Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

LividLiquid posted:

Putting on monocles and shouting "Bully!"

By jove. Well done that man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
After you old timey wrestle do you play old timey baseball?

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

LividLiquid posted:

I have a request:

Does anybody have an MP3 or WAV of a wrestling ring bell for the start of a match? Preferably one slow one for a pre-michael-buffer, pay-attention type thing and one quicker one to signify the start of the match?

My wife and I eloped last year and our families and friends got a little miffed so we're having our actual wedding on our anniversary this friday and the whole thing is old-school fight card themed. Like, this is our invitation:

We have ring introductions and theme music and everything, but I can't find the sounds I need for the bells. Thanks in advance.

There's a couple here listed as boxing bells. Your best bet would probably be to take the single bell and loop it to fit your needs: http://www.wavsource.com/sfx/sfx.htm

edit: actually, this might be better: http://www.soundsnap.com/tags/boxing

Have a great day

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

apsouthern posted:

There's a couple here listed as boxing bells. Your best bet would probably be to take the single bell and loop it to fit your needs: http://www.wavsource.com/sfx/sfx.htm

edit: actually, this might be better: http://www.soundsnap.com/tags/boxing

Have a great day
Thank you so much for this, but they're all a little high-pitched. Again, though, thank you for looking. I appreciate it.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Aug 9, 2011

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

bobkatt013 posted:

After you old timey wrestle do you play old timey baseball?
Not unless Conan shows. His wife is from Seattle, FYI.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Suben posted:

Who are lovely wrestlers/workers who managed to find themselves in otherwise great matches?

Cena vs HBK, multiple times. Cena vs Punk. Hell, Cena vs Rey just a few weeks back.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

WeaselWeaz posted:

Cena vs HBK, multiple times. Cena vs Punk. Hell, Cena vs Rey just a few weeks back.
You're a jaded smark if you still believe Cena can't work.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Diesel vs Bret Hart SurSer 95
Diesel vs HBK Good Friends Better Enemies

What I'm saying here is that Diesel carried Bret Hart and HBK to great matches.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

LividLiquid posted:

I have a request:

Does anybody have an MP3 or WAV of a wrestling ring bell for the start of a match? Preferably one slow one for a pre-michael-buffer, pay-attention type thing and one quicker one to signify the start of the match?

My wife and I eloped last year and our families and friends got a little miffed so we're having our actual wedding on our anniversary this friday and the whole thing is old-school fight card themed. Like, this is our invitation:

We have ring introductions and theme music and everything, but I can't find the sounds I need for the bells. Thanks in advance.

That flyer is so geeky and markish that it plants itself firmly in the "awesome" category" without having to go back around.

Congrats on your one-year anniversary, LL!

And "old timey shenanigans" in a "fine art" gallery? By jove, old bean, this could end in a most unpleasant manner.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

LordPants posted:

Rick Rude in the G1 final, Sid, Dustin Rhodes in the Stinger's Squadron match.

Rude was an awesome worker. Look what he did for Ultimate Warrior.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
So I've been wondering about this lately given the fact there are two major injuries (Rey and Ziggler) on Raw right now and one person who shouldn't probably be back yet (Morrisson). What is the WWE's policy on injury pay? Do wrestlers get a slight cut in paycheck while they're out to heal up but at least get something to keep them afloat on? Or is it just a "welp enjoy not having a pay check till you're back!" I can't imagine it's the latter but I'm really curious on this.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Flameingblack posted:

You're a jaded smark if you still believe Cena can't work.

Cena is the definition of "only as good as his opponent" and his HBK stuff in particular is over-rated in the extreme. As far as Punk goes, Punk is the only one who did anything to build up that match and when they basically run an ROH-style match on a WWE PPV, wherein Punk is doing most of the legwork, well, there's not too many different possibilities as to who is really responsible for that one.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Good Listener posted:

So I've been wondering about this lately given the fact there are two major injuries (Rey and Ziggler) on Raw right now and one person who shouldn't probably be back yet (Morrisson). What is the WWE's policy on injury pay? Do wrestlers get a slight cut in paycheck while they're out to heal up but at least get something to keep them afloat on? Or is it just a "welp enjoy not having a pay check till you're back!" I can't imagine it's the latter but I'm really curious on this.

Everyone in WWE has a downside guarantee, so injured people will make less money than they would while active - sometimes considerably so - but they'll still make money. Also keep in mind big merch movers still get their normal cut when out.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Everyone in WWE has a downside guarantee, so injured people will make less money than they would while active - sometimes considerably so - but they'll still make money. Also keep in mind big merch movers still get their normal cut when out.

Do we know how the merch residuals work for suspensions? Because that could either soften the blow for, or make it sting badly for someone like Sin Cara.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Cena is the definition of "only as good as his opponent" and his HBK stuff in particular is over-rated in the extreme.

Cena-Umaga Last Man Standing at Royal Rumble 2007 was amazing and much as you'd like, you can't really put that entirely on Umaga.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
When did the spinner belt stop spinning?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Gaz-L posted:

Do we know how the merch residuals work for suspensions? Because that could either soften the blow for, or make it sting badly for someone like Sin Cara.

It should be completely unaffected. I can't think of a reason why that wouldn't be the case.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

MrBling posted:

Cena-Umaga Last Man Standing at Royal Rumble 2007 was amazing and much as you'd like, you can't really put that entirely on Umaga.

This is true.

If a band had four high-quality singles, they'd be considered a good band wouldn't they? Cena doesn't suck. As far as guys who have held top titles in national promotions go, Cena is nowhere near the worst.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

The Mutato posted:

When did the spinner belt stop spinning?

after edge won it.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

AkumaHokoru posted:

after edge won it.

It spun when RVD had it in 2006.

He kept both the WWE and ECW titles because, "Check it out, this one spins."

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

It spun when RVD had it in 2006.

He kept both the WWE and ECW titles because, "Check it out, this one spins."

after edge made it the Rated-R Title. it didnt spin anymore.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It spins now, doesn't it?

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

AkumaHokoru posted:

I'm not trying to start a poo poo fight over something retarded, but it very clearly did spin when RVD had it.

Check out the 4:00 mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQZan2RyBWU

This all took place after the Rated-R Title was gone.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

no its locked now

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's always been able to spin. Hell, Miz spun it around to make the W a M.

edit:

AkumaHokoru posted:

no its locked now

This. They just lock it unless they want it to spin, but it can still spin.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

AkumaHokoru posted:

Nope, that one spun too

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Okay can we agree that it still has the ability to spin but also has some kind of locking mechanism somewhere? Maybe you have to, like, push it in or something, which is also how you access the Allspark hidden inside.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
I actually enjoy Cena's ring work until he goes into his finishing sequence :shobon:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

LividLiquid posted:

Thank you so much for this, but they're all a little high-pitched. Again, though, thank you for looking. I appreciate it.

Pitch lowered. How's this? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37615265/boxing_bell_lower.wav

(is it cool to link to my own Dropbox files? If not, I can upload it somewhere else and edit my post.)

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
I'm pretty sure it stopped spinning when Cena got injured in September 2007 and they had that PPV with the HHH/Orton, HHH/Umaga, and HHH/Orton title matches.

Iirc the Miz's M faceplate never spun either.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

MrBling posted:

Nope, it was all Umaga. And Cena having the only good match against Great Khali was all G..reat... Kh...al...i. Yeah.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Phenix Rising posted:

Pitch lowered. How's this? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37615265/boxing_bell_lower.wav

(is it cool to link to my own Dropbox files? If not, I can upload it somewhere else and edit my post.)
Perfect. Thank you.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Lone Rogue posted:

Nope, it was all Umaga. And Cena having the only good match against Great Khali was all G..reat... Kh...al...i. Yeah.

He also had the only good match against Wade Barrett!

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Chilly McFreeze posted:

He also had the only good match against Wade Barrett!

Wade Barrett carried him to the Wasteland and then left him there.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
Cena is the best when he wrestles a big 'ol hoss, because it looks like he actually has odds to overcome.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
There's a screw on the back of the belt for the plate. If it's in then you can hand turn the WWE logo but it won't free spin.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Lone Rogue posted:

Man, people got stupid defensive on this. I'm not saying Cena is the second coming of Tom Magee or Warrior but he drat sure isn't HBK or Jack Brisco. He's a decent worker at best but as a rule he needs a great partner in order to have great matches.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Lone Rogue posted:

There are no good Khali matches but the best one is with Triple H.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u

WeaselWeaz posted:

He's a decent worker at best but as a rule he needs a great partner in order to have great matches.

Yes, esteemed Ring Generals like Randy Orton, Batista and Bobby Lashley

Mystery Opponent fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Aug 10, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

LividLiquid posted:

Perfect. Thank you.

I dunno, it sounds kinda ugly. Maybe the pitch should find a happy medium. That sounds like a church bell because of the resonance. Maybe up a bit. That's my take on it.