Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Is the texture on the .357 Match Revolver from the AG Supplementary Weapons pack messed up for anyone else? Mine looks like it's been applied crooked or something. I need to update to the newest version of that mod, so that may fix it.

EDIT: I installed the millenia meshes extra and it fixed the texture, but now I don't see any bullets in the gun when it's loaded. Oh well. I'd rather have that than a jacked up texture.

vandalism fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Probably. Most people seemed to stop using it once they realized how troublesome it was. Counterfeitsaint, you might want to deactivate Highways and Byways and see if your CTD frequency drops. If it doesn't, deactivate Western Skies and see if that does the trick. Weather mods are often the culprit.

I haven't had any problems with it and genuinely think it owns. Don't understand the hate.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Would using the 4gb enabler help with some slowdowns I get during gameplay? I'm not using any texture packs and I have 4gb of RAM (and a HD5770).

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

VisAbsoluta posted:

Would using the 4gb enabler help with some slowdowns I get during gameplay? I'm not using any texture packs and I have 4gb of RAM (and a HD5770).

Slowdowns? Probably not. Increasing your RAM usage generally alleviates stuttering while running around.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
You can also try deleting saves if you've got a huge backlog of them. I was doing some cleaning last night and got rid of about 80+ saves on a couple characters I don't even use anymore and I was pretty shocked by the immediate and noticeable boost in FPS I experienced.

EDIT: Completed unrelated, this was added to the Nexus recently: Weapon Animation Replacer FOMOD installer. Streamlines the process of installing the WAR stuff considerably. Just download that and extract it somewhere, download the two WAR packs (Commando for rifles and The Professional for pistols) and dump both straight into the first folder while overwriting when asked, then add and activate with the package manager in FOMM. Nice clean menu for picking all your stances, made by the same dude that did Advanced Recon stuff and Unified HUD. Still doesn't help the janky first-person pistol animations, though :(

Horns fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Aug 5, 2011

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So how hard is it to update patches after a DLC?

Really wanting to start playing this now, but have been holding off until all the DLC for released, as I didn't want to start a game, then have to wait a month to keep going/didn't want to start a game then have it get deleted/crash/issues due to mod incompatibility with later DLCs.

But with Lonesome Road getting so close, its hard to keep myself from starting up a game.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Rookersh posted:

So how hard is it to update patches after a DLC?

Really wanting to start playing this now, but have been holding off until all the DLC for released, as I didn't want to start a game, then have to wait a month to keep going/didn't want to start a game then have it get deleted/crash/issues due to mod incompatibility with later DLCs.

But with Lonesome Road getting so close, its hard to keep myself from starting up a game.

It isn't a problem. When the FalloutNV executable is modified by a patch (as it was prior to OWB being released), there was a 3 or 4 hour period where NVSE didn't work. Obviously that means any mods that rely on NVSE are broken. If Lonesome Road is released without any modifications to the executable, most problems will be superficial, like weather mods not applying to the new environments, and modded changes not working on whatever equipment Lonesome Road adds (like PN's 1st Person Visor feature not working on Lonesome Road helmets.) A lot of people continued to play the game without any problems.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

So apparently I've got the metal armor -1 AGI effect stuck on my courier even when my inv is empty. Anyone know what console command removes enchantment effects? I've tried "player.removespell enchmetalarmor" and "player.dispel enchmetalarmor" but those don't work.

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k

GloomMouse posted:

So apparently I've got the metal armor -1 AGI effect stuck on my courier even when my inv is empty. Anyone know what console command removes enchantment effects? I've tried "player.removespell enchmetalarmor" and "player.dispel enchmetalarmor" but those don't work.

A long shot, but try player.dispel 0003D32E

That's the ID of the metal armor effect, so hopefully it'll be removable in the same manner as Cazador poison.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

OneTrueBru posted:

A long shot, but try player.dispel 0003D32E

That's the ID of the metal armor effect, so hopefully it'll be removable in the same manner as Cazador poison.

That worked, thanks. Where did you find the id, because I looked but couldn't find it for the life of me.

VVV EDIT: jesus christ the form ID column was minimized, i am retarded VVV

GloomMouse fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 5, 2011

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k

GloomMouse posted:

That worked, thanks. Where did you find the id, because I looked but couldn't find it for the life of me.

Just popped open the GECK and looked up enchmetalarmor under "Object Effects".

E: To clarify a bit, if you hover over the Editor ID cell, the it'll display the ID you need in brackets after a second or two. Oddly enough, it doesn't display the ID in the actual Edit window.

Double Edit: Whoops, I had it minimized too! :doh:

Squiggly Beast fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Aug 5, 2011

RKTM
Jul 17, 2009
How hard would a sound replacement mod for Ed-E be to make, and how would I go about doing this?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Is it just me or do certain weapons in AG Supplementary Uniques just murder the framerate? The Chinese Marksman Rifle might be the worst offender, it literally cuts my FPS in half. :psyduck:

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe
What are the odds of getting previous saved game files working with a new game install correctly? I'm gonna go back and re-download all the mods that were in use, but I'm wondering if it's gonna be a waste of time...

The Sweetling fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 5, 2011

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Horns posted:

Is it just me or do certain weapons in AG Supplementary Uniques just murder the framerate? The Chinese Marksman Rifle might be the worst offender, it literally cuts my FPS in half. :psyduck:

I used the CMR for a while and never had any problems with it.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Horns posted:

I had this problem with the Stitcher in 2.5. I don't know why, but holding it out in first person view would cause this strange, persistent stuttering. I asked the author about it, but she couldn't find any problems on her end. I picked up the gun in 2.6 and no longer seem to have the problem. :iiam:

The Sweetling posted:

What are the odds of getting previous saved game files working with a new game install correctly? I'm gonna go back and re-download all the mods that were in use, but I'm wondering if it's gonna be a waste of time...

Very good. I downloaded somebody's quicksave off of this thread and started it up with no problems.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It isn't a problem. When the FalloutNV executable is modified by a patch (as it was prior to OWB being released), there was a 3 or 4 hour period where NVSE didn't work. Obviously that means any mods that rely on NVSE are broken. If Lonesome Road is released without any modifications to the executable, most problems will be superficial, like weather mods not applying to the new environments, and modded changes not working on whatever equipment Lonesome Road adds (like PN's 1st Person Visor feature not working on Lonesome Road helmets.) A lot of people continued to play the game without any problems.

So, all I have installed is the New Vegas Bounties, Mod Kits, and Grenade Hotkey, and you are saying the day Lonesome Road starts up I can just wait for the download to finish and absolutely nothing will happen to my game?

Damnit, I've been avoiding this game for a few months for nothing, haven't I. :argh:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Rookersh posted:

So, all I have installed is the New Vegas Bounties, Mod Kits, and Grenade Hotkey, and you are saying the day Lonesome Road starts up I can just wait for the download to finish and absolutely nothing will happen to my game?

Damnit, I've been avoiding this game for a few months for nothing, haven't I. :argh:

Pretty much. Does the Grenade Hotkey mod require NVSE, though? It might not work for a couple of hours after Lonesome Road releases if the executable is modified.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Very good. I downloaded somebody's quicksave off of this thread and started it up with no problems.

Yup, as long as the mods match up, any save from anybody will work.

These Loving Eyes
Jun 6, 2009
Sorry for asking this again but I didn't get a reply last time: if I remove Nevada Skies from my load order and replace it with F3NV Project Reality, will this gently caress up my saves and game in general?

Edit: Actually, is there a way to check if Nevada Skies is actually even working? I have 07 Vanilla and 07 Data installed with FOMM but the weather effects, skies and lighting in general feels really bland so I'm not sure if it's actually on. I have it activated but I can't say for sure. The images on the nexus page look amazing compared to the stuff I'm seeing. :(

These Loving Eyes fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 5, 2011

Riolith
Dec 24, 2005
The Quiescent
So I have been getting random crashes on load screens lately and I cant seem to figure out what is causing it. I tried turning Nevada Skies off but they still happen so i don't think its the culprit. My load order is:

code:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
CaravanPack.esm
WMVM.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
DFB - Random Encounters.esm
Nevada Skies.esp
CRL9K_ThisMachineSound.esp
UrgeWasterScarf.esp
Readius_NV.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
Canteen.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp
WMX-DeadMoney.esp
WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp
WMX-HonestHearts.esp
WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp
WMVM-DM.esp
WMVM-WMX.esp
WMVM-WMX-DM.esp
WMVM-WMX-HH.esp
Project Nevada - WMX.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp

Total active plugins: 30
Total plugins: 30
I have WAR and WRP along with a police pistol re-texture but I doubt those are responsible for anything except this annoying glitch I get with That Guns ammo floating just behind the gun in 1st person and in front of my character in 3rd person after I reload.

Also, I can't seem to get the holorifle in Dead Money re reload by hitting R, I have to switch weapons to reload it. Is this a common bug or is one of my moods messing with it?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

These Loving Eyes posted:

Sorry for asking this again but I didn't get a reply last time: if I remove Nevada Skies from my load order and replace it with F3NV Project Reality, will this gently caress up my saves and game in general?

Edit: Actually, is there a way to check if Nevada Skies is actually even working? I have 07 Vanilla and 07 Data installed with FOMM but the weather effects, skies and lighting in general feels really bland so I'm not sure if it's actually on. I have it activated but I can't say for sure. The images on the nexus page look amazing compared to the stuff I'm seeing. :(

To see if its working, check if you have the Termo Hydrograph item in your apparel items.

To be sure its turned off correctly, save in an interior cell, exit the game, delete the mod data, load the game, wait 3 days, go outside just to see if it crashes or not, go back inside, save, exit, load up the new mods.

That seems to be the foolproof method, you probably don't need to go to quite that much effort.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Always put weather mods last in the load order. Having it as your first esp is probably loving poo poo up big time.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

These Loving Eyes posted:

Arrath posted:

To see if its working, check if you have the Termo Hydrograph item in your apparel items.

To be sure its turned off correctly, save in an interior cell, exit the game, delete the mod data, load the game, wait 3 days, go outside just to see if it crashes or not, go back inside, save, exit, load up the new mods.

That seems to be the foolproof method, you probably don't need to go to quite that much effort.

Nevada Skies 0.7 takes a different approach to weather. As I understand it, it applies Nevada Skies weather effects but uses vanilla lighting to retain the original feel of the game. The screenshots on the Nexus are of prior installments (notably 0.6.3) many of which use the "special moods" features that are combinations of dramatic lighting effects and oversaturated colors / filters. It also lacks the Thermo Hygrograph, the instrument used to control weather variables in previous versions.

Rule of thumb: Get your weather mods as high on the load order as you can get them. But in this particular case, I think the problem is that you're using Nevada Skies 0.7 and not 0.6.3.

If you want to minimize conflicts on an existing save, go into an interior cell, make a new save, and exit. Deactivate Nevada Skies, load the interior save game, and make another new save. Exit, load F3NV Project Reality, and activate it. Load that second "clean save" and continue from there.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 5, 2011

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Rule of thumb: Get your weather mods as high on the load order as you can get them.

Really? BOSS always puts Nevada Skies below everything but Interior Lighting Overhaul for me.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Nevada Skies 0.7 takes a different approach to weather. As I understand it, it applies Nevada Skies weather effects but uses vanilla lighting to retain the original feel of the game. The screenshots on the Nexus are of prior installments (notably 0.6.3) many of which use the "special moods" features that are combinations of dramatic lighting effects and oversaturated colors / filters. It also lacks the Thermo Hygrograph, the instrument used to control weather variables in previous versions.

Well this is what I get for not trying new things.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Really? BOSS always puts Nevada Skies below everything but Interior Lighting Overhaul for me.

I guess "high" and "below" might be bad terms to use. Get weather mods to load after most of your other mods, basically. :science:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I guess "high" and "below" might be bad terms to use. Get weather mods to load after most of your other mods, basically. :science:

Ah yeah, I guess you meant "high" as in ModIndex and I meant "below" as in sorting them in a descending list. Makes sense.

These Loving Eyes
Jun 6, 2009
Thanks for the fast replies everyone! Seconding Arrath, I thought vanilla didn't mean what it actually did. Well, live and learn I guess.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Are there any other good interior lighting mods besides Interior Lighting Overhaul? I like the concept behind ILO, but I find it makes a lot of areas much darker than it seems like they should be - I don't mind the abandoned warehouses and vaults being dark (in fact I prefer it that way), but even areas like the McCarren airport terminal are filled with pitch black with little pools of light, which doesn't really make a lot of sense for such a high traffic area. It's like, did the NCR not string up a few portable lights or anything? They've got generators everywhere.

Anyway, something that has a nice balance between dark interiors and well lit interiors for populated areas would be good.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Hm, I guess you can just chalk it up to me not having great hardware. But, I do think it's weird that only some of the AG weapons affect the framerate, especially when they're all just using vanilla assets. Oh well.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Horns posted:

Hm, I guess you can just chalk it up to me not having great hardware. But, I do think it's weird that only some of the AG weapons affect the framerate, especially when they're all just using vanilla assets. Oh well.

I don't think it's that. I'm on an i7 HD5850 with 8 gigs of DDR3 and a pretty clean, optimized setup. For the most part, my PC manhandles the game even at 1920 x 1080 and quality AA / AF settings. But for whatever reason, holding the Stitcher would cause the strangest framerate skipping. It wasn't like a sharp drop in FPS so much as a stutter, though. Very odd.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Incorrectly copied and pasted bits in nifskope can cause glitches like notes/material properties that look like they are named but are actually blank OR even worse auto assign some sort of animation call tag to a material property. A lot of times this will cause crashes with your game either instantly or over time, but I imagine it would also drop performance even if it doesn't crash right away since the game's trying to apply animations to texture properties...

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It may have issues, but Requiem for a Capital Wasteland is a good mod. Just might need to readjust the weather mod that Cream-of-Plenty linked that worked in both NV and F3. That said, it's fun doing the DLC for Fallout 3 in New Vegas. Even if it goofs up and lets you bring your NV companions over.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Naky posted:

TA has a two cutlasses but they aren't curved.

Just downloaded The Armory. Cut rear end is acceptable for my swording needs, and the M14 has replaced that standalone FAL (and its cave with like 30 npcs that slows the game to a crawl) as my favourite rifle in the game.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Naky posted:

Incorrectly copied and pasted bits in nifskope can cause glitches like notes/material properties that look like they are named but are actually blank OR even worse auto assign some sort of animation call tag to a material property. A lot of times this will cause crashes with your game either instantly or over time, but I imagine it would also drop performance even if it doesn't crash right away since the game's trying to apply animations to texture properties...

That's very interesting. With the amount of copied and pasted pieces that make up AG's weapons, I wouldn't be particularly surprised if it turns out a couple of them are having problems like you're describing...

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Pvt. Gilbert companion seems to be everything you'd want from a companion mod without the bizarre poo poo they often tack on. It's new and I haven't tried it much but it brings a lot of good ideas to the table.

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn
Jul 11, 2006

You may not know it yet, but I'm your worst nightmare.

Chronojam posted:

Pvt. Gilbert companion seems to be everything you'd want from a companion mod without the bizarre poo poo they often tack on. It's new and I haven't tried it much but it brings a lot of good ideas to the table.

Adult link...? Is this a gay guy cosplaying as a soldier or what?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn posted:

Adult link...? Is this a gay guy cosplaying as a soldier or what?

you can make her strip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Ostensibly, I'm not sure why it's considered an adult link. It's not like it's a boner mod or Sonic cosplay rape simulator.

That being said,

This is the breadth of dialogue options for the companion. It includes such titillating subjects as, "I have a book I want you to read." and "I want to manage your clothing." Obey me, Wendy. Read this book on religion and wear what God commands you to! Now, place this boner mod on yourself and have sex with that buff Ratchet from "Ratchet and Clank".