Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Slave posted:

I am stunned that Karin seems to have accepted reality for what it is; I was convinced she was going to take Inos place in the Ino-Sakura Sasuke Stalker Rivals Society.

And this is why Karin is the best kunoichi :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

So, this continuous Deus Ex Madara is getting pretty annoying.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Pyrotoad posted:

The faintest praise.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Pyrotoad posted:

Temari :colbert: The only female other than Kage's to be shown to actually know how to be a ninja.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
Babysitting Gaara is not a valid way of Ninja.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Next three episodes and airdates:

218 "The Five Great Nations Mobilize"
June 30, 2011

219 "The Hokage Kakashi Hatake"
July 7, 2011

220 "The Great Toad's Prediction"
July 21, 2011

Dub episodes and airdates:

84 "Kakuzu's Abilities"
June 25, 2011

85 "The Terrifying Secret"
July 2, 2011

86 "Shikamaru's Genius"
July 9, 2011

87 "When You Curse Someone, You Dig Your Own Grave"
July 16, 2011

88 "Wind Style: Rasen Shuriken!"
July 23, 2011

This means the dub is almost at the Three Tails arc! Hooray! :suicide:

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Pyrotoad posted:

This means the dub is almost at the Three Tails arc! Hooray! :suicide:
Man, no matter how much I complain about the stretching of content in the past few episodes, there's no comparison to the slow pacing during the Three Tails arc. I watched that whole thing in a few marathon sessions, and even that felt like it took forever. I can't imagine how it would have been to watch it each week. The conclusion wasn't even that satisfying and the whole crystal jutsu poo poo was lame.

I much preferred the previous filler arc about the elemental ninja right after the canon story introduced the rules of elements to Naruto (it seemed like the writers wanted to explore and flesh out that idea). That blossomed to a full-on assault of the Leaf Village and a freakin' zombie attack!

The bubble jinchuriki arc was okay too because it was much shorter and to the point. Even the Konoha tales arc was fine because they were disposable short stories and some of them were pretty funny (and they used the old music!).

No excuse for the Three Tails, though. Throw that in the garbage.

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
As usual episode 218 followed the pattern and was 10% canon 90% padding. And it looks like the next one will probably be that way too.

At least they're trying with stuff actually happening that's relevant to the story and not "Naruto and Kakashi chase after Dederia for the 6th episode in a row using the same 10 or so frames of animation" or "a series of slow pans on Saskue after he reveals himself that lasts for 5 minutes".

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Next week's content looks absolutely hilarious and in this specific case, I fully support it.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
See, this is what filler should be like.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

This was an amazing episode. The animation quality was great, and it was completely ridiculous. It helps when Kakashi and Guy are the subject matter.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

I would have rather had 15 episodes of this straight and have the canon at a good pace than all the stretching they did the last few episodes.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
For those who have seen 219 regardomg Kakashi/Gai rivalary. Isn't Kakashi known to be plagued for his low chakra/stamina. Gai just seems to be the naturally more athletic one. Gai should be the faster runner :colbert: .

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

In the latest episode, when they flashed back to the fight with Pain and Hinata, I actually felt some excitement.

Then it went back to the regularly scheduled show.

WHEN WILL THIS SHOW PICK UP THE PACE AGAIN?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kneel Before Zog posted:

For those who have seen 219 regardomg Kakashi/Gai rivalary. Isn't Kakashi known to be plagued for his low chakra/stamina. Gai just seems to be the naturally more athletic one. Gai should be the faster runner :colbert: .

I think Kakashi has average if not above-average chakra it's just that he's always using techniques that use ridiculous amounts of it, and even overusing them.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Looks like we'll be dealt a slight stretch of filler coming up, though I can't say if it'll have canon material mixed in or not.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Juding by the episode titles, it's a filler arc about their adventures at sea. I'm hoping they won't mix in any main story so that I can skip it completely.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!
Welp, I officially hate Sakura. Seriously, she actually has to debate whether she'd first provide medical attention to Naruto or Sasuke on the battlefield?!

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Francis Baconator posted:

Welp, I officially hate Sakura. Seriously, she actually has to debate whether she'd first provide medical attention to Naruto or Sasuke on the battlefield?!

Hmmm if both seriously injured and under my care at the same time, do I save my best friend and hero who saved our people and holder of our tailed beast or the guy who is actively trying to kill us all and just tried to kill me? What a bizarrely specific and not-foreshadowing-at-all dilemma for our heroine to ponder!

I really want to know what was in that last coffin. My brother suggested it might be the sage of the six paths or his sharingan son because what else could make Madara react like that

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Slave posted:

Hmmm if both seriously injured and under my care at the same time, do I save my best friend and hero who saved our people and holder of our tailed beast or the guy who is actively trying to kill us all and just tried to kill me? What a bizarrely specific and not-foreshadowing-at-all dilemma for our heroine to ponder!

I really want to know what was in that last coffin. My brother suggested it might be the sage of the six paths or his sharingan son because what else could make Madara react like that

It's filler.

Technically proper triage would be to heal the guy who doesn't have a regeneration factor due to being a demon container.

But mostly it's just anime made up filler, so It's not really foreshadowing anything

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

Oh ok good because that would have been terrible storyline to go down.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Slave posted:

I think it's Hashirama Senju, the first hokage. Just guessing.

Edit: Disregard the above. This happened a long time ago in a different arc. My mistake. You're probably right, Slave.

Francis Baconator fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 29, 2011

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

Slave posted:

Why would Madara think Kabuto is a mad man for resurrecting The Sage? At this point the sage is just another guy with a rinnegan, so what if he was the first?

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

uG posted:

Why would Madara think Kabuto is a mad man for resurrecting The Sage? At this point the sage is just another guy with a rinnegan, so what if he was the first?

The Sage was definitely a hell of a lot more powerful. Pain's chibaku tensei was a pretty big chunk of rock but the Sage made one this size of the moon (I'm gonna go ahead and assume he did make the moon). He was also strong enough to be the jinchuuriki for the juubi and that's what Madara so desperately wants to resurrect.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

uG posted:

Reiche posted:

The Sage was definitely a hell of a lot more powerful. Pain's chibaku tensei was a pretty big chunk of rock but the Sage made one this size of the moon (I'm gonna go ahead and assume he did make the moon). He was also strong enough to be the jinchuuriki for the juubi and that's what Madara so desperately wants to resurrect.
Well-said. :golfclap:

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

Reiche posted:

But Chakra isn't a factor for Edo Tensei zombies. If Pain was brought back, wouldn't he then have the chakra to create a moon?

genki
Nov 12, 2003
I get the distinct impression that it isn't the powerfulness of the person Kabuto resurrected, but rather the fact that it's someone that has a specific ability that fucks over Madara. I.e. Madara's secret weakness. Who knows what that could be...

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

uG posted:

But Chakra isn't a factor for Edo Tensei zombies. If Pain was brought back, wouldn't he then have the chakra to create a moon?
It's probably that the zombies can only use techniques as powerful as when they were alive, but they simply don't get exhausted and therefore don't have a limit on much many times they can use a technique.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
People have been guessing that it was the real Madara and that Tobi isn't the real Madara and/or Tobi doesn't have Madara's body anymore and the real body got rezzed.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Anonymous Zebra posted:

People have been guessing that it was the real Madara and that Tobi isn't the real Madara and/or Tobi doesn't have Madara's body anymore and the real body got rezzed.

This or Shisui Uchiha are the two big theories i'd say.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
I kinda think Kabuto sacrificed himself to summon himself back with edo tensei. It would at least explain why he can summon so many zombies (because of unlimited Edo Tensei stamina), and gives a good reason for Madara being freaked out by the mystery casket.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Anonymous Zebra posted:

It has to be this. Why else was Kabuto all, "don't worry, I'll keep your secret" to "Madara"?

Tobi's probably not who he says he is.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Just out of curiosity has the last coffin member been revealed in the manga yet?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

-Blackadder- posted:

Just out of curiosity has the last coffin member been revealed in the manga yet?

Not yet. In fact, it's barely been mentioned since then, I think.

Airdates to August 25th:

223 "The Young Man and the Sea"

224 "The Merchant Ninja of Venice"

225 "The Cursed Ghost Ship"

226 "Battleship Island"
Set sail for filler!

As for the dub, Yukimaru's voice isn't too bad; he sounds a little less cute, a little more ... eerie though. Certainly nails the 'home is where someone thinks of you :downs:' schtik to a tee. Guren's VA is also really good.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That arc NEVER HAPPENED stop reminding me of it :negative:

Probably will be quite a bit of filler for now since it's the only logical spot to cram it into.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
And on this episode of Naruto: Shippuuden, the ninja team gets tripped up by a sea king that Luffy could knock out with one punch. Also, an orphan. Always a loving orphan.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

CubanMissile posted:

And on this episode of Naruto: Shippuuden, the ninja team gets tripped up by a sea king that Luffy could knock out with one punch. Also, an orphan. Always a loving orphan.
I haven't seen today's ep, but I'm guessing Naruto on the sea arc is going to be "Naruto: One Piece edition"?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

-Blackadder- posted:

I'm pretty sure it's Madara's corpse.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

-Blackadder- posted:

It's not been mentioned and there's no evidence pointing to anything, just a lot of speculating. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say that things kind of get batshit soon and waiting through this filler will be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
This episode is like an boring optional side quest from a bad RPG.

• Locked thread