Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Joe Don Baker posted:

Where are you guys hearing all this?

The internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

AxeManiac posted:

The intahnet.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Hah, remember him lighting up Gary for letting everyone in the office take home tapes? :monocle:

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/05/sirius-xm-2-0-launching-later-this-year-bringing-on-demand-howa/

On Demand would be pretty cool, as well as program your own music channels ala slacker and pandora.

Big O&A vs Stern fight going on in the comments.

Burden fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 6, 2011

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
:3: happy for Richard.

Also, High Pitch Mike is in the bride's limo with all the bridesmaids and he looks as hideous as ever.

I love seeing the staff having a good time at these things, makes you realize they're not all horrible people.

- not pictured: Howard Stern, Robin Ophelia Quivers

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Richard will have more happiness in his life then Howard or Robin ever will.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

Sal's marriage though seems to be going as nicely as ever.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Holy poo poo Richard looks good. Even Sal looks like he lost weight too, good on them.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

He already does. He's a sweet guy, he does what he loves, and he has a kind and loving relationship with his wife. I wish the guy the best.

And since I'm generous, I hope Sal gets divorced and finds his funny side and grows as a human being. Because why not? He deserves some happiness that doesn't end in horrid misogyny. :unsmith:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Crotch Bat posted:

- not pictured: Howard Stern, Robin Ophelia Quivers

I'm not seeing Fred either.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

KKKLIP ART posted:

Holy poo poo Richard looks good. Even Sal looks like he lost weight too, good on them.

Actually he looks pretty gaunt. I think he went overboard with the weight loss to some extent. Maybe the extra bit was just for the wedding and now he can slow down a bit and maybe add 10 healthy pounds back on and even out a bit.

-Atom- posted:

I didn't see Fred or Gary but I don't think Fred avoided the wedding because it inconvenienced his life in some fashion, he's just pretty anti-social. I can't remember if Gary had a legit excuse or not.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

-Atom- posted:

Even if he was there, you wouldn't see Fred. He has that quirk.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Boy those are some terrible photos, lots of contrived poses/shots and some awful framing for an alleged professional. Could have gotten this level of stuff from leaving a disposable digital camera on each table for the guests to use at the reception and then combining then results into an album. I hope the photographer gave them to the couple as a "gift".

Christy Christie, I can't not laugh.

Also pleeeeease let that be an actual Howard leak and not a hoax. Please.

Master Kush
Aug 8, 2007

Those pictures are beautiful. How do they shoot it like that? What kind of camera are they using? That is PRO and makes me want to get into photography.

ziglol
Oct 13, 2006

I'm happy for Richard. :unsmith:

It would have been nice if some of "Fab 5" actually turned up, even just for the after party or something. You can act like a normal person sometimes.

ziglol fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Aug 6, 2011

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Vakal posted:

Sal's marriage though seems to be going as nicely as ever.

daveslash
Jan 8, 2002

enemy light post spotted
Wow, Richard looked a lot better with a bit more weight on him.

CapnPyro
Mar 18, 2003
I draw stuff.
I'm not adjusted yet to richard looking like that. it looks like he's skinny but with no muscle.. it's a little.. awkward, it's like his skin needs to resize to his current body. looks like a fun wedding, and to me the style of the photos comes off as so contrasty and trendy that it comes back around to being cool again. it's so over the top in that style, it's like the ed hardy of photos

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I've come to realize I have no artistic taste in photography. As long as poo poo is in focus and doesn't have a blurry thumb over it I generally think it's a good picture. Friends show me their wedding pictures all the time and to a one they all bitch about their photographer and all I can do is just nod in agreement when really I think the pictures are fine.

Plenty of other things I'm picky about but I guess pictures aren't one of them.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hearing about anything going good in Richard's life just makes my day :unsmith:

And to quote Riley Martin- Howard I say this to you with the utmost sincerity and wisdom: gently caress you in your stupid rear end with a tool the size of your nose for spending days whining like a weak bitch because Richard's wedding would be in the summer and you might be hot or inconvenienced. The world isn't all about you.

edit: you won't find Howard or Robin in these photos because in all of these photos you see people having fun

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
I think stern's twitter was just hacked since he's telling me he just enterted to win an ipad2 from something.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Master Kush posted:

Those pictures are beautiful. How do they shoot it like that? What kind of camera are they using? That is PRO and makes me want to get into photography.

It looks like possibly a fish eye lens based on the photos posted here. Hard to say what the camera is but probably high end Nikon or Canon.

It's interesting, I guess, but I don't think it's very suitable for wedding photography.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Crotch Bat posted:

I've come to realize I have no artistic taste in photography. As long as poo poo is in focus and doesn't have a blurry thumb over it I generally think it's a good picture. Friends show me their wedding pictures all the time and to a one they all bitch about their photographer and all I can do is just nod in agreement when really I think the pictures are fine.

Plenty of other things I'm picky about but I guess pictures aren't one of them.

I do photography as a weekend gig, and people in pictures tend to look at photos a lot differently than someone just looking at the photo itself. A gorgeous photo with all the good stuff won't sell if the person paying for the photos doesn't like the way their hair looks.

Sand Monster posted:

It looks like possibly a fish eye lens based on the photos posted here. Hard to say what the camera is but probably high end Nikon or Canon.

It's interesting, I guess, but I don't think it's very suitable for wedding photography.

For crowded dance floors in receptions, a wide-angle lens is the only way to get a bunch of people in the picture without requiring ten feet of space between you and the subject. It also just helps in capturing a lot of energy and movement. Not a rule, but it's what you'll typically see in wedding photos. For the actual ceremony, telephoto lenses are used to isolate a subject or subjects from their surroundings, which you see in the earlier photos.

Good lenses are a must for great photos like the ones of Richard's wedding, but the most important element in them is diffusing the flash so it doesn't look like a mugshot. Wedding photographers typically have their flash mounted on a bracket about a foot away from the lens, fired through something like this to spread the light around.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

bisticles posted:

For crowded dance floors in receptions, a wide-angle lens is the only way to get a bunch of people in the picture without requiring ten feet of space between you and the subject.

That does make sense, but I don't understand using that lens for the picture of Sal and his wife. Sal is somewhat goofy looking to begin with, but it's a very unflattering photograph. I wouldn't want to be photographed like that.

ziglol
Oct 13, 2006

High pitch mike & JD dancing together. :laugh:

Also, I can't decide between the two, for who wins worst dressed.

ziglol fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 6, 2011

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Look at the puffy neck on JD. Dude's blowing up to Robin-size.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

kylej posted:

Look at the puffy neck on JD. Dude's blowing up to Robin-size.

I couldn't figure out who HPM was with, thought is was a lesbian before you guys pointed it out.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Good shot of the Stern show crew that attended the wedding. I like how you can see creepy Jon Hein way in the back. Sal is about to pour some beer on Ronnie.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Depace looks plastered and HPM's shirt really is absolutely garish.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Wasn't there a thing awhile back about Lisa G dressing in bright outfits so she stood out over everyone else, or am I misremembering?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Phelan's van dyke is too small for his face. And it's not clear, but did High Pitch Mike catch the bouquet?

Master Kush
Aug 8, 2007

ziglol posted:

High pitch mike & JD dancing together. :laugh:

Also, I can't decide between the two, for who wins worst dressed.

Hahaha that is great. Right click save....

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Howard must be so pissed about the leak. I hope its real.

Even if its not, you know how much he hates mistaken identity stuff, someone burned him good.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Vakal posted:

Wasn't there a thing awhile back about Lisa G dressing in bright outfits so she stood out over everyone else, or am I misremembering?

I was actually going to post the same thing. I think they complained about her dressing with bright colors for the staff photo or something like that and Lisa claims she didn't know the photo was taken that day.

Edit: Found it. From 2008 http://www.howardstern.com/archive.hs?h=1201

Burden fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 7, 2011

Master Kush
Aug 8, 2007

the best wedding picture is the one where all the women are in the limo laughing it up and you see high pitch mike's face in the corner staring creepily at the camera. drat I wish I knew how to post images.

Priapist
Aug 10, 2002

Heeeere's Herbie!
If this Deadline article is accurate, sources at Paramount have confirmed that it was Howard's copy of Super 8 that leaked.

quote:

I'm told by studio insiders that Paramount indeed pressed a copy of Super 8 for the Stern show and that it has leaked. The studio has already conducted its own investigation. Right now, they have no indication that anyone from Stern's show was involved, and don't know how the copy made it into the hands of pirates.

I don't think there will even be a mention of it on the show. It's too embarrassing for Howard and there are some serious legal issues involved.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Priapist posted:

I don't think there will even be a mention of it on the show. It's too embarrassing for Howard and there are some serious legal issues involved.

I just want to wait and see if he has the balls to bitch about not getting screeners again.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Has he talked about Super 8? I haven't listened much to the show lately. If not, he'll just say he never received it and that someone must have intercepted it before it got to him. I mean, either way, he'll deny he or his staff had any involvement and I doubt it will affect his whining about getting screeners.

Unfortunately, Deadline pretty much makes poo poo up, so I wouldn't necessarily take that article seriously.

lol some of the Tweets are funny:

quote:

tweethitler: Will you be releasing the new planet of the apes movie too? @howardstern

jaeboy83: @HowardStern sorry to bring this to your attention but i have just downloaded a copy of super 8 that has H STERN watermarked in the corner

Fish2193: @HowardStern why does my boot leg dvd say H. STERN in the corner?

jgotelli: @HowardStern watching the copy of #super8 that you put out there. Great quality. Thanks for the upload!

mike_def: @howardstern Good job getting revenge on those movie companies that would never lend you movies by leaking Super 8! Man of the people!

DesignerDon: @HowardStern Time to fire Ralph now? #Super8Leak

KenTruffen@HowardStern hey pal, can I borrow Super 8 when your uncles best friends dentist returns it to you? Of course I'm joking. But can I borrow?

Smeep fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 7, 2011

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
My brothers and I have been laughing about this all night. My one brother even pointed out that Howard must not have like it very much since none of us ever heard him say word one about it.

I'm sure someone on his end leaked it - he works with a lot of degenerates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Kelly posted:

My brothers and I have been laughing about this all night. My one brother even pointed out that Howard must not have like it very much since none of us ever heard him say word one about it.

I'm sure someone on his end leaked it - he works with a lot of degenerates.

They're all computer-illiterate, though, if Techno Beaver is the genius of the bunch. I can't imagine who among the cast of numbskulls we know about could have figured out how to upload anything. Which actually makes it worse, because it probably means one of those idiots must have passed it on to someone even further removed from Howie.

"Listen, I let someone who I totally trust borrow it for a night ... I can't be responsible for what happens once it's out of my hands."

Actually the more I think about it, my guess is he'll combine Not My Fault with It Isn't Real:

"I am telling you Robin, I personally told my assistant to shred it, so I don't know how it could have happened. It must not be real. Someone must have Photoshopped my name on the screen!"