Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Asimo posted:

The uh, conversation earlier here reminds me of something I've mentioned in game before. Namely, how when you find some "sexy gurl" costume that's obviously done by a guy, bustiers and bare skin and all that stuff, take a good look at the character's face. More often than not, even with costumes that otherwise look like their creator spent a lot of time on them, the face is some sort of horrible derpy downs-mutant :downs: with widely-set eyes, a too-tiny nose, enormous fish mouth, and all sorts of similar things. Part of this is due to the default settings for female faces being horrible, but it isn't that hard to make a good looking one, and it shows either the creator's complete artistic ineptitude, or the fact they were focused... elsewhere while making it.

I've yet to be able to get the female face sliders into a configuration which doesn't look like a soulless plastic doll no matter how hard I try. I would disagree that it isn't hard to make a good looking one.

Honestly, the face is completely ruining the look of the female behemoth who's currently my main. I'd love any pointers you could offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Rocketlex posted:

I've yet to be able to get the female face sliders into a configuration which doesn't look like a soulless plastic doll no matter how hard I try. I would disagree that it isn't hard to make a good looking one.

Honestly, the face is completely ruining the look of the female behemoth who's currently my main. I'd love any pointers you could offer.
The real problem is that a lot of the female sliders are centered really wrong. There's several where the "good" or "realistic" options are skewed heavily to one side, unlike the male face where the default options are a good place to work from. My "default female" costume file has sliders set something like:

You can see a few trends here. Namely, the mouth width is way off to the left, the eye height is a bit to the right, the nose width is off to the right, and the nose position is way off to the left. These seem to be the biggest things to change in order to avoid derpface. For contrast, here's one with those centered:

You can see there's a rather... drastic difference there. The other face sliders seem to be a bit better balanced, and I usually don't mess around with them too much. I have the head size/height/width raised a little usually since the model tends to have something of a giraffe-neck effect, but it's usually pretty subtle unless you're going overkill with it. A lot depends on the sort of face options you pick in the actual Head Type costume menu, too; the "Diffuse" option has several that often get overlooked (like adding eyelashes).

In general you don't really need to overthink it. Since you won't be looking at folks up close too often, it will only really stand out if something's done wrong. Once you find a sweet spot, it's not a bad idea to save a "basic" or "default" costume that you can load up and work from to save you time later. The body sliders tend to be overdone as well; unlike the face, the default centered options are usually not too bad. In addition to the obivous "don't overdo the breasts and hips sliders dammit" there's other subtler things, like choosing an appropriate height and build. A lot of people max or min out the height slider and that just sort of looks weird in game next to other players and NPCs, and the build slider changes a lot of the character, if less so on female than male. I've seen people put it all the way to the left and it winds up looking like an anorexic skeleton monster, which you generally want to avoid. Unless you know, that's the concept.

But hit a good point, find a default you like, and you can do pretty well even with a somewhat bland costume like Comet Girl, here.

Asimo fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Aug 8, 2011

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
So someone told me CO's combat is more action oriented than City of Heroes? How much of a difference in gameplay between Coh and CO? Sure, I could download CO but I live in a poodunk country and semi-passable internet speed so I'd rather not spend days downloading 6 gigs of stuff only to find out I don't like it. Although the biggest turn-off of CO for me is the graphics. I just can't stand every human looking like a Poser figure. The costumes and creatures and robots look pretty sweet though.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

wid posted:

So someone told me CO's combat is more action oriented than City of Heroes? How much of a difference in gameplay between Coh and CO? Sure, I could download CO but I live in a poodunk country and semi-passable internet speed so I'd rather not spend days downloading 6 gigs of stuff only to find out I don't like it. Although the biggest turn-off of CO for me is the graphics. I just can't stand every human looking like a Poser figure. The costumes and creatures and robots look pretty sweet though.
The main difference in combat between CoH and CO is the energy mechanic used. CoH's Endurance (at least when I last played it, a few years ago) was more akin to a Mana bar, in that you had to pace your usage of it at risk of running out, and powers and enhancements and such that regenerated endurance were high priority. CO on the other hand is something more like a WoW Rogue's energy bar, in that you can deplete it quickly but it also regenerates quickly, usually after 1-3 seconds of autoattacking (every character has an "energy builder" power that does unexciting damage but regenerates energy rapidly), and there's powers and stats that make it even easier to work with. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but it changes a lot of the feel in practice; you're always doing something or able to do something, and you're usually able to be highly mobile if you want to be. There's other things, such as charged attacks that require holding down the button to power them up, block/parry powers that you can use to greatly reduce incoming damage (at the cost of not being able to attack/move meanwhile), and other things like that. It's not quite an action game, but the fact there's guides around for setting it up to be played with a 360 pad sort of says enough there. It's far from perfect, but it's one of the better combat engines in MMOs right now, especially once you get to the middle levels and have a wider variety of tricks to pull from.

Beyond that, there's some other important design differences. ChampO is a lot more focused on exterior zones rather than randomized instances, to the point where being in the world is somewhere around 80-90% of your leveling experience. It's a bit more like a traditional MMO in that way, but in practice it tends to work a lot better... mostly because the maps aren't loving insane like the classic office/cave/oranbega/etc maps of CoH, but also because it lets the devs set up spawns and patrols and such. There's also a lot less focus on the holy trinity and class roles and such, to the point where swapping between tank or DPS or something is a button press with a short cooldown (and some wise power choices). It's definitely a different feel in any case.

Graphically... hmm. I won't lie, ChampO does take a little getting used to, and it's very cartoony and stylized. But honestly City of Heroes looks like absolute poo poo (and frankly, always has; the face options and a bunch of other things have been horrible since day one and haven't gotten any prettier in the eight-odd years since), and the ChampO chargen allows for far, far wider options of build and appearance. There's a few things CoH has that CO still doesn't, sure, but I'll trade some Furry heads for the ability to make a big bruiser brick character without tiny little doll hands, thanks.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Bird people?? There is only one thing to do:

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rlTTx8YujGI/TOIHUrw4NzI/AAAAAAAAAdA/H9e5qlb5yVw/s1600/draft_lens2197088module11881077photo_1223149410sam-the-eagle-muppet-show.jpg][/img]

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

WarLocke posted:

Yeah, I remember reading about Kelp being the first time I saw someone taking Energy Blast and RPing it as water blasts. :neckbeard:

Yeah, I think other people have been doing it in CoH for probably about as long, but I was doin' that since a month or two after launch over there. I found out semi-recently that Energy Blast's visuals were actually salvaged from a failed attempt at making a Water Blast set, which made the whole thing kinda surreal to me. It doesn't work as well visually in CO though. I'm not much of an RPer these days anyway, or really around and playing much, just kind of pop into CO now and then to see how it's going since I have a Lifetime sub. And spend all my built up cryptic points on being able to fly around with a rainbow shooting out of my rear end.

Thanks for the answer, though, guys. Now I just gotta wait a month for my free points and I can be a geek better.

Is there any sort of general place I can check for build info stuff? My characters are kind of untouched since launch and I'm not really sure what to do with them now. Mostly I'm asking about a straightforward 'smash dudes in the face and don't die' Might build. But an archery one would be nice to see too.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Aug 8, 2011

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think your eyes and lips are still too big, Asimo.

The default I usually load up has eyes at 4 bubbles filled only. Mouth at just 1.

Asimo posted:

The uh, conversation earlier here reminds me of something I've mentioned in game before. Namely, how when you find some "sexy gurl" costume that's obviously done by a guy, bustiers and bare skin and all that stuff, take a good look at the character's face. More often than not, even with costumes that otherwise look like their creator spent a lot of time on them, the face is some sort of horrible derpy downs-mutant :downs: with widely-set eyes, a too-tiny nose, enormous fish mouth, and all sorts of similar things. Part of this is due to the default settings for female faces being horrible, but it isn't that hard to make a good looking one, and it shows either the creator's complete artistic ineptitude, or the fact they were focused... elsewhere while making it.

You can occasionally see hilarious results with other sliders too. I don't just mean maxing out the titometer, but also things like maxing out the hips slider without quite understanding that it is not, in fact, the counterpoint to the boob slider. It's absolutely loving hilarious.

I always leave the nose alone because it looks weird 90% of the other ways and I can never hit one that doesn't, but yeah lips and eye size down for sure. The nose doesn't look too bad when the rest is fixed.

Also you would think it's all guys, but it isn't. A lot of the time it's women doing it for attention, and (rarely) they know what typical MMO men are going to pay attention to, or (much more common) they're not very good at anatomy themselves. I mean, I cannot count the amount of strongman types who have short little arms that I've seen (And I can count very high. Almost to 4 digits!) and that one's not even hard. Inside of elbow at hips, it's like your body made a guideline for you. I don't know if they think muscles make your arms shrink or what.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Is there any sort of general place I can check for build info stuff? My characters are kind of untouched since launch and I'm not really sure what to do with them now. Mostly I'm asking about a straightforward 'smash dudes in the face and don't die' Might build. But an archery one would be nice to see too.

There's a Builds forum on the official site.

We're smarter than them though. Just ask us.

My Might character is still a bit low to give a good build, but there's a bunch of people with high level to max ones who I'm sure can give you one.

I have a level 40 Archery, but that's from launch. The set has changed quite a bit since I got there though so I don't feel like I can give you a good build attack-wise. I got to 40 using a bugged Sonic Arrow that cost 4 Energy fully charged so I literally used nothing else.

I can give you the basic defensive core though. No levels since I don't know when you'll want offenses.

You'll want to be the suggested Dex/Int, making sure to grab some Ego too.
Take Quarry as your passive.
Grab Bountiful Chi Resurgence with Resurgent Reiki since Quarry provides not negligible dodge. You will most likely want a traditional heal as backup, though. Resurgence is a good choice, since you're sure to have plenty of Constitution in your defense slot.
Get Masterful Dodge from Martial Arts. Using that with BCR is basically a full heal, and temporary invincibility.
Force Shield is probably your best choice for a block.
If you can fit it in, Form of the Tempest would be good. It won't raise any of your attack damage since it'll all be ranged, but you'll be critting a lot with Dex and the energy return won't be insignificant.
If you do end up with extra picks you might consider one of the Dragon attacks though (Kick goes well with an Archer theme since it doesn't use a weapon.) That will let you turn your Focus stacks into Rush for some extra energy, plus you can kick people in the face before you use Evasive Maneuvers to leap away.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Asimo posted:

Graphically... hmm. I won't lie, ChampO does take a little getting used to, and it's very cartoony and stylized. But honestly City of Heroes looks like absolute poo poo (and frankly, always has; the face options and a bunch of other things have been horrible since day one and haven't gotten any prettier in the eight-odd years since), and the ChampO chargen allows for far, far wider options of build and appearance. There's a few things CoH has that CO still doesn't, sure, but I'll trade some Furry heads for the ability to make a big bruiser brick character without tiny little doll hands, thanks.

Don't forget that Champions only has ONE FACE :argh:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LordSaturn posted:

There are at least 20 different faces when you consider Beast Heads.

God drat speciesist.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
You also have total control over the eyes, and can select normal maps for your face all on your own, as well as decals.

Considering most of the variety in faces in CoH was the eyes and facial expression, CO's honestly doing pretty good for that.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
Hey, the Super Goon Squad forums are back. Better save the Stephan profile/bio for future reference (someone was looking for it earlier). :v:

Kelp Plankton posted:

Might is pretty hard to get wrong.

The first thing you'll want to do is respec out of the first attack they give you, and get Roomsweeper. Apart from that, pick Unstoppable if you want to do damage, or Defiance to be more survivable. I personally prefer to pick Defiance either way, as the added survivability means I can clear stuff with less downtime and just keep going once I have a full stack of Enrage and Defiance.

Check out Bluhman's Brick writeup linked from the OP, if you want more specific pointers on Might, ask away.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
That was me, thanks. :v:

I prefer Unstoppable for Might, personally - with Laser Knight you're incredibly tough. Not quite Defiance/Invuln tough but still, my Might character is able to throw down with pretty much anything and come out on top.

For an Unstoppable character, Howl is 1000% better than Enrage for cycling stacks of Enraged!, with Roomsweeper being the choice stack builder. Once you've got 8 stacks, keep on howlin' and you'll keep those 8 stacks for forever.

IMO where Unstoppable wins out is due to the nature of the Brawler role vs Guardian/Protector. The latter don't take any particular hit to their damage, and the former doesn't take any particular hit to its defenses. With Unstoppable's secondary characteristic being damage resistance, and that stacking quite nicely with the bonus resist from Laser Knight, you are seriously unstoppable, a one-man loving wrecking ball.

:siren:MY GIRLFRIEND:siren: was playing a tricked out quarry/gigabolt spammer with me, back before the changes to both powers, and she literally could not keep up. Might hasn't had any real downtuning since then (changes to how knockback resistance is determined for a power's damage boost, really, and that mostly screwed Uppercut - but only a little) so any Might character is still basically going to wreck poo poo everywhere.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

The best part about might is the fall damage from Haymaker hitting for more than the actual power.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Aphrodite covered the defensives and support stuff for Archery. I'll throw this out there as a possible freeform PvE build:

1: Strafe (Aversion -- probably the only Energy Builder advantage you will ever want to take. Boosts your Dodge/Avoid when it crits.)
1: Straight Shot (Split the Arrow) - basic damage + damage resistance debuff. A very good opener against single targets.
6: Sonic Arrow (Deadly Dissonance) - AoE w/stun. Spam often.
8: Quarry (Rank 2, Rank 3) - excellent offensive and dodge/avoid boosts, rank up ASAP.
11: Torrent of Arrows (Relentless Recurve) - cone attack w/knockback. Another strong opener, knocks down even on a Tap, so it's a decent interrupt.
14: Hunter's Instinct - bonus energy on archery crits, which will be plentiful.

At this point you have your five non-EB powers covered, so you can start dipping into other sets:

17: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki) - healing that synergizes with your dodges. Keep as much of this running as you can.
20: Evasive Maneuvers - getting out of melee harm's way, improved dodge. I don't like this all that much because I don't like spamming it every 15 seconds, but I know others do, and every little bit of dodge helps.
23: Force Shield (Force Sheath) - a little more defense plus improved energy management, which you'll definitely want if you're in Avenger mode.
26: Masterful Dodge - god mode while BCR stacks are running.

This leaves you with four more power choices remaining, which you can tune as needed. (The order of the above isn't carved in stone, either.) Resurgence is a good CON-based large heal that can crit. Storm of Arrows is a decent maintain that can root if you take its advantage, Gas Arrow is basically Storm as a charge power, so I wouldn't take both. Try out Explosive Arrow with Where's the Kaboom (Tap does full explosion damage) Taser Arrow (paralyzer) or Focused Shot (poor man's Sniper Rifle). Some kind of active offense buff (Lock n Load, Immolation, Electric Sheath, Shadow Shroud) that boosts all damage and helps break holds will be useful.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

I'm working on a Heavy/Fire themed character and could possibly use a little help. I'm only mid 20s right now but against usual stuff I absolutely destroy everything. I can do regular missions which are 5 levels higher than me with no problems.

However the bosses of the adventure packs showed me that not having some kind of self healing really sucks for the long drawn out boss fights with multiple phases and all that.

What is a good heal to toss onto a build like this? I noticed Palliate is a % based heal which seems like it could be good for someone with no presence. Also is imbue as good as it looks for someone with super con? I might try to fit that somewhere to use with annihilate.

Here is my build so far:

anon: Level 40 Champion

Superstats:
Level 6: Super Strength
Level 13: Super Constitution

Powers:
Level 1: Bludgeon -- Until Morale Improves, Rank 2
Level 1: Cleave
Level 6: Eruption -- Magma Burst, Rank 2
Level 6: Phoenix Flight -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 8: Invulnerability -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 11: Fire Breath -- Rank 2, Spitfire
Level 14: Immolation -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 17: Thermal Reverberation
Level 20: Annihilate -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 23: Fire Shield
Level 26: Brimstone -- Rank 2, Aftershock
Level 29: Brute Strike -- Concussion
Level 32: Earth Splitter -- Bend the Earth, Rank 2
Level 35: Decimate
Level 35: Acrobatics
Level 38:

Talents:
Level 1: Superhuman
Level 6: Physical Conditioning
Level 9: Relentless
Level 12: Quick Recovery
Level 15: Bodybuilder
Level 18: Boundless Reserves
Level 21: Mighty

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 8, 2011

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Super CON means Resurgence is an excellent bet. It has a 90 second cooldown, but it heals for a lot and even more when it crits. (I always like Imbue in combination with that, as it makes your next power (including Resurgence) autocrit based on CON, but Resurgence can also stand alone.)

Palliate is indeed a %-based heal, but it scales with Presence, so it'll be gimpy compared to Resurgence if you have none. If you can jack Presence up a bit via equipment, consider that as a big heal or Conviction as your frequent band-aid.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Thanks for the feedback. Shuffled things around a little and now have this. Which looks a lot more balanced.

Level 40 Champion

Superstats:
Level 6: Super Strength
Level 13: Super Constitution

Powers:
Level 1: Bludgeon -- Until Morale Improves, Rank 2
Level 1: Cleave
Level 6: Eruption -- Magma Burst, Rank 2
Level 6: Phoenix Flight -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 8: Invulnerability -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 11: Fire Breath -- Rank 2, Spitfire
Level 14: Immolation -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 17: Thermal Reverberation
Level 20: Annihilate -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 23: Fire Shield
Level 26: Brimstone -- Aftershock
Level 29: Resurgence -- Rank 2
Level 32: Earth Splitter -- Bend the Earth, Rank 2
Level 35: Imbue
Level 35: Acrobatics
Level 38: Brute Strike -- Concussion

Talents:
Level 1: Superhuman
Level 6: Physical Conditioning
Level 9: Relentless
Level 12: Quick Recovery
Level 15: Bodybuilder
Level 18: Boundless Reserves
Level 21: Mighty

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

doomfunk posted:

:siren:MY GIRLFRIEND:siren: was playing a tricked out quarry/gigabolt spammer with me, back before the changes to both powers, and she literally could not keep up. Might hasn't had any real downtuning since then (changes to how knockback resistance is determined for a power's damage boost, really, and that mostly screwed Uppercut - but only a little) so any Might character is still basically going to wreck poo poo everywhere.

If that was before the Quarry change she was losing something like 70% damage on Gigabolt by using that terrible passive.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I think your eyes and lips are still too big, Asimo.

The default I usually load up has eyes at 4 bubbles filled only. Mouth at just 1.
Eh, that's where it comes down to the specific look you're going for, really. I mean it's good to have a baseline to work from, but you'll still want to make changes depending on the concept. I definitely aim lower more than larger though, and the basic advice on the whacked-out defaults is still true though. They could probably stand to add a few more sliders to both genders' faces though.

LordSaturn posted:

And that one face is still better than 95% of CoH's, especially considering they're just textures pasted onto the model that you can't really change anyway. :v:

Aphrodite posted:

If that was before the Quarry change she was losing something like 70% damage on Gigabolt by using that terrible passive.
Quarry wasn't too horrible beforehand, and it's pretty good now, but it's definitely a physical-focused passive power and syncs poorly with Elec stuff, yeah.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I just wish there were more nose sliders, especially for the nose bridge; I want hook noses. :(

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Rocketlex posted:

I absolutely suck with the character sliders. I'll generally just take one of the default female faces, decrease mouth width and eye size, and call it a day. Because if I start fiddling with individual sliders I'll just get a mongoloid look. Similarly, I generally just pick a default body (I like Slim) and shrink the man-hands a bit.

BlueDestiny posted:

The best part about might is the fall damage from Haymaker hitting for more than the actual power.

Force is fun about this too. :neckbeard:

delfin posted:

Super CON means Resurgence is an excellent bet. It has a 90 second cooldown, but it heals for a lot and even more when it crits. (I always like Imbue in combination with that, as it makes your next power (including Resurgence) autocrit based on CON, but Resurgence can also stand alone.)

On Dynamo Lass I retconed into a CON/END/rec build with Defiance, Imbue and Resurgence. I can confirm that Imbue and Resurgence with superstatted Con is just ridiculous.

My lovely idea of an electric build (two passives because gently caress why not):

Superstats:
Level 6: Super Constitution
Level 13: Super Endurance

Powers:
Level 1: Electric Bolt -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 1: Lightning Arc -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 6: Sparkstorm -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 6: Superspeed -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 8: Electric Form -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 11: Ionic Reverberation
Level 14: Gigabolt -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 17: Electric Shield -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 20: Electric Sheath
Level 23: Defiance -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 26: Inertial Dampening Field -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 29: Masterful Dodge
Level 32: Imbue
Level 35: Resurgence
Level 35: Teleport -- Rank 3, Rank 2
Level 38: Rebirth

Talents:
Level 1: Abyssal
Level 6: Boundless Reserves
Level 9: Enduring
Level 12: Energetic
Level 15: Quick Recovery
Level 18: Amazing Stamina
Level 21: Tireless

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 8, 2011

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

WarLocke posted:

On Dynamo Lass I retconed into a CON/END/rec build with Defiance, Imbue and Resurgence. I can confirm that Imbue and Resurgence with superstatted Con is just ridiculous.
I'd like Imbue more if it didn't proc off autoattacks. :argh:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Asimo posted:

That is pretty dumb, granted. Or you could take it with a set like mine, where most of my attacks are maintains so only the first tic crits. Sometimes I think I should have gone with Sonic Device instead even though I statted for Con.

Fake Edit: Back to trying to figure out a Force/Defiance/Protector build that can charge Cascade from rest now...

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

WarLocke posted:

I absolutely suck with the character sliders. I'll generally just take one of the default female faces, decrease mouth width and eye size, and call it a day. Because if I start fiddling with individual sliders I'll just get a mongoloid look. Similarly, I generally just pick a default body (I like Slim) and shrink the man-hands a bit.

The male face creation kinda sucks too if you're trying for anything realistic, but it works well enough if you're going for a kind of super-exaggerated Mr. Incredible look.

And I always go with premade body types because Jesus that can go off the rails in a hurry.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Asimo posted:

Worst OP ever.

/bind X "DefaultAutoAttack 0 $$ powertrayexec 1 X"

Turns off energy builder, uses Imbue. Replace the X with the slot Imbue is in. Remember count starts at 0. Both Xs don't have to be the same, of course.

(Changed to a macro that actually works, since I forgot EBs act oddly.)

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 8, 2011

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Asimo posted:

In addition to the obivous "don't overdo the breasts and hips sliders dammit"

This is another thing that peeves me off. Not so much that boobs default to max size (although that's kind of :wtc:) but the fact that all the textures for chest emblems are drawn for the max size boobs. So if you want to use an icon you either have megaboobs or it's distorted. :argh:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Worst OP ever.
:qq:

quote:

/bind X "DefaultAutoAttack 0 $$ powertrayexec 1 X"

Turns off energy builder, uses Imbue. Replace the X with the slot Imbue is in. Remember count starts at 0. Both Xs don't have to be the same, of course.

(Changed to a macro that actually works, since I forgot EBs act oddly.)
Oh, it's easy to work around. It's still dumb as poo poo design though. :v:

WarLocke posted:

This is another thing that peeves me off. Not so much that boobs default to max size (although that's kind of :wtc:) but the fact that all the textures for chest emblems are drawn for the max size boobs. So if you want to use an icon you either have megaboobs or it's distorted. :argh:
Nah, not quite that. Definitely scaled for the midway point though, and things get crazy distorted if you go towards a flat chest where they don't if you go larger. It's not just the textures, but also certain chest items and such; check out the cybernetic tubing on chest wear, where the plugs get tiny and the tubes pinched down, it's absurd.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, he's right. They're scaled for max.

It just doesn't affect all emblems at the same point.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

No, he's right. They're scaled for max.

It just doesn't affect all emblems at the same point.
:ughh:

Well, they know their audience I guess.

Cryptozoology
Jul 12, 2010
This is COMIC BOOKS bro. It'd be weird if all tits everywhere weren't bigger than your head by default. Also, make sure to crank leg length up to maximum, because nothing's sexier than a woman with legs 110% longer than her head + torso.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What superstats do you use on your LRBCR you've been talking about, Asimo?

Mine is currently Dex/Con, and has terrible energy issues.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

What superstats do you use on your LRBCR you've been talking about, Asimo?

Mine is currently Dex/Con, and has terrible energy issues.
That here too. And yes it definitely does (especially after throwing IDF onto the pile), and I'm not entirely sure how to rectify it. Focus helps some, so does having a Rush-granting attack, but it's just kind of obnoxious regardless. Not that it really matters as it's basically impossible to die, but the pacing's hurt a lot.

white quilt posted:

This is COMIC BOOKS bro. It'd be weird if all tits everywhere weren't bigger than your head by default. Also, make sure to crank leg length up to maximum, because nothing's sexier than a woman with legs 110% longer than her head + torso.
<Insert Bayonetta costume here>

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My energy generation is fine for now, it's my starting Equilibrium that absolutely sucks. I can Lunge into a group, then have to wait for energy to do anything.

What's worse is that Melee is so drat overpowered, my EB can easily kill a mob. Which means I then have to Lunge another, putting me too low for a full charge Dragon Kick to pop Rush and... it's very annoying.

I can't even really stack any Recovery, because my Offense slot is occupied by Strength and Dexterity.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

So I'm playing through the Demonflame pack and it just struck me: when you defeat an enemy with particle damage they should use the disintegration effect that the mental constructs die with. Would certainly make orbital striking everything in existence much more satisfying than it already is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay, it's time to start actually planning our CC.

I'm thinking Monday or Wednesday next week. Those are SPEAR days, and those idiots do it at like 2am EST so the rest of the day is usually pretty empty and/or filled with CCs run by morons so we'll fit right in.

The idea that seems to have the most traction is that we announce it as a mystery category CC, and make sure we have good prizes so people will actually show up. Whether we tell them in advance or only after winners are chosen depends on what works best for each category we've selected.

Provided they haven't spent all their money, we have 300g from Bluhman, 100 from jjac, 100 from Jan, and an unspecified amount from delfin. If anyone else wants to toss some in, speak up. I'm thinking something like 50g for prizes is the right balance for getting people to show up, and being able to do a bunch of them.

...In fact, it might be best if delfin hangs on to his cash for another time since the 500g from the first 3 gives us enough for 10 categories. 10 category CCs take like 40 minutes as it is, and I don't think our attention spans are that long. Or maybe more people toss in some and Bluhman can save some of his, or whatever. Or we give out larger prizes. I don't know, post and we'll see. Just keep in mind that a lot of our winners will be terrible, so let's not reward them too well.

Anyway, let's hear opinions about what our categories should be and any other gimmicks you can think of. A mostly unupdated list of previous ideas is in the second post of this thread.

At least one that's locked is the Lightning Round. That has to happen.

Another idea that people seemed to like is that we have a plant in the crowd, and we award him a made up 500g Best in Show prize or something.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

I've got a few

"Breast cancer awareness"

"Dictators of the southern hemisphere"

"Dressed by your mother"

"Most likely to be boycotted by the Westboro Baptists"

"Natural disasters of the 21st century"

"Raiders of the lost Goodwill"

"Zippers and belts"

"The Liefield awards" (Just noticed you have one already in the post, derp)

"Inbreeding extravaganza"

And the plant should be someone in a really bad dragon ball or inuyasha costume with an equally badly spelled name.

On a side note, since we're in the 3-day period for the retro pack do we get it randomly during this period or at the end of it?

BlueDestiny fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Aug 10, 2011

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BlueDestiny posted:

On a side note, since we're in the 3-day period for the retro pack do we get it randomly during this period or at the end of it?

Barring last minute problems, it's always the Wednesday morning.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
"Best use of two colors" There are a lot of terrible red/blue, red/black, etc. costumes.

"Most recently purchased from the c-store" for people who use one of those sets together.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Relevant to recent discussion: Best Use of Body/Face Sliders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

BlueDestiny posted:

???