Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

SKULE123 posted:

Man, if one of you American Hulu folk could lazydub the video playing with just a cellphone videoing your monitor, that'd be great for us Tompkinites outside Hulu range - unless there's an easier way.

There's something out there called "HotSpot Shield" that supposedly masks things like that for you, but I'm not sure how it works or whether it's trustworthy. Maybe you could look into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Here's a Red Bar Radio clip I happen to love in which the host has received a guitar in the mail from a listener and proceeds to dissect guitar comedy.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Here's a Red Bar Radio clip I happen to love in which the host has received a guitar in the mail from a listener and proceeds to dissect guitar comedy.

Since you're like the one other RBR listener on the forum, what episodes are worth listening to since the Marathon show? I got hung up trying to listen to all of it and now I'm like 15 behind :v:

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

The complete Guide To Everything is doing a live show in NYC tomorrow.

http://thepit-nyc.com/daily.html?y=2011&m=08&d=04

Fake Green Dress
Jan 31, 2007
Actually Happening is finally back with Episode 6: Rupert Murdoch's Page Six Penance. This one's definitely earned the explicit tag on iTunes.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW
Hey thread try to keep calm about this awesome news. It's finally here.

Thank you based god.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
The complete guide to everything is my new favorite podcast.

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Now that's a step in the right direction for podcasts. Now we just need a personal apology from anyone who has plugged their gigs on their podcast so we can all sleep soundly in our specially reinforced beds at night

I think they should be allowed to plug their gigs on podcasts. Its how they make money dude! Whats wrong with it once in a while?

vvv Exactly.

Evil Agita fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 3, 2011

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW
The only reason comedians do podcast is to get people to their shows. You think they are giving you a free 1-2 hours of their time to be altruistic?

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
You dipshits.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

WoG posted:

You dipshits.

Thank you for saying what many of us were thinking.

Content: The BBC's friday night comedy podcast is of highly variable quality as most of it is topical satire (which we've long since forgotten how to do in the UK), but this week's sees the return of "Chain Reaction", a show in which celebrities interview each other. This week has two comedians I really like, Rhys Thomas and Simon Day. They take them down each week and replace them with the latest show and don't offer a back catalogue, so if you're interested in stuff like The Fast Show and some stories about the early/mid 90s comedy boom that gave us Vic and Bob and the like, have a listen. Next week is apparently Simon Day interviewing New Order bassist Peter Hook.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

For the record, here was the offending post in it's entirety:

Evil Agita posted:

Doug's gig plugs at the front of his podcast are getting longer and more annoying.

How dare I!

You guys honestly don't find 2 idiots arguing with each other over the internet entertaining? Probably not. I'll stop. :)

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The H. Jon Benjamin story on Girl on Guy was probably the best thing I have ever heard.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Put on your glasses, man!

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Lou, I like you and all and I enjoy your show, but for the love of god, please just:

1. ignore everyone whenever Tig is mentioned
2. learn how to spell the name Notaro

Thank you goodbye

SansWetware
Oct 16, 2008

GoutPatrol posted:

The H. Jon Benjamin story on Girl on Guy was probably the best thing I have ever heard.

It is the podcast story that all other podcast guests must try to top from here on out.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

ALFbrot posted:

Lou, I like you and all and I enjoy your show, but for the love of god, please just:

1. ignore everyone whenever Tig is mentioned
2. learn how to spell the name Notaro

Thank you goodbye

Sorry. I know I rise to the bait.

Am I spelling it Nutaro? Naruto? At least that diss is unintentional.

Over and out.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Bought Tig's album and it is awesome. Laughed way harder than I should have at her Chaz Bono joke.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Teepkick Shakur posted:

Hey thread try to keep calm about this awesome news. It's finally here.

Thank you based god.

She look so 70's

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Scott Aukerman was pretty great on Who Charted, especially near the end where Howard took a call.
Also, Earwolf Challenge: So glad that Ham Radio got the cut this week. I don't have any particular love for The Fort but the F Plus deserves some more time on the show in my opinion. I was afraid Besser's sketch bias would keep Ham Radio around longer, especially with Paul Scheer and the Superego guy judging.
Not sure if I should be spoilering that stuff, better safe than sorry I guess.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?
I, for one, really like The F Plus, but I haven't really checked out The Earwolf Challenge.

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002
This thread is great for discovering some new stuff, so thought I'd plug mine...

It seems far too easy to get a radio show in London, so me and a non-goon pal thought we'd chance our arms and have a go. It's mostly general chat, with a Show and Tell section and reviews and suchlike. The podcast is available on iTunes and also at our site on peteandbarry.co.uk if you fancy a listen?

FutureBoy
Jan 18, 2003

"Listen, no offense, but if I'm getting taken down, man, it ain't gonna be from fuckin' Speedball!"

MichaelFlatley posted:

This thread is great for discovering some new stuff, so thought I'd plug mine...

It seems far too easy to get a radio show in London, so me and a non-goon pal thought we'd chance our arms and have a go. It's mostly general chat, with a Show and Tell section and reviews and suchlike. The podcast is available on iTunes and also at our site on peteandbarry.co.uk if you fancy a listen?

Maybe I will!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Oh poo poo.

This is going to be a loving trainwreck. I'm guessing it'll take one hour or less for Marc to leave the studio.

Btw, not to start up Notarowar again, but I feel obligated to mention that her new album is on Spotify here.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Why would he leave? I don't listen to Red Bar. Do they have a beef or something?

Speaking of beefs Dane Cook is on Louie tonight.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Evil Agita posted:

Why would he leave? I don't listen to Red Bar. Do they have a beef or something?

Speaking of beefs Dane Cook is on Louie tonight.

Mike David is the angriest, craziest man to ever host a podcast. Marc Maron is prone to beefs. Mike's definitely made fun of his podcast before in the past. I can't imagine this ending well; their personalities are just going to clash so badly.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Scott Tabletop is goddamned hilarious on Who Charted this week.

It's unfair that we've had two episodes with Brody Stevens and only one with Paul F Tompkins. Twice the Brody is two times too much. I wonder when Tig Notaro will guest?

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Anal Volcano posted:

not to start up Notarowar again, but I feel obligated to mention that her new album is on Spotify here.

Is there a Spotify invite request thread?

Also this last MBMBaM was pretty funny. The concept of all the ghosts of the trillion people who have died being stuck around us all the time was great. I could have listened to a lot more of them going down that path.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
I've been listening to the Titus Podcast for the past month or so, but after weeks of the same crap I just can't stick with it. I like Titus; I've bought his albums, watched his specials, religiously watched his Fox show... but I think it's just too much. Also, notafan of Bombshell Rae.

In happier news, the Loveline After Disaster keeps getting better and better.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum
Boy, Scott Aukerman likes pretty terrible music. I don't know if this is surprising, or if it makes perfect sense. Maybe both.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Goddammit Jonathan, no sorry, you don't understand karma better than a bunch of Hindus

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
This is old news, but Redban debating Stitcher with Bill Burr during Bill's most recent appearance on the Joe Rogan podcast (this was a while ago) was the most infuriating thing I've ever heard.

"But.. RSS feeds.." :negative:

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 4, 2011

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008

substitute posted:

Boy, Scott Aukerman likes pretty terrible music. I don't know if this is surprising, or if it makes perfect sense. Maybe both.

Some people like dance-pop.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

King Lou posted:

Sent you a PM :)

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Anal Volcano posted:

Sent you a PM :)

Got it.

Amazingly Lou Reads is on Spotify, too. Who knew! I wonder if I will get any stats regarding those listens... weird.

rasactive
Dec 25, 2007
o hai
So I don't know if this is obnoxious bragging, but I'm going to see Greg Proops do Smartest Man in the World tonight in SF. I think it's going to be awesome, with the new debt ceiling deal plus he's always talking about loving SF as his hometown.

Anybody else going?

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em

King Lou posted:

Also this last MBMBaM was pretty funny. The concept of all the ghosts of the trillion people who have died being stuck around us all the time was great. I could have listened to a lot more of them going down that path.
I made a really bad one in a public bathroom and emerged with a creepy retarded grin after the "killin' ghosts" line.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

rasactive posted:

So I don't know if this is obnoxious bragging, but I'm going to see Greg Proops do Smartest Man in the World tonight in SF. I think it's going to be awesome, with the new debt ceiling deal plus he's always talking about loving SF as his hometown.

Anybody else going?

I'm not going to the SF show but I will be going to his next show at Bar Lubitsch and every other show at Bar Lubitsch after that. TSM has been my favorite podcast since episode one. Greg Proops alpha hipsterism is the funniest poo poo ever.

Anyway, let me tell you about Satchel Page...

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
Sometimes I jealous whenever I listen to a live comedy podcast that I live in the midwest (Iowa, yay) where nobody ever ever goes. The Proopcast has been one of my favorites (especially now that it comes out more than once every month) and I really wish I could see him live simply b/c of the great energy he seems to have with the audience.

The podcast fantastic and he is much much cooler than what he seems on *ahem* That One Show everyone knows him for. Extremely affectacious and effeminate, but awesome nonetheless. Also, 'kittens' is the best expletive ever.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum

Cast Iron Brick posted:

Some people like dance-pop.

And some of those people also like Backstreet Boys. One of those people would be Scott Aukerman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

substitute posted:

I think part of Scott's shtick is liking unpopular unfunny things - plane breaks, banal catchphrase discussion, super long intro themes, plugs, Tig Notaro, etc.

He also despises things that are actually entertaining, like he does with Jukebox Jury and Jack the Lumberyard owner.

• Locked thread