Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

American Jello posted:

also bologna on his car

im trying to punish this lady not make her lunch you moron :rolleye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

gently caress you, now my day is ruined

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

American Jello posted:

also bologna on his car

what does this do

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

graph posted:

what does this do

fucks up the paint in a nice lil circle if its hot enough. ever had fried bologna? delicious

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
Soda, Peanut Butter, Bologna, Any food item that uses Phoroshoric Acid as a presearvitive will peel the paint off a car. Not all versions of these foods contain the acid, but there are versions that do. With eggs it is usually the impact of the egg that screws up the finish, although I have heard the albumen when allowed to dry on the finish of a car will discolor it. Keep in mind modern paint strippers take about 15 minutes to get the paint to bubble and breakdown, these food items usually take hours. Heat plays an important role in the reaction also (takes a long time when it is cold). On a hot summer day, coca-cola will start to noticably discolor a cars finish in about 20 minutes. Obviously liquids work best.

As a bored kid growing up in Queens and on Long Island, We used to throw golf balls covered in peanut butter at cars from an overpass. The peanut butter would deaden the noise, the golf ball would gaurantee a dent, and if the sucker stuck the peanut butter would cause the paint to begin to discolor and bubble (after a couple of hours). We had the best success with GM cars since the paint finishes on them in the late 80's early 90's was less than great. We did leave bologna on the trunk of someone's car but the birds who picked at it did more damage than the chemicals in the bologna itself. After we discovered the joy of abandoned cars and a sawzall, these kind of pranks weren't as fun.

edit: enamel nail remover will strip paint but it takes a while because it is a very weak stripper and modern enamels are much stronger. If I had to guess I'd say an hour. Even laquer thinner which automotive painters use to clean their spray guns takes a good 10-15 minutes to begin to eat through a hardened and waxed finish.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
how to send a car to HELL

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

Atasi posted:

yeah i didnt read that thread until now and omg im dying

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

American Jello posted:

anrkcook.txt

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
HOORAY FOR DEXTERS RETURN!

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"

Atasi posted:

aww man, I hadn't read past the first few posts last time :geno:

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

Migishu posted:

HOORAY FOR DEXTERS RETURN!

yay cloud :unsmith:

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

I'm so sad now. So very very sad :(

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

thanks for reminding me I gotta renew my subscrip to Animal Digest

penguinwarfare
Dec 19, 2005
Sir Lord Master In Command
I sadly do not own a fantastic cat, but this is my friend's cat Frodo. He is 1 year old and very amazing. He is shy and a bit timid, just like a real hobbit would be if you found it under a roll of carpet in the living room.

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"
all cats are fantastic. that is a pretty cat. post more pictures of that cat.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Atasi posted:

well it was all good when i i linked to it earlier :(

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Migishu posted:

I'm so sad now. So very very sad :(

life is cruel :cry:

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Catte advice needed... I posted pictures of the cattes I live with, human being Charlie and Dazzler last week or so, but I'm worried about them. They aren't my cats, they belong to the Landlady who lives with her new fiancee and doesn't want to take them because they have too much nice furniture and she really has been a neglectful rear end in a top hat to these cats in all regards.... leaving them alone for days at a time and feeding them by piling a couple bowls full of food and letting the cats eat at their own whim, the result of which is that human being Charlie is 18lbs and Dazzler is very skinny (although he seems healthy).

I felt that I had to distance myself from them, in that I don't treat them like they were my own cats. I feed them every day and water them and such, but I clean their litter boxes maybe once a week (if that :barf:), don't spend time brushing them, etc. I feel that the more effort I put into caring for them, the more I will want to keep them forever and the harder this will be in a couple months when we leave.

They are adorable and cuddly and the best cattes I have ever met. What do I do? :smith:

E - human being Charlie loves hugs. I just pick him up and it's one paw on each shoulder, purring like mad. How many cattes actually LOVE hugs? God drat these adorable animals.

toby
Dec 4, 2002

steal the cattes

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

toby posted:

steal the cattes

trust me, the thought has crossed my mind

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

congratulations on your new cats

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

human being Charlie never turns down tummy rubs either oh god I might have to take them

substance1987
Mar 29, 2008

The tide of evolution carries everything before it, thoughts no less than bodies, and persons no less than nations

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

next stop: gettin' that good nippe

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Golden-i posted:

human being Charlie never turns down tummy rubs either oh god I might have to take them

Maybe suggest to the landlord that you just adopt them permanently and she can of course come visit and what not. She may not be as interested in getting them back if she thinks someone else is really wanting to give them loves.

Faithless
Dec 1, 2006
http://youtu.be/9FMbA3xyPZ0

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Funhilde posted:

Maybe suggest to the landlord that you just adopt them permanently and she can of course come visit and what not. She may not be as interested in getting them back if she thinks someone else is really wanting to give them loves.

Oh I forgot to mention that she's completely insane and doesn't really think rational thoughts like you do. Hence why I am leaving in a month or so.

That's the complicated part.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
then it turns out she already gave u the cats

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

JawnV6 posted:

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

JawnV6 posted:

Dream come true, right there... these guys seriously own, I will get better pictures when I have a decent camera.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

toby posted:

steal the cattes

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

I have zero interest in marriage.

toby posted:

steal the cattes

Also dee eight I got the cat shirt.

It's loving awesome. Expect a package in less than 3 weeks with your goodies.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Holy poo poo after tonight's happenings with the landlady I might be taking these cattes

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

I have zero interest in marriage.

Golden-i posted:

Holy poo poo after tonight's happenings with the landlady I'm taking these cattes

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

Golden-i posted:

Holy poo poo after tonight's happenings with the landlady I might be taking these cattes

tweet the fukn deets m8!!!!

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
It's tentative but good cattes come to those who wait

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

Golden-i posted:

It's tentative but good cattes come to those who wait

did i ask for platitudes?? did i? no. i asked for the details. i am girl. i thrive on dramas. post about yo landlady

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

my dog boyfriend!!! posted:

i am girl.

yeah I met a girl once and it was cool i guess

substance1987
Mar 29, 2008

The tide of evolution carries everything before it, thoughts no less than bodies, and persons no less than nations

Golden-i posted:

yeah I met a girl once and it was cool i guess

let me tell you about girls, son.

girls distract you from stealing cattes.

golden-i steal the cattes

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
neither catte is female

this is flawless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
post your f*cking cat story already!