Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Dirty fucken kitty. I love her so much :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stonut
Sep 12, 2003
Cranky Nympho
This is Little Man. He was the best thing about the relationship I was in that just ended in flames...and I can't take him with me. My current landlord doesn't allow pets of any kind. :(

There he is acting all fierce. He is really a big pansy and a pacifist among cats. He once got beat up by a box turtle.

He is only comfortable going outside if I am sitting on the porch. Then he just sits there, content. He is the best snuggle buddy I've ever had.

He loves boxes, especially new boxes. He has carefully packed himself here to avoid any damage. Plenty of tissue paper.

I miss my kitty. He is still with the ex and probably will be for a while. My ex is willing to give him to me, but I can't have him. He is 12 and has been an indoor cat all his life. I hope he has many good years left, and I can take him with me when I move.

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*
I attended a sugar glider thing this weekend (o, lo the dorkiness) called SGGA and somehow this ball of pocket lint ended up in my possession.. crazy....!

6 month old mosaic colored sugar glider. Yes, I'm in the works on adopting a cage mate for him. :3 ANd he needs a name.. oi..

<--- MAGIC FEEETTTZZZZ

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

huskyjackal posted:

I attended a sugar glider thing this weekend (o, lo the dorkiness) called SGGA and somehow this ball of pocket lint ended up in my possession.. crazy....!

6 month old mosaic colored sugar glider. Yes, I'm in the works on adopting a cage mate for him. :3 ANd he needs a name.. oi..

<--- MAGIC FEEETTTZZZZ

Oh god, he's super cute. Whats he like personality wise?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

huskyjackal posted:

<--- MAGIC FEEETTTZZZZ

Aww. In which states are sugar gliders legal? The most exotic pet I've ever had the fortune to see face to face was a kinkajou.
Our cats Wallace and Scott, respectively.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Veruca Salt posted:

She's a little underweight from a strain of Giardia that took four rounds of meds to get rid of, and she's definitely hit the "rear end in a top hat" stage of puppyhood, but I love and adore her like crazy.

I'm pretty sure Giardia was what my dog had last year although i never got a clear answer from the vet.
She got heavy bouts of fever about every two months, the heavy antibiotics would cure the fever but not kill the parasite, and the vet was pretty stumped thinking it was everything else. I was worried I might lose her during all that :(

I've managed to fatten her up over the winter, so now she's a proper big 90 pound bernese instead of a skinny bag of bones.

jemsy
May 27, 2010

DOG EATS APPLE
:3:
My cat was grooming his tummy the other day when he just stopped and stared into nothingness, spacing out. He's so fluffy that he looked like a fat sultan sitting on a big pillow or something. I laughed so hard I cried. Then I snapped a few photos.

Noah :3:

Soulless stare.

In this one I like to think he's looking at me with an exasperated, "Mommmmmmmmmm!" Shortly after, he got up.

(Quality is not that great because I was hurriedly snapping these with my phone, the only camera within reach. I did not want to disturb his trance.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
I've probably posted these cats in here before, but new photos!

Sasha - she turned 20 in May-ish (we're not exactly sure when she was born, sometime in Spring of 1991). Writing that year gives me the heebie jeebies.

Baby turns 19 in a week. Here he is demonstrating a soft restraint that I picked up, despite the fact that neither cat wears one outside and is watched at all times. He does not take good photos.

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*

duck monster posted:

Oh god, he's super cute. Whats he like personality wise?

So far unsure. When I first met him I was at a conference of sorts for sugar glider people and so he was in a new environment after a road trip with his brother. I know the breeder always has amazing babies and I wasn't sure if I wanted him right away until the more experienced people/person selling him let me hold him and his brother in a pouch and the brother just crabbed his head off at me (and caused him to crab too) but alone he jumped up on me and went playing in my hair and was all over me so they decided that I had no choice, he picked me.
Right now he's a bit skittish of my hands unfortunately because on the car ride home after neutering I thought he was licking the site too much and I tried to e-collar him.. so horribly traumatic for both of us and now he is settling here at home. I suspect he may be bored/lonely as the tent I need to play with him in at night isn't here (<3 my boyfriend ordered it--I don't have a gliderproof room) and he is alone until the payment/contract goes through on another mosaic colored glider I want as his cage mate.

He does have a thing for being on my head.. at the vet's office he scurried to the top of my head then on my hat, and at home before he jumps off trying to explore my apartment as I get his food he goes right to my head. Silly thing, I'm sure he'll open up, I can handle with less crabbing now but poor guy just needs more reassurance that my hands aren't there to just grab at him.

e: Kinmik I know California and I think PA and Georgia, or maybe GA just passed a law letting them in.. I honestly forget but perhaps a northern state or two and maybe NYC?

PutinOnTheRitz
Oct 25, 2010
This is Sulu- My 3 month old Siamese mix.

He enjoys generally being a little poo poo, biting my toes at 3 am, climbing the fireplace brick wall to the ceiling and getting stuck, and chasing wasps. The little bugger got stung today so he's lucky we're going to the vet anyways to get his shots done!

My apologies for the blasphemy of only posting one picture. More will surely come!

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
This is Garfunkel, my six month old lazy cat.

I found him out in the snow back in early April. He was so tiny back then.

And this is Sasha:

He's a four month old bundle of crazy. My roommates and I rescued him from a hoarder who had him stuffed in a aquarium with ten other ferrets. He loves to chase Garfunkel around the house :3:

I see that there.
Aug 6, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Hi.

A couple months ago I got me a Cory dog. Yep.

What's a Cory dog you say? Well? This here's a Cory dog.
Some say he's a Plott hound mixed with a Basset. Others say he's just a dang ol' Plott hound. I asked him, he says "What's a Plott hound?"

That doesn't look much like a Corydog, you may say.

Well, check these out and be sure.

I see that there. fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 8, 2011

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
Got a new kitten. Meet Dagny.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

wootmachine posted:

Got a new kitten. Meet Dagny.

/

HAI DAGNY DO U LIKE TO PLAY I LIKE TO PLAY I TRY TO PLAY WITH EVERYONE BUT THEY DONT ALWAYS WANT TO LIKE HORRRRRSES AND GOATS AND COWS THEY NEVER PLAY AND I ALWAYS WANT TO PLAY!!

This is Ulva - she likes to play!

...And eat everything carbon based, and hang out in your face as close as possible. Oh, and water. She really really really likes water.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Today is Fred's first birthday :toot:

Gunna give him some steak!

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Well I got a new camera and, as expected, 99% of its usage so far has been for Catpics. Here are two of Emilio, a.k.a world famous Business Cat:

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
I work at a car dealership and we constantly get young animals that show up inside cars. It is my mission to save each and every one of these animals, because the mechanics will and do kill them outright if someone isn't there to stop them.

A few months ago this little girl showed up:

She only had one eye and was the sweetest little girl. I fed her and brought her to my office and one of the salesmen took her home. She had her empty socket fixed up and she's happy as a clam with the salesman's other cats.

Next, I found this lovely lady inside a cadillac:

She was only a few weeks old and was scared to death. She crawled up in the wheel well of a Cadillac and rode in. It took me 3 hours laying under the car to get her to come to me. I gave her to my mother and she's the greatest.

Yesterday, we found this guy spooking around by the road:

He was pretty thin, and sickly, but he was happy and playful. A girl in the office claimed him and he's off to the vet today to get checked out. I hope he's alright :ohdear:

Finally, this morning, this beautiful little thing walked up to me as I got out of my truck:

She seems really healthy and tame, so I'm afraid she belongs to someone. We're holding on to her and asking around, but I think I got me a new kitty! :3:

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
This is Penelope holding the desk down:

She's a 5-year-old exotic with a big, fat heart of gold. Loves tummy rubs and visitors but is very, very attached to me.

This is a recent rescue, Ruby:

My girlfriend's mother found her on the front porch after a nasty thunderstorm, and I took her in. She's 4 months old, part Siamese, and full of gently caress poo poo up. Loves to play with Penelope and wake me up before the alarm goes off every. loving. DAY. Also: very, very attached to me.

BONUS: Penelope takes bath like a champ, dries like a wuss.

OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006
I choo choo choooose you!
Our animals in their youth:

YakCabinet
Aug 9, 2011
Everyone's pets are adorable! Except for the ones that are kinda scary. (That sopping wet, snub-nosed cat comes to mind.) Here are mine! Be forewarned, it's kind of a long(winded) post.

Mylee, Loki and Mieux. Mylee is the small fluffy thing, Loki is the black and tan mutt, and Mieux is the one with the expansive orange and white stomach.

Mylee is a beauty queen. She is a four year old Pomeranian mix adopted from some jerks. Also, she has one eye. Children often run squealing towards her only to stop dead in their tracks and point while loudly asking WHERE'S HER EYE. I tell varying stories in explanation, most of which involve pirates.

A younger Mylee.

Mylee really, really likes people (or dogs) to throw her toys. She doesn't quite understand the concept. Also pictured is my parent's confused and increasingly neurotic Chihuahua, Jeep.

My partner took this incredibly.. something, photo. She has a cute little muzzle!

I like to kiss her empty socket. Also, I'd like to say I love all my animals the same, but you'd probably suspect it's not true due to the following two pets being featured with less photos. This is how I know all parents are lying about loving their children the same. Everyone has a favourite.

He's some kind of Beagle mutt rescue, estimated at eight. He had severe separation anxiety when I adopted him, but he's all better now! Look how cute he is.

He likes a sun-sleep.

He likes a face-sneak.

Just another normal day for Loki.

Lastly, my gorgeous 12(ish) year old kitty cat, Mieux. He was found as a stray ten years ago and has been ruling my life ever since, my fluffy overlord.

Sometimes life is too much for him.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

As of Sunday I have had Major for exactly one year. We celebrated with an entirely too orange cupcake.

Lizzzk
Jun 7, 2011
Am redoing this post. Bad link.

Lizzzk fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 12, 2011

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
Sir William Catspeare is a distinguished gentleman:

Cleocatra is a sassy lady:

fcbarros
Mar 28, 2011
Both my kittens!!

fcbarros
Mar 28, 2011
A couple for pictures of them playing:

fcbarros
Mar 28, 2011

ashgromnies posted:

Sir William Catspeare is a distinguished gentleman:

Cleocatra is a sassy lady:

Nice names, Sir Catspeare seems really like a noble cat.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Dante likes being in a loaf. Too bad he's gigantic and has to squeeze everything in.

Krispycream
Aug 13, 2011
Tobie, mini Pomeranian just after her haircut.

Entone
Aug 14, 2004

Take that slow people!

My new rescue, Oliver! The camera app accidentally flipped the image's thumbnail. I think its better this way.

Entone fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Aug 14, 2011

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
My aunt's chihuahua, Chico. He's 10, energetic as gently caress, and a little bit crazy. Love him.

Tiny Baby Kittens
Feb 16, 2010

Meet Sookie, our newest addition. Someone brought her and her siblings as strays to a local vet clinic, now she's with us. 75% of the time when she tries to meow, no sound comes out. She starts purring if you so much as poke her and she cries if she can't sleep on one of us when she's tired.

Playing an iPad game made for cats

Stealing a toy from Mew

Mew and Pikachu investigating the strange new addition

Outside adventure! Without her claw caps she's a pro at tree climbing

Chillin' with Pikachu

Three of my four kitties piling up on my lap for cuddles as best they can. Bonus kitten yawn!

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Tiny Baby Kittens posted:

Such a smug kitten. :3:

Here's an annoyed calico

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Megan dog had another stroke so we had to put her to sleep last night. :(

Click here to view the full image

Hydrogen_Otter
May 1, 2003
^^^
Sorry for your loss :(

This is what I got to wake up and find this past Friday :3:

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

dispute2.0
Apr 5, 2009
I have 2 dogs which I both ended up with after a break up with an ex girlfriend. Not that I am complaining as they are both awesome dogs. Both are Pomeranian x's

This is Bella

and this is Columbo

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Tiny Baby Kittens posted:

Meet Sookie

Aw, Sookie's adorable.

I think this would be a good time to share some small pictures of my 3 Cocker Spaniels.

First up is Joe (Cocker)- Age 11, being a grumpy old idiot. I purposefully leave his white "mohawk" on when I cut his hair to he looks all Stripe from Gremlins:

Then is Lucy (Goose)- Age 7, before a haircut with a fan of hair on her nose blocking her frontal vision. She's the sweetheart of the bunch. She's not easy to photograph for some reason. Getting a good shot of her face was difficult:

Lastly we have my little girl Phoebe Liz- Age 5, resting with her legs splayed frog-style after a jog:

Bonus:

Phoebe hurt her leg the other day jumping down from the cat shelf we installed a few weeks ago for our year-old kittens. Because it's not a behavior we can police as often as it occurs nor close the cat door off to the cats, we've decided to install the cat door on a window the dog will not be able to utilize. She's not severely injured or showing signs of pain/inability to walk, but she's 5 and only going to get older, so it's better to relocate the shelf period.

Shortly after we discovered her ability to use the cat door I monitored the phenomenon with photos:

Phoebe thinking she's so clever for being the same size as a cat:

Showing off the "cushion" we use as a stop-gap to let the kittens get to and from the 5-6 foot-high shelf:

Showing off the full size of the jump in our laundry room. As you can see--fine for cats, problematic for aging puppy-sized agility-trained dogs with a bratty streak:

Phoebe in motion. Not caught in frame--her using the cushion shelf to slow her fall. The total time for her to get down from the shelf is ~ 2 seconds. It's a wonder she even went 3 weeks before getting hurt:

Badly lit shot of Phoebe Liz being mighty proud of herself for being "able" to be half a cat.

IllCamino
Oct 9, 2010

You poke 'em on!
My 4 week old kitten Pig and my parent's 5 year old English Sheppard Tilly. Tilly took to corralling Pig right off the bat. I think her maternal instincts may have been kicking in.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
My dog Sushi is utterly fabulous.

He's also bugfuck insane; I discovered today that he was doing backflips off the fence.

Blurry, but you can see all four paws on the fence. I think. He moves too fast for a phone camera to catch. Are videos kosher in this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sasarella
Jul 5, 2004

Wholesome Sassy Sweetness
We have a large family. 3 kids, 2 dogs and now 4 cats. We have lots of room in our home and heart, so why not? All of our animals are rescues and fabulous creatures. For a while, we had only two cats and two dogs. About two weeks ago we adopted a kitten named Max. It was an impulse decision, just like the rest of our animals.

Well, when I took Max in to get his final booster shots the doctor brought Ash into the room. He is about the same age as Max. They know I am a sucker for homeless animals. They said "You can try him out for a few days,". They gave him all of his shots, boosters and rabies vaccination. They also sent us home with flea prevention and worm prevention. They did not charge any fee for adoption. They just asked we bring him back to get fixed next month and love him.

When they found Ash, he was on the side of the road and appeared dead. He couldn't open his eyes and he weighed less than 1 lb. They nursed him back to health and were ready to find him a home the day I came in. Imagine that? ;) Here is his before:

Here is Ash the day we brought him home:

Here are the other animals too. Roxy is the light one, Dapple is the dark one.

This is Max (bottom) & Rand (top). Max is the same age as Ash. They keep each other busy. Rand thinks he is a tiny cat, and despite what the picture says, the cat is freaking huge in a non-fat way.

This is Min. She is so beautiful. She is so shiny and her eyes look like a bumblebee:

Sasarella fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 19, 2011

• Locked thread