Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

Capn Beeb posted:

I downloaded a house mod that gives you a loft in Freeside.

I did too, and changed some stuffs.

Bathroom girl is now:

Random guy with topless android is now:

Don't tread on me flag is now:

Weapon chick is now:

Random chick above kitchen is now:

Random as gently caress political out-of-place posters are now (mostly, I still have to change two):

And

Oh and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Naky posted:

Gun looks like rear end, but I'm gonna be curious to see how he manages the reload animation. Perhaps he found a revolver animation in the two handed files after all - I've been far too busy to go through each and every reload letter to find out for myself.

I was thinking she'd end up using the Single-Shot Shotgun reload to animate throwing another speed-loader into the cylinder. That, or that the entire cylinder is ejected and a new one is inserted.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Hotwire posted:

I did too, and changed some stuffs.

Bathroom girl is now:

Random guy with topless android is now:

Don't tread on me flag is now:

Weapon chick is now:

Random chick above kitchen is now:

Random as gently caress political out-of-place posters are now (mostly, I still have to change two):

And

Oh and

This can be a fun goon project fixing up this great idea, bad execution safe house.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

cat doter posted:

Man, why does the performance in this game just blow so hard? I've got MNC's texture pack installed along with nevada skies and a few other graphics stuff, and while running around outside I'm getting roughly 80fps with max graphics, but it just stutters like crazy.

I made a post one or two pages ago with what you can do to alleviate this.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
What exactly does enabling Shader Model 3.0 shaders through Configurator do? I mean, do I need to provide my own after enabling them? I'm not really noticing a difference in visual quality. Enabling threading has helped a lot with frame rate smoothness though.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

What exactly does enabling Shader Model 3.0 shaders through Configurator do? I mean, do I need to provide my own after enabling them? I'm not really noticing a difference in visual quality. Enabling threading has helped a lot with frame rate smoothness though.

As I understand it, it doesn't technically do *anything*. The Configurator simply turns a 0 to a 1 in the ini so that the engine can use Shader 3.0. Technically, you have to go into the shader folder, make a copy of one shader and rename it to overwrite another shader. I've tested this out with both Fo3 and NV and haven't noticed anything visually or performance-wise.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

As I understand it, it doesn't technically do *anything*. The Configurator simply turns a 0 to a 1 in the ini so that the engine can use Shader 3.0. Technically, you have to go into the shader folder, make a copy of one shader and rename it to overwrite another shader. I've tested this out with both Fo3 and NV and haven't noticed anything visually or performance-wise.

If it does nothing, I guess I'll just leave it then. Thanks.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Found this work of art posted on the Vault wiki

You get first dibs, of course, but I sorta think it's time for a new avatar for myself.

For text, "Look at this picture. Tell me what you see." perhaps.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Isn't Shader Model 3.0 also really, really out of date? I know the Radeon 5000 series uses SM 5.0.

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man
Posted this in the main New Vegas thread, but this one might be better since it's a tech problem and not story related:

the_Vandal posted:

I'm having a problem. I used the steam tool to put this game on my ssd but regardless of whether I use any mods or not, the textures flip out(some turning black or disappearing at different angles and returning to normal at others). Is this just a bug with the game when installed on an ssd and is there a fix? Has anybody else had this problem? When I move the game back to my regular drive, the problem goes away.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

SourceElement posted:

Isn't Shader Model 3.0 also really, really out of date? I know the Radeon 5000 series uses SM 5.0.

Based on some googling, we're on SM 4.0, but I also remember needing a shiny new SM 3.0 card to play Chaos Theory back in 2005

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

SourceElement posted:

Shader Model 4.0 and 5.0 are DX10 and 11 only respectively. It's not that uncommon for games to still use SM 2.0.

EDIT: Is this gun from OWB or AG Uniques OWB add-on? It's called the Static Bomb Launcher, it uses an MF Breeder, has high DPS AND it has an AOE health drain effect. And it looks like a toy sci-fi pistol. It owns.

A Fancy 400 lbs fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Aug 9, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I was thinking she'd end up using the Single-Shot Shotgun reload to animate throwing another speed-loader into the cylinder. That, or that the entire cylinder is ejected and a new one is inserted.

I'm... not sure that would work as I understand things but then again, the Verdict C77P in my pack is a perfect example of something I didn't think would work but did with a perfect blend of animation calls.

But as I said, I'm curious to see how it would. Though if the whole cylinder comes out I'll just lol and move on cuz that poo poo's kinda lame.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You know between the ease of customization and the apparent space and availability of the whole operation, I'm having a hard time calling the loft mod an outright failure. The posters seem to mostly suck mind but hey, as demonstrated you can put whatever you want in there easily.

Though that said I don't bother with house mods at all and just put everything in the Lucky 38 or The Sink so maybe I shouldn't be talking.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Shader Model 4.0 and 5.0 are DX10 and 11 only respectively. It's not that uncommon for games to still use SM 2.0.

EDIT: Is this gun from OWB or AG Uniques OWB add-on? It's called the Static Bomb Launcher, it uses an MF Breeder, has high DPS AND it has an AOE health drain effect. And it looks like a toy sci-fi pistol. It owns.

Yup, that's AG Uniques OWB patch.

The_Censorship_Nazi
Jan 1, 2008
Banned in over 52 nations since 1946!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yup, that's AG Uniques OWB patch.

That's one thing I like about the AG Uniques - the weapons that are added really run the gamut, give you more toys to play with. (Though some of them are a little odd...like "Little Shooty" for instance. A low-damage .38 special pistol? Sign me up!)

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

This is just pretty. Anyone know the source on this one as well?

That's my wallpaper!

Source is at the bottom of the picture, which I never noticed before.

Apparently the one on the wall is backwards, though. Wait no my version is backwards :stare:
The site: http://www.hdhcg.com/english/hdhcg.html
Direct link: http://www.hdhcg.com/tu%20caise/2006/The%20Journey%20Begins.htm

Some images are :nws:, but most are just awesome.

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 10, 2011

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Average Bear posted:

That's my wallpaper!

Source is at the bottom of the picture, which I never noticed before.

Apparently the one on the wall is backwards, though. Wait no my version is backwards :stare:
The site: http://www.hdhcg.com/english/hdhcg.html
Direct link: http://www.hdhcg.com/tu%20caise/2006/The%20Journey%20Begins.htm

Some images are :nws:, but most are just awesome.

How can I get those in wallpaper size? It's a little small on the direct link.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Brace posted:

How can I get those in wallpaper size? It's a little small on the direct link.

Well there's mine, I found it on 4chan's /wg/ board. The other site listed has it: http://www.cgwallpapers.com/wallpapers.php?id=11

GIS has em for free: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...=N&tab=wi&uss=1

PS that wallpaper was apparently #99 on that site, buried under 98 hawt anime pix wallpapers.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Average Bear posted:

Well there's mine, I found it on 4chan's /wg/ board. The other site listed has it: http://www.cgwallpapers.com/wallpapers.php?id=11

GIS has em for free: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...=N&tab=wi&uss=1

PS that wallpaper was apparently #99 on that site, buried under 98 hawt anime pix wallpapers.

Is there any way to look through the /wg/ wallpapers without actually.. having to look at 4chan? It's such an ugly obnoxious looking website and the people on it are even worse...

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Brace posted:

Is there any way to look through the /wg/ wallpapers without actually.. having to look at 4chan? It's such an ugly obnoxious looking website and the people on it are even worse...

Wish there was. To be honest, /wg/ is the only reason I use 4chan. There's a Greasemonkey script that can disable words and just display pictures, I think it's 4chan+ or something. Other than that you can search other places in the web, or if you are brave enough, look through /wg/ archived threads on the 4chan archive (don't do it).

Edit: Actually looks like 4chan+ is a Chrome extension.

Vorgimmler
May 7, 2009
Just as a quick aside here, but did MGE get banned off Nexus between last night and now? I redownloaded Warzones for shits and giggles, then I go to check the page again today and it's nowhere to be found.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

The_Censorship_Nazi posted:

That's one thing I like about the AG Uniques - the weapons that are added really run the gamut, give you more toys to play with. (Though some of them are a little odd...like "Little Shooty" for instance. A low-damage .38 special pistol? Sign me up!)

I used Little Shooty for quite a while on my newest character. Chiefly because it reloads so much faster than the .357, while shooting the same ammo.

Vitriol
Mar 11, 2001

Phhhhhtttttt!
Nexus!

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Vitriol posted:

Nexus!

I feel like I've seen this somewhere...

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Is there any way to mod in unlimited ammo? Constantly scrounging for ammo isn't really fun for me, and I can't seem to find that suitcase that's included in CompanionInfiniteAmmo that gives you infinite ammo.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Get a recharger rifle :v:

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Vorgimmler posted:

Just as a quick aside here, but did MGE get banned off Nexus between last night and now? I redownloaded Warzones for shits and giggles, then I go to check the page again today and it's nowhere to be found.
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40980

I just use Random Encounters + Increased Wasteland Spawns instead.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Brace posted:

Is there any way to mod in unlimited ammo? Constantly scrounging for ammo isn't really fun for me, and I can't seem to find that suitcase that's included in CompanionInfiniteAmmo that gives you infinite ammo.
The suitcase is for modded companions, not the player. If you want the Courier to have infinite ammo, then load the cheat .esp for the mod, get a companion, and take some of the companion's ammo. The ammo will automatically be replenished as you use it.

Vorgimmler
May 7, 2009
Herp derp, I didn't look up to see if I had logged in before I did my search. Thanks for that and the suggestions, Gyoru.

Vitriol
Mar 11, 2001

Phhhhhtttttt!
Okay, I'm working on this again, and all the old links are kaput.

This is my Unified Backpack Mod.

http://www.mediafire.com/?pcdnd682x29xiwn (this is the same link as above, but more blatant)

If you are trying to find it on the Nexus, forget it, I'm not going to upload it, since I borged together the existing backpack mods completely without permission, remorse, or a sense of propriety. Also I am lazy, fat, smell bad, and am a terrible person.

What this does is make one unified, reasonable, cherry-picked group of backpacks that work alike, don't conflict, and most importantly, are out there, being used. You will find backpacks on NPC's in the wasteland in ways that actually make sense! NCR troopers have NCR backpacks, Crazed Raider-types have old grungy vault backpacks and whatever their latest victim was carrying, there are fanny packs, traders have all kinds of packs, and there are lots of reasonable, lore-freindlyish versions. No ultramodern digital camo here.

This is the same version I dropped into the forums before, no changes yet. Basically, this will meet your needs to to get NPC's wandering around the desert with backpacks!

To do list:
  • making them work in the DLC's (Basically see if I need to do anything special, I haven't started the DLC's yet, so :iiam:)
  • look at the possibility of making the packs work like containers
  • see if I can figure out how to do the bedrolls from the leather backpacks mod
  • start putting random piles of them around, add them to more spots where you can find them, etc.
  • oooo another backpack model to stea... incorporate
  • get rid of the box in goodsprings right next to the workbenches (facing the wrong, way, too!) where all the backpacks can be found, as I am pretty sure they work now.

also if you guys have requests (people who ought to have packs seem to not have them, etc) or can point out problems, let me know.

Cream-of-Plenty, could you stick a link for this this up in the first post?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
How do they work? Whatever I have currently, I assume Project Nevada, adds 50 lbs, but when you get to 25 over your normal max, you lose 1 AGL, and when you hit the new limit you lose 2. Also, would this conflict with PN if they are from that, and would I have to edit PN's out to use yours?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Yeah, what exactly does a backpack mod do? Does it give you more carry weight? Put more items on NPCs?

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe

Gyoru posted:

You have to extract all of them first because part1, part2, etc in a rar filename indicates it's a split volume archive. For instance, extract everything by extracting from NMC.part1.rar into a folder called "NMC Texture Pack for New Vegas (Large/Medium/Small/whatever)" then create a new rar from the folder.

Aw this is a good tip thanks.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Crossposting from the general thread, people should talk more about this:

VisAbsoluta posted:

I'm impressed about how much the performance improved when I disabled vsync in the .ini file (it was off in the launcher/FOMM since I started playing), feels like a whole new game :aaa:

VVVVVVV I always do that too, but in the case of New Vegas, just doing that in the configurations options doesn't turn it 100% off, seems like you have to manually disable it. I never had heard about it until I read a post somewhere with this tip.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 10, 2011

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

VisAbsoluta posted:

Oh yeah, first thing I do when I install a game these days is disable vsync. I've never had any issues with tearing in any game, and it's usually a shocking boost in fps. I get like an additional 20-30 fps in WoW by doing so.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Unless your FPS is over your moniters refresh rate (e.g. you always have great FPS) there is no reason to have V-Sync on, ever. It will hurt you more than it helps, sometimes significantly (as in the above guys case).

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Talkie Toaster posted:

Nexus.

Nexus.
Nexus.

On a lighter note, I finished porting RobCo Certified. Build robots, convert home appliances into mechanical killing machines etc.

The best part is that I was reading the thread while listening to 2Pacalypse Now and Brenda's Got a Baby started playing just when I reached this post, no poo poo.

VVVVVV I guess it was a post from you, then. You should put this tip in the OP, it made a tremendous difference here!

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 10, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

VisAbsoluta posted:

VVVVVVV I always do that too, but in the case of New Vegas, just doing that in the configurations options doesn't turn it 100% off, seems like you have to manually disable it. I never had heard about it until I read a post somewhere with this tip.

Yeah, I've told a few people recently that they need to set "ipresentinterval" to 0 in the ini in order to actually disable it. It should be the first thing most people do when they're setting their game up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Started loving around with Imaginator. That's some awesome poo poo with almost no performance hit.

Besides Imaginator I'm using MNC Medium, F3NV, and ILO-RL.