Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
here's one:

arZBuCPd7YxrLELA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

BTC.spengler posted:

here's one:

arZBuCPd7YxrLELA

Nabbed this one, thanks.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!
I still have these two left from my last batch:

aXHkUmZhywgpDdDV
b5CWm6kKuwZqhFVp

By the way, is this forum viewable to the public? Because if it isn't I have to say that most of you are terrible about giving feedback when you've claimed an invite.
It's the least you can do to spare those who throw out lots of invites at once the trouble of having to manually check each used invite against the list given here to strike out the ones that are already claimed.
Big thumbs up to those of you who actually did tell me, you rule!

torjus fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Aug 4, 2011

bleees
Jul 11, 2001

This Avatar is self referential
Blah, some invites

aqEnCY2JfVsRankZ
bumF4V2ZahbfsfVS
fD4GN8M2RkBCGcLZ
cPuCPwtLF2bPFe5u
dREGFf56uNBZcqhs
cDMqXdSw4ykFF9pS
fnTwZLKxPYLJagrW
cP9Srmb8X9EFeEfc
cVgDNpNTfAGumkuu
dsuu57eFKWCym8Fn
cdA8E8xGeV3n6cq5
ehRW6TTbMscV7BLk
br5wC4fbndC7MNdr
cDwfVJtxP9b8PE5S
cCuSVRw5hPuTgDcw
c4gBVD8rbcCzwKsC
fkwPVAfRXNd6BWhe
cTu3fEz5LFZwp4ER
bWsDJ8Kw4AreF5xL

TheChipmunk
Sep 29, 2003

Eschew Obfuscation
b5CWm6kKuwZqhFVp

Took that! Torjus

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

torjus posted:

By the way, is this forum viewable to the public? Because if it isn't I have to say that most of you are terrible about giving feedback when you've claimed an invite.

It is, which means most of these invites are probably going out to non-goons, and I won't be surprised if every deal/coupon forum on the internet has a link back here by now.

Apparently when you sign up for premium they give you a bunch of invites:

a6GkANcFSCS7GffW
anRTqxVBZSLZadyB
dzU2ymr4kM6LTRbX
cWPLtnwJkFRrZ4LV
fdWFMrb74SxzwHeJ

The premium service is worth $10/month just for the mobile app.

ANAmal.net fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Aug 2, 2011

Garro
Feb 8, 2009

Another round of invites:

fqKXLb8ZZ7m8dKLm
eS3TFBtgZUFCLsD9
bTW7TndXTHXaK3Vk
dt6SMweVEYUULF9A
azpuk2HDVC8urKBL
eAp9YA8RmwBsrmF2
fKuUXpxhcYqZbn7W

Garro fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Aug 3, 2011

groverat
Aug 5, 2004

$ watch the money pile up $
Used: aqEnCY2JfVsRankZ

This looks awesome.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

tropen posted:

azpuk2HDVC8urKBL
Used this one, thanks!

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

tropen posted:

fKuUXpxhcYqZbn7W

Thank you sir!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

This should be good for a little while

https://www.facebook.com/Sprite/posts/10150191406714159

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

tropen posted:

dt6SMweVEYUULF9A

Got this one. Thanks!

Bloke
May 22, 2004

Here's a few

cZhW79CtqB9ZWFtC
fH73K9Dhf7zMXPku

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish
Took: fkwPVAfRXNd6BWhe

you are a god, thank you so much

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

Bloke posted:

Here's a few

cZhW79CtqB9ZWFtC

I took this one, thank you

FURY-161
Dec 28, 2005

tropen posted:

eS3TFBtgZUFCLsD9

Taken, many thanks.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

tropen posted:

eAp9YA8RmwBsrmF2

Taken. Thank you. :)

Glug_Glug
Feb 17, 2011
Used this one:

a3kBtSpcEPweXMPu

Surprised to find all of the Good Life albums on there :). I'm liking this alot right now.

Mogador
Nov 4, 2007

I have quite a few to give out

dqEMRfMg7dLNKM4T
d4skWPM6ZVbJrXEU

Starting easy, please reply and tell me if you grabbed them :)

Mogador fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 3, 2011

Frohike999
Oct 23, 2003

Mogador posted:

dqEMRfMg7dLNKM4T

Used this one. Thanks!

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

Mogador posted:

I have quite a few to give out

dqEMRfMg7dLNKM4T
d4skWPM6ZVbJrXEU

Starting easy, please reply and tell me if you grabbed them :)

And I got the other one. Thanks dude!

Mogador
Nov 4, 2007

Here is 2 more! (i dont want to post a gazillion at a time)

a4w93fdxHSwZu5Vs
e3hu4U4YNMn4A8JS

Please write if you get them :)
If someone wants another code to send to a friend or family-member that don't have an account here, just PM me and ill fix it.

Mogador fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Aug 4, 2011

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Mogador posted:

Here is 2 more! (i dont want to post a gazillion at a time)

a4w93fdxHSwZu5Vs
e3hu4U4YNMn4A8JS

Please write if you get them :)
If someone wants another code to send to a friend or family-member that don't have an account here, just PM me and ill fix it.

Both of these were taken by people and I don't have pm; could you send one to weirdal@gmail.com? Thanks!

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

how the gently caress is Ryan Adams NOT a related artist of Whiskeytown (his band!).

Is there a thing we can suggest related artists with?

Bicehunter
Jul 8, 2010

Telex posted:

how the gently caress is Ryan Adams NOT a related artist of Whiskeytown (his band!).

Is there a thing we can suggest related artists with?

In the begining Spotify bought (or got it? unnu) all musics database (allmusic.com) and if you check Ryan there his band is under "see also", not similar.

Mogador
Nov 4, 2007

wa27 posted:

Both of these were taken by people and I don't have pm; could you send one to weirdal@gmail.com? Thanks!

Invite sent :)
Either they were taken by them god drat outsiders :bahgawd: or people are to lazy to write a reply.

Lets try again, 2 more.

fbWdP23SbKMTFa4C - Taken by an ungrateful goon or an outsider :bahgawd:
dNAczBRhKKq35ZKk

Enjoy!

Mogador fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 4, 2011

docno
Oct 1, 2004
The Doc No.
dNAczBRhKKq35ZKk used

Thanks!

Mogador
Nov 4, 2007

Christmas is early, or hanukkah or spaghettimonster-day or whatever you feel like celebrating.

bNW4ZphYfTdMnU3U
c4p5Pcz7E9RCCz5s

Mogador fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 5, 2011

Morricone
Jul 7, 2005
Seems like I have 23 invitations to hand out to fellow goons! Just write your email here and I will start inviting sometime during friday!

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Took bNW4ZphYfTdMnU3U
thanks Mogador

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Morricone posted:

Seems like I have 23 invitations to hand out to fellow goons! Just write your email here and I will start inviting sometime during friday!

pcprofessional1 AT gmail.com

Morricone
Jul 7, 2005

Ratmtattat posted:

pcprofessional1 AT gmail.com

Sent!

Canned Pubis
May 20, 2004

DELICIOUS MENTHOL

Morricone posted:

jondanko AT comcast.net

Mogador
Nov 4, 2007

Canned Pubis posted:

jondanko AT comcast.net

Sent!

Here are 2 more :)

dpusqFXzKt8uMRNP
[s]cAxVcXVbWFPkqrGW[/]

Reply which code you take etc etc.

Mogador fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Aug 6, 2011

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer
fCfV9HCLMEtx37z7
bsXqH2qnFfp6d88f
aq83TAPJbn3VSE4y
cnYSAsD8cyzBr5p5
aVmepkrHkSgZhWek
bZ2ULKUJxGJ2mRyW
aJMYZBrwHDXM6eSA
eHxW2HcNYXV7ceP2
dqKWZRp4gBUeA2WB
cH3Ktb8spFNdYe9L
dXfhZh4qgLqGPVGB
caNutZRP7a39GgF3
actWDJW7a7ypAYfG
fqFXFWxwXP6xp2fs
ckNrYxTtfd7yUegq
curqbWekDqfxT55G
a7xCqV454NkxJkNk
dLDtEsTam98fYNKu
d5AucE3qqLTdFzCm
awACz5MCnhfMZZ7L

Mello Yello
Dec 27, 2004

Let's Samurize, Guys!
Can someone 'review' the service on a mobile app? This seemed like the perfect work-music solution that wasn't a streaming radio station with random songs. My company won't let the Spotify client install so I looked to the mobile app, which is only truly available for the 5-a-month deal.

Is it worth it? Does it stream well? Does it stop often? Is the full site's library available? Playlists? Any person account welcome!

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer

Mello Yello posted:

Can someone 'review' the service on a mobile app? This seemed like the perfect work-music solution that wasn't a streaming radio station with random songs. My company won't let the Spotify client install so I looked to the mobile app, which is only truly available for the 5-a-month deal.

Is it worth it? Does it stream well? Does it stop often? Is the full site's library available? Playlists? Any person account welcome!

It basically streams as well as your mobile data service will allow it to (and you can select 96kbps or 160kbps for streaming). With a decent connection it works really well, at least for me. You can also have it sync playlists for offline use over wifi, which is actually what I mostly listen to when mobile.
You get the exact same music library as the desktop client, and all your playlists (though you won't get them arranged in folders).

However, you need Premium ($10/month) do use the mobile app.

(Disclaimer: I may not be a fair and balanced reviewer, but I do pay for the service and like using it)

Mogador
Nov 4, 2007

Mello Yello posted:

I can only speak for how it is for me in Sweden.

Short version: Spotify is the only reason i bought an android phone. And its been working like a charm. You can manage all the playlist in your computer, and it will sync with your phone when you start the program there (you must have spotify premium to have it in your phone btw). Its easy to config and mess around in and ill recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat.

Mello Yello
Dec 27, 2004

Let's Samurize, Guys!
I don't mind the 10 dollar account. If this service really allows access to tons of albums to stream just whenever I feel like it that's pretty amazing. I am worried by the amount of lawsuits the US will try to slam it with though.

How established is Spotify in Europe? Will it be able to withstand patent trolls and the ilk or will I pay for a service that will be targeted by idiots and be like "gently caress the US we're going back to Europe where people appreciate us"

Edit: So many questions I know but I'm super on the fence and just about to fall in favor of the program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Mello Yello posted:

I don't mind the 10 dollar account. If this service really allows access to tons of albums to stream just whenever I feel like it that's pretty amazing. I am worried by the amount of lawsuits the US will try to slam it with though.

How established is Spotify in Europe? Will it be able to withstand patent trolls and the ilk or will I pay for a service that will be targeted by idiots and be like "gently caress the US we're going back to Europe where people appreciate us"

Edit: So many questions I know but I'm super on the fence and just about to fall in favor of the program.

I think that this is less of an issue, because it's not as though you would be "stuck" with anything if, all of a sudden, Spotify disappeared. You're paying for a directly-received service, you're not buying anything. It's not like people who bought a bunch of DRM-protected songs from Napster, then got stuck when Napster disabled their authorization system.

For example, I'm getting ready to switch from Rhapsody to Rdio. I've already switched from Mog once before, though, and will switch out of Rdio if it doesn't meet my needs. No harm, no foul.

Spotify's social aspect, combined with the broader userbase you get with a "free product," really intrigues me, but I hate the way that Spotify handles my library. I use Musicbrainz instead of Gracenote, and Spotify scatters my library across multiple albums and unrecognized tracks because it can't handle a "(feat.)" mention in a track title. I'd rather not have that spill over into my mobile experience.

• Locked thread