Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

AlternateAccount posted:

Do you have to put a civic under it like the original?

It's a Fiero and you know it. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It's a Fiero and you know it. :colbert:

Comedy option is a lambo made to look like a Fiero that has the batmobile kit over it.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

AlternateAccount posted:

Do you have to put a civic under it like the original?

I thought the original used a GM B Body chassis

Blinky Blinkerson
May 9, 2006

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/2536014172.html

what could it need, really ???

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Blinky Blinkerson posted:

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/2536014172.html

what could it need, really ???

A transmission. Head gasket(s). Wheel bearings. MAF / knock sensors. And be prepared to learn it / work on it yourself, as many shops will refuse to touch it - and those who do won't have any idea what the gently caress, and will charge you a shitton to randomly throw parts at it.

(I have two. Neither are currently in drivable condition, as I can't seem to find time to work on them.) :(

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010

Black88GTA posted:

A transmission. Head gasket(s). Wheel bearings. MAF / knock sensors. And be prepared to learn it / work on it yourself, as many shops will refuse to touch it - and those who do won't have any idea what the gently caress, and will charge you a shitton to randomly throw parts at it.

(I have two. Neither are currently in drivable condition, as I can't seem to find time to work on them.) :(

Gods own chariot

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I'd love one, but I'm scared to death to actually buy one.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

YES! this alone is worth it if they're in good shape.

No they aren't. They are 15's. They are worth a little over 1/2 of the price, through.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Motronic posted:

No they aren't. They are 15's. They are worth a little over 1/2 of the price, through.

oh... well that's still not too bad.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

oh... well that's still not too bad.

Not at all. That's what I was saying before. Wheels plus just a few body panels and he's out clean. Hard to get hurt.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
Yeah I just noticed the Fuchs this morning, definitely calling the guy up. I may just get some phonedials, sell the Fuchs and keep the car for a while like I planned.*

Edit: God, I can't wait to find out just how badly hosed the rest of the car is.

* - Or maybe not, I love me some Fuchs. I'd just sell them separately when I sold the car.

Dave Inc. fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 9, 2011

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Dave Inc. posted:

Yeah I just noticed the Fuchs this morning, definitely calling the guy up. I may just get some phonedials, sell the Fuchs and keep the car for a while like I planned.*

Edit: God, I can't wait to find out just how badly hosed the rest of the car is.

* - Or maybe not, I love me some Fuchs. I'd just sell them separately when I sold the car.

PDs are such a downgrade. And you'll only end up with a couple hundred bucks extra (because they are 15"). If they were 16", you could pay off the car and probably get a couple of 15" phone dials before you put any of your own cash in.

Keep the Fuchs. You know you want to.

Edit: They even make this look good

Motronic fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 9, 2011

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
Where in gods name did you source all the parts for that Motronic?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

The Scientist posted:

Where in gods name did you source all the parts for that Motronic?

Like with any other odd-ball, you got to get to know who has parts cars.

rennlist.com is gold for that kind of thing when it comes to Porsches.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

http://jonesboro.craigslist.org/cto/2536722353.html

I... just... What in the flying gently caress :psyduck:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Get rid of those wheels and I don't think it actually looks all that bad.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Plus for some reason among the hillbilly set, the FIVE OH MUSTANG has that legendary status as the must have driveway queen.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

rscott posted:

At least part of it will be easy to see at night :)

Yeah, drop the wheels, and all would be good.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

T1g4h posted:

http://jonesboro.craigslist.org/cto/2536722353.html

I... just... What in the flying gently caress :psyduck:

Wow, haven't seen that yet. I could barely fit 245x15's on my Mustang, that's just silly.

salt the fries!
Dec 24, 2005
Hey have I mentioned yet that my license plate is "TOA5TER"? See, it's kyoot because it's a boxy car! ^_^
Blowing Hard indeed.

e: Running Hard? Why yes, I would be too.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Today I joined the IRL Cool Kids.

Bought today, delivered tomorrow, thread forthcoming. Yes, that is a picture in a barn.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Astroman posted:

Bought today, delivered tomorrow, thread forthcoming. Yes, that is a picture in a barn.

Wow, that is an amazing price if the car actually runs. A good cleaning and compound and you own one of earths great cruisers.

Consider me jealous.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Astroman posted:

As your attorney, I advise you to rent a very fast car with no to... oh...

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Astroman posted:

Everything was automatic. I could sit in the red-leather driver's seat and make every inch of the car jump, by touching the proper buttons. It was a wonderful machine: Ten grand worth of gimmicks and big-priced Special Effects. The rear-windows leaped up with a touch, like frogs in a dynamite pond. The white canvas top ran up and down like a roller-coaster. The dashboard was full of esoteric lights & dials & meters that I would never understand — but there was no doubt in my mind I was in a superior machine.

coinstarpatrick
May 21, 2007

by T. Finn

rscott posted:

Get rid of the wheels and the yellow stripe that goes all the way around the car and it will be a stock fox body. So all is not lost, especially if the stripe is just a vinyl sticker of some kind or electrical tape (lol).

Mecha-Tech
Nov 3, 2008
*sigh* No money, yet I find this.

$300. I could get that in scrap if I wanted to get it shredded, or pull any of the good parts off of it and double my money. I realize that it'll require new...well, hell, everything, but I so love the look of those old trucks.

http://easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/2502913204.html

Edit: broke tables.

Mecha-Tech fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 10, 2011

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Astroman posted:

OH MY. congratulations!!!
I can't wait to see this thread.

AlternateAccount posted:

As your attorney, I advise you to rent a very fast car with no to... oh...

my first thought was, "Watch out this is BAT COUNTRY!"

City17
Dec 3, 2006

Pink paint, skull on the hood and a V-8 all in an obsolete truck? I'm tempted.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/cto/2504197947.html

:ughh:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Landshark posted:

Pink paint, skull on the hood and a V-8 all in an obsolete truck? I'm tempted.

You really can't go wrong, it has a skull on the hood.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit

You're right. AUTOMATIC!?! I will never understand why Toyota even offered that in the mr2.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Mecha-Tech posted:

*sigh* No money, yet I find this.

$300. I could get that in scrap if I wanted to get it shredded, or pull any of the good parts off of it and double my money. I realize that it'll require new...well, hell, everything, but I so love the look of those old trucks.

http://easttexas.craigslist.org/cto/2502913204.html

Edit: broke tables.

Do it, Mooecow did it. What's your excuse?
That could be a pretty sexy truck if it was done up right.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Body kit?
Cold Warm air intake on a 135horse 5sfe.?
Custom interior?
Automatic?

Yep, he could have dumped a good running 3rd gen 3sgte into the car and converted everything to manual for the price of all that bullshit.

the night dad
Oct 23, 2006

by XyloJW
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/2535514916.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdZxCRSnYgI

Ahaha, even the youtube comments show more common sense than this.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

No homo posted:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/2535514916.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdZxCRSnYgI

Ahaha, even the youtube comments show more common sense than this.

One of the comments says it was a production model. That can't possibly be true, right? Who the hell would seriously make a limo out of an economy car?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

SwashedBuckles posted:

One of the comments says it was a production model. That can't possibly be true, right? Who the hell would seriously make a limo out of an economy car?

And he wants significantly more than $15,000 for it?

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

eddiewalker posted:

And he wants significantly more than $15,000 for it?
$36k according to the youtube comments.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Anime Reference posted:

$36k according to the youtube comments.

This has to be a joke. For that kind of money you could have two of them custom made.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
ugh, poor Rabbit(s)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
You could probably get a current-year GTI made into a limo for that kind of money.