Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I got in shortly after realizing I needed to turn my adblocker off to see the Quill :downs:

I got MistAvis161. All my possible names were horrifically stupid though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

How strange that nobody sees the wonder in one another
I'm probably being really dense but where is the quill on that website?

Edit: and I found it, silly me.

Scissors
Mar 22, 2004

Scissors posted:

Also have to start brushing up on my Phoenix knowledge. What trivia numbers can you come up with?

Number of:

address of the HQ of the order?

You're welcome.

Got in as NightCentaur. :black101:

Scissors fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 4, 2011

Iron Chef Nex
Jan 20, 2005
Serving up a hot buttered stabbing
Whoop whoop, got in, picked something like PhoenixDustXXX and have already forgotten the number on the end.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Thank you so much for posting the link.
I'm in as WatchDust86, which sounds extremely disgusting now that I think about it.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

It is open.

http://quill.pottermore.com/252

My name is KnightWizard80.

Not too bad. when do you find out which house you are a part of?

Am I retarded or are you supposed to be redirected to scholastic.com?

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

KnightVine20. My choices weren't even dumb, they were all just boring. :smith:

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

geeves posted:

Top of the page has an Ad (make sure adblocker is off) and you click on the "special quill" (I just kept clicking and finally hit it) and then it will take you to the registration page.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

geeves posted:

Disable adblock.

Scissors
Mar 22, 2004

I also got "Chaoticpixie", or something like that. Which would have been awesome if I was a girl.

And "Frogchaser"... but that one just sounds wrong for some reason.

Zelamir
Jun 25, 2005

geeves posted:

Look at the ad on the top/disable ad blocker.

Got in as "GlowFlight" a few days ago, registered my boyfriend today as "MoonstoneMugwump". Love Pottermore already, can't wait to be sorted into Hufflepuff~

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Top of the page has an Ad (make sure adblocker is off) and you click on the "special quill" (I just kept clicking and finally hit it) and then it will take you to the registration page.

Thanks, finally found it and registered, got Wolfrune for my username.

Kid fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 4, 2011

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Thanks - Of course it would have been adblock.

None of the offered ones were good so WatchAuror201 it is. Though FlameQueen21 was tempting.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
I regged yesterday and got PumpkinQuaffle which I was actually quite pleased about. Sadly I never got a validation email, however. I tried again today with a different address and I'm officially in as the significantly less fun CrimsonMagic.

Kaster Troy
Feb 8, 2010
It took me forever to realize I should be on the Scholastic looking for an ad...

Got in as WatchCrimson82 which is pretty cool.

ff7cid
Jun 27, 2008

Beartato! I just became aware of the vast speed at which we are hurtling through the universe! Now it's all I can think about!
These names suck - in as HawthornNewt204.

e: AccioFirebolt is a name? That kicks so much more rear end than the garbage I got.

ff7cid fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 4, 2011

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
I had some okayish ones, ended up picking WillowWing ...

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

My titan engine can kick your titan engine's ass.
Closed already, sheesh.

Pig Boots
Apr 10, 2009

literally me

geeves posted:

Thanks - Of course it would have been adblock.

None of the offered ones were good so WatchAuror201 it is. Though FlameQueen21 was tempting.

FlameQueen is spectacular.

I'm PumpkinHallow##. My friends got NewtGoblet##, SpellScale##, ShadowFlight###, ChestnutSword##, NoxLeviosa##, and RoseStorm##.

Names I've seen online that I'm totally jealous of: WildNiffler##, MagicSparks###, and AccioFirebolt##.

I'm...kind of obsessed with Pottermore names haha.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Pig Boots posted:

I'm PumpkinHallow##. My friends got NewtGoblet##, SpellScale##, ShadowFlight###, ChestnutSword##, NoxLeviosa##, and RoseStorm##.

Names I've seen online that I'm totally jealous of: WildNiffler##, MagicSparks###, and AccioFirebolt##.

drat. AccioFirebolt is great. Son of a bitch.

SUPERIOR VENA CAVA
Sep 6, 2010
I'm in as BloodNight :black101: and my boyfriend's got CrimsonHawthorn. I can't wait to see what house I get. I used to always get Slytherin in personality tests and the like, which bummed me out as a kid. Now I've done a 180 and Slytherin's my top pick. Of course, this means I'll probably just end up in Hufflepuff or something. (No disrespect.)

spixxor
Feb 4, 2009

Pig Boots posted:

Ok, pretty jealous of AccioFirebolt.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I got in with a pretty sweet name: AurorHeart

I like it anyway :colbert:

Also how hosed up is their e-mail validation system? I had to register three times before I finally got a drat confirmation e-mail for an account.

trash person fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 4, 2011

Pig Boots
Apr 10, 2009

literally me
You guys realize that it can take hours for the validation e-mail to reach you, right? Or are you having a problem worse than that?

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I heard they were having difficulties with Yahoo! email accounts? I was on Gmail and received my validation about 2 hrs after I registered. No complaints here.

And so jealous of the person who got AccioFirebolt as their name!

(I still love NightBludgerXXX, but AccioFirebolt is awesome)

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Pig Boots posted:

You guys realize that it can take hours for the validation e-mail to reach you, right? Or are you having a problem worse than that?

Problems worse than that (for me anyway).

I registered two accounts during yesterday's time and never got an e-mail to either address.

Worked today though luckily!

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry
That was a pain in the rear end since I never think to disable Adblock. :( I'm GlowDust### but I'm trying to think of how that relates to Potter beyond sounding vaguely mystical.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

courtney_beth posted:

I'm so excited for when they officially sort us. Getting sorted by something involved with JKR is more official than any of the 498290483294 quizes you can take on the site. Anyone gunning for a particular house?

Where did you hear about this sorting stuff? I actually know no facts about this site.

I suspect I'm quite hufflepuff.

I didn't get my validation email yesterday. I tried two different addresses today and got one immediately and one 2 mins ago. Who knows.

Echoing love for AccioFirebolt.

Just heard that my co-worker got ThestralGalleon. I'm a little bit obsessed with pottermore names as well.

VivaNova fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 4, 2011

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I don't know about anyone else, but I chose my Pottermore account name purely on how easy it would be to remember the number. Ended up as GlowNewt :geno:

Pig Boots
Apr 10, 2009

literally me

VivaNova posted:

Where did you hear about this sorting stuff? I actually know no facts about this site.

I suspect I'm quite hufflepuff.

I didn't get my validation email yesterday. I tried two different addresses today and got one immediately and one 2 mins ago. Who knows.

Echoing love for AccioFirebolt.

Just heard that my co-worker got ThestralGalleon. I'm a little bit obsessed with pottermore names as well.

One of the official announcements mentioned it. It's supposed to be a really good sorting test and not one that you can really sway towards your preferred house so easily. A bit terrifying, really.

Also, a wand will choose you, and there are thousands of different wands, so you will likely never encounter someone with the exact same wand as you.

So. Excited.

ThestralGalleon reminds me...I nearly picked ThestralWalnut, simply because it sounded so ridiculous. And I love thestrals. I love pumpkins more, though :3:

***EDIT: Next clue will supposedly be released sometime between 8:30am Eastern and 11am Eastern!***

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I helped get my sister in today. She got Yew as part of her name. Can't win em' all.

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
I managed to pop in earlier today. I hadn't been keeping up with the community so was surprised to see the new wizard naming conventions.

Harry started something really bad naming his kid Albus Severus.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Noonsaliwah posted:

Harry started something really bad naming his kid Albus Severus.

I wish my username was something like AlbusSeverus

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

On one hand, the severe limitation on usernames is irritating because you could be stuck with something like NewtGoblet.

On the other hand, it's nice that we won't have to deal with seeing VoldeDeathxXx235 or Sephirothdemort2323 around the site.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
At least MistFloo22 rhymes... :gbsmith:

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Harry tends to name things after those who are important to him. I'm fearful the dog or next kid will be named DobbyHedwig.

Pig Boots
Apr 10, 2009

literally me

Crow_Robot posted:

On one hand, the severe limitation on usernames is irritating because you could be stuck with something like NewtGoblet.

On the other hand, it's nice that we won't have to deal with seeing VoldeDeathxXx235 or Sephirothdemort2323 around the site.

The person I know who has NewtGoblet is actually pretty happy with it, it suits his sense of humor. Of course, about half the names he had to choose from were girly things like ErisedPixie and QueenWillow, and the other half was boring (stuff like NimbusMirror), soo...

I kind of wish there was an option to reshuffle for a new batch of names. That would have been nice.

I reckon we're gonna be needing a Pottermore megathread somewhere soon.

Break The Sky
Sep 29, 2008
In as WildShadow##

My best friend did it for me while I was at work :3: It was awesome to open up my email to that.

Pig Boots
Apr 10, 2009

literally me
Those who are still in need of Pottermore accounts: Clues 6 and 7 will BOTH be released on FRIDAY, in several time zones (including all US time zones). You will not have until Saturday as was previously thought. Clue 6 will appear sometime between 8:30am and 11:00am Eastern. Clue 7 will appear between 7:30pm Eastern and 10pm Eastern.

From SnitchSeeker: "To clarify - The Sixth Clue will be released sometime on Friday between 1.30pm and 4pm, BST; 12.30pm - 3pm GMT; 8.30am - 11am EST; 5.30am - 8am PST.

The Final Clue will be released sometime between 12.30am and 3am BST on Saturday; 11.30pm - 2am GMT on FRIDAY; 7.30pm - 10pm EST on FRIDAY; 4.30pm - 7pm PST on FRIDAY."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I got DawnFang, I guess I'm a druid or something.

• Locked thread