Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RitualConfuser
Apr 22, 2008

WouldDesk posted:

juniorcollegesareawasteoftime.edu :eng101:
snackshack.edu
highschoolwithashtrays.edu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hurm.
Apr 24, 2006

Nature is a language
can't you read?
droptrou.com

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

toggle posted:

I haven't listened to the podcast in like 2 years. Last one I checked out started with a 20 min unfunny rant about people dropping bags of dog poo poo on a mountain trail.

How is it now?

Last time I listened he went into a 45 minute long rant about the tax code that never attempted to be funny. I unsubscribed after several hundred episodes :(

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I'm trying to figure out one of the bumper songs they are using, could just be a KROQ thing but I hear it all the time when listening to Loveline. I suck at describing music, all I know is there's no lyrics in the bumper, just a guitar riff. Unfortunately googling Loveline bumper hasn't helped since nobody updates since 2009-10

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm trying to figure out one of the bumper songs they are using, could just be a KROQ thing but I hear it all the time when listening to Loveline. I suck at describing music, all I know is there's no lyrics in the bumper, just a guitar riff. Unfortunately googling Loveline bumper hasn't helped since nobody updates since 2009-10

Do you know at what time they usually play it? The bumpers are usually pretty specific to the time of the show, we could help narrow it down.

It's not the one during the 10 second station identification is it?

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Alan Smithee posted:

Almost all of the 90s punk-pop bumper music, beginning, transition and end was MxPx.

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

I'm not a playa, I just fuck a lot.
RaftBox.com

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

FCKGW posted:

It's not the one during the 10 second station identification is it?

I've always wondered why they got rid of the station identifications around 2002. That station in Tucson will forever be in our hearts.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
They still do station identification every night halfway through. It is now a 30 second break.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

WouldDesk posted:

They still do station identification every night halfway through. It is now a 30 second break.
They aren't there during the later Carolla years; at least not in the archives.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

Jubs posted:

They aren't there during the later Carolla years; at least not in the archives.

They still did it I am pretty sure but the archives rightfully so, cut them out. I listen online now so during the breaks it is just music.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Jubs posted:

I've always wondered why they got rid of the station identifications around 2002. That station in Tucson will forever be in our hearts.

LL related to Tucson
Good:
1) The original, recurring Mason Jar guy.

Bad:
2) Stryker went to college for a little bit and got his start in radio as DJ at KFMA.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm gonna guess it was The Dead 60s - Riot Radio because that's the one that gets stuck in my head the most.

Hormones
May 9, 2009
I listened to 2004-04-01, Guest Torrie Wilson today. The whole episode is really great, but the first 10-15 minutes in particular had me busting a gut if anyone needs a good laugh :)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Pzykotic posted:

I'm gonna guess it was The Dead 60s - Riot Radio because that's the one that gets stuck in my head the most.

Was not this one

CatchrNdRy posted:

Almost all of the 90s punk-pop bumper music, beginning, transition and end was MxPx.
Sounded like their style of punk, but I have to go through their songs to find it.

Hormones
May 9, 2009
Does the Listen Live feature on Lovelineshow.com work for you guys? It hasn't worked for me for about 2 weeks, and that was my only means of listening. Boooo.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Hormones posted:

Does the Listen Live feature on Lovelineshow.com work for you guys? It hasn't worked for me for about 2 weeks, and that was my only means of listening. Boooo.

Try this link:

http://noxsol.wl.miisolutions.net/live/noxsol_ww1-west

Instrumedley
Aug 13, 2009

Or this one for a Flash-based browser player:

http://lovelineshow.com/agnosticcha...ialiveaudio.jsp

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Has anybody here actually listened to The Parent Experiment? Is it as irritating and pretentious as I imagine it is?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Ez posted:

Has anybody here actually listened to The Parent Experiment? Is it as irritating and pretentious as I imagine it is?

I have no idea why it remained after Teresa left. The entire point seemed to be that she represented the Iconic modern mother who was wracked with guilt about having thoughts about motherhood that society tends to frown on but are ultimately realistic. She wrote a book talking about this and the podcast was an extension of it.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Can anybody not download off lovelinetapes now or am I missing something?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I just downloaded a handful last night, but now all the download links are missing :(

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I have no idea why it remained after Teresa left. The entire point seemed to be that she represented the Iconic modern mother who was wracked with guilt about having thoughts about motherhood that society tends to frown on but are ultimately realistic. She wrote a book talking about this and the podcast was an extension of it.

It gets Adams wife out of the house for atleast an hour one day a week. That's the only logical reason it still exist.

All I know is my Friday mornings revolved around The Film Vault and now as soon as I wake up, every Friday, I slip into a 24 hour depression.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Teepkick Shakur posted:

All I know is my Friday mornings revolved around The Film Vault and now as soon as I wake up, every Friday, I slip into a 24 hour depression.

I feel ya man. I'd love to get a complete account on everything that happened. From all that I can infer Anderson's tenuous relationship suffered a final straw with Logan getting fired.

Smellem Sexbad
Sep 16, 2003
I was pretty annoyed when I went to download the film vault on Friday, only to find out it was the final episode. I hope they find a new home for the podcast. Anderson and Bryan have great chemistry together.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Can anybody not download off lovelinetapes now or am I missing something?

From their FAQ:

quote:

SHOW DOWNLOADING IS TEMPORARILY DISABLED BECAUSE USERS ARE CREATING SCRIPTS TO DOWNLOAD 5-10 SHOWS A SECOND. WHEN A SOLUTION IS PUT IN PLACE, SHOW DOWNLOADING WILL COME BACK.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

ace_beef posted:

I was pretty annoyed when I went to download the film vault on Friday, only to find out it was the final episode. I hope they find a new home for the podcast. Anderson and Bryan have great chemistry together.
I've asked them if they want to start using thefilmvault.net again, but at the minute I think they're giving it a break

Haschel Cedricson posted:

From their FAQ:

That site is as slow as all poo poo at the best of times.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
Anyone know why we don't get the full songs from the musical guests anymore in the podcast? It fades out about 10 seconds in and then fades to 10 seconds from the end of the song. It's really annoying, I used to get a healthy dose of new music from those artists.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Kirtan posted:

Anyone know why we don't get the full songs from the musical guests anymore in the podcast? It fades out about 10 seconds in and then fades to 10 seconds from the end of the song. It's really annoying, I used to get a healthy dose of new music from those artists.

I'm so happy when they edit out the music in the shows becuase the quality of the recordings are usually horrible, and the songs/bands are even worse.

Hormones
May 9, 2009

Thank you!

Instrumedley posted:

Or this one for a Flash-based browser player:

http://lovelineshow.com/agnosticcha...ialiveaudio.jsp

This is the one that never works for me anymore :[

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

Hormones posted:

Thank you!

This is the one that never works for me anymore :[

I get the preshow but it always cuts off as Anderson's countdown begins. Seems like Mozilla it the problem because IE works fine. As fine as IE can get. I let Tyler know and he had me try a few things then he gave up :(

edit: wow, hell of an opening call :smith: poo poo that was sad.

WouldDesk fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 10, 2011

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

A new, permanent site is up for people who loved the old Loveline Stream.

Hang out in the chat a listen to cool things on the website.
It's still a work in progress but it's fully functional.
I'm in the chat most of the time, along with fellow goons and like minded loveline fans.
Want something new on the site or have a problem? Check into the chat or email rapebank@gmail.com

Good times await you.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

FCKGW posted:

I'm in the chat most of the time, along with fellow goons and like minded loveline fans.
Want something new on the site or have a problem? Check into the chat or email rapebank@gmail.com

Good times await you.

Glorious, :hfive: 'perciate it :clint:

Instrumedley
Aug 13, 2009

FCKGW posted:

Thanks a lot, looking forward to using this.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Rushmore posted:

That site is as slow as all poo poo at the best of times.

Yeah it was, but it has the best information and had synopsis's.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

FCKGW posted:

Good times await you.
Having chat during the stream is way better than listening alone

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Whitey Ford posted:

Having chat during the stream is way better than listening alone

Hell yeah, there's usually a dedicated group of a few guys that hang out in there and a couple other listeners that pop in and out.

If you don't want to use the web chat you can join us on #loveline on synirc.net

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
In case anyone who cares hasn't noticed yet, but the download links are back on lovelinetapes. Thank god, because I have so much yard work to do this weekend.

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah
I need more excuses to listen to this show :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

*PUNCH*
Jul 8, 2007
naked on the internet
There's a smoke detector on my block somewhere. I can hear it chirping as I type this. After a walk around the block last night, I've pinpointed it at about 3 buildings away from mine diagonally north. Interestingly, it's period is only about 35 seconds, maybe less, by ear - I'll keep you guys posted once I find my stopwatch.

... time to put on some loveline, drat.

• Locked thread