Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009

Vigilante Banana posted:

I just made some loving rainbow cupcakes for my friend's birthday. I'm going to drive out to her place and then we are going to watch TV and eat loving RAINBOW CUPCAKES.

I'm just really excited about the cupcakes you guys.

When I first heard about rainbow cakes I couldn't sit still I was so excited. I have the day (and week) off work and solved a hair colour dilemma which was starting to annoy me because I couldn't make my mind up about it and just stop fussing already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budget Bears
Feb 7, 2011

I had never seen anyone make sweet love to a banjo like this before.
Today at work a little girl came in who told me she was four years old. I showed her our animals and helped her pet them and told her neat facts about them, and at one point she looked up at me and said, "Guess what? I love you!"

She then showed me how to run really fast, which apparently involves punching the air or something.

On her way out she waved to me and said "Bye! I liked the animals! I love you very much!"

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Took a big chance back in March by changing jobs. I left benefits, a fairly flexable schedule, and good coworkers for a job that it night shift, no insurance, and most of my coworkers are old disgruntled people.

Well, today I was told that they are hiring me from my contractor as a permanent employee. poo poo yes, insurance, a 10k pay bump, and 13% shift differential.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I got all my college textbooks for the low, low price of $167.41, and I have been informed that I will probably make more than that when I sell them back. Hooray for profit.

ornery bean
Nov 7, 2010

Budget Bears posted:

Today at work a little girl came in who told me she was four years old. I showed her our animals and helped her pet them and told her neat facts about them, and at one point she looked up at me and said, "Guess what? I love you!"

She then showed me how to run really fast, which apparently involves punching the air or something.

On her way out she waved to me and said "Bye! I liked the animals! I love you very much!"

Ohhhhhhh mmyyyyyyyyyy ggggoooodddddddddd that is so freakin' cute!!!!! As a general rule I don't like kids because I'm an impatient little poo poo, but kiddos like that make my heart melt.

I'm assuming you work at a pet shop or an animal shelter or something? Jealous. :downs:

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'
Went out last night with some mates i haven't seen for ages, a girl i thought i'd scared off on okcupid messaged me again, got free scampi for lunch. Good day.

Then work happened :unsmigghh:

FrenchandNotFrench
Jun 3, 2010

by T. Finn
As I was leaving work I was passed by a woman on a bicycle pulling one of those baby-trailer things. The top was open and a full size golden retriever was standing in the back wearing doggles. He was wagging so hard the trailer was rocking.

cranky pomme
Dec 30, 2008

Ahh! Here he comes!
I came out to my family today, and it went a hell of a lot better than I ever could have expected. :unsmith:

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

cranky pomme posted:

I came out to my family today, and it went a hell of a lot better than I ever could have expected. :unsmith:

Congrats, man! It's always the best to hear about something like that happening, I don't hear it near as much as the opposite.

e: oh why today is awesome and I came in here

I have been crushing on this one absolutely gorgeous girl for nearly half a decade now, but we've always both been in relationships or just off rebound or or or

But today I said gently caress it and took her out. Which I am doing again thursday. And she is staying the night friday. Short, redhead, great body, intelligent, and kinky as the day is long. I am happy today.

SeaGoatSupreme has a new favorite as of 03:47 on Aug 3, 2011

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Had my third training shift at work, and since I had about a half hour extra before clocking out they had me actually making drinks for the customers, and I managed to do pretty well, which was cool. I was kind of nervous about the amount of stuff I had to remember, so it was a wicked confidence boost.

Think I'm going to like my job

cranky pomme
Dec 30, 2008

Ahh! Here he comes!

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Congrats, man! It's always the best to hear about something like that happening, I don't hear it near as much as the opposite.

e: oh why today is awesome and I came in here

I have been crushing on this one absolutely gorgeous girl for nearly half a decade now, but we've always both been in relationships or just off rebound or or or

But today I said gently caress it and took her out. Which I am doing again thursday. And she is staying the night friday. Short, redhead, great body, intelligent, and kinky as the day is long. I am happy today.

Thanks! I'm one of the very few lesbians in a small, conservative town in Kansas. I am so happy that my family supports my choices, because not many others in this town will.

Way to ask that girl out, dude. I hope you two will be happy together!

Alvarez IV
Aug 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I just saw Dan Savage's column for this week, and he featured my anecdote.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

I built my new computer and everything worked perfectly and was easier than I expected and it's just so nice to have it.

Also, the sun is shining, there's a nice breeze blowing, the temperature isn't loving freezing and my jasmine plants have decided it's spring so everything smells nice.

Also, my mate just got back from sea and we'll get to hang out in the next day or two, which is kick rear end.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
This is for yesterday, but whatever.

I thought today was going to suck because I had to go get some shots, but considering the ease and amount of time it took, it actually cheered me up a bit. Then I went and got lunch by myself (something I always enjoy doing, for some reason), and deposited fat money into my bank account.

And then I pre-ordered Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Overall, a very awesome day.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Two White Russians will make the world seem a whole lot more favorable.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Today at the paper, thanks to a managerial oversight, I was stuck doing the work of four people by myself, without any breaks, for the whole night. As an apology, I can now set my own schedule and get all the overtime I want for the next month, with no union interference.

This loving rocks.

Excavation
May 18, 2004

FEED ME CRAYONS
I went and got a haircut for the first time this year - my hairline is worse than when I got it cut last which was a minor downer, but my overall apprearance has improved. It's a good feeling, it makes me want to run into the street and dip my head in a tin of housepaint and rub it on cars.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Just learned the creepy guy in my building at work has been transferred to another building on campus. I want to dance a jig.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I finished and submitted the freelance article that's been weighing on me for a week and a half... I'm not sure if it's as good as it could be, but either way it's done and I'm gonna get paid $750 for it, so ~whoop whoop~

Also I got a job interview scheduled for Monday! With a dude I just met four days ago at my friend's dance recital! God bless networking.

Also I got my first CD from the CD swap I'm doing, and I'm eating german chocolate cake ice cream, and a hot guy asked me out on OKCupid. Life's aight. Why was I so moody yesterday?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
After working my rear end off this summer I made just enough to pay for tuition and other college fees, and even squirrel some away for helping to pay rent this fall.

I'm still $0 in debt.

The Cheech
May 29, 2001
I made it to candidacy!

Smiley!
Dec 7, 2009

The Picard Maneuver
Today was my 21st birthday. :cheers:

Clumsy Card House
Jan 6, 2008

My car insurance premium went from $1000 to $600. :cheers:

H.P. Lovecraft
Nov 20, 2008
MY HUSBAND got promoted to general manager. This will bump us up a whole tax bracket. Insurance, job security and FREE RENT. He's worked so hard, I am so proud of him. :unsmith:

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I'm doing some freelance design work for Kroger! Going from having no work to doing some for a big company like that makes me feel pretty :dance:

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
was at work today and my backhoe digger got a flat tyre.... then the cd player died in it 2 minutes later- not really awesome... but i bought chips with gravy from the local shop nearby so i believe that counts getting one awesome point

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Redhead I mentioned last post? She, along with two of her friends gave me the best night of my life, and it is making me reevaluate where I think I fall on the datability scale. Am I actually desirable? Really truly desirable? Survey says yes. Also it is hard to walk without smiling, figuring out you are a masochist while dating a tiny dominant woman is a recipe for :D all day every day.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Guys I think I am sexy. For the first time in my life I have a positive outlook on myself. I think this deserves a double post because HOLY poo poo

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
The Health Department at the college I'm going to attend got my immunization papers. So I can actually attend college this fall.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Nachos for dinner. Very awesome.

Budget Bears
Feb 7, 2011

I had never seen anyone make sweet love to a banjo like this before.
Went to a free swing dancing class with my best friend, had a super fun time even though it was my first time swing dancing and I completely suck.

Next week I will be going to swing dancing class with my charming coworker. :3:

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
Made a witty-one liner after learning about a guy that was in prison for a while after accidentally killing his baby by shaking it too much. He was almost hired as the bartender at the place I work, so I hope you like your martinis shaken. :haw:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I got called to schedule a job interview for the first time in loving forever. Hopefully this will be the only one I need and I can finally get out of this hellhole that is unemployment.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
Spent most of the afternoon reading in the sun by my grandparents' pool. I'm finally starting to tan without burning. Tomorrow I get to house- and dog-sit for them. Just me and the schnauzer, catching rays.

Oh, and I finally beat my grandma at a board game. This is a big deal.

Moot1234
Jul 2, 2008

Ridiculously long lasting flavor.
I reactivated my Facebook account to keep in touch with a friend that recently moved out of state and saw that another buddy who, in April, deployed back over seas to somewhere in the middle east had recent activity on his page. I thought perhaps it was just his wife on there because all of the pictures that had been recently uploaded were of their dogs at home. Anyway, I left a comment on the album with the dogs in it thinking his wife might respond but it was actually him that responded saying he can't wait to get back so we can hang out again!

It might not seem like much but I've been worried sick about him and haven't heard anything from him since we last spoke the night before he deployed. So yeah, after seeing that I have the biggest, stupidest loving grin on my face. It's just such a relief to hear from him and know that he's doing well. :D

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
I am not going to sleep tonight, and it will be glorious. I really truly like this tiny person, and she AND her girlfriend like me. Is this nirvana? Also they got a rug beater yesss

GrapeSoda
Oct 22, 2008
Got my first job out of college! I had been applying for 3-4 months and wasn't hearing anything back. Finally, a few weeks ago I was called in for an interview and received a contingent offer the next day. A background/drug/reference check later I got a firm offer!

I was so scared I would end up as some goon living in his parent's basement. Hooray!

TotalBlammBlamm
Apr 14, 2007

Wham bam, thank you ma'am!
Yesterday was an awesome day because I started my new job. It was just an orientation day but still. They fed us sub sandwiches. It doesn't take much.

Today I get to really dig in. This is my first 'real' job since I was laid off from a job I adored in early 2010! I'm excited!! :)

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
I got two motherfucking days off!Friday and Saturday night. Working midnights is what I like to do but drat it's hard to have a life without completely burning out. First time since March...I've been averaging one day off every two weeks and this is loving fantastic. Gonna spend so much time with the man and kid out of the house..gonna do sooo much. Hoping to go get lunch at this badass Brazilian joint Saturday. YEEESSS!!!

Also they voted in my husband's new contract..he'll be making almost 23/hour in four years and gets a 3 dollar pay bump come October. God I am trying so hard not to poo poo on all of this and wait for something bad to happen. Be happy with what's going on goddammit! We are so close to getting everything we want/need in life within the next year. I can taste it. Thank you god and all your pals thank you thank you. (not religious but i'm covering my bases hah)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Had a job interview yesterday that turned out to be a staffing agency screening me for the company with the actual job. We talked for 15 minutes about my family, then she said she'll send the company my resume and her assessment or whatever and I should hear back from them in two days. They called me in 3 hours :smug:. For the first time in 2 years I have a legit job interview, wooo!