Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I used to love the midget before Fratto got all up in his business and made him a fake. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Evil Agita posted:

I used to love the midget before Fratto got all up in his business and made him a fake. :(

Me too, but now the bit's just morphed into how pathetic, delusional and transparent the little gently caress is, where as he used to just be a delusional little gently caress with a funny voice.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Bonzo posted:

So my guess is that Howard won't be getting any screeners anymore. I anticipate his rant will go like this.

"Yeah I never really liked them anyway. I mean, they were kinda nice because you know, I can't go out to see movies because I'm so famous, and this was a way I could see new films. But the process is sooooooo hard. I have to have someone hand me a disk and then I have to figure out how to make my DVD player play them just right and there is that annoying message that pops up every 20 minutes. And DVDs are lame anyway. They should put it on an iPad. Anyway...movies are lame anyway. I'm working on a project now for a movie but the technology really isn't there yet for what I want to do. And since I've been taking photography lessons all I can see are the inaccuracies with the camera lenses. I mean, between that and writing bits, who has time? Anyway, Gary is giving me the high sign, let's get Joan Rivers in here and see what she's up to."

You missed squeezing in Porky's or Howard Stern: The High School Years :colbert:

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Holy Calamity! posted:

Gary brought up that his son wants the new Kanye CD and he doesn't know where he should go to buy it.

Howard: Where would you go to even buy a CD these days? Everyone downloads off of itunes!
Robin: Well you can still go to a barns and noble, or a borders...though borders is closing, haha. Where will you go?

Meanwhile nearly every store that sells electronics in the known universe has a rack of CDs at

checkout. I'm not usually bothered by the 'cast members are out of touch' moments but this one was just ridiculous, as if not a single member of the show knows that places like walmart or target or, gently caress, grocery stores sell CDs?

Robin just has diarrhea of the mouth, and spouts of delisional and delerious poo poo constantly. She tries to say what she thinks Howard would say, or want her to say, and not only fucks that up, but ends up sounding like a fucktard.

Todd Philips loving nailed it on her a couple weeks ago when she was on, the unfortunate thing is that she hasn't been the least bit introspective about it, and never would be.

Does anyone think that Howard listens back to replays of his daily show and think that he's done a good job?

Ok so all bitching aside guys, what does everyone think the next four and a half years is gonna be like? Anyone think that Howard is going to put someone in the Artie chair? Is Howard gonna try to weasel out of his contract? (I don't know how that poo poo goes or even if he could)

He's been phoning it in since after Artie, think he'll keep doing that? four and a half years is a long time (even considering the eight month vacations that they take).

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
So did Tim Sabian pick up cocaine during the vacation or something? He sounded nuts today.

Also, I'm really glad Black on Black is getting more shows next week.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Holy Calamity! posted:

Gary brought up that his son wants the new Kanye CD and he doesn't know where he should go to buy it.

Gadget Gary should buy his son a goddamn iTunes gift card. Of course, being Gadget Gary, this would never cross his mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S82WTtrV8Eo

Joe 30330 fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 10, 2011

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Millstone posted:

Gadget Gary should buy his son a goddamn iTunes gift card. Of course, being Gadget Gary, this would never cross his mind.

"well that's your opinion and you are entitled to it, Here take a seat on one of my stools and tell me what you do for a living"

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the number of live shows is cut every year. I think the next 4 years are going to be just as boring or worse than this past year. He's barely in town and will not be getting any big guests unless they specifically fly to New York to be on the show and you know who that means. Denise Richards, Joan Rivers, Sandra Bernhardt etc.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Holy Calamity! posted:

Me too, but now the bit's just morphed into how pathetic, delusional and transparent the little gently caress is, where as he used to just be a delusional little gently caress with a funny voice.

"I duh-HON'T have a funny vuh-HOICE, you big-nosed JACK-hass!"

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Gary should just pay Teddy to put Watch the Throne on Jackson's iPod.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

-Atom- posted:

Gary should just pay Teddy ONE HUNDRED GRAAAAAND to put Watch the Throne on Jackson's iPod.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

ChaosMonkey posted:

ONE HUNDRED GRAAAAAND

I'm having a hard time finding this on YouTube, someone post it!

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Alkaphanel posted:

I wanted to love that bit so much, and it was the first time since the Kendra saga that I've sat in the office parking lot and listened for an extra 15 minutes. It started to come off as a little forced, and really started to smell of a "work"

The midget is detached from reality for sure, but I dont think he's at the level of detachment where he thinks Athletics, Giants, UFC and WWE tickets are a reasonable demand, along with starring television roles and a carte blanche whorehouse trip, all in compensation for calling into a radio show.

I found it interesting that Pit Boss was willing to put him on, contingent that he call into the Stern Show. Thats kind of a unique promotion method and I was impressed.

This is how I felt listening to Sal getting hypnotized the other day on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0MkWfjV4F4 Sal being obsessed with Howard is such a great series of videos, but the hypnosis segment almost ruins them all. Because that has to be fake.

What's the consensus on how real or fake Sal was being in that time period?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

-Atom- posted:

I swear it's in the ETM saga. I used to know the year but I've forgotten. Going to try and jog my memory now.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

I swear it's in the ETM saga. I used to know the year but I've forgotten. Going to try and jog my memory now.

I know it popped up on a day Eric called in. I don't know the dates but I have the non-ETM files and nowhere to put 'em. Titled as "Graaaaand.zip" if that rings any bells.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

-Atom- posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mcnEvpTrMc

So good

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

These Eric demands are almost the same as the previous ones. Howard said to call next week, so weekly hack Eric bits? Man, this show has sunken low... maybe Sirius will just let him out of his contract when they realize how bad the show is. I'm joining the canceling bandwagon.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I have Best of Sirius on both my XM cars. I'm thinking about canceling that at the very least.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Listening to today's show and Howard and Beth are getting another cat? That makes 3 cats and a dog. Christ Beth wanted a baby so bad, the compensation has become painfully obvious. Hope Howard enjoys living in a zoo.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Kelly posted:

I have Best of Sirius on both my XM cars. I'm thinking about canceling that at the very least.

Yeah same, at the very least I'm getting rid of that and my online account in September when my contract is up. It's absurd that we're paying extra for Howard at this point.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

That Howard lookalike (great guest for a loving radio show - someone who needs to be SEEN in order to be appreciated) kept licking his lips before every time he spoke. I felt like blowin' my mind up listening to him.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Holy Calamity! posted:

Meanwhile nearly every store that sells electronics in the known universe has a rack of CDs at checkout. I'm not usually bothered by the 'cast members are out of touch' moments but this one was just ridiculous, as if not a single member of the show knows that places like walmart or target or, gently caress, grocery stores sell CDs?

This reminds me of the time Howard somehow entered a grocery store and was shocked because what kind of idiot brings their own bag to a grocery store.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Imus' brother died.

http://azstarnet.com/lifestyles/announcements/obituaries/article_0a2de976-2462-5c54-81db-917a7cd52081.html

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I laughed as soon as I saw 'Deirdre'. Sorry, Fred.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Kelly posted:

That Howard lookalike (great guest for a loving radio show - someone who needs to be SEEN in order to be appreciated) kept licking his lips before every time he spoke. I felt like blowin' my mind up listening to him.

That was horrible. Didn't Howard tell him to take a drink of water because he thought he had a dry mouth from being nervous? Yeah... didn't help.

I think Howard briefly talked about it Monday morning, somewhere in the first hour.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

heavy liquid posted:

I think Howard briefly talked about it Monday morning, somewhere in the first hour.

Yeah, he mentioned that during all the times he said Imus should die, that he forgot to specify which Imus.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

heavy liquid posted:

That was horrible. Didn't Howard tell him to take a drink of water because he thought he had a dry mouth from being nervous? Yeah... didn't help.

I missed him saying that - good to know that Howard heard it too, at least.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
$12k to $25k for a goddamn bag? Clearly the rich pay too much in taxes.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mcnEvpTrMc

So good

This bit continues when ETM calls in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vksLMmS9sfQ

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Super Ninja Fish posted:

What's the consensus on how real or fake Sal was being in that time period?

When it comes to Sal, just assume he is always being fake. He puts on too much poo poo for my tastes and plays stuff up if he knows it will get him air time.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

AxeManiac posted:

When it comes to Sal, just assume he is always being fake. He puts on too much poo poo for my tastes and plays stuff up if he knows it will get him air time.

So does that mean his marriage is nothing but love and happiness?

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I'm loving the interview with the screenwriter who looks like Howard. The dude's such a whack job, every answer he gives is insanely long winded and full of pointless details and he wrote a self-insert screenplay called "Becoming Howard" in the hopes that he'll get publicity from his one appearance on the show and that Howard will actually be in his movie when he doesn't even listen to the show :psyduck:

Howard's just so hosed in the head because the guy apparently looks a lot like him and wears fruity outfits while going to a lot of the same places Howard does, and running into other famous people. It's just great how Howard gets more and more bothered by the whole thing.

e: When they asked how old his kids were he asked if they wanted to see pictures, he's just such an 'old guy' haha

e2: Holy poo poo, they keep him around after the break because Howard's obsessed with how the guy's identical to him and that he frequents the hamptons and now they're going to try to trick Dave Navarro, I love it

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Aug 11, 2011

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

I wonder if Dave Navarro would have fallen for it had they made the look a like wear pants instead of the short shorts. Great segment though.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

an adult beverage posted:

Oh my god, why does he look like a tiny Robert Evans?

I'm having trouble deciding whether or not to listen to the new ETM call. I really don't think I want to, especially after hearing this call again.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Live show today?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I'm so confused. Is this live? Wasn't the other day Robin's birthday? The pad data doesn't day BOTW or anything.

Edit: yup. Repeat. According to Google, Robin's birthday was 8/8. gently caress this guy. :(

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

From July 1st till today they've worked exactly one Thursday and that was two weeks ago.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

an adult beverage posted:

My dislike for Artie is well known, but this is loving hysterical.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Former Human posted:

From July 1st till today they've worked exactly one Thursday and that was two weeks ago.

Summers are brutal for listeners. First a two week vacation from July 1st-18th, and then another week vacation from July 29th-August 8th. They'll probably have the last week of August off like last year, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I've turned into one of those annoying fans who yells at Howard on Twitter. Totally pointless, but very cathartic.