Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution

The_Rob posted:

her song about the wolf was loving great.

If you want to see video of it she did it on (I think) Conan also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

The_Rob posted:

Also Good One Robot is indeed the best CBB character.

Now you're just trying to start Tig Nataro arguments. Her 2 characters Good One Robot and "Mom saying YEAH?" don't even count as characters. I would go so far as to say that Good One Robot, which originated with Scottabot mishearing her, is just an extension of Tig's horrid attempts to derail or let the air out of other peoples bits. Sigh... look what you made me do...

I really hope you were joking...

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

King Lou posted:

I forgot to say not to forget the extra content I've been uploading to Tindeck. You can find links on the loureads site in the posts. There is only extra stuff on a few of the episodes but they are worth a listen, too.

Sweet, thanks man!

I got a head start on some of the early 'casts. I think my favourite parts are when you break character, becasue whatever you're reading is just way too hosed up.

FutureBoy
Jan 18, 2003

"Listen, no offense, but if I'm getting taken down, man, it ain't gonna be from fuckin' Speedball!"
Ok, myself and another goon have thrown our hats into the podcasting ring. Our site is called That's Pure Entertainment (http://www.thatspureentertainment.com/) and in it we spend some time discussing obscure films no one else has seen. We try to get our mutual friend "Danny" excited about these films as he has terrible taste in movies. Is this something you'd like to hear? We're counting on 'maybe'.

FutureBoy fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 2, 2011

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

FutureBoy posted:

Ok, myself and another goon have thrown our hats into the podcasing ring. Our site is called That's Pure Entertainment (http://www.thatspureentertainment.com/) and in it we spend some time discussing obscure films no one else has seen. We try to get our mutual friend "Danny" excited about these films as he has terrible taste in movies. Is this something you'd like to hear? We're counting on 'maybe'.

Sounds neat, I'll check it out.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

CommunistMojo posted:

So Aisha Tyler has a podcast now and her first episode is with Jon Benjamin telling the greatest diarrhea story ever.

This was fantastic. There was a little too much set up at the beginning, but I'm sure that's out of the way now. I'll never hear Jon Benjamin's voice again without thinking of that story.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I can't hear his voice without hearing Sterling Archer anyway, putting him in a podcast with Aisha Tyler is going to completely mess with my brain.

"You got upset when I called you a 'quadroon'!"
"Oh really? Imagine that!"
"YOU imagine it!"
"No, YOU imagine it!"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

King Lou posted:

Now you're just trying to start Tig Nataro arguments. Her 2 characters Good One Robot and "Mom saying YEAH?" don't even count as characters. I would go so far as to say that Good One Robot, which originated with Scottabot mishearing her, is just an extension of Tig's horrid attempts to derail or let the air out of other peoples bits. Sigh... look what you made me do...

I really hope you were joking...

Why would I be joking about the Good One Robot?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

The_Rob posted:

The good one robot is getting its own podcast on Earwolf.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

NotWearingPants posted:

The good one robot is getting its own podcast on Earwolf.

Couldn't be worse than Professor Blastoff.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em

The_Rob posted:

Why would the concept of jokes come up in a discussion abut Tig? :v:

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

King Lou posted:

Couldn't be worse than Professor Blastoff.

I like Professor Blastoff :\

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Goddamit podcast thread, we just patched up one pointless argument, and now you're restarting another old one? Let's all pass the talking pillow and make some "I feel..." statements until we've worked this out.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

shotgunbadger posted:

So, today's MBMBAM is amazing, I think it's even better then Spaghettedon to get folks hooked.

As someone who thought the show was only O.K. until this latest episode, I've got to agree. I'm definitely adding the show to my lineup.

Anyone else who was on the fence, I also recommend yesterday's episode.

Flying-Chip
May 2, 2004

What's the deal with Brody Stevens? Is he a gimmick or is he just insane? I don't get it.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Flying-Chip posted:

What's the deal with Brody Stevens? Is he a gimmick or is he just insane? I don't get it.

I THINK it's a little of both. I can't decide whether I find him entertaining or not - I'm pretty certain that a 45-60 minute standup set from him would try my patience, but in smaller doses he seems funny enough to me.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum

Flying-Chip posted:

Here's a video of him pretending to lose it on stage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E88CMWYpI2M

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I really want to see this clip of Paul F. Tompkins dubbed over the actual Cake Boss, but Hulu region-block has me defeated.

http://www.laughspin.com/2011/08/02/paul-f-tompkins-makes-tlcs-cake-boss-watchable-video/

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

ElCondemn posted:

I like Professor Blastoff :\

Professor Blastoff is something to listen to but its a really (really really) bad show. The joke is they really have no idea what they are talking about but Huntsberger thinks he has a clue but never actually does. He is basically what people who have never listened to Joe Rogan would think Joe is. And Huntsberger is sober.

I did actually enjoy the episode about evolution with the actual professor though. But I still don't get his Emo Phillips joke.

Teepkick Shakur fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 2, 2011

Gooch
Oct 30, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

It's a listeners market for podcasts these days.

I've listened to consecutive multiple episodes of single shows like you're doing too. But I recommend with the Bill Burr podcast you don't do it that way. He rarely ever has guests and it's just him talking. I think you should use his show to occasionally break up the monotony of the others that you're listening to straight through.

I have known who Bill Burr is for years, but I never really watched any of his stand up or had any interest in him. I only made 1 second into his philly stand up clip before I tapped out I didnt really give him a chance. then one day I decided to try his podcast out of boredom. I am now a HUGE Bill Burr fan.
I cant get enough of him. After listening to like 20 of his podcasts I tried watching his Philly clip all the way through, it was loving hilarious! all of his stand up is very good. I would place him in the top 10 comics in the country easily. His podcast is usually just him talking but he is loving great at it. I would say it is now my favorite podcast. I never laugh out loud as much with any other podcast.

Also thanks to watching alot of bill burr youtube clips I am now an Opie and Anthony fan. :negative:

Gooch fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 2, 2011

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.
I'm really digging the Earwolf Challenge. Makes me sad that most of the shows they feature are better than Tig's show and "How Did It Get Made".

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Gooch posted:

I have known who Bill Burr is for years, but I never really watched any of his stand up or had any interest in him. I only made 1 second into his philly stand up clip before I tapped out I didnt really give him a chance. then one day I decided to try his podcast out of boredom. I am now a HUGE Bill Burr fan.
I cant get enough of him. After listening to like 20 of his podcasts I tried watching his Philly clip all the way through, it was loving hilarious! all of his stand up is very good. I would place him in the top 10 comics in the country easily. His podcast is usually just him talking but he is loving great at it. I would say it is now my favorite podcast. I never laugh out loud as much with any other podcast.

Also thanks to watching alot of bill burr youtube clips I am now an Opie and Anthony fan. :negative:

Bill Burr's Philly rant truly is glorious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTY-JmKsR4Y

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

-Atom- posted:

Bill Burr's Philly rant truly is glorious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTY-JmKsR4Y

I'm from the Philadelphia surrounding area, and I fully endorse this rant.

He also, in his podcast, compared Upper Darby, which I live near, to Detroit, which kind of made me sad. He liked the venue, I think, but the town itself is pretty much a shithole. I wish I had known his Anti-Social Tour was coming to UD before, you know, it left UD, but whatever.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

SKULE123 posted:

I really want to see this clip of Paul F. Tompkins dubbed over the actual Cake Boss, but Hulu region-block has me defeated.

http://www.laughspin.com/2011/08/02/paul-f-tompkins-makes-tlcs-cake-boss-watchable-video/

I figured it out. When Paul F. Tompkins dresses like that, it fits him. When Jesse Thorn does it, it looks like he's trying to play grown-up.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

moleman posted:

I'm really digging the Earwolf Challenge. Makes me sad that most of the shows they feature are better than Tig's show and "How Did It Get Made".

I definitely agree. If Ham Radio makes it through this week I will be annoyed though, I have to say. That guy really rubs me the wrong way.

Nadine Hauklund
May 17, 2002

A boy's best friend is his mother.

SKULE123 posted:

This was pretty awesome. Excellent find.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Creflo Chronicle posted:

I definitely agree. If Ham Radio makes it through this week I will be annoyed though, I have to say. That guy really rubs me the wrong way.

TCGTE were robbed.

"If you want to be a popular podcast you need to have a recurring segment because listeners are whiny babies who need to know when to expect their laughs!"

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

TCGTE were robbed.

"If you want to be a popular podcast you need to have a recurring segment because listeners are whiny babies who need to know when to expect their laughs!"

Yeah, they were one of my personal picks for front-runners, I was bummed at them getting bumped.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

TCGTE is definitely my favorite "two guys talkin' about nothing" podcast.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
I'm really enjoying Mohr Stories. I was laughing my rear end off at this week's episode, especially the Tracy Morgan stuff and the bear wrestling stuff. What do others here think about it?

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
I just heard about the Earwolf Challenge thing, and it kind of sucks TCGTE were bumped. On the other hand, reality contests are bullshit by nature and nobody gives a poo poo who wins them.

You know who has won a reality show? Guy Fieri. Who wants to be in the same category as that stupid rear end in a top hat?

In conclusion, The Complete Guide to Everything is great, everyone listen to it (even if you aren't from England.)

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

Yeah what's up with theif British fanbase?

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

Ograbme posted:

Yeah what's up with theif British fanbase?

From their wiki page

Wikipedia posted:

The podcast was featured prominently on the UK iTunes podcast directory in August 2009 and has remained in the Staff Favourites section ever since.

This has led to an overwhelmingly British audience for this US-based show, which is frequently referred to and acknowledged in the show itself.

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009

goldrush posted:

I'm really enjoying Mohr Stories. I was laughing my rear end off at this week's episode, especially the Tracy Morgan stuff and the bear wrestling stuff. What do others here think about it?

I've been sticking to a UYD/Bill Burr rotation with a Rogan thrown in until I can't take his retarded druggy opinions...but goddamn if the "I don' wanna go in the ocean, king fish out there man" sold me. I've heard a lot about how Mohr was an rear end in a top hat but drat if he isn't funny in podcast form.

I will also admit that I am a begrudging fan of Opie and Anthony by proxy of listening to my favorite comics make appearances on the show (Louis CK, Patrice, Bill, etc.). They're still complete radio poo poo, but when a good comic is leading a conversation some really funny stuff happens.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?
In their newest episode, one of the hosts of The Podcast Eating Contest accidentally belches on mic. They profusely apologize and wonder what the Something Awful forums will think of it.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

In their newest episode, one of the hosts of The Podcast Eating Contest accidentally belches on mic. They profusely apologize and wonder what the Something Awful forums will think of it.

I laughed pretty hard at that insanely extended apologetic babbling they went off on.

"In no way!"

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.

Creflo Chronicle posted:

I want to like the show, because it's a really interesting concept, but yeah... that guy just comes off as a douche and not really that funny. Little Dum Dum Club, Totally Laime and TV Zombies are probably my favorites. I'm sure it's going to come down to Totally Laime as the winner, unless they screw up majorly.

TCGTE just did a really bad job with their challenges, and didn't represent themselves well. I think F Plus is heading down that road as well. Too bad Lou Reads isn't in the contest, I would have loved Besser's reaction to the "Cum On Foods" forums.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

SKULE123 posted:

Oh, man, I'm not sure how I passed over this yesterday. I love his Cake Boss, and this is a pretty great clip.

~Cake boss~

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

Now that's a step in the right direction for podcasts. Now we just need a personal apology from anyone who has plugged their gigs on their podcast so we can all sleep soundly in our specially reinforced beds at night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

SpacePig posted:

Oh, man, I'm not sure how I passed over this yesterday. I love his Cake Boss, and this is a pretty great clip.

~Cake boss~

Man, if one of you American Hulu folk could lazydub the video playing with just a cellphone videoing your monitor, that'd be great for us Tompkinites outside Hulu range - unless there's an easier way.

• Locked thread