Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Pong Fiend posted:

I just want to thank you guys for making me aware of mods and making my game look so amazing!

This picture has a distinct lack of spiky fluorescent hair and physics enabled 34F breasts. You obviously haven't been paying attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nevets posted:

This picture has a distinct lack of spiky fluorescent hair and physics enabled 34F breasts. You obviously haven't been paying attention.

You forgot half a dozen underaged katana wielding companions.

Also, I'm really, really liking Project Reality over Nevada Skies.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You forgot half a dozen underaged katana wielding companions.

Also, I'm really, really liking Project Reality over Nevada Skies.

I started using Project Reality and am crashing less. It looks really washed out but I'm getting used to it and it's growing on me.

I don't know if this is a thing that happened since I installed it mid-game, but every destination on my map was available for fast travel after installing this. Probably happened since it's a mid-game installation. It's cool now that I can fast travel anywhere, though and crash doing it.

vandalism fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 4, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

vandalism posted:

I started using Project Reality and am crashing less. It looks really washed out but I'm getting used to it and it's growing on me.

I don't know if this is a thing that happened since I installed it mid-game, but every destination on my map was available for fast travel after installing this. Probably happened since it's a mid-game installation. It's cool now that I can fast travel anywhere, though and crash doing it.

That's Project Reality doing that. I don't know how I avoided it, but a lot of users are reporting the same problem. The author says he fixed the issue, but if you downloaded the most recent edition (I think it was released yesterday) then I don't know what to tell you.

EDIT: Apparently Cheshire found the problem--

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I've found the map marker issue; in the script F3NVImageSpace, there is a line "ShowAllMapMarkers 1". I'm assuming this was probably something you used for testing and forgot to comment out.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm still testing out whether or not that actually fixes the issue; just changing the script in FNVEdit did NOT, but I figured it might be something I'd have to fix in the GECK since it needs to compile the script.

*edit* commenting it out in the GECK does seem to fix it. If you aren't comfortable using the GECK (or just don't want to go through the hassle of downloading and setting it up), I'd recommend just not using the mod for now and waiting for a fix. If you want the map markers to go back to the way they were, you'll need to load a save you made before you started using the mod.

Someone commented on the file with the probable cause of this bug - the mod author uploaded a fixed version of the file yesterday, and today took a file down - probably meaning to take down the old broken one, but took down the fix by accident.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 4, 2011

Convicted Lovebot
Jan 29, 2011

Pong Fiend posted:

I just want to thank you guys for making me aware of mods and making my game look so amazing!

Which armor is this?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Someone commented on the file with the probable cause of this bug - the mod author uploaded a fixed version of the file yesterday, and today took a file down - probably meaning to take down the old broken one, but took down the fix by accident.

arm9? Oh, that was me :mmmhmm:

Pong Fiend
Jun 24, 2003

Convicted Lovebot posted:

Which armor is this?
This one. http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35130
I don't recall where I grabbed the helm though.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Naky posted:

That's about it for content, folks. From now on it's finishing what we got.

I know this is from a few pages back, but where is that armor from? It looks mega bad rear end.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Roobanguy posted:

I know this is from a few pages back, but where is that armor from? It looks mega bad rear end.

I use Geonox's Restored Riot Armor, light armor variant with the optional dark weathered textures with shades from the sunglasses collection and the facewrap from the reinforced chinese stealth armor when I'm not rolling around with goofy facemasks for screenshots.

That screenshot is also a teaser for my .50BMG pistol... which is now finished and ready for the next WIP. Animating perfectly now and ready to go.

Convicted Lovebot
Jan 29, 2011

Pong Fiend posted:

This one. http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35130
I don't recall where I grabbed the helm though.

Huh, that was what I thought of when I first looked at it. Btw, the helm looks like a vanilla Motorcycle Helmet.

EDIT: Oh my sweet bajeezus, 300 MB for the Geonox Riot Armor. Oh well, it looks drat awesome.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Little update on my hideout since there was some interest a few pages back. Armory is completely finished and bug free. Just one more room and the outside cave entrance to do and then it should be ready for release.

Here are some screenshots from the armory. The empty tables are so you can display whatever poo poo you want that doesn't go on a wall or shelf.

The interior entrance(not completely done, but close)

The armory

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Omnicarus posted:

Little update on my hideout since there was some interest a few pages back. Armory is completely finished and bug free. Just one more room and the outside cave entrance to do and then it should be ready for release.

Out of curiosity, what build are you basing your optional TA esp on? Because 2.5's content completely now, though there are a couple guns up for the axing. I don't know if you want to work closer with us to find out which ones are on the bubble and just leave them out or not.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

fennesz posted:

Alright, I installed WMX and everything is working fine. But I have two texture issues that I cannot fix no matter what I do. Both the Police Pistol and the Trail Carbine (yes, even after I installed the hotfix) have broken textures. Would anyone mind taking a screenshot of correct file name/address of working textures for these weapons in WMX?
This is the file path I've got for the police pistol:
Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Data\textures\WeaponModsExpanded\deadmoney\1handpistol\policepistol

And for the trail carbine:
Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Data\textures\WeaponModsExpanded\2handrifle\trailcarbine

I had the same broken textures problem a while ago, but I can't remember exactly how I fixed it. I think it had something to do with the order of the mods that I activated them in with the package manager, with the Arenovalis retextures being last. I should also probably note that I'm not using that hotfix you mentioned (didn't even know about it till now), just WMX 1.9 and the DLC .esps.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Naky posted:

Out of curiosity, what build are you basing your optional TA esp on? Because 2.5's content completely now, though there are a couple guns up for the axing. I don't know if you want to work closer with us to find out which ones are on the bubble and just leave them out or not.

Honestly I haven't even started on the armory addition yet. I wanted to get the core + DLC supported first then I was going to try to redo the weapon walls from the ground up so that I can do the armory without possibly sending lower end performance to the dogs.

My concern is that the the weapon walls as they're done right now require >=2 hooks that are individual items. So for each weapon you've got at least 3 items plus the walls and anything else in the room. Every light shining on an object effectively doubles the resources it requires to render each object.

I'm hoping to make some slanted shelves that will serve as a better looking and performing weapon display so that I could do the armory without making low end systems take forever to load. And I don't want to place all those goddamn hooks ;)

Edit: Just realized I never answered your question. I was planning on getting in touch with you when I started working on the armory to see where you were going with it.

Omnicarus fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Aug 4, 2011

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm getting more and more crashes during cell transitions/fast travel. I've installed all the mods with FOMM and am using NV4GB. I tried the purge cell buffers mod briefly, during which crashes became far, far worse. I disabled it and it went back to how it was before. Any ideas what the problem is? Here's the modlist:

quote:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
NVR-Strip.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
FactionIDCards.esp
NVR-NPCs.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp
OWB Companion Teleport.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Valence Extra.esp
OWB Valence Mask.esp
NVR-ELECTRO-CTIY_Patch.esp
NVR-Version_10.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Existence2.0.esp
ExtendedNVRadio.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - DM.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH Sharing Fix.esp
ManualReload.esp
No More Annoying CC - ALL.esp
Feng Shui NV.esp
ShilohDS-Color Maps and Icons.esp
LFox Bottle That Water.esp
Western Sky - Darker Nights.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
NVFR-NVR-NVTC-Version_2.esp
LowPopulatedFreeside.esp

Total active plugins: 39
Total plugins: 50

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Is the Highways and Byways addon for Electro-City still a buggy pile of poo poo? I know that used to cause problems, but now its an ESM so I'm not sure. I'd maybe test that out and see if removing it helps stability.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Okay, I really want to get back into this game and actually finish the story instead of dicking around. The problem is every time I start to think about loading up mods I just get overwhelmed with the amount of choices.

Can anyone recommend sort of a core group of mods that will get the game up to speed? I'm particularly interested in if there's an accepted combat overhaul. I generally don't like these things because they seem to focus on realism or difficulty too much.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I don't think this is what is causing a ton of crashes but you have both OWB Valence Extra.esp and OWB Valence Mask.esp in that load order and only one is necessary. I use the extra one since it lets you use helmets and masks plus shows your hair.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Celestatiune posted:

Okay, I really want to get back into this game and actually finish the story instead of dicking around. The problem is every time I start to think about loading up mods I just get overwhelmed with the amount of choices.

Can anyone recommend sort of a core group of mods that will get the game up to speed? I'm particularly interested in if there's an accepted combat overhaul. I generally don't like these things because they seem to focus on realism or difficulty too much.

Project Nevada makes the combat significantly better and improves the game drastically. Definitely get that.

Besides PN, I'd suggest Arenovalis's Weapon Retexture pack, one of the weather mods(Nevada Skies is my personal favorite, but there have been several people recently who really like Project Realism). That's pretty much all that I can think of that I'd consider to be core mods.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Naky posted:

I use Geonox's Restored Riot Armor, light armor variant with the optional dark weathered textures with shades from the sunglasses collection and the facewrap from the reinforced chinese stealth armor when I'm not rolling around with goofy facemasks for screenshots.

That screenshot is also a teaser for my .50BMG pistol... which is now finished and ready for the next WIP. Animating perfectly now and ready to go.

Thanks! I was looking for something to replace my armor that wasn't bulky yet looked believable.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm getting more and more crashes during cell transitions/fast travel. I've installed all the mods with FOMM and am using NV4GB. I tried the purge cell buffers mod briefly, during which crashes became far, far worse. I disabled it and it went back to how it was before. Any ideas what the problem is? Here's the modlist:

potaties posted:

Is the Highways and Byways addon for Electro-City still a buggy pile of poo poo? I know that used to cause problems, but now its an ESM so I'm not sure. I'd maybe test that out and see if removing it helps stability.

Probably. Most people seemed to stop using it once they realized how troublesome it was. Counterfeitsaint, you might want to deactivate Highways and Byways and see if your CTD frequency drops. If it doesn't, deactivate Western Skies and see if that does the trick. Weather mods are often the culprit.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Thanks guys I'll give those a try.

Edit: It seems to be working a lot better without the Electrocity highways thing.

counterfeitsaint fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Aug 4, 2011

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
My main gripe with Genox's armor is that there's no female mesh, because it'd fit PERFECTLY with one of my gal characters. My rough-and-tumble John Wayne dude wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole, though :colbert: ARMOR'S FER PUSSEHS. I did a run with him using only cowboy perk-affected weapons and the Duster and it was pretty kickass.

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.
The FNV4GB .exe is automatically compatible with NVSE, right? You only need to direct FOMM to use it as per the OP, and then click Launch: Fallout NV on the right side of the application? (Or do you always need to select File / Launch Game / Launch NVSE?)

Also, does it disable achievements?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

My main gripe with Genox's armor is that there's no female mesh, because it'd fit PERFECTLY with one of my gal characters. My rough-and-tumble John Wayne dude wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole, though :colbert: ARMOR'S FER PUSSEHS. I did a run with him using only cowboy perk-affected weapons and the Duster and it was pretty kickass.

The fact that it doesn't have a female specific mesh is why I prefer it for my female character. It's a post apocalyptic wasteland where food isn't exactly that plentiful - while I use type 3 (non-nude), I use it only because it's an actually better mesh and texture but I want my armors to have a purpose in most cases. If it does have a female specific armor, I don't want it to be a curve hugging voluptuous body suit.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Naky posted:

The fact that it doesn't have a female specific mesh is why I prefer it for my female character. It's a post apocalyptic wasteland where food isn't exactly that plentiful - while I use type 3 (non-nude), I use it only because it's an actually better mesh and texture but I want my armors to have a purpose in most cases. If it does have a female specific armor, I don't want it to be a curve hugging voluptuous body suit.

Exception to this rule is using the Starcraft Ghost armor mod. Best loving mod ever for stealth based characters, and it isn't even a godmode overpowered buggy piece of poo poo. The optional headgear that gives you +25 stealth field on sneak might be *slightly* op at lower levels though.

Also, Type3 is the best body type. The only complaint I have about it is that the base "underwear" looks off. Really off.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

potaties posted:

Making a mod into an ESM doesn't magically stop crashes and prevent conflicts. If anything, it makes managing conflicts worse because you can't put them after ESPs that might be affecting the same thing but logically should be first.

Naky posted:

Won't that basically give you the male body armour with a female head attached to it, though? It's one thing not to have form-fitting spandex armour, but metal or even leather armour wouldn't really fit given the difference in the base meshes' frames.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Jan posted:

Won't that basically give you the male body armour with a female head attached to it, though? It's one thing not to have form-fitting spandex armour, but metal or even leather armour wouldn't really fit given the difference in the base meshes' frames.

Yes, that's what not specifying gender-specific meshes does. You either get an invisible body, or the opposite gender's body.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Can someone point me towards the mod I've seen in a few screenshots here that make the faces look less like melted earwax candles?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Getting a weird issue with the Silver Rush. Going to do Cass' peaceful solution to dealing with the Van Graff and Crimson Caravan, but whenever I enter the Silver Rush, the script where Jean kills some guy never plays. But until that script plays, if you try walking pass the guards, even with a stealth boy, everyone turns hostile.

Okay the game fixed itself once I got to a part of the shop where they lost notice of my presence, and they proceeded to shoot that poor guy.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 4, 2011

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Omnicarus posted:

Here are some screenshots from the armory. The empty tables are so you can display whatever poo poo you want that doesn't go on a wall or shelf.

The interior entrance(not completely done, but close)

This looks awesome and I am pumped to use it.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Schubalts posted:

Yes, that's what not specifying gender-specific meshes does. You either get an invisible body, or the opposite gender's body.

That's what I want since gamebyro games are impossible to generate male faces without Downs syndrome.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Naky posted:

That's what I want since gamebyro games are impossible to generate male faces without Downs syndrome.

And it's actually easier to make a female face that looks like she has a beard than not. :v: I see where you're coming from.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Horns posted:

This is the file path I've got for the police pistol:
Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Data\textures\WeaponModsExpanded\deadmoney\1handpistol\policepistol

And for the trail carbine:
Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Data\textures\WeaponModsExpanded\2handrifle\trailcarbine

I had the same broken textures problem a while ago, but I can't remember exactly how I fixed it. I think it had something to do with the order of the mods that I activated them in with the package manager, with the Arenovalis retextures being last. I should also probably note that I'm not using that hotfix you mentioned (didn't even know about it till now), just WMX 1.9 and the DLC .esps.

Thank you. As it turns out I did have everything correct but I must have accidentally clicked "no" when prompted to replace the WMX - Arenovalis Textures.esp the first time I installed. At least I think that did it, moving my load order around a little bit might have done it too.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Ok, I got a major problem. I got a whole lot of mods working together perfectly, no crashes or slowdown or anything, and played for a few days. Then today I bought Dead Money through the Steam store, and after it downloaded and installed, my game crashes on startup after the first slide.

I used FOMM to move Dead Money to second in my load order, then I ran FNV Edit. It seemed to find some conflicts with Dead Money. Here's my load order:

FalloutNV.esm
Dead Money.esm
More Perks.esm
New Vegas Redesigned.esm
Survivalist Bunker.esm
The Armory.esm
ProjectNevada-Core.esm
ProjectNevada-Equipment.esm
Tribal Pack.esm
Tales from the Burning Sands.esm
DarnifiedUINV.esp
Purge Cell Buffers.esp
Lore Version.esp
More Perks Update.esp
Better Game Performance.esp
CASM.esp
No More Anooying CC - All.esp
Energy Weapon Fix.esp
JRouge Ranger Coats4Loot.esp
Eyepatch.esp
Sunglasses Shipment.esp
Simple Streetlights.esp
Colossus T49.esp
Alternate Armor System.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Nevada Skies.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp

Do I have to install Dead Money before doing all the modding? Cause that would suck!

Luckily I kept a backup from before I tried to install Dead Money, so at least I still have the stable modded game. But yeah, it would be nice to play Dead Money too.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 4, 2011

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Double check that you have the correct DLC versions of your mods. I know alot of mods have different flavors based on what DLC you've bought, and you may be getting a conflict using a vanilla mod while you have the DLC installed.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Nevets posted:

Double check that you have the correct DLC versions of your mods. I know alot of mods have different flavors based on what DLC you've bought, and you may be getting a conflict using a vanilla mod while you have the DLC installed.

Maybe you're right - I think Project Nevada and The Armory might have installation options relating to the DLC. To reinstall, do I just have up deavtivate the FOMOD and then reactivate it? Or is it a lot more complicated?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Disco De Soto posted:

Maybe you're right - I think Project Nevada and The Armory might have installation options relating to the DLC. To reinstall, do I just have up deavtivate the FOMOD and then reactivate it? Or is it a lot more complicated?

Reinstalling a FOMOD is as easy as deactivating it and reactivating it.

Couple of things:

Only run Nevada Skies or Nevada Skies - URWLified. Don't run both at the same time. Also, you might want to create a merged patch for that load order, and uncheck PurgeCellBuffers.esp if the CTDs don't stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Nycticeius posted:

The FNV4GB .exe is automatically compatible with NVSE, right? You only need to direct FOMM to use it as per the OP, and then click Launch: Fallout NV on the right side of the application? (Or do you always need to select File / Launch Game / Launch NVSE?)

Also, does it disable achievements?

Yes, it's NVSE compatible.
However, make sure you use Launch: Custom Fallout:NV instead of NVSE.

It does not disable achievements.

---

I could use some help making a small mod since I took a look through the scripts and it seems beyond me.

Considering the sheer amount of Mentats everywhere in OWB, I wanted to make it so the Stealth Suit auto-injects Mentats instead of Med-X. Coupled with a visual chems mod it would be fun for my Hunter S. Thompson run-through.
Any ideas?