Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

CADPAT posted:

I've never even heard of CFSAC or even had any idea what a gun camp was after 5 years in the regforce infantry (aside from a gun camp being mentionned once in IPSWQ followed by "we don't do that much anymore").

Got to the reserves and fired more live rounds in this one summer than the last 3 years in the regforce.

LFWA why you no like shooting? :negative:

I'm the dude organizing (I suppose you could call it that, anyhow) for LFWA (and 1 CMBG) for CFSAC for this year. Are you going to be out in Edmonton for 2 Aug?

Any questions you have, I'm pretty sure I could answer for you (other than how to shoot rifle from the kneeling well :argh:)

Just don't ask me why the army doesn't like giving a loving shooting team ammo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:
I'm in Ottawa now, so I'm shooting with LFCA. We're having problems with getting ammo too :/ There's navy guys out here who get it way easier than we do for ammo. You'd think the army would have the whole "shooting stuff" thing locked down.

I was just really surprised this was such a big thing and I had never heard of it until three months ago. I guess the chain of command out in Shilo didn't like passing that stuff down or something :confused:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Lassitude posted:

No poo poo. Berets aren't bad but the caubeens, glengarry bonnets, and all that other silly poo poo reserve regiments wear instead of berets is incredibly retarded. Either way a hat that isn't some anachronistic bit of pomp would be much more appropriate with combats.

I can just hear the screaming of the highland regiments now.

Barrakketh
Apr 19, 2011

Victory and defeat are the same. I urge you to act but not to reflect on the fruit of the act. Seek detachment. Fight without desire.

Don't withdraw into solitude. You must act. Yet action mustn't dominate you. In the heart of action you must remain free from all attachment.
We destroyed Paul Hellyer and all his works to keep our silly hats. Never underestimate the power of the Highland mafia.

Morristron
Nov 20, 2010

Barrakketh posted:

We destroyed Paul Hellyer and all his works to keep our silly hats. Never underestimate the power of the Highland mafia.

Who? I tried wiki-ing him but nothing about getting hosed over by some dudes in tammyshanters.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Morristron posted:

Who? I tried wiki-ing him but nothing about getting hosed over by some dudes in tammyshanters.

Paul Hellyer, former RCA gunner during WW2, Minister of National Defense who oversaw the integration of the various branches of the military into the Canadian Forces, and UFO Conspiracist.

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

Nothing happen for nothing
All the people earlier in the thread bragging about vacation time: I've been off since June 17th, and am finally headed back to work on Monday, August 8th.

10 days special admin, 8 days annual, 2 special short (air show), 2 or 3 civic holidays.. a couple other things.. yep.

Ruse
Dec 16, 2005

Gentlemen, let's broaden our minds!
Before I deployed in July, I took 37 days of leave. :colbert:

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
gently caress you guys, making my paltry 30 days total, 11 days annual look like garbage. But, whatever, haven't worked since the 8th of July, so I don't care too much

Attire Irony
May 5, 2009
Just had my interview canceled due to Infantry Officer filling up for the year.
My interview was tomorrow. Yup.

Now I need to kill another year before I get to start being a jaded gently caress. Holla.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

On the BMOQ course I am a storeman for, we had a 'infantry officer' cry for being yelled at due to the candidate improperly doing his c7 drills. In fact, he cries any time he is confronted.

He's still on the bloody course despite the course staff's best efforts to get him off.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Hizawk posted:

On the BMOQ course I am a storeman for, we had a 'infantry officer' cry for being yelled at due to the candidate improperly doing his c7 drills. In fact, he cries any time he is confronted.

He's still on the bloody course despite the course staff's best efforts to get him off.

:stare:

Truly, leaders of men.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Man, we're not that hard up for infantry officers...

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Original scheduled time for interview: 11am
Rescheduled time for interview: 1:30pm
Actual time of interview: 3pm
Number of times I have refilled application forms by hand: 4
Number of times application forms are actually read for content: 0

However apparently I am conditionally accepted into the reserves and am waiting to hear from the unit!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Mantle posted:

Original scheduled time for interview: 11am
Rescheduled time for interview: 1:30pm
Actual time of interview: 3pm
Number of times I have refilled application forms by hand: 4
Number of times application forms are actually read for content: 0

However apparently I am conditionally accepted into the reserves and am waiting to hear from the unit!

Remember, don't blink, talk about offing ragheads. The interviewing officer will like your gusto.

What kind of unit are you trying for again?

Mantle
May 15, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

Remember, don't blink, talk about offing ragheads. The interviewing officer will like your gusto.

What kind of unit are you trying for again?

Band. I play trumpet.

However since there is no room in the band officially, I got permission to go in as artillery and parade with both units.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Mantle posted:

Band. I play trumpet.

However since there is no room in the band officially, I got permission to go in as artillery and parade with both units.

Nice! You've gotta know, those boys in the corner with their baggy jeans and platform soles don't give a drat about any trumpet-playing band.

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE
After a good night's sleep

Hizawk posted:

Hahahha

Reserve I assume.

At least tell us what province this guys unit is in. I would give anything to have a sobbing officer on a weekend ex. gently caress that'd be so funny

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Gotta be reserve. Nobody would sign an actual contract to be an infantry officer if they're that big of a pussy. If they're crying though I'd say either they'll fix themselves by the end of it, or quit in shame. I've seen reserve infantry officers who started as indecisive and unimpressive but found their feet by the end of it.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Congrats guys, it's taken just short of 1900 posts but WE'RE GOLD BABY, GOLD!
On that note, is anyone still on waiting lists for essential kit?

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE

MA-Horus posted:

Kit? I roll in the bush with a pair of boots and cam paint. Maybe a weapon. THAT IS ALL.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Flanker posted:

Kit? I roll in the bush with a pair of boots and cam paint. Maybe a weapon. THAT IS ALL.

Why do I have the sudden mental image of you rolling up to a Taliban position covered head-to-toe in cam paint save for a field cap, brandishing your C7 like a battle axe

What the hell?

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE

MA-Horus posted:

Why do I have the sudden mental image of you rolling up to a Taliban position covered head-to-toe in cam paint save for a field cap, brandishing your C7 like a battle axe

What the hell?

That's a flashback not an image.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Flanker posted:

That's a flashback not an image.

:stare:

That's why I never liked sleeping at JFA.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Flanker posted:

Hahahha

Reserve I assume.

At least tell us what province this guys unit is in. I would give anything to have a sobbing officer on a weekend ex. gently caress that'd be so funny

He failed the course on the last day. I knew my staff had it in them. I'm pretty sure he was a reservist. All is right in the world.

Summer leave, bitches!

Elgar
Mar 12, 2005
Hey guys, what is going on I don't understand.
Just got my posting message for 1 VP. Sweet.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

MA-Horus posted:

am I supposed to have only one pair of old-sole WWBs

because I do

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Elgar posted:

Just got my posting message for 1 VP. Sweet.

Cool. Well, you'll enjoy Edmonton at least. Probably. :downsgun:

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Canuck-Errant posted:

am I supposed to have only one pair of old-sole WWBs

because I do

You're supposed to have two, but I also only have one. It doesn't bother me though, the gortex boots destroy my feet. They are the only boots to hurt my feet, and I did a 19km ruck march in mk 3s

Elgar
Mar 12, 2005

Simkin posted:

Cool. Well, you'll enjoy Edmonton at least. Probably. :downsgun:

Are you at 1 or 3?

Almost all of my family comes from either edmonton or a few hours away. So it'll be nice to see them all again. Plus I already have a bunch of friends posted there.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
Edmonton is pretty bomb. Best city I could have got posted to at least. Girls actually like soldiers out here, which is awesome. Move off base as quick as you can if you have buddies getting posted here with you that you wouldn't mind living with.

Also if you see 50 or so guys sweeping 1 CER's parking lot on a friday afternoon, please don't stand by the fence and watch.

Oh, and in humorous 1 CER news, our RSM removed the walls from the shitters because people where drawing dicks on the shitter walls. One more strike and he's going to remove the doors as well and have a sapper stand as shitter picket at all times.

Samu fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 13, 2011

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

Nothing happen for nothing

Samu posted:

i wish i was airforce

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Elgar posted:

Are you at 1 or 3?

Almost all of my family comes from either edmonton or a few hours away. So it'll be nice to see them all again. Plus I already have a bunch of friends posted there.

I'm with the 1st.

Elgar
Mar 12, 2005

Simkin posted:

I'm with the 1st.

Alright well I will most likely see you around in a few weeks then. Hooah

Simkin
May 18, 2007

I won't be back around Bn lines until late September, but there are plenty of good people there. Even if the only other 1VP guy on here is releasing/has released...

Barrakketh
Apr 19, 2011

Victory and defeat are the same. I urge you to act but not to reflect on the fruit of the act. Seek detachment. Fight without desire.

Don't withdraw into solitude. You must act. Yet action mustn't dominate you. In the heart of action you must remain free from all attachment.
For our western friends, Does WO Pat Turpin still run the PAT Pl in Wainwright? I've always wondered what happened to the man.

Morristron
Nov 20, 2010
I'm pretty sure I heard he retired. I've never met the man, so I'm not totally sure, but scuttlebutt says he's retired.

Morristron
Nov 20, 2010

Simkin posted:

I won't be back around Bn lines until late September, but there are plenty of good people there. Even if the only other 1VP guy on here is releasing/has released...

Sorry for the double post. I am totally out. Out as gently caress. You should see my beard.

Summer leave forever!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Hizawk posted:

He failed the course on the last day. I knew my staff had it in them. I'm pretty sure he was a reservist. All is right in the world.

Summer leave, bitches!

This isn't getting enough love.

This is glorious.

On another note, I just recently spent the weekend in Itaweon, the foreigner district of Seoul. Holy gently caress, US Marines are the most recognizable people in the world. Bad tattoos, poorly dressed, high-and-tights. Weak drinkers.

:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barrakketh
Apr 19, 2011

Morristron posted:

I'm pretty sure I heard he retired. I've never met the man, so I'm not totally sure, but scuttlebutt says he's retired.

I've watched that man have a heart attack on parade and fight through it. I can not imagine him retired.

40 years in the Airborne! 3000 jumps! Mhhherrrhr.

I'm having terrible visions again of him and WO Jim Connors following us on bikes with their marker vests while we did morning PT. I need a drink.