Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Elena Myers is faster than you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Phat_Albert posted:

Whats the over under on this being the new BOJ account?

For real though, I'm inclined to agree that the GT750 was the better bike and motor.

Goddamnit don't ruin it :mad:

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
What did BoJ do to get banned in the first place? I don't really see any of his attempted comback accounts doing anything other than decent posting. Maybe just let him back? Did his taste for wheelies offend someone?

xd
Sep 28, 2001

glorifying my tragic destiny..

n8r posted:

What did BoJ do to get banned in the first place? I don't really see any of his attempted comback accounts doing anything other than decent posting. Maybe just let him back? Did his taste for wheelies offend someone?

I thought BoJ and JtS were different people. *confused*

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

xd posted:

I thought BoJ and JtS were different people. *confused*

They were, BoJ was just an rear end in a top hat who's self-perceived intellect didn't make up for the fact.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

n8r posted:

He talked a bunch of poo poo in some stupid drag racing thread. He was wrong there, but didn't want to let it go and eventually sigtrap warned him a bunch of times, banned him once, and then finally permabanned him when he wouldn't shut up.

I think it's :3: as gently caress the way he comes back to give good advice here though.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
Is it wrong that I enjoyed posts by both JtS and BoJ and never really understood the hate?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

GanjamonII posted:

Is it wrong that I enjoyed posts by both JtS and BoJ and never really understood the hate?

I'm really sad that JtS never came back. He was loving hilarious.

So's BoJ, for that matter.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

BOJ has such a single track posting style that its easy to out him the instant he starts posting again.

Perhaps he should deviate from that style

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

BOJ has such a single track posting style that its easy to out him the instant he starts posting again.

Perhaps he should deviate from that style

I think he's too old and crotchety to do that. He'd rather just post when he posts and pay the :10bux: than change how he talks. :v:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Z3n posted:

He talked a bunch of poo poo in some stupid drag racing thread. He was wrong there, but didn't want to let it go and eventually sigtrap warned him a bunch of times, banned him once, and then finally permabanned him when he wouldn't shut up.

I think it's :3: as gently caress the way he comes back to give good advice here though.

To his discredit, he was really wrong on that. He had never really read anything about drag racing and responded to actual facts discussed by people with actual interest in and knowledge of drag racing with his signature rear end in a top hat know-it-all-ness. "200 mph?! I don't think so..." Also he hasn't lurked enough to know that permaban means permaban. He knows a lot about a few things, like many many other posters do. No big loss in my opinion.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

He's the crazy grandfather of CA.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ola posted:

To his discredit, he was really wrong on that. He had never really read anything about drag racing and responded to actual facts discussed by people with actual interest in and knowledge of drag racing with his signature rear end in a top hat know-it-all-ness. "200 mph?! I don't think so..." Also he hasn't lurked enough to know that permaban means permaban. He knows a lot about a few things, like many many other posters do. No big loss in my opinion.

Where's your viking solidarity?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

echomadman posted:

Where's your viking solidarity?

Globalization took it.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
Went to the store and took a quick video test using the chest mount on a go pro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M23xsd6BYoQ

I Wish the camera was more forward but I'm paranoid about mounting it on the actual bike, I just keep imagining the glue coming off and it falling off while riding. I tried the helmet mount but I can't put my faceshield up then. Also you can't really read it but the stickers say "Object in mirror are losing."

Oglogoth fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 5, 2011

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
Edit: Double Post

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Getting ready to sell my bike soon so I snapped a few farewell pictures.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

As the HFL article mentions...why can't any of the bike/gear commercials this good.

http://vimeo.com/26653412

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Took a couple pictures when I decided to check out a dirt road last weekend, finally got around to processing them now.

I managed to stop along a nice spot in the river.

I don't know what I'd do without all these random roads in Connecticut.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's times I wish I didn't live in an urban center, and this is one of them.

But then I kind of realize I really, really like living where I am, so I can deal with going way the gently caress out to find anything interesting.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

NitroSpazzz posted:

As the HFL article mentions...why can't any of the bike/gear commercials this good.

Those panned shots are great!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That dude shot with some serious equipment. You know when you shot with a Canon 1D MKIV and its the cheapest thing there, there's some heavy stuff involved.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

Phat_Albert posted:

That dude shot with some serious equipment. You know when you shot with a Canon 1D MKIV and its the cheapest thing there, there's some heavy stuff involved.
Yeah, guy is using a loving Cineflex for some of those shots. You know, the cameras that BBC used to shoot Planet Earth.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

-Inu- posted:

Yeah, guy is using a loving Cineflex for some of those shots. You know, the cameras that BBC used to shoot Planet Earth.

The dude is a 3D artist for Pixar. Not sure if you noticed the Ferrari in the garage in the opening as well. Someone has cash.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

Revenant.Eagle posted:

The dude is a 3D artist for Pixar. Not sure if you noticed the Ferrari in the garage in the opening as well. Someone has cash.
Oh, no I didn't notice the Ferrari. Not surprised that he does something like that though.

content (may have posted this before?)

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

Demonlord posted:

Went to the store and took a quick video test using the chest mount on a go pro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M23xsd6BYoQ

I Wish the camera was more forward but I'm paranoid about mounting it on the actual bike, I just keep imagining the glue coming off and it falling off while riding. I tried the helmet mount but I can't put my faceshield up then. Also you can't really read it but the stickers say "Object in mirror are losing."

I was trying to figure out what was wrong and it wasn't until you were almost home that I realized it was the fisheye effect that was bugging me. It made it look like you were sitting on a scooter. The video is cool though, clear and steady.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

NitroSpazzz posted:

I risk coming across as an internet film critic but isn't it a little boring? The photography is certainly wonderful, better than many bike/gear ads for sure. But the content is basically a sensible guy riding. No angles or editing that tries to capture why sensible riding is brilliant. Content-wise you could probably do better with a GoPro and a something handheld capable of 720p and a variation of focal lengths. But I guess hanging camera equipment worth several 1198s on an 1198 isn't very clever.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Ola posted:

I risk coming across as an internet film critic but isn't it a little boring? The photography is certainly wonderful, better than many bike/gear ads for sure. But the content is basically a sensible guy riding. No angles or editing that tries to capture why sensible riding is brilliant. Content-wise you could probably do better with a GoPro and a something handheld capable of 720p and a variation of focal lengths. But I guess hanging camera equipment worth several 1198s on an 1198 isn't very clever.

The riding is not very exciting, but I don't think the typical vehicle mounted exciting shots like low mounted front wheel focus'd cameras and chest mounted go-pro's work too well when the rider isn't doing anything worth getting the heart racing for. Seemed to me the focus was on the surrounding environment and less the rider due to the wide angles.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I agree with Ola, but I think it's more that the roads featured were pretty boring compared to our superior European hand-twisted organic highways.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

Must be rough for a Ducati rider to live that far from Starbucks.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 5, 2011

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

NitroSpazzz posted:

You know what I would like to escape from? From having the experiences of my life turned into a trendy video and then shown back to me.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

NitroSpazzz posted:

He forgot to close his garage door. :ohdear:

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Hey guys here is a cool video of some guy with tattoos and Brylcreem in his hair, he builds choppers from scratch. He's got a flannel shirt on and dirty hands, cool look at this zoom shot of his rough dirty hands. He built this by the old fashioned way, look at this black and white shot of his workshop. Check out this ugly rear end tank he made by hand, isn't it awesome. Now he's gonna stare at the camera with a quiet knowing look, then he's gonna talk about how things are not quality anymore. He built his own bike and sometimes he can ride for miles before something breaks. He's genuine, look at his tattoos, I bet they all tell a story. Do you guys hate bikes with suspensions? Me too, it's not because geometry is hard, I just like riding bikes with no suspension. Ok well cool cya, I'm busy being genuine for this other guy who has a DSLR he would like to make a movie of me with. SPARKS FROM A GRINDING WHEEL FLY IN SLOW MOTION.

THE END.

Imagine that was a video.

HNasty fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 5, 2011

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Mcqueen posted:

He forgot to close his garage door. :ohdear:

I have a sharp feeling that I've done this nearly every time I go riding, sometimes I'll even double back to check. Early-onset senility, or side effect from excessive pot smoking? What was I talking about?

Oh yeah, this reminds me, a guy on a local board is doing a H1 build. As of now it's still not rolling, but he was hoping to get it running by the end of the season and pretty by next year. Some little shots:

Doner frame:

Stripped:

Coming along:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

HNasty posted:

Hey guys here is a cool video of some guy with tattoos and Brylcreem in his hair, he builds choppers from scratch. He's got a flannel shirt on and dirty hands, cool look at this zoom shot of his rough dirty hands. He built this by the old fashioned way, look at this black and white shot of his workshop. Check out this ugly rear end tank he made by hand, isn't it awesome. Now he's gonna stare at the camera with a quiet knowing look, then he's gonna talk about how things are not quality anymore. He built his own bike and sometimes he can ride for miles before something breaks. He's genuine, look at his tattoos, I bet they all tell a story. Do you guys hate bikes with suspensions? Me too, it's not because geometry is hard, I just like riding bikes with no suspension. Ok well cool cya, I'm busy being genuine for this other guy who has a DSLR he would like to make a movie of me with. SPARKS FROM A GRINDING WHEEL FLY IN SLOW MOTION.

THE END.

Add in *pulls focus from different objects in scene repeatedly* and you have DSLR_VIDEO.txt right there.

I really cant wait till the whole HOLY poo poo DSLR VIDEO fad dies down and people can go back to keeping things in focus.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

HNasty posted:

THE END.

Nasty, the Harbortown Bobber crew is here to see you about a sequel...

http://www.harbortownbobber.com/

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

HNasty posted:

THE END.

A fancy indie movie guy with high speed cameras has been taking a bunch of videos of our shop messing with our cb350 race bike, you're gonna love the movie he makes of it. I think we probably did some grinding somewhere in there.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

No one can hate hi-speed video, it's so sciency :colbert:. It's the emo focus pulling and emotional story from nowhere that people don't like

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

http://vimeo.com/24324281

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

eggyolk posted:

http://vimeo.com/24324281

See, I think that ones actually cool. Despite the focus all over the drat place :argh:, they actually talk about the bikes and how they're made, rather than just saying they're made with emotion and then looking stonefaced at the camera for 10 seconds.