Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

As a buyer, you can make any offer you drat well please. You are not under any obligation, ever, to be "nice" to the seller by meeting their unrealistic expectations. That includes both ordinary sales, and REOs.

It seems odd to me that the foreclosed properties you're seeing are being listed too high, but whatever. You can offer exactly what you you're willing to pay. If they say no, what have you lost? Just some time, and some effort by your realtor in writing the offer (but really, they use a standard form and fill in the blanks, it's not much of their time).

That said... beware the fixer-upper! Bewaaaaaare! Unless you can float both the mortgage payment and rent, you will want a house that is ready for you to move in to. And then you'll be fixing-upping it while living in it, which can be absolute hell depending on what needs to be done.

And, it always costs more than you though it was going to, and takes longer.

I don't want to tell you not to do it, mind; just, be very realistic with your plans. Remember that there's loads of houses, and more go on sale every day, so you can relax and take your pick and if you make an offer and they make a counter-offer that's too high, walk away, don't fall in love with the place or start thinking you should buy it because you already spent a little time and money doing inspections or whatever. Far better to walk away from $400 or so spent on inspections, than spend thousands and thousands more on a property than you wanted to.

No I'm very aware of the implications, the places I'm looking at are almost completely finished. To be "livable" would require buying a fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher and dryer/washer. They're mostly 2 bed/1-1.5 bath houses that are "finished" just missing the fun stuff that can easily be done over time. Floating cost really wouldn't be an issue because if I were to get a house at that price I would be cutting my monthly housing cost in half which would provide more-than-enough money to do things at my own pace on the weekends. I already deduct my taxes as I work from home so being able to add on the taxes from a mortgage would be splendid.

I'm not looking to purchase right away - I'm on a lease until July 1st so I'm mostly just doing research, checking my potential options and figuring out what exactly *I* want out of the deal. South Dakota has a home buyers class which is one on one with a bank to answer any questions you have which I plan on taking. Not only will I get informed, I get 3% off closing costs by taking it so :toot:

I'm aware that it will take forever to get what I'd want done on a home finished, I helped a friend of mine build a bathroom in his basement when I moved in with him so he could sell the place. It was supposed to take maybe 2 months worth of weekends due to the simplistic nature of the idea but ended up being a 5 month project. That bathroom was drat-sexy though.

I'm mostly frustrated being a potential buyer with the market here because I'm a gay male with a partner and it seems builders don't care about "bachelor/no kids" houses. We're looking for something where they focus more on the master bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and less on how-many-bedrooms-can-we-shove-in-this-property type homes but it seems all builders are focused on the platonic family here. That is mainly why getting a semi-unfinished foreclosed home seems ideal for me as I can finish it exactly how I want it on my own terms rather than getting horesfucked by some assclown by changing a massive family room into 80 bedrooms.

Edit: and by family room I mean cocktail party room :toot:

flyboi fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 1, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wormy Guy
May 7, 2002
Quick question for anyone familiar with VA loans.

My wife and I just started looking for a home ONLY because her parents dropped a bomb and offered to front money for a down payment. During our meeting with the loan officer we found out that I was eligible for the VA loan which I had no clue about. It's a 2% fee in order to put 0 down.

Based off our calculations, it seems like using the money from her parents as the down is better than taking the 0 down and lowering the financing amount... I think.

Just looking for possible solutions to where I have what appears to be the best of both worlds, the ability to put 0 down and having a significant down payment.

roadhead
Dec 25, 2001

The Wormy Guy posted:

My wife and I just started looking for a home ONLY because her parents dropped a bomb and offered to front money for a down payment. During our meeting with the loan officer we found out that I was eligible for the VA loan which I had no clue about. It's a 2% fee in order to put 0 down.

Based off our calculations, it seems like using the money from her parents as the down is better than taking the 0 down and lowering the financing amount... I think.

Just looking for possible solutions to where I have what appears to be the best of both worlds, the ability to put 0 down and having a significant down payment.

Step 1. Borrow less money
Step 2. Pay less interest
Step 3. There is no step 3.

If you have 20% to put down its better terms (generally) than pretty much any other loan you can do. As you put in more than 20% the terms only get more favorable for you. Put down as much as you can afford to tie up in a very restrictive "savings" account all your new junk-mail will be sure to tell about.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Dijkstra posted:

loving realtors... Here's a story for you

They are on their second listing agency and apparently their current agent is desperate to attract some attention. (There is a huge "BRING ALL OFFERS" sign in front of this place, which you don't see in this neighborhood.) Also, they have the place listed for what is too much to begin with.

I ran into this exact situation when looking a few months ago. It was a nice house, but overpriced. It originally sold for $138ish back in 2005, and thats what they had it listed at last year when it sat on the market for 8 months. They took it off the market for 4 months, and re-listed it for $136k, and in the MLS listing it said SELLERS MOTIVATED, IMMEDIATE OCCUPANCY, BRING ALL OFFERS! So based on the price per square foot, and recent comps, and some things that I could see that needed to be fixed or addressed, I offered $123k. Their counter? $135k.

Good luck with that assholes. House is still on the market, and I found a much nicer home for less money in a better neighborhood.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

The Wormy Guy posted:

Is the money from her parents a gift or a loan? Just FYI, you are going to have to jump through some hoops in the mortgage application process if it's a gift.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

gvibes posted:

Is the money from her parents a gift or a loan? Just FYI, you are going to have to jump through some hoops in the mortgage application process if it's a gift.

All they'll have to do is make the parents provide a bank statement showing the money leaving their account along with a letter saying it's a gift, it was no problem for us.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

sanchez posted:

All they'll have to do is make the parents provide a bank statement showing the money leaving their account along with a letter saying it's a gift, it was no problem for us.

Anything more than 13k in this year you have to pay taxes on. Just a heads up for tax filing or you might be a little ;_; when you file for taxes and get dinged. The bank will report the deposit into your bank account so the IRS will be well-aware you received that money and curious as to what you're declaring it as.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

flyboi posted:

Anything more than 13k in this year you have to pay taxes on. Just a heads up for tax filing or you might be a little ;_; when you file for taxes and get dinged. The bank will report the deposit into your bank account so the IRS will be well-aware you received that money and curious as to what you're declaring it as.

Wait what, isn't gift tax the givers problem? (If they give away 1mil+ over their lifetime) Or does it count as income?

http://www.fairmark.com/begin/gifts.htm

Seems fine to me.

sanchez fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 2, 2011

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

sanchez posted:

Wait what, isn't gift tax the givers problem? (If they give away 1mil+ over their lifetime) Or does it count as income?

http://www.fairmark.com/begin/gifts.htm

Seems fine to me.

It depends on the conditions of the gifting and at least with my dad he's a cheap rear end and made me claim the money when he gave me money towards a car. Although it was the end of the year so we just did 12k in December and the rest the following year.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

flyboi posted:

It depends on the conditions of the gifting and at least with my dad he's a cheap rear end and made me claim the money when he gave me money towards a car. Although it was the end of the year so we just did 12k in December and the rest the following year.

If I'm reading that doc correctly neither of you should have paid any tax, unless he's already given you a million dollars.

Admiral101
Feb 20, 2006
RMU: Where using the internet is like living in 1995.

quote:

1. Gifts are never taxable to the recipient. Filing of a gift tax return is the responsibility of the gifter.

2. I'm not sure what your dad wanted you to 'claim'. There's no tax advantage to gifting - for you or your dad.

3. Neither of you should have paid any tax. It's not even relevant unless your dad is some kind of multi millionaire with an enormous estate.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

sanchez posted:

If I'm reading that doc correctly neither of you should have paid any tax, unless he's already given you a million dollars.

Correct, because it was under the minimum.

Admiral101 posted:

1. Gifts are never taxable to the recipient. Filing of a gift tax return is the responsibility of the gifter.

2. I'm not sure what your dad wanted you to 'claim'. There's no tax advantage to gifting - for you or your dad.

3. Neither of you should have paid any tax. It's not even relevant unless your dad is some kind of multi millionaire with an enormous estate.

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=108139,00.html

Who pays the gift tax?
The donor is generally responsible for paying the gift tax. Under special arrangements the donee may agree to pay the tax instead. Please visit with your tax professional if you are considering this type of arrangement.

Like I said, my dad's a cheap rear end.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003
The minimum is a million dollars, unless he's already given you that, or is going to, there is no problem, there was no point splitting the transaction.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

sanchez posted:

The minimum is a million dollars, unless he's already given you that, or is going to, there is no problem, there was no point splitting the transaction.

How many annual exclusions are available?
The annual exclusion applies to gifts to each donee. In other words, if you give each of your children $11,000 in 2002-2005, $12,000 in 2006-2008, and $13,000 on or after January 1, 2009, the annual exclusion applies to each gift.

The IRS would like to tell you that you're wrong. Any-who less tax talk more house talk.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

flyboi posted:

The annual exclusion applies to gifts to each donee. In other words, if you give each of your children $11,000 in 2002-2005, $12,000 in 2006-2008, and $13,000 on or after January 1, 2009, the annual exclusion applies to each gift.

The IRS would like to tell you that you're wrong. Any-who less tax talk more house talk.

Nope, you're not reading it right. If you give more than the exclusion, you have to report it, but that's all, there is no tax liability until the million dollar mark is hit.

EDIT: Actually it looks like the limit has been raised to 5 million.

sanchez fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 2, 2011

Admiral101
Feb 20, 2006

quote:

You're saying that a gift from someone's in-laws would have tax implications, when in the vast, vast majority of the cases it would not, so it's kind of relevant in context of this thread.

Anything above the 13,000 is applied against a lifetime exclusion. The excess is NOT taxable in any way shape or form, unless you also exceed this lifetime exclusion.

You paid tax when you shouldn't have. The Wormy Guy will not owe tax either unless he's already been receiving extraordinarily lavish gifts from his in-laws for years now.

Dijkstra
May 21, 2002

DJCobol posted:

I ran into this exact situation when looking a few months ago. It was a nice house, but overpriced. It originally sold for $138ish back in 2005, and thats what they had it listed at last year when it sat on the market for 8 months. They took it off the market for 4 months, and re-listed it for $136k, and in the MLS listing it said SELLERS MOTIVATED, IMMEDIATE OCCUPANCY, BRING ALL OFFERS! So based on the price per square foot, and recent comps, and some things that I could see that needed to be fixed or addressed, I offered $123k. Their counter? $135k.

Good luck with that assholes. House is still on the market, and I found a much nicer home for less money in a better neighborhood.
I guess it's pretty common. It is around here anyway. I get that people think they are entitled to a lot more money because they have added a bunch of poo poo like granite, stainless steel appliances, nice wood floors etc. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I get it. Sometimes sellers can squeeze more money out of buyers that way, especially in big cities where there are a lot of people who just want to move into a newly-renovated house and don't care about building sweat equity.

But this place literally had nothing done to it since the current owners bought it in 1999. We would have to probably buy appliances before too long. Not to mention we would need to rip out a bunch of old paneling, redo electrical outlets, paint, fix some gutter drainage issues, landscape and crap like that.

So yeah, good luck assholes.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

flyboi posted:

Anything more than 13k in this year you have to pay taxes on.
In practice, I think that you can do four times the annual limit, by splitting into four gifts:
1) gift from mom to son-in-law
2) gift from dad to son-in-law
3) gift from mom to daughter
4) gift from dad to daughter.

Not 100% sure on that.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

The gift tax is only for the giver of the money. They can donate up to $XXX per year/lifetime/whatever and not have to pay taxes on it.

The receiver of the money has to pay income taxes on it, regardless. (Note: There are some exceptions, like everything in our tax code).

Admiral101
Feb 20, 2006

quote:

The receiver of the money has to pay income taxes on it, regardless. (Note: There are some exceptions, like everything in our tax code).

The receiver of a gift? No, never.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Admiral101 posted:

The receiver of a gift? No, never.

The receiver doesn't have to pay the "gift tax" but I am fairly certain that money that the poster is talking about in this case will be considered income and therefore subject to normal income tax rates.

Edit: I may be wrong, but I thought this was the way it worked. Google isn't helping, as I don't trust yahoo answers at all.

Admiral101
Feb 20, 2006

quote:

The receiver doesn't have to pay the "gift tax" but I am fairly certain that money that the poster is talking about in this case will be considered income and therefore subject to normal income tax rates.

It would not be considered taxable income and would not be subject to normal income tax rates.

It has to be a true gift though. Employers cannot give a gift to an employee, for example.

The Wormy Guy has absolutely no tax obligations from accepting a gift from his inlaws. His inlaws MAY have a gift tax filing requirement (emphasis on "tax filing", not "tax liability"), but that's it.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

sheri posted:

Edit: I may be wrong, but I thought this was the way it worked. Google isn't helping, as I don't trust yahoo answers at all.

From the mouth of the IRS:
TITLE 26 > Subtitle A > CHAPTER 1 > Subchapter B > PART III > § 102
§ 102. Gifts and inheritances
(a) General rule
Gross income does not include the value of property acquired by gift, bequest, devise, or inheritance.

There are some exceptions but they do not apply.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

flyboi posted:

my dad gave me money towards a car. we just did 12k in December and the rest the following year.

flyboi posted:

he's a cheap rear end

What the gently caress? You owe your dad an apology right loving now.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
We have an excellent Tax thread that could help with any more questions.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3394641

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

LloydDobler posted:

What the gently caress? You owe your dad an apology right loving now.

Not really, he knows he is. It's not like that's a terrible thing and I'm ungrateful for him giving me the rest of the money that was required from the divorce settlement from my mother 10 years after he was supposed to pay it. We're friends he's just sheisty when it comes to money.

The Wormy Guy
May 7, 2002

gvibes posted:

In practice, I think that you can do four times the annual limit, by splitting into four gifts:
1) gift from mom to son-in-law
2) gift from dad to son-in-law
3) gift from mom to daughter
4) gift from dad to daughter.

Not 100% sure on that.

Wow lots of talk about the gift portion of my post. ^^^^ This guy has it right. Each of her parents can give each of us a certain amount of money, thus increasing how much we can receive (I think it was around the 13k limit per transaction). I got this information directly from the loan officer. And no we won't be paying taxes on the gift from what she told us as well.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

The Wormy Guy posted:

Wow lots of talk about the gift portion of my post. ^^^^ This guy has it right. Each of her parents can give each of us a certain amount of money, thus increasing how much we can receive (I think it was around the 13k limit per transaction). I got this information directly from the loan officer. And no we won't be paying taxes on the gift from what she told us as well.

The 13k limit is totally irrelevant except for reporting purposes. Nobody will pay taxes unless your parents are giving you millions of dollars.

If your loan officer made you split it up and they're not giving you millions of dollars the loan officer is wrong too.

How much clearer can this get?

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
Man...

My girlfriend and I have been approved through a lender to buy a house, and the deal is done.. docs are all ready to go from underwriters to the title company except for one small detail.

Our original lender, Chase, refuses to transfer the appraisal and proof of AIR (Appraisal Independence Requirements) compliance to our new lender. AIR is a law that basically forbids lenders and appraisers from scheming to inflate home values.

Our new lender has already viewed the copy of the appraisal I received from Chase and is satisfied with the appraisal and valuation, but they insist upon receiving a copy of the appraisal directly from Chase along with an AIR "Certificate of Compliance".

Example certificate:
http://www.elliemae.com/hvcc/Certificate%20of%20Compliance.pdf

HUD posted:

AIR allows Lender B to originate a loan using an appraisal transferred by Lender A if Lender B determines that the appraisal with written assurances that the appraisal was obtained in a manner consistent with AIR, conforms to Lender B's requirements for appraisals and is otherwise acceptable. Will Freddie Mac hold Lender B liable for remedies if it is discovered after the transfer that Lender A did not obtain the appraisal in a manner consistent with AIR?

Yes. As with all other representation and warranties under the Guide, Freddie Mac will hold Lender B, the lender who sold the loan to Freddie Mac, fully responsible for any violations of AIR and our Guide requirements.

Our new lender is asking for something quite reasonable, in my opinion: they want Chase to vouch for the integrity of the appraisal. I can't imagine why Chase would refuse, for any reason other than:

1) They did something shady.
2) They're dicks.

Chase dicked around with our loan for two months before rejecting it. This new lender approved and took us this close to closing in two weeks. I can't believe Chase is doing this.. it's almost like they're a cartoon villain twiddling their mustache and trying to find any way they can to derail our home purchase.

I doubt there are any experts here on this minutiae, but on the off chance there's someone knowledgeable reading, I'm all ears. Thanks.

jwitko
Oct 22, 2008

IF YOU THREATEN MY GIRLFRIEND WITH DEATH I WILL MAKE A GBS THREAD ABOUT IT. BECAUSE THAT IS THE PROPER PROCEDURE WHEN SOMEONE YOU LOVE IS IN POTENTIAL DANGER. BUT SERIOUSLY THE KID IS BLACK, MY WOMAN IS AS GOOD AS DEAD.
Bought my house about 2 months ago. It's been a dream and as good as it could get until last night...

Somehow an entire large tree uprooted itself and fell onto mine/my neighbors cinder block fence. No real damage but it just turned my day of relaxing and getting ready for my vacation into a day of chain sawing this fucker.

not going to say do never buy but definitely know what you're getting into!

Captain Windex
Apr 10, 2005
It'll clean anything.
Pillbug

MrBuddyLee posted:

Our original lender, Chase, refuses to transfer the appraisal and proof of AIR (Appraisal Independence Requirements) compliance to our new lender. AIR is a law that basically forbids lenders and appraisers from scheming to inflate home values.

Our new lender has already viewed the copy of the appraisal I received from Chase and is satisfied with the appraisal and valuation, but they insist upon receiving a copy of the appraisal directly from Chase along with an AIR "Certificate of Compliance".
I can't imagine why Chase would refuse, for any reason other than:

1) They did something shady.
2) They're dicks.

Chase dicked around with our loan for two months before rejecting it. This new lender approved and took us this close to closing in two weeks. I can't believe Chase is doing this.. it's almost like they're a cartoon villain twiddling their mustache and trying to find any way they can to derail our home purchase.

I doubt there are any experts here on this minutiae, but on the off chance there's someone knowledgeable reading, I'm all ears. Thanks.

I don't know Chase's specific guidelines, but for the bank I work for we will transfer appraisals ordered through us to other lenders for a fee (which is generally waived when we have declined the loan for whatever reason). Have they just flat out refused to transfer it under any circumstances? Were you going through Chase directly or through a broker of some sort? If you went through a broker they might at least be able to get you an explanation of Chase's policies on this, Chase should have written guidelines for accepting and transferring appraisals from other lenders. Or Chase may just not do it at all (if so, see your bullet point 2).

Captain Windex fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Aug 4, 2011

Socratic Moron
Oct 12, 2003
*sigh*
My sister is in the process of buying a house and has requested a loan from me which I am happy to provide. What we're unsure of is how private financing works. When she makes an offer, will she put, "Subject to private financing" and then I transfer the money to her when accepted? Or do I transfer it direct to escrow?

Has anyone ever done private financing?

I'm having my CPA take care of things on MY end to make sure everything is kosher, I'm just not sure how it works elsewhere.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Socratic Moron posted:

My sister is in the process of buying a house and has requested a loan from me which I am happy to provide. What we're unsure of is how private financing works. When she makes an offer, will she put, "Subject to private financing" and then I transfer the money to her when accepted? Or do I transfer it direct to escrow?

Has anyone ever done private financing?

I'm having my CPA take care of things on MY end to make sure everything is kosher, I'm just not sure how it works elsewhere.

Typically done through a promissory note. Your sister should know that it will be counted in her debt/income ratios.

Socratic Moron
Oct 12, 2003
*sigh*

TraderStav posted:

Typically done through a promissory note. Your sister should know that it will be counted in her debt/income ratios.
Can you elaborate on this please? Thank you!

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!

Captain Windex posted:

I don't know Chase's specific guidelines, but for the bank I work for we will transfer appraisals ordered through us to other lenders for a fee (which is generally waived when we have declined the loan for whatever reason). Have they just flat out refused to transfer it under any circumstances? Were you going through Chase directly or through a broker of some sort? If you went through a broker they might at least be able to get you an explanation of Chase's policies on this, Chase should have written guidelines for accepting and transferring appraisals from other lenders. Or Chase may just not do it at all (if so, see your bullet point 2).
Thanks for your reply. I worked directly with Chase, so there's no broker to help out here.

I cold called Chase yesterday until I got a response--I finally got a Vice President willing to "help", and she told us they'd email us a copy of the appraisal yesterday by end of day.

It didn't arrive. Today, they're not returning our calls or emails.

DO NEVER BUY (through Chase)!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Socratic Moron posted:

Can you elaborate on this please? Thank you!

I'll point you to the ehow writeup on it here http://www.ehow.com/how_5040652_create-promissory.html

It's just a legal document that formalizes the loan arrangement.

In regards to the debt/income portion, the mortgage company must have a complete financial picture of your sisters situation and an under-the-table loan should still be disclosed to them. In fact, I believe it's a felony to not report it. There is no penalty for her to have the loan with you, just that it will be calculated in to her obligations.

Socratic Moron
Oct 12, 2003
*sigh*

TraderStav posted:

In regards to the debt/income portion, the mortgage company must have a complete financial picture of your sisters situation and an under-the-table loan should still be disclosed to them. In fact, I believe it's a felony to not report it. There is no penalty for her to have the loan with you, just that it will be calculated in to her obligations.
Thank you for elaborating.

If the house she is buying is $250,000 and I provide her $200,000 and she provides the other $50,000, do we have to deal with any of what you alluded to?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Socratic Moron posted:

Thank you for elaborating.

If the house she is buying is $250,000 and I provide her $200,000 and she provides the other $50,000, do we have to deal with any of what you alluded to?

Is this a cash deal? If so, then no one really cares where the money comes from. If she is borrowing the $50k from the bank, she will need to qualify for the 50k loan and include the repayment of the 200k to you as part of her debt obligations. If she has low income, it could be an issue. Best to pick up the phone and chat with a mortgage broker.

Socratic Moron
Oct 12, 2003
*sigh*

TraderStav posted:

Is this a cash deal?
Yes, but I want to wait until an offer is accepted and inspection is ok before I send her the funds (or to escrow) as I don't want to deal with the money getting send back and forth. But to do that we need (I assume) to prove that I have that cash and am willing to lend it to her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
DO NEVER... get a mortgage and need to default on.

Today I received a notice of a sheriffs sale... via an advertisement from a law firm who want me to file bankruptcy to save my home. I have received no formal notice of sheriffs sale. My last payment was September 30th 2010, and there is a sheriffs sale August 31, 2011. I guess I can take the house off the market and consider a deed-in-lieu out of the question.