the Machines" on the Nexus. Those mods completely rework the game's creatures, boosting their DT, Health, and adding relevant perks that make them a challenge again. For example, a lot of Ghouls and robots had no rad resistance, and a lot of high-level Nightkin have less health than you.

That being said, I've had to go through both of those mods and scale back some of the settings--they were a little too rough. I think the author set the DT of Hardened Mk2 Sentry Bots to something insane, like 60, which makes them pretty tedious to fight. Dropping this to 40 DT made a lot more sense.

Hopefully you find those settings to your liking.

Thanks for this (and your other post about PN settings). Between these and the mini-hardcore thing I've made for myself it's been pretty good so far, we'll see how long it lasts.

I never ended up using Arwens not because I didn't like it (I didn't realize it for a while, but the best way to describe it is Morrowind with guns; everyone is awful and you're awful because you've got terrible skills, level them up and they get a lot better - kind of neat honestly if it wasn't for one major flaw), but because it wasn't complete and because like FWE before her she tweaks all the guns/armor and because it'snot complete it just makes it a compatability/balance/MY IMMERSION nightmare unless I want to play vanilla with no DLC.

So I stole all her leveled lists and put them into my old overhaul mod, adjusted some values and got rid of some other stuff from it and adjusted some DLC leveled lists. Pretty sweet so far :whatup:

Probably gonna remake my old weird power armor mod from FO3 too so you can't grab armor off corpses.

Mr. Crow fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Aug 2, 2011

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
Lightsabers are from The Armory, right? (I don't think I have any other mods that would add them.) Where do you find the crystals to make them?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

m2pt5 posted:

Lightsabers are from The Armory, right? (I don't think I have any other mods that would add them.) Where do you find the crystals to make them?

They're in the WIP, if you're using it. I don't think you can find any of them anywhere right now, but each individual LS should be in the melee cabinet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
Yeah, I'm using the latest WIP.

Well, dang.