Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Pissflaps posted:

Your imagination must be pretty impressive.

I'm pretty used to MLS bad since I lived in the states for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008
Don't see what's so bad about that Gijon jersey. It's white/red with vertical stripes. The city name and the sponsor are maybe placed somewhat clumsily.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Has Bordeaux's or PSG's been posted in here?

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Green Eyed Loco-Man posted:

Don't see what's so bad about that Gijon jersey. It's white/red with vertical stripes. The city name and the sponsor are maybe placed somewhat clumsily.
the club playing in red and white stripes as opposed to white with a little bit of red on top is a fairly big deal for them i guess

i mean, the club's nickname even is the rojiblancos

it's not too ugly per se (apart from the sponsors), i'd agree, it's just not s Sporting Gijon shirt

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Figured I'd cross post this from the NHL thread. Some guy went in and turned a bunch of hockey jerseys into football jerseys. Some of them are really good.

http://majupra.imgur.com/futbol_hockey_kit#QhCVw

Lowden Swain
Jul 11, 2006
can't hold his mud

Jovial Cow posted:

Figured I'd cross post this from the NHL thread. Some guy went in and turned a bunch of hockey jerseys into football jerseys. Some of them are really good.

Football jerseys are more than just creating something where you have "free" space to slap on a loving sponsor.

These are poo poo.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Lowden Swain posted:

Football jerseys are more than just creating something where you have "free" space to slap on a loving sponsor.

These are poo poo.

Because they aren't a solid color a la all the tailored by umbro stuff? I think the designs themselves are solid.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Jovial Cow posted:

These would be better if they weren't made by Reebok.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

Jovial Cow posted:

Because they aren't a solid color a la all the tailored by umbro stuff? I think the designs themselves are solid.

They all look like something you'd see in MLS or NASL. They're pretty gaudy, but that's just my opinion.

It's a nice idea I guess.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

partipo posted:

They all look like something you'd see in MLS or NASL. They're pretty gaudy, but that's just my opinion.

It's a nice idea I guess.

Haha, no. They are worse than what you'd see in the MLS, barring maybe the Sounders jerseys.

e: A couple are okay, though.

Lowden Swain
Jul 11, 2006
can't hold his mud

Jovial Cow posted:

I can think of like a dozen designs by Umbro off the top of my head that don't fit that criteria.

Those aren't football strips, they're NASCAR shirts.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
some are bad, I think the Avalance white is pretty sweet though.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

grvm posted:

some are bad, I think the Avalance white is pretty sweet though.
West Ham Avalanche

I like the Maple Leaf shirts for their simplicity and the Stars ones as well (although the white one makes me think "Go Packers!"). The others are, as pointed out, very gaudy.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Move the Blue Jackets to Cleveland and I would Wear The gently caress Out of the Ohio-flag-patterned shirt.

PreMoo
Sep 23, 2010
Soccertriads kit vs original kits
soccertriad kit

For reference I used the 2009/10 home kit to compare.

I ordered the Soccertriad one sometime in July but they only shipped it around August 1st and I just got it today (Toronto) so delivery was pretty quick. The original kit is smoother? made of higher quality I guess but overall it feels pretty good. The fake kit has all the adidas logo and circle tag at the bottom also. The crest feels similar to the original also.

Overall the kit looks good and feels identical to the original kit.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I've found that Soccer Triads are really good at making Adidas kits, but not so good at Nike ones. Strange.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"

Inter Away

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

That'd be a really cool photo if everyone wasn't squinting.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
no, that's what makes the photo cool...much better than that lovely snake from last season

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

NinjaSteve posted:

That'd be a really cool photo if everyone wasn't squinting.

They just wish they were playing in the Club World Cup like Santos.

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.

PreMoo posted:

Soccertriads kit vs original kits
soccertriad kit

For reference I used the 2009/10 home kit to compare.

I ordered the Soccertriad one sometime in July but they only shipped it around August 1st and I just got it today (Toronto) so delivery was pretty quick. The original kit is smoother? made of higher quality I guess but overall it feels pretty good. The fake kit has all the adidas logo and circle tag at the bottom also. The crest feels similar to the original also.

Overall the kit looks good and feels identical to the original kit.

I had ordered a German WC2010 Home kit from Soccertriads and I was impressed. However, after a few washes the black colouring on the crest turned out to be a layer of plastic which peeled off, leaving the discoloured crest behind. It's still wearable and I don't know if the official crests are similarly made from two layers - one black coat on a gold base - but I would definitely be happier if it hadn't happened. For the cost I would still buy from them again.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Most of my Triads poo poo is fine. I think I have 6 of them.

The English World Cup 2010 was irregular, it had a stain on it but otherwise fine. May have been a metaphor.

The Dortmund one I had, is peeling off after a number of washes though I often wear it to the gym. The Kappa and Evonik stuff looks kinda lovely.

My adidas and Nike jerseys are all fine though.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

NinjaSteve posted:

I've found that Soccer Triads are really good at making Adidas kits, but not so good at Nike ones. Strange.

My France away shirt from Triads is pretty great. Thinking about it, I've never seen a real one though, so it may actually be shite. :iiam:

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

My France away shirt from Triads is pretty great. Thinking about it, I've never seen a real one though, so it may actually be shite. :iiam:

The sailor one? I have that, it's been great but a little short so haven't worn it much (chose S over M)

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I've ordered 4 shirts from soccer triads. The first one I ordered for the WC is still absolutely perfect. The next one is basically falling apart, the badge and the sleeve logos are hanging off of it, I just sleep in it. The two most recent ones (same material as the knackered one) seem to be holding up fine but they've probably only been washed 4 or 5 times each.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I bought some Porto away shirts from Soccer Triads for 5-a-side, and found that the material, while feeling roughly the same, and looking the same, is maybe a bit more plastic-y, and has no stretch to it, while a legit Nike shirt seems to have a bit more give, is a bit more breathable, and nicer to the touch. The fact that they have no stretch in them means that I can't even get out of mine after I play, it gets stuck on my head and I look like an idiot. Their numbers and names are all coming off too, although they iron back on just fine.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

hadji murad posted:

They just wish they were playing in the Club World Cup like Santos.

I wonder I they'll move the Coppa Italia badge over the Nike sign after Barcelona win the CWC.

Kempo
Oct 8, 2006

How do you lot find their sizing? Big, small, bang on? I like my shirts not baggy (my Arsenal shirt is a medium and fits my huge muscles nicely).

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
A touch baggy for me. But that's because I'm fairly tall with wide shoulders but not a big chest so a lot of things hang off like a tent. Any other sportswear I have fits pretty well though.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

hadji murad posted:

The sailor one? I have that, it's been great but a little short so haven't worn it much (chose S over M)

I had the opposite problem. I got a XL, and it's far too big. Good quality though, I still wear it to the gym and stuff. I like the little touches they've put on it like the writing on the back of the crest.

E: I'm usually a medium/large, I didn't want to end up with something that was too tight if they ran small so I went for the XL since there's no large offered, but it's really big. I think a Medium would've done it.

MyChemicalImbalance fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Aug 10, 2011

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Aberdeen away, lovely lovely kit imho

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Kempo posted:

How do you lot find their sizing? Big, small, bang on? I like my shirts not baggy (my Arsenal shirt is a medium and fits my huge muscles nicely).

The Porto away shirt in a medium is way too small for me, at 6ft and 85kg, but I'm normally kinda between a large and a medium anyway so I guess sizing is pretty normal?

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

T. Finn posted:

Would have been a perfect Liverpool away, i hope warrior dont make terrible kits

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

T. Finn posted:

reminds me of ajax. really nice

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Pity about the scumbags that will wear it. Tee hee.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

The Natural posted:

Pity about the scumbags that will wear it. Tee hee.

Hah! Hopefully that away kit will be the only good thing going for them this season. I'm almost ashamed to say it's better than our new away strip revealed a week or two ago.

They say it's silver, but we all know it's bloody grey. Thinly veiled reasoning being it's 20 years since we won our last piece of silverware(get it?). Really they should've just stuck with the classic Motherwell away colours, either white, claret or maybe black for a bit of a change. Anytime they choose a different colour it looks poo poo. I still remember the horrible Celtic-esque neon green thing from 97-98. Anyway shame as I think it'd look great in white.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Hah! Hopefully that away kit will be the only good thing going for them this season. I'm almost ashamed to say it's better than our new away strip revealed a week or two ago.

They say it's silver, but we all know it's bloody grey. Thinly veiled reasoning being it's 20 years since we won our last piece of silverware(get it?). Really they should've just stuck with the classic Motherwell away colours, either white, claret or maybe black for a bit of a change. Anytime they choose a different colour it looks poo poo. I still remember the horrible Celtic-esque neon green thing from 97-98. Anyway shame as I think it'd look great in white.

Didn't Motherwell have a grey top round about the Andy Goram era? I'm sure I remember a game at Ibrox where you played in Grey.

Our 3rd kit is pretty bland too.

Although I hated our away top until I seen it in person and fell in love with the long sleeve version.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

The Natural posted:

Didn't Motherwell have a grey top round about the Andy Goram era? I'm sure I remember a game at Ibrox where you played in Grey.

Our 3rd kit is pretty bland too.

Although I hated our away top until I seen it in person and fell in love with the long sleeve version.

Not a fan of that 3rd kit, though I do really like the away for this year. Liked it since I first saw it actually.

And I don't think we had a grey away top then, not that I can remember anyway. We did have a black and white Xara kit though, maybe that's what you're thinking of? drat I miss Motorola. A respectable sponsor. Still gently caress it, as long as the Cash Converters cheque clears I don't care. We're gonna need it now Boyle is out the picture and we're community owned now.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

T. Finn posted:

Who is this player and why does he look like the assault from Monday Night Combat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
I hope the Warrior kits are like lacrosse jerseys: extremely loose mesh and only come down about halfway down your ribcage :xd: