Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
Hey, Talkie Toaster, are you interested in using these for RobCo Certified? I did them up and gave them to the monster mod guy, but anybody that wants them can have em. It's the Floating Eye from the first two games and the godawful Hover Robot from Tactics. I'll probably make some more of the Tactics ones when I get a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I guess I'm in the minority here, but to be honest I've never noticed much of a difference in performance with VSYNC on or off. I don't have a super powerful system that renders at a perfect >60 FPS either (my monitor refresh is 60Hz, like most LCDs). Meanwhile, I DO notice the tearing if Vsync is off, so I guess I'm just weird in that I usually turn it on for games.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I guess I'm in the minority here, but to be honest I've never noticed much of a difference in performance with VSYNC on or off. I don't have a super powerful system that renders at a perfect >60 FPS either (my monitor refresh is 60Hz, like most LCDs). Meanwhile, I DO notice the tearing if Vsync is off, so I guess I'm just weird in that I usually turn it on for games.

Usually it's at most a 5 FPS difference if you don't already hit the cap, generally not noticeable, but it is going to negatively impact your FPS if you are not always close to or above the refresh rate, and in some cases it may be severe.

The trade-off is basically if you get enough screen tearing that it annoys you vs. better performance.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Safety Hammer posted:

Sure, they look great. Never got that far through Tactics though, what did the Hover Robot do?

Vitriol
Mar 11, 2001

Phhhhhtttttt!
To answer the questions, it does, in fact, raise carry weights, to frankly unrealistic levels. As you go higher up in weight you do slow down and get less agile, but not as much as you should, these are still kind of cheaty / wip.

NPC's will have backpacks. When Malcolm Holmes shows up to tell you all you need to know about searching for blue star caps, he's got a nice backpack on.

The main thing is that people out wandering around just have them equipped. Not everyone has them, but enough do that it looks organic.

as far as Project Nevada, no clue. I've not looked at that. I inserted mine by editing the equipment lists for base character types, and adding a percentage fudge factor. Also there's several different types, and you get randomness between those even. Have a look, it's easy to get rid of.

Here's some pictures I took the last time around during the very initial testing, be aware that the modern digital camo is gone.

Vitriol fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Aug 10, 2011

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Pics

Is there any way you could post your mod list/order? I like quite a bit of what you have and was just wondering what all mods you had.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mr E posted:

Is there any way you could post your mod list/order? I like quite a bit of what you have and was just wondering what all mods you had.

Sure:

code:
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] WME - Dead Money.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] WME - Honest Hearts.esm
[X] SCAV.esm
[X] VMods - Master.esm
[X] iHUD.esm
[X] IWS-Core.esm
[X] GtabImprovedAmmoTFRMaster.esm
[X] Advanced Recon Tech.esm
[X] ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
[X] ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
[X] The.Armory.esm
[X] Readius_NV.esp
[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp
[X] UHNV.esp
[X] UHNV-Dead Money.esp
[X] UHNV-Honest Hearts.esp
[X] The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
[X] The.Armory.Cabinet.Addon.esp
[X] The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.BasePatch.esp
[X] The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.WPPatch.Vanilla.esp
[X] CRL9K_ThisMachineSound.esp
[X] Existence2.0.esp
[X] Feng Shui NV.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Gear.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Tech.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Gear-Locations Doc Mitchell.esp
[X] IDreamOfElectricSheep.esp
[ ] FONV - Real Time Lockpicking and Hacking.esp
[X] Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp
[X] BoilingOil - Eli's Edge.esp
[X] TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
[X] NWghostbodysuit.esp
[X] dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
[X] dD-More Gore.esp
[X] Glove_be_gone.esp
[X] Sunglasses Shipment.esp
[X] UrgeWasterScarf.esp
[X] KillableKids_E.esp
[X] NewVegasBounties.esp
[X] NewVegasBountiesII.esp
[X] UsableCigarettes neunen Ver for New Vegas.esp
[X] Gunslinger.esp
[X] w44Satchels - Full.esp
[X] dressup.esp
[X] VMods.esp
[X] noautoaim.esp
[X] KillingKarmaFix.esp
[X] FN FAL.esp
[X] Mossberg590.esp
[X] DWSigP226.esp
[X] AK47 with mods (Holosight).esp
[X] DWM4A1.esp
[X] DanWessonPPC.esp
[X] Stampede.esp
[X] AW50f.esp
[X] 1 AKSU ( Standart SD).esp
[X] Mateba-Schofield.Revolver.esp
[X] hz_DeLisle.esp
[X] CoachGun.esp
[X] better that gun 44mag.esp
[X] that gun holdout.esp
[X] 45reloadanimation.esp
[X] Checkpointproject.esp
[X] Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
[X] WME - Arenovalis.esp
[X] WME - Dead Money Arenovalis Retex.esp
[X] WME - Dead Money.esp
[X] WME - Honest Hearts Arenovalis.esp
[X] WME - Honest Hearts.esp
[X] WME - that gun 44 mag.esp
[X] WMR_WME_A.esp
[X] AG Supplementary Uniques.esp
[X] AG Supplementary Uniques-Dead Money.esp
[X] AG Supplementary Uniques-Honest Hearts.esp
[X] MySpearRecipe.esp
[X] IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
[X] IWS-Core-Guards.esp
[X] IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
[X] IWS-AS-MedSpawns.esp
[X] LexFONVclothingI.esp
[X] LexFONVclothingIPonchos.esp
[X] Desert_Scorpion.esp
[X] Cannabis.esp
[X] Permanent_Weapon_Shells_Light.esp
[X] TFRAmmo.esp
[X] Vurt's WFO.esp
[X] Nevada Skies.esp
Some things in my pictures are of my own doing, like fiddling with meshes to make guns :shobon:

E:

Naky posted:

But as I said, I'm curious to see how it would. Though if the whole cylinder comes out I'll just lol and move on cuz that poo poo's kinda lame.

What, you've not seen Pale Rider? :clint:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Aug 10, 2011

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Sure:

CODE

Some things in my pictures are of my own doing, like fiddling with meshes to make guns :shobon:

Thanks, I'll go through that tomorrow, I knew some of you stuff was of your own doing.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
What difficulty mode in the NV options should I be using if I'm playing with Project Nevada? Things seem pretty easy at the start on normal, but I know my experience with FWE stated you should always play it on normal.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Whenever I'm in first person I have this weird texture issue where it looks like the gloves I'm wearing have been all ripped and torn up, but it's obviously a texture issue because it looks really really ugly and obviously not intentional.

Horrorclaus
Oct 10, 2008
I took the advice everyone gave me and got FOMM manager working right, installed a bunch of mods and when I finally started up the game, this happened

I installed the armory and was using the Rambo starter pack, and it was giving me the giant red box over the knife, crossbow and machine gun it starts you with, but not the 9mm. Anyone give me some ideas as to what is causing this to happen?
Here's all the mods I currently have loaded, for reference.

Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
More Perks.esm
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
HonestHearts.esm
The.Armory.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
UHNV.esp
Existence2.0.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
More Perks Update.esp
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.BasePatch.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.WPPatch.Vanilla.esp
AAS_PNxE.esp
The.Armory.Rambo.Pack.esp

Thanks for the quick reply, reinstalled the armory and its working...for now.

Horrorclaus fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 10, 2011

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Horrorclaus posted:

I took the advice everyone gave me and got FOMM manager working right, installed a bunch of mods and when I finally started up the game, this happened

I installed the armory and was using the Rambo starter pack, and it was giving me the giant red box over the knife, crossbow and machine gun it starts you with, but not the 9mm. Anyone give me some ideas as to what is causing this to happen?
Here's all the mods I currently have loaded, for reference.

More Perks.esm
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
HonestHearts.esm
The.Armory.esm
UHNV.esp
Existence2.0.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
More Perks Update.esp
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.BasePatch.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.WPPatch.Vanilla.esp
AAS_PNxE.esp
The.Armory.Rambo.Pack.esp

You should have FalloutNV loaded first, it sounds like you have a bad install of the Armory because that means there's something that should be there(texture or mesh) but it's missing.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Ok,since I've been asked for a Guide to make your game look like in my screenshots, I'll write down what I did. This Guide is for People who are experienced enough with modding, so I won't explain details how to make mods work together etc.

First off, I'm using the following weather mod, It's sort of important to use it, because it changes the HDR settings of the game too:

Project Reality

Then I'm using Cinematech to add film grain, which is in my opinion important as it adds much needed depth to scenes. Fallout looks very "flat" by default, which I blame on gamebryo.

CINEMATECH - Film Grains and Styles

(The new version needs NCM which I can only recommend)

My settings in the Menu are the following:

Primary grain effect: Static
Opacity: 25
Color: Black

Secondary Grain Effect: Grit
Opacity: 25 (This one has the biggest effect, adjusting if the grain is to strong should be done here)

Special Effect: Deep Vignette
Opacity: 30
Effect Animation: 120 Frames (adjust down for better performance)

Then I'm using the Imaginator. I also use the Directors chair which again, needs MGM but makes adjusting the settings just so much easier.

For a while I adjusted the colors with shaders, but found this just to be inpractical with no different effect on performance.

Good settings I found are (I left values I left at 0 out):

In the "Lights" menu
EMITTOR: Macurius' marvelous Modification MED

Contrast: 5

Blue: 4
Red: 3
Orange: 4
Yellow: 1
Cyan: 1

(As a rule of thumb, red&yellow make the picture warmer, as blue and cyan make it colder, in the effect.txt (explained later) there are also three settings, moodR, moodG, and moodB
which alter the scenes "temperature" with special weight put towards these three main colors. Experimenting there is helpful too, but only with very, very small adjustments)

Those are very weak settings and it's possible to skip them, a lot of the moodsetting is done by Shaders I put in, which I'll link later.

"Nice Overall Enhancement" is a Imaginator Setting which is useable but oversaturates a lot and makes the sky glow like it's radioactive. I like my game a litte darker and I'd advise to skip it.

Then to the most important Part:
FNV Enhanced Shaders you NEED the full version with post processing, also even if you have a slightly beefy computer, this will bring down your framerate.

I took a few shaders from OBGE and added them to the enbseries shaders, I also adjusted a few .ini values by hand and replaced the color palette. I won't explain every change, I'll just offer this archive as download. Unpack it into your main NV directory and overwrite the files that are there. In the effect.txt there are a lot of values on the top for some of the OBGE shaders to adjust by hand. I encourage to experiment, there's nothing that can be broken that can't be fixed again. (some good settings here to try are moodR = 0.33, moodG = 0.20 and moodB = 0.50 which will make the game look slightly colder outside)

The shaders do this:

(with shaders)

(without shaders)

Now to the last step, enabling SSAO. As far as I know, this is only possible for NVIDIA users. ENBSeries comes with SSAO shaders by default which don't work very well with FNV and cause visual artifacts, even though they're stronger than the inbuilt ones by NVIDIA. ATI users can try their luck by setting EnableOcclusion to 1 in the enbseries.ini, but I recommend against it.

NVIDIA users can just follow this handy guide I found on the Nexus:

(you need the NVIDIA-inspector to do this)

performance tip: As the post processing is rather heavy, with most higher resolutions it's very possible to just turn off AA alltogether or to just set it at 2x, you won't need more and it will bring back a lot FPS.
..and that's it. Good luck with all this.

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 10, 2011

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I'm having this issue where whenever I try to go outside with Electro-City on, New Vegas crashes. If I stay indoors, it's fine, but if I step outside, crash.

Any ideas what might be going on here?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Horrorclaus posted:

AAS_PNxE.esp

Horrorclaus, you should disable this too. Somehow you activated an AAS optional but you're not using AAS's main module. If your game IS loading, I bet you you're probably crashing a lot.

Talkie Toaster posted:

Sure, they look great. Never got that far through Tactics though, what did the Hover Robot do?

I believe they shoot missiles.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Another pretty neat looking home mod was added recently: Offroad Shelter. Just a well done, very utilitarian base with a bit more visual flair than most basic shack homes. It's the level of clutter that makes this so cool to me, gives it a real lived-in quality.

EDIT: Well nevermind, all I'm getting when I try to download is a corrupted archive. :( What a shame, this looks cool.

Horns fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Aug 10, 2011

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I just checked the OP and did a quick search on Nexus and couldn't find the mod I'm looking for. Does anyone have a link to the one that let's you tell Mr. House you're not going to kill the Brotherhood of Steel? I accidentally pissed off the NCR and the Legion enough to not let me finish their quests (I turned in a few quests all at one to Mr. House, which triggered the 'don't mess with the bear' quest, and then promptly failed it for me), and I don't want to piss Veronica off or go Wildcard.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
After the last piece of DLC is released and I can finally retire my main FNV character, I intend to run through the game again and, for the first time, try out some mods to alter the experience somewhat. At the moment, I'm cherry picking through the list in the OP to see what mods would be interesting for me to install. I am mostly going for the mods that enhance the game, and wanted to avoid those that add new items and/or quests.

Now I understand that I'm likely very naive if I expect that I won't run into any trouble whatsoever, but I'd like to ask if there are any known problems if I were to install the following mods...

quote:

Nevada Skies - Weather Effects Beta
Completely redoes the regional weather system, implements rain, sandstorms, and radstorms (all of which temporarily effect your stats both positively and negatively) and generally makes the weather more appealing. In addition, URWL for New Vegas - Realistic Lighting has merged with this mod, and is linked on the same page. The differences are best demonstrated in the images section.

Wasteland Defense
Provides a completely new system for establishing fortifications, recruiting mercenaries, and general town-building controls.

Roleplay-Start
Gives you the ability to pick from a number of starting locations / backgrounds, for those who are tired of waking up in Doc Mitchells' bed. These include Fiend, NCR, BoS, Legion, and Powder Ganger beginnings.

NMC's Texture Packs
NMC's colossal texture pack comes to New Vegas in three flavors. So far this is the most exhaustive texture mod.

Mark Morgan's "Vault Archives" Music.
Mark Morgan remastered and released his Fallout 1 and 2 music and it is now free for download. (Scroll down on the page in the link to find it) You would need to manually replace the preexisting music files with these if you wanted to get them working in NV, since about 85% of these tracks are already in the game (but these are higher quality.)

Darnified UI
The quintessential UI replacement mod. Currently in version 4, the file likes to migrate on the Bethesda Forums a lot.

Delay DLC
Puts some intelligent delays on DLC content. You're no longer ambushed by a bunch of "mysterious" radio stations when you first exit Doc Mitchell's home in Goodsprings.

NPC Cosmetic Fixes
Does what "Project Beauty" did for Fallout 3: Fix hosed up faces, put more "personality" into some of the characters, and make Joshua Graham actually look burned.

Invisible Wall Remover
Removes invisible boundaries throughout the wasteland.

In particular the ones I'm mostly worrying about are Wasteland Defense and Roleplay-Start. I love the idea of both mods, but I'm not certain how stable those two are, the comments in both mods can be a bit negative(while others are saying they're having no problems whatsoever). Does anyone in here have any experience with these two mods, and if so, how bug-free are they?

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster
So we meet again, Talkie Toaster. Elflibble (terrible, horrible name) on Nexus here. My attempts to import the necessary perks for your latest version of certified failed despite my most heartfelt digging through FNVedit. I found FormIDs, they just don't work for some reason.

Nevermind that however! I've started a new character and am presently working to get them leveled up to where they can build something worthwhile. Enjoying a handy hoverbrain sidekick at present, it's just going to take me awhile until I can test out the ripperhands and teslatron. Thanks again and I'm very eager to see what the mod will have in later versions with Old World Blues to draw on, even if I wind up holding out for an all DLC package to buy before I am able to play it.

Soysaucebeast posted:

I just checked the OP and did a quick search on Nexus and couldn't find the mod I'm looking for. Does anyone have a link to the one that let's you tell Mr. House you're not going to kill the Brotherhood of Steel? I accidentally pissed off the NCR and the Legion enough to not let me finish their quests (I turned in a few quests all at one to Mr. House, which triggered the 'don't mess with the bear' quest, and then promptly failed it for me), and I don't want to piss Veronica off or go Wildcard.

Here you go! It's a small invaluable mod in my opinion.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37729

The Snark fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Aug 10, 2011

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
So it appears that the CRC error for the archive of the Offroad Shelter mod isn't referring to the important bits after all, just one of the pics that comes with it. Extract it somewhere and ignore the error warning that Winrar throws up, it should install fine. Or at least I haven't noticed anything technically wrong with it. Word of warning: it's pretty cramped (you can access nearly all the containers by standing in the middle of the place) and isn't very companion-friendly as a result. Just tell 'em to wait outside so they don't get in the way.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

rvdleun posted:

After the last piece of DLC is released and I can finally retire my main FNV character, I intend to run through the game again and, for the first time, try out some mods to alter the experience somewhat. At the moment, I'm cherry picking through the list in the OP to see what mods would be interesting for me to install. I am mostly going for the mods that enhance the game, and wanted to avoid those that add new items and/or quests.

Now I understand that I'm likely very naive if I expect that I won't run into any trouble whatsoever, but I'd like to ask if there are any known problems if I were to install the following mods...

In particular the ones I'm mostly worrying about are Wasteland Defense and Roleplay-Start. I love the idea of both mods, but I'm not certain how stable those two are, the comments in both mods can be a bit negative(while others are saying they're having no problems whatsoever). Does anyone in here have any experience with these two mods, and if so, how bug-free are they?

Roleplay-Start is interesting, but I've had irregular crashes when using it.

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Talkie Toaster posted:

On a lighter note, I finished porting RobCo Certified. Build robots, convert home appliances into mechanical killing machines etc.

Thanks so much. This was a great F3 mod.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Just made a quick mod to fix the looping dialogue bug when you meet your brain at the end of Old World Blues. All it does is flag the lines to only play once.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ulrrt4p62i4385r

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Police Automaton posted:

Ok,since I've been asked for a Guide to make your game look like in my screenshots, I'll write down what I did. This Guide is for People who are experienced enough with modding, so I won't explain details how to make mods work together etc.

First off, I'm using the following weather mod, It's sort of important to use it, because it changes the HDR settings of the game too:

Project Reality

Then I'm using Cinematech to add film grain, which is in my opinion important as it adds much needed depth to scenes. Fallout looks very "flat" by default, which I blame on gamebryo.

CINEMATECH - Film Grains and Styles

(The new version needs NCM which I can only recommend)

My settings in the Menu are the following:

Primary grain effect: Static
Opacity: 25

Secondary Grain Effect: Grit
Opacity: 25 (This one has the biggest effect, adjusting if the grain is to strong should be done here)

Special Effect: Deep Vignette
Opacity: 30
Effect Animation: 120 Frames (adjust down for better performance)

Then I'm using the Imaginator. I also use the Directors chair which again, needs MGM but makes adjusting the settings just so much easier.

For a while I adjusted the colors with shaders, but found this just to be inpractical with no different effect on performance.

Good settings I found are (I left values I left at 0 out):

In the "Lights" menu
EMITTOR: Macurius' marvelous Modification MED

Contrast: 5

Blue: 4
Red: 3
Orange: 4
Yellow: 1
Cyan: 1

(As a rule of thumb, red&yellow make the picture warmer, as blue and cyan make it colder, in the effect.txt (explained later) there are also three settings, moodR, moodG, and moodB
which alter the scenes "temperature" with special weight put towards these three main colors. Experimenting there is helpful too, but only with very, very small adjustments)

Those are very weak settings and it's possible to skip them, a lot of the moodsetting is done by Shaders I put in, which I'll link later.

"Nice Overall Enhancement" is a Imaginator Setting which is useable but oversaturates a lot and makes the sky glow like it's radioactive. I like my game a litte darker and I'd advise to skip it.

Then to the most important Part:
FNV Enhanced Shaders you NEED the full version with post processing, also even if you have a slightly beefy computer, this will bring down your framerate.

I took a few shaders from OBGE and added them to the enbseries shaders, I also adjusted a few .ini values by hand and replaced the color palette. I won't explain every change, I'll just offer this archive as download. Unpack it into your main NV directory and overwrite the files that are there. In the effect.txt there are a lot of values on the top for some of the OBGE shaders to adjust by hand. I encourage to experiment, there's nothing that can be broken that can't be fixed again. (some good settings here to try are moodR = 0.33, moodG = 0.20 and moodB = 0.50 which will make the game look slightly colder outside)

The shaders do this:

(with shaders)

(without shaders)

Now to the last step, enabling SSAO. As far as I know, this is only possible for NVIDIA users. ENBSeries comes with SSAO shaders by default which don't work very well with FNV and cause visual artifacts, even though they're stronger than the inbuilt ones by NVIDIA. ATI users can try their luck by setting EnableOcclusion to 1 in the enbseries.ini, but I recommend against it.

NVIDIA users can just follow this handy guide I found on the Nexus:

(you need the NVIDIA-inspector to do this)

performance tip: As the post processing is rather heavy, with most higher resolutions it's very possible to just turn off AA alltogether or to just set it at 2x, you won't need more and it will bring back a lot FPS.
..and that's it. Good luck with all this.

Awesome thanks.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

EDIT: nvm

The Saddest Rhino fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 10, 2011

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007

Talkie Toaster posted:

They were small, hard to see, and shot missiles at you. How do you want me to give you the models?

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

The Saddest Rhino posted:

EDIT: nvm

You probably already figured it out, but one thing I noticed was the "better 'that' gun" mods - you had two mutually exclusive versions turned on. Alot of mods still require you to pick between one of several versions all included in the same rar file.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Any mods that aren't mentioned in the OP that are really good/you guys can't live without?
I think CRL9000 is in the OP, but I really can't have a playthrough without this mod. It makes the guns actually sound like guns, and it goes a long way to improve the game.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Does anybody know what part of the .esp I have to rip out to have a weather mod without night being unplayably dark?

Vorgimmler
May 7, 2009

rvdleun posted:

Haven't tried Roleplay-Start myself, but Wasteland Defense is great amounts of fun. It's a little complicated at first trying to build up resources to get your great camp started, but it's worth it to see waves of raiders and muties throw themselves into the grinder that is your armed troops.

That being said, I did have some stability issues running it, but it could've been a combination of other mods I had on too. My load order list could be a complete game of its own.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
This is probably a longshot, but does anyone know what the conversion between the in-game representation of speed (units/second?) and real world values is? I'm playing with projectile data but I don't really have any sort of baseline for what the numbers actually mean.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
The guy who did the Reload mod works in ammo manufacturing / design, and he put a huge amount of (mostly unnecessary) detail into that mod, including bullet weights and rescaling weapon damage numbers relative to a projectile's kinetic energy. I suppose you could use his numbers to reverse engineer muzzle velocities, but I can't say how accurate it'll be.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I'm getting a strange issue when I'm in third person. Here's my load order for starters:

FalloutNV.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
HonestHearts.esm
IWS-Core.esm
IWR.esm
Lings.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
Military Explansion Program.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
More Perks.esm
More Traits.esm
aHUD.esm
iHUD.esm
CASM.esp
IWR - Rebuilt.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Continue After End.esp
More Perks Update.esp
More Traits Update.esp
FactionIDCards.esp
CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp
FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-AS-MedSpawns.esp
IWS-AS-NoInteriorSpawns.esp
NCR Rearmament v1.5.esp
Better Burned Man.esp
URWLNV.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp
ShilohDS-Color Maps and Icons.esp
headgearfix.esp
Tag Skills Improved.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
Project Nevada - WMX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - WMX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-Honest Hearts.esp
Casino Anti Anti Cheat.esp
populatedcasino.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
merged.esp

Total active plugins: 52
Total plugins: 52

If I'm at any sort of range, there will be no ballistic impact(smoke, bullet hole) at anything I'm shooting at. Also my aim seems to be kind of... off when I'm in third person. Like it's a little bit below where I'm actually aiming.

Any help?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Brace posted:

m at any sort of range, there will be no ballistic impact(smoke, bullet hole) at anything I'm shooting at. Also my aim seems to be kind of... off when I'm in third person. Like it's a little bit below where I'm actually aiming.

Any help?

I don't know about the first issue - it could be a graphical setting that's doing it (something to reduce complexity). The second is a problem with the base game, though, and was also in Fallout 3. There were some mods that fixed it in FO3, not sure if they have been ported over to New Vegas. It has to do with the fact that your projectiles originate from the character model rather than the middle of the screen where the crosshair is.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Schubalts posted:

Does anybody know what part of the .esp I have to rip out to have a weather mod without night being unplayably dark?

The best fix for this is to pick up the advanced recon sensors (I think that's the name, definitely advanced recon something) mod, it puts various nightvision and tactical computer apparel in the game, notably a full set at helios 1.

Plecks
Sep 26, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

Alright:

Here's the cool cowboy drawing above the TV. If someone knows the source, let me know.

Its a cover art for the Dark Tower comic.
http://www.stephenking.com/darktower/the_gunslinger_born.html

Ye Mighty
Feb 13, 2008
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, Look on my Balls, ye Mighty, and despair!
Might anyone here be able to help me out here? I've been having issues in VATS wherein the process still works, but it won't display the percentages and all the text appears to be dark, and in the wrong place, if it's there at all. It certainly seems like a UI issue, but I can't really figure out what might be causing the issue. Any thoughts?

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
SCAV.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
More Perks.esm
The.Armory.esm
CINEMATECH.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
UHNV.esp
UHNV-Dead Money.esp
UHNV-Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Existence2.0.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - DM.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - OWB Sharing Fix.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
More Perks Update.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
w44Satchels - Full.esp
Comp_Idles_NV.esp
Follower Home Marker.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
Delay DLC - Dead Money.esp
Delay DLC - Honest Hearts.esp
Delay DLC - Old World Blues.esp
TWO BEARS HIGHFIVING.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
Improved Sound FX - WMX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
WMX-ModernWeapons.esp
WMX-DeadMoney.esp
WMX-HonestHearts.esp
WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp
WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp
EVE FNV.esp
FNVEnhancedShaders - AA-DOF Enable.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLHH.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp
The.Armory.Cabinet.Addon.esp

Total active plugins: 54
Total plugins: 58

TheQuad
Jan 16, 2009

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Is THAT what's been causing that? Man, I thought it was something way more complicated than that. Seems to have done the trick for me, though.

That fixed my problem too. Now I'm noticing something really weird. Whenever I run the 4GB aware executable, sometimes things run too fast. NPC's talking animations finish about 2 seconds before the audio does, and my character can run around much faster than he should be able to. This only happens intermittently as far as I can tell, and the regular executable is normal. WTF, I say!

rubbe
Jul 19, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUOUVlNt3gc&hd=1

I installed as many creepy mods as possible pretty hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
I'm considering getting Western Sky after trying and disliking Nevada Skies. Specifically, what I didn't like about Nevada skies was how dark the game got during clouds and rain. I don't mind extremely dark nights, but clouds shouldn't make it difficult to see into the distance. Anyone know if Western Sky is more sensible with this?