Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

boo_radley posted:

You're pretty lucky! I emailed them and got a reply that they're not sending any more out.

edit: fuggit. Look, my family is from Slovenia and my mom is a wicked huge Dylan fan since day one. He was the first concert she went to and she'll still go to his insanely expensive concerts and buy up his merch, no questions asked. If anybody gets a copy and wouldn't mind selling it to me, please PM me.

Hey, I listened to it and pretty much the only track that I personally found interesting enough to listen to more than once was the Laibach one, so I could def send it your way. I don't want any money from you apart from postage if it's terribly high, the thing was 100% free for me anyway :)

e: Got your email!

Doctor Zero posted:

What's the name of it?

The compilation? Projekt Bob Dylan: Postani Prostovoljec!

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 28, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Ah, so it wasn't a Laibach album. I see.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
I say to you, cat rear end now and cat rear end forever. :toot:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Booked flights to Stockholm to see FLA live next month :smug:

Does anybody know if they've had anything from Civilization in their setlist lately? I'm pretty skeptical that any of it really is good live material apart from like Maniacal or something but goddamn I'd probably die if they played something off from that album.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 28, 2011

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Toronto EBMfest 2011 line-up announced at some point and I didn't notice.

http://www.last.fm/festival/2009524+EBMfest+2011

Shame about Ayria playing, but Funker Vogt, Decoded Feedback and Fractured :toot:

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I went looking for music videos the other day. I knew Blutengel had a video for Reich mir die Hand but I was pleasantly surprised to find one for Über den Horizont as well, since that's pretty easily my favorite song on the album.

Also, uh... I think I might have grown out of Imperative Reaction. There's a video for Surface from their upcoming self-titled album. Gotta say I'm not really feeling this one. Between the choral vocals (which is something I usually love) and that guitarist, the whole thing just gives a different vibe. I think they might have turned into Zeromancer.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
I am going to strongly recommend that people check out the band "My Enemy Complete." They're like a mix of goth and coldwave with hints of FLA. They also have an absolutely fantastic singer. Really, really good stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/myenemycomplete

Industrial fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 29, 2011

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Armor-Piercing posted:

I went looking for music videos the other day. I knew Blutengel had a video for Reich mir die Hand but I was pleasantly surprised to find one for Über den Horizont as well, since that's pretty easily my favorite song on the album.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes Blutengel :blush: They're my most shameful secret pleasure, I just can't get over how good Pohl is at writing catchy-rear end pop songs one after the other.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

So I realized my CD shelves are dangerously close to full and I'm still buying a fuckton of records all the drat time. I also realized that at this rate I'm gonna need another CD shelf (currently have two, which hold about 500 CDs together), and since I'll most likely be moving sometime in autumn and really don't want more stuff in my life, I figured I'd try selling at least some of the stuff I don't necessarily personally like that much or listen to anymore. I thought it'd be a good idea to put some of my industrial/other scene-applicable stuff up here first before I throw them at an auction site:

And One - Tanzomat (Ltd. Ed. digipak with live CD) 7 €
And One - Traumfrau (single, jewelcase) 2 €
Battle Scream - Suffering vs. Salvation (digipak) 5 €
Black Heaven - Negativ (digipak) 5 €
Black Light Discipline - Empire 5 € (jewelcase) (these guys are apparently a favorite of the Turmion Kätilöt guys, seeing as they're on TK's own label and have opened for them plenty of times!)
Container 90 - World ChampionShit 5 € (digipak)
God Module - Let's Go Dark 5 € (digipak)
Helium Vola - Für euch, die ihr liebt 5 € (2CD digipak)
Melotron - Fortschritt 5 € (jewelcase)
Rabia Sorda - Radio Paranoia (Ltd. Ed. single, copy #50 / 1000)
Yendri - Dreams of an Undead Girl (digipak)

I can't stand Wolfsheim so I'll throw one of these digipak singles in for free if you buy something else and are interested in them.

Wolfsheim - Künstliche Welten
Wolfshiem - A New Starsystem Has Been Explored

The following synthpop CDs are all part of the A Different Drum VIP Series and are all limited to 300 copies worldwide:

Christopher Anton - Destination: X 3 € (digifile)
e-gens - fine! shine! vip edition 3 € (digifile)
Disreflect - Some Brittle Words 3 € (digifile)
Haberdashery - 2010 Remixes 2 € (cardboard sleeve)
Saudade - Restricted 2 € (cardboard sleeve)

Next up: :wumpscut: stuff

Dried Blood of Gomorrha (BKM Etah 59, digipak)
Bone Peeler (BKM Etah 57 3rd Anniversary Ed., digipak)
Evoke (BKM Etah 34, 2CD digipak)
Cannibal Anthem Box (includes everything listed here. T-shirt size XL) 15 €
Body Census Box (includes everything listed here apart from XL sticker. T-shirt size XL) 15 €
Schädlingsbox (includes everything listed here apart from the polo shirt, no idea where that's gone) 10 €

If you're only interested in the CDs in the boxes we can talk about it, but I'd really rather sell all of it in one go.

Everything here is pretty much in "like new" to "very good" condition. The :W:-shirts have been word probably like three or four times maybe three years ago and have since been washed and left to wait in the wardrobe. Postage's gonna vary, of course, but we'll sort it out.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Aug 4, 2011

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Going to a festival in Denver looks like a great time.

Saturday & Sunday Aug 13/14th @ Casselmans 2620 Walnut Street Denver CO 80205
Sat, August 13th: $20 advance/$25 DOS (21+) Doors 2PM
ICON OF COIL
Dead Hand Projekt
The Strand
Diverje
Cursed Chimera
Torso
Kontrolled Demolition
Super Stereo

Sunday August 14th: $20 advance/$25 DOS (21+) Doors 2PM
COMBICHRIST
Komor Kommando
W.A.S.T.E.
Northborne
Mono-Amine
Cervello Elettronico
Blackcell
DJ Necrotek

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
gently caress Yea! I'm going Saturday, not sure if I'll make the Sunday show. $20 a night isn't bad. I wish it was somewhere other than Casslemans though. Not sure if its bad, but I've never been.. I'm so excited!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
How is Für euch, die ihr liebt? I loved Helium Vola but Liod left me cold.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

How is Für euch, die ihr liebt? I loved Helium Vola but Liod left me cold.

Gonna have to admit that I really can't compare the album to Helium Vola's other ones at all, I jumped into it completely cold. I'm not even sure why I have it in the first place, actually, I guess I was looking for something similar to Qntal some years back and found the album. In any case I never got much out of it personally (just didn't click with me at all) and I haven't listened to it much more than like five or so times, but most reactions online seem to be extremely positive. The first CD has more traditional medieval tracks while the second CD has darker, faster, more electronic and heavier songs.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

boo_radley posted:

You're pretty lucky! I emailed them and got a reply that they're not sending any more out.

I think they must have made some more, because they just emailed me today and said they'd sent out a copy. I emailed them about it initially back on Friday, maybe?

teethgrinder posted:

Shame about Ayria playing

t:mad:

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

teethgrinder posted:

Toronto EBMfest 2011 line-up announced at some point and I didn't notice.

http://www.last.fm/festival/2009524+EBMfest+2011

Shame about Ayria playing, but Funker Vogt, Decoded Feedback and Fractured :toot:

Blah blah blah. The only thing at that fest I'd want to see would be Prospero, and it's not worth the price of admission.

* does not include Fractured, who I used to enjoy but have cancelled when I've booked them three times and are officially dead to me.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Infest in less than a month, hooray!

So, are V2A, Code 64, Shiv-R or Analog Angel any good?

Space Commissar
Dec 3, 2010

Danger - Octopus! posted:

I've liked Code 64 for quite some time. You should check them out.

Twiin, not even funker vogt?

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Space Commissar posted:

I've liked Code 64 for quite some time. You should check them out.

Twiin, not even funker vogt?

Oh god how I hate funker vogt. Both as musicians and as humans. It is my greatest parting gift to the City of Ottawa that they have swore to never play it because of me.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

It's not fair to make statements like that without explaining.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Twiin posted:

Oh god how I hate funker vogt. Both as musicians and as humans. It is my greatest parting gift to the City of Ottawa that they have swore to never play it because of me.

I heard stories that they are complete douchebag rock star twats backstage from various people.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

teethgrinder posted:

It's not fair to make statements like that without explaining.

Long story short: They wanted to tour Canada, and wanted an Ottawa show because they heard so much about how it's a great place to play blah blah blah blah. They asked for something crazy like $2500USD (back when USD meant a big hurt), which was totally bananas. Like, Download + Meg Lee Chin + Dead Voices didn't cost that much. Or Juno Reactor + Dr Alex Paterson. Especially crazy considering there was only one Funker track (F-117) that didn't clear the dancefloor. Plus the rider was full of all kinds of rock star crap like six different types of cheese and whatever else.

Anyway, we wrote back and said that there's no way we can do that, but we'd be happy to do a show where they get food/lodging and 100% of the door after costs. They said they can't do the tour if they don't have an Ottawa show, and that they can't do the show without the guarantee, and that it was 'only' 150 people at $20 a head or something. I said they have no idea what Ottawa is like and that I wasn't ready to lose $2K+ on a show so they could tour, and they said that "sometimes you have to take one for the team".

So I posted the offer / rider to our DJ night's online communities, and asked them how many people would come out to the show if we dropped the money. One person said yes, and a couple dozen other people started putting together a collection to pay me not to book Funker.

We sent the community link to Funker, they threw a poo poo fit and made a solemn ebm vow to never play Ottawa. (Which was met with much rejoicing by Ottawa.)

Also they are complete douchebag rock star twats backstage.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Twiin posted:

Especially crazy considering there was only one Funker track (F-117) that didn't clear the dancefloor.

Regardless of the douchebaggery, this statement is real? In Detroit, Funker Vogt always packs the floor.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Doctor Zero posted:

Regardless of the douchebaggery, this statement is real? In Detroit, Funker Vogt always packs the floor.

Yeah. Detroit's a weird city, man. When I DJed there, all my guaranteed pack-the-floor tracks were met with big 'meh' and the tracks that I wasn't sure about were all hits. Ottawa doesn't have a taste for Funker or a lot of artists like that.

Space Commissar
Dec 3, 2010

Twiin posted:

Long story short: They wanted to tour Canada, and wanted an Ottawa show because they heard so much about how it's a great place to play blah blah blah blah. They asked for something crazy like $2500USD (back when USD meant a big hurt), which was totally bananas. Like, Download + Meg Lee Chin + Dead Voices didn't cost that much. Or Juno Reactor + Dr Alex Paterson. Especially crazy considering there was only one Funker track (F-117) that didn't clear the dancefloor. Plus the rider was full of all kinds of rock star crap like six different types of cheese and whatever else.

Anyway, we wrote back and said that there's no way we can do that, but we'd be happy to do a show where they get food/lodging and 100% of the door after costs. They said they can't do the tour if they don't have an Ottawa show, and that they can't do the show without the guarantee, and that it was 'only' 150 people at $20 a head or something. I said they have no idea what Ottawa is like and that I wasn't ready to lose $2K+ on a show so they could tour, and they said that "sometimes you have to take one for the team".

So I posted the offer / rider to our DJ night's online communities, and asked them how many people would come out to the show if we dropped the money. One person said yes, and a couple dozen other people started putting together a collection to pay me not to book Funker.

We sent the community link to Funker, they threw a poo poo fit and made a solemn ebm vow to never play Ottawa. (Which was met with much rejoicing by Ottawa.)

Also they are complete douchebag rock star twats backstage.

That's not at all the feeling I've got from them. Of course, I saw them many years ago.. Maybe their egos wasn't as big as now? But back then they played in this small club, and we were all dancing and the singer came out and danced with us and was friendly to everyone.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Space Commissar posted:

That's not at all the feeling I've got from them. Of course, I saw them many years ago.. Maybe their egos wasn't as big as now? But back then they played in this small club, and we were all dancing and the singer came out and danced with us and was friendly to everyone.

This was 2002 maybe? 2003? I don't remember exactly. But they were even bigger divas than Bella Morte, and that's saying something.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Twiin, if you're ever in Denver hit me up and I'll buy you a beer. :allears:

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

boo_radley posted:

Twiin, if you're ever in Denver hit me up and I'll buy you a beer. :allears:

Haha. Sounds awesome. I wanted to hit Denver on my last tour but it was too far out of the way. Next time I'll make it for sure.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
F-117 is amazing though.

I have a love-hate relationship with Funker Vogt as musicians. I used to absolutely adore them but the past like, 4 albums or something, I keep having to ask myself if it's all just a big joke. How can a band stagnate so badly? It's all the same.

Zaiquiri
Mar 14, 2007
Going to KMFDM in portland tonight. Hope they aren't too disappointing.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Twiin posted:

This was 2002 maybe? 2003? I don't remember exactly. But they were even bigger divas than Bella Morte, and that's saying something.
Bella Morte are huge divas? I want to hear more about this.

Also I wonder what Blutengel's rider is.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I'd be okay with Bella Morte being divas if their music hadn't turned into the hot topic mess that it has been for a couple of albums now. drat shame.

At least I still have my copy of Where Shadows Lie.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Zaiquiri posted:

Going to KMFDM in portland tonight. Hope they aren't too disappointing.
I'm still on the fence about seeing them in Toronto. I finally saw them in Ottawa like ... over five years ago, and it was terrible.

I was expecting 90s KMFDM, and I got ... metal. That alone wouldn't have been inherently awful, but it was also the loudest concert I'd been to thus far and it destroyed my hearing. I've worn earplugs at shows ever since, but really it's too late.

I was so put off by it I skipped their next show, where it turns out Birthday Massacre opened for them, who I adore.

I think I'd be better prepared to enjoy them now, now that I have no expectation for their former glory. I think the worst thing to happen to KMFDM is for Sasha to have married one of the disposable female singers.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Danger - Octopus! posted:

.forgettable,
.swedish electropop (love it or hate it),
.*fartz*
.pre-schaffelbeat depeche mode clone.

Nothing worth outright skipping though. Even if they were all complete poo poo I'd still be overjoyed to be seeing mind.in.a.box finally.

Looking forward to the karaoke night (ironically of course :smug:)

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

m.i.a.b are so loving good. They're sort of new at live shows though so things go wrong occasionally. They've previously been at the mercy of local mixing boards, but it sounds like they've taken over everything with their latest set up.

edit: here's a video I took with a terrible microphone :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyklrxVpW4E

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Armor-Piercing posted:

Bella Morte are huge divas? I want to hear more about this.

They were on tour with Cyanotic and 16volt. Cyanotic is probably the single biggest draw for a non-legendary industrial band that Ottawa has, whereas I have literally never DJed a Bella Morte track in my life. They threw a public hissy fit when they saw they were booked to open the night, absolutely refused to go on before Cyanotic, and nearly got the tour manager to cancel the 16volt show. They said all kinds of amazing things about how Cyanotic "aren't on the same level" as them and whatever else. It was loving retarded. I told them they'd get a better reception if they opened. I told them they're getting paid the same. No dice.

So we put them on after Cyanotic. All the Cyanotic fans showed up late, missed the Cyanotic show, and spent the whole time talking very loudly during Bella Morte. You could hear them talking all the way past the completely empty dancefloor.

Twiin fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 5, 2011

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
Shoulda just paid Cyanotic to play a set twice as long. Man, that would be awesome.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

Furret Basket posted:

Shoulda just paid Cyanotic to play a set twice as long. Man, that would be awesome.

We actually had to shorten cyanotic and bella morte's sets because of how long it took to work out.

Space Commissar
Dec 3, 2010

Twiin posted:

Allright, I think I saw them earlier than that. It was in stockholm. IIRC it was meant to be in a smaller club with a more intimate experience. Though it's been a while since then!

Well, now you know I'm from sweden and our "synth"-scene has been big for a long time. How is the "scene" over there in canada? Lots of artists touring? Clubs? Festivals? Our biggest "synth-festival" (Arvika) had to close this year because of money problems..

Space Commissar fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Aug 5, 2011

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Space Commissar posted:

Allright, I think I saw them earlier than that. It was in stockholm. IIRC it was meant to be in a smaller club with a more intimate experience. Though it's been a while since then!

Well, now you know I'm from sweden and our "synth"-scene has been big for a long time. How is the "scene" over there in canada? Lots of artists touring? Clubs? Festivals? Our biggest "synth-festival" (Arvika) had to close this year because of money problems..

Hey man, you gonna go see FLA this month in Stockholm? I'm coming over to see how my cousin is doing (he just moved there) and see the FLA gig on the 27th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Commissar
Dec 3, 2010

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Hey man, you gonna go see FLA this month in Stockholm? I'm coming over to see how my cousin is doing (he just moved there) and see the FLA gig on the 27th.

I don't think so. I don't think I have the time or the money to go see them. Unfortunately. But you're talking about the club debaser ( http://www.debaser.se/kalender/6172/ ), right? It's a pretty solid club from what I hear. Haven't been there myself, but have heard lots of great input about it.