Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

ChaosMonkey posted:

"Pervert camp"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MnatP_KHaw

Bob Levy is on one of the morning shows here in Albany now (PYX 106). He really does sound incredibly retarded every time he speaks. I'm willing to bet he can read at like a third grade level. Maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Ummm. I dont want to derail this thread, but surly I am not the only one who is curious about this "pervert camp" I have never heard of such a thing and am kinda interested on a "WTF is that all about" level.
You should totally go do an Ask/Tell thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2985751&pagenumber=105#lastpost

Basically imagine a forest full of leather weather ladies except most of them weigh over 300 pounds v:shobon:v

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

haljordan posted:

Bob Levy is on one of the morning shows here in Albany now (PYX 106). He really does sound incredibly retarded every time he speaks. I'm willing to bet he can read at like a third grade level. Maybe.

Levy always struck me as a high functioning slow adult. The problem is most people look at him as terrible, albeit normal, human being - they should instead look at Levy as a Beetlejuice or High Pitch Eric, only one who manages to take care of himself (somewhat) and earn a living (debatable).

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
Stern's right--his audience really DOES hate him. What the hell is wrong with you guys.

daveslash
Jan 8, 2002

enemy light post spotted
The show was live today? I pretty much forgot all about the show even existing. I've been a listener for 10 years and I really just don't even give a gently caress about the show anymore. :smith:

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Stern's right--his audience really DOES hate him. What the hell is wrong with you guys.

There's about 1-2 pages of valid arguments against how dire the show is becoming and how mental Stern's reactions are.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Well, how are people who don't listen to him supposed to be mad with the show?

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

daveslash posted:

The show was live today? I pretty much forgot all about the show even existing. I've been a listener for 10 years and I really just don't even give a gently caress about the show anymore. :smith:

The back half of the 10-year SIRIUS era is turning out to be a dud.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The worst part about this poo poo is that it guarantees that Bobo and Pittsburgh Pete get on air every loving day because they are the only two left that Howard knows are guaranteed to continue sucking his dick and telling him everything is fine.

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

I loved hearing Levy on Kidd Chris, he really was a high functioning retard, but he definitely helped out tons of new comics by putting them on his firehouse/hotel gigs and he was funny as gently caress when he made fun of Thomas.

I ended up listening to the Artie roast and Gary roast again today, I really miss the 2006 stern show, such a great time to be a fan.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Highly functioning retard or not, it was still funny as poo poo when he stepped in to read the Too Fat To Fish audiobook when Artie was too strung out to keep going.

And yes, I have to agree that the show is spiraling downward now and it's quite unfortunate. Hell, what's up with replaying all of those older Richard and Sal prank calls? Same thing seems to be happening on Bubba's RadioIO trainwreck when it comes to old Ned/Manson bits as well.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Highly functioning retard or not, it was still funny as poo poo when he stepped in to read the Too Fat To Fish audiobook when Artie was too strung out to keep going.

I loved how he would speak in that sing-songy way during really awful parts of the chapter that were supposed to be serious.

Also, +1 for the "Stern should have retired last contract" crowd. It really is a disappointment. I read this thread all the time to check up on any good stuff that happens, but nothing ever really does anymore. Sad.

dyn
Jan 9, 2005

Barn duelin' since '07
Fred is on fire today with Ronnie's voices

"CAN SHE WATCH A DOG??"

"CAN SHE SLEEP IN MY BED WHEN I'M NOT HOME??"

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Mr Hands Colon posted:

And yes, I have to agree that the show is spiraling downward now and it's quite unfortunate. Hell, what's up with replaying all of those older Richard and Sal prank calls? Same thing seems to be happening on Bubba's RadioIO trainwreck when it comes to old Ned/Manson bits as well.

I was on a car trip this weekend and listened to Too Fat To Fish end to end. Hearing Artie tell the story of his suicide attempt and talk about his Dad actually made me teary-eyed. I just feel so bad for Artie...

...but then Levy comes in to read and IS funny as poo poo when he reads. He mispronounces stuff, puts emphasis in weird areas, it's hysterical.

Daryl DBD posted:

I loved how he would speak in that sing-songy way during really awful parts of the chapter that were supposed to be serious.

Also, +1 for the "Stern should have retired last contract" crowd. It really is a disappointment. I read this thread all the time to check up on any good stuff that happens, but nothing ever really does anymore. Sad.

Ha - YES. He was so upbeat and happy reading it...it was very confusing. In a good way.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Eric the Midget's "10 Demandments" are loving radio gold. Best thing on the show in weeks.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Brocktoon posted:

Eric the Midget's "10 Demandments" are loving radio gold. Best thing on the show in weeks.

That was really great...what is wrong with him? (Totally rhetorical)

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Sirius/XM no longer carries BBC Radio 1. Looks like my girlfriend is going to cancel. That is literally the only station she listens to.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Those demands are ridiculous. Eric is out of his god-damned mind.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

Sirius/XM no longer carries BBC Radio 1. Looks like my girlfriend is going to cancel. That is literally the only station she listens to.

Did that just start this week or is there another BBC station that runs music?

pepperoniroller
Sep 11, 2001

FogHelmut posted:

What the gently caress? When did this happen? I was just listening to that station a day or two ago

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Looks like I might be canceling as well. Besides Stern, this is really the only other channel I listen to. Why would they get rid of such a well programmed station?

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Those demands are ridiculous. Eric is out of his god-damned mind.

I wanted to love that bit so much, and it was the first time since the Kendra saga that I've sat in the office parking lot and listened for an extra 15 minutes. It started to come off as a little forced, and really started to smell of a "work"

The midget is detached from reality for sure, but I dont think he's at the level of detachment where he thinks Athletics, Giants, UFC and WWE tickets are a reasonable demand, along with starring television roles and a carte blanche whorehouse trip, all in compensation for calling into a radio show.

I found it interesting that Pit Boss was willing to put him on, contingent that he call into the Stern Show. Thats kind of a unique promotion method and I was impressed.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Did that just start this week or is there another BBC station that runs music?

pepperoniroller posted:

What the gently caress? When did this happen? I was just listening to that station a day or two ago

Burden posted:

Looks like I might be canceling as well. Besides Stern, this is really the only other channel I listen to. Why would they get rid of such a well programmed station?

I think it started (ended) today. I tuned in and they were running an announcement saying where you could hear songs that BBC1 played. I doubt there's a dubstep station on Sirius, or a station that plays Euro songs a few months before they make it to the US.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

FogHelmut posted:

Yeah this really pissed me off this morning. It's one of the few good music channels left and now they've canned it. What the gently caress is wrong with them? They don't have any other channels that play that type of music.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Alkaphanel posted:

I wanted to love that bit so much, and it was the first time since the Kendra saga that I've sat in the office parking lot and listened for an extra 15 minutes. It started to come off as a little forced, and really started to smell of a "work"

The midget is detached from reality for sure, but I dont think he's at the level of detachment where he thinks Athletics, Giants, UFC and WWE tickets are a reasonable demand, along with starring television roles and a carte blanche whorehouse trip, all in compensation for calling into a radio show.

I found it interesting that Pit Boss was willing to put him on, contingent that he call into the Stern Show. Thats kind of a unique promotion method and I was impressed.

Maybe we need to give the little midget a little more credit. It could have been a bit by Stern, or it could have been EtM knowing he's making unreasonable demands, which nets him 45 minutes of airtime without actually "calling in".

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

FogHelmut posted:

I doubt there's a dubstep station on Sirius, or a station that plays Euro songs a few months before they make it to the US.

Hey, if you don't like the content then don't listen. I bet you aren't a real fan anyway.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bonzo posted:

Hey, if you don't like the content then don't listen. I bet you aren't a real fan anyway.

Let me ask you somethin, pal. What do you do for a living?

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

Look, that's your opinion, and you're certainly entitled to it. I'm just saying that based on what I'm seeing and hearing, you're definitely in the minority.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Glumwheels posted:

Yeah this really pissed me off this morning. It's one of the few good music channels left and now they've canned it. What the gently caress is wrong with them? They don't have any other channels that play that type of music.

One of many things that they don't have any more.. no more punk channel, for example.

Also, a minor quibble, but I steam Sirius in my house, and listen to XM in my car, and for some reason, the NPR stations are totally different.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

FogHelmut posted:

That reminds me did anyone catch the news segment about the "angry vacation" dudes?

In it Gary said something like "I was surprised that this guy wasn't a jobless loser who sits at home all day listening. He has a job and a very busy life." That's the loving mentality they all have about anyone who complains. We're all unemployed losers who listen to the show in our underwear and have nothing better to do but complain. :rolleyes:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Glumwheels posted:

That reminds me did anyone catch the news segment about the "angry vacation" dudes?

In it Gary said something like "I was surprised that this guy wasn't a jobless loser who sits at home all day listening. He has a job and a very busy life." That's the loving mentality they all have about anyone who complains. We're all unemployed losers who listen to the show in our underwear and have nothing better to do but complain. :rolleyes:

Does he not understand that, with the exception of complaining, this is the exact description of a wack packer? Maryanne does nothing but listen to the show 24/7

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

Squashy Nipples posted:

One of many things that they don't have any more.. no more punk channel, for example.

Also, a minor quibble, but I steam Sirius in my house, and listen to XM in my car, and for some reason, the NPR stations are totally different.

Forget about the punk channel, I want "Special X" back...even if it's just online only.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

So my guess is that Howard won't be getting any screeners anymore. I anticipate his rant will go like this.

"Yeah I never really liked them anyway. I mean, they were kinda nice because you know, I can't go out to see movies because I'm so famous, and this was a way I could see new films. But the process is sooooooo hard. I have to have someone hand me a disk and then I have to figure out how to make my DVD player play them just right and there is that annoying message that pops up every 20 minutes. And DVDs are lame anyway. They should put it on an iPad. Anyway...movies are lame anyway. I'm working on a project now for a movie but the technology really isn't there yet for what I want to do. And since I've been taking photography lessons all I can see are the inaccuracies with the camera lenses. I mean, between that and writing bits, who has time? Anyway, Gary is giving me the high sign, let's get Joan Rivers in here and see what she's up to."

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Gary brought up that his son wants the new Kanye CD and he doesn't know where he should go to buy it.

Howard: Where would you go to even buy a CD these days? Everyone downloads off of itunes!
Robin: Well you can still go to a barns and noble, or a borders...though borders is closing, haha. Where will you go?

Meanwhile nearly every store that sells electronics in the known universe has a rack of CDs at checkout. I'm not usually bothered by the 'cast members are out of touch' moments but this one was just ridiculous, as if not a single member of the show knows that places like walmart or target or, gently caress, grocery stores sell CDs?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Glumwheels posted:

That's the loving mentality they all have about anyone who complains. We're all unemployed losers who listen to the show in our underwear and have nothing better to do but complain. :rolleyes:

I think they forget that the show is on a pay service too. It's $13 a month minimum to hear their show and the rates are now going up, so how many "unemployed losers" are going to make up their audience?

Holy Calamity! posted:

I'm not usually bothered by the 'cast members are out of touch' moments but this one was just ridiculous, as if not a single member of the show knows that places like walmart or target or, gently caress, grocery stores sell CDs?

I think I've mentioned this before, but periodically Robin will do a news story about those polls that test who is in touch with average American life and who isn't. She'll ask Howard if he knows what the price of a gallon of milk is and he always answers something insane like $10, proving how distanced he is from real life.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo the list of demands. Amazing.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Former Human posted:

I think I've mentioned this before, but periodically Robin will do a news story about those polls that test who is in touch with average American life and who isn't. She'll ask Howard if he knows what the price of a gallon of milk is and he always answers something insane like $10, proving how distanced he is from real life.

They actually did a bit on this many years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM7FFvti1e8

Pretty funny.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Former Human posted:

It's $13 a month minimum to hear their show and the rates are now going up, so how many "unemployed losers" are going to make up their audience?

Which explains why we don't really have any new whack pack members. That contest they ran was stupid and nobody even hears from that guy. But now the whack pack is just bobo and that other guy that calls in all the time.

null_user01013 fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 9, 2011

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Was Fratto on the phone when Eric made his demands? Because if he was involved then its probably not real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Evil Agita posted:

Was Fratto on the phone when Eric made his demands? Because if he was involved then its probably not real.

Of course he was, and I think all things Eric is a bit.

Still funny though!