Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Zorak posted:

You kind of have to include the other pages where the rant reveals itself as the colossal joke in itself :ssh:

I think you have to start from the beginning of the whole mirror arc to get the full effect, which is quite a lot of pages!

I love PFSC so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valen
Oct 1, 2009

coma posted:

What form does the augmented edition stuff come in if I get it off steam? Whether it's a physical copy or not is going to be the tipping point between the two versions for me.

Things like art books and such are generally PDFs or sometimes a mass of JPGs. I'd imagine the soundtrack will be a bunch of MP3s and the movies and storyboards will be some MP4 or AVI files. It'll probably all show up in some directory called "Extras" or something of that sort in the games install directory.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Valen posted:

Things like art books and such are generally PDFs or sometimes a mass of JPGs. I'd imagine the soundtrack will be a bunch of MP3s and the movies and storyboards will be some MP4 or AVI files. It'll probably all show up in some directory called "Extras" or something of that sort in the games install directory.

And this is exactly how sad and pathetic Collectors Editions have become.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Oh really? :colbert:

For those in the know, will there still be some sort of pepperspray / peppergun style LLT weapon that I can use to assault random bystanders? The yowling that children made when you did this in Deus Ex was just the best.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The more I think of augmentations the more it brings me back to the first game.

I wonder- does Adam have a kill code? Or a way for Sarif Industries to control him beyond that?

Gotta have this drat game.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

For those in the know, will there still be some sort of pepperspray / peppergun style LLT weapon that I can use to assault random bystanders? The yowling that children made when you did this in Deus Ex was just the best.

There's a stun gun, but no pepperspray weapon as far as I know :(

Nelson Mandingo posted:

The more I think of augmentations the more it brings me back to the first game.

I wonder- does Adam have a kill code? Or a way for Sarif Industries to control him beyond that?

My guess is that Sarif wouldn't even need a killcode. He could just transmit the kill signal whenever he wants though (assuming Adam has one)

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Vault Boy gonna kick that dragon's motherfuckin' rear end!

But I'm still pissed at how tiny the Fallout 3 lunchbox was, it is barely large enough for a sandwich. It's like, my diet-lunchpail.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I don't think they really need one, do they? I mean, Adam has plenty of motivation already to assist Serif. He's not exactly their biggest fanboy, but he's got plenty of reason to not be fans of their enemies at the beginning by any means.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Adam doesn't really react to a message you can find in the LIMB clinic: Adam only needed his chest replaced, and one arm and leg were damaged beyond repair, but Sarif had his doctors remove both his arms and legs and replace them, along with an eye.

That would give plenty of grievance to "I never asked for this" choice Adam to work against Sarif, and that's just what I plan to do.

Valen
Oct 1, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Digital Collectors Editions do tend to be kind of weak. I went for the Augmented edition simply because I never picked up Deus Ex on Steam since I have it on the original CD and always just used that, and I figured I'd kick down a few extra bucks on what I thought was a great re-imagining and updating of a game I loved. But if nostalgia weren't compromising my ability to make good decisions, I probably would have went for the standard edition. :smith:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

That would give plenty of grievance to "I never asked for this" choice Adam to work against Sarif, and that's just what I plan to do.

As far as the dialogue options give the leeway to do so I'll probably play as early Marid Audran from <i>When Gravity Fails</i>. Self-confident in his natural abilities, doesn't like moddies, independant streak, et cetera.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Am I misremember, or aren't there prominently two different anti-transhumanism groups in DX:HR, Humanity Front and Purity First? I mean, who knows how it'll actually go down in the game, but I thought PF was more of the extremist side of the issue which would explain some of the ridiculousness of the trailer.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I just kinda hope they manage to walk the middle ground well enough without going too much one direction or another with it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I've been mostly blackout with this so far. Was a little disappointed seeing the cover system at E3 since it made me think "consoleitis." The OP has lit my fires again though

My favorite moment from the original game: getting offered mines by a gang boss to off his rivals. And upon receiving payment from the gang boss I gassed him with his own presents and did him in too.

thescience
Jul 18, 2006

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Adam doesn't really react to a message you can find in the LIMB clinic: Adam only needed his chest replaced, and one arm and leg were damaged beyond repair, but Sarif had his doctors remove both his arms and legs and replace them, along with an eye.

Hopefully they have it at some point that you can acknowledge that you have already figured it all out. From what I can tell it's a little darker than just the first snippets you get at the beginning. One of the emails in the Sarif building, I think, talks about significantly more tissue samples of Patient X have become available in the past few months. So it seems Sarif did all the extraneous upgrades not just to have a better soldier, but to steal your organs and body parts to make money.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

Dillweed posted:

I posted it earlier, but you get the pre-order pack with the Tong mission if you order a digital copy from Impulse, too (since it's now GameStop-owned), along with copies of Deus Ex GotY and Invisible War. That's for both the standard and Augmented editions.
Thank you!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yes, really. Just like every "statue" that comes with a game, the nice pics are all taken with the production samples that someone spent hours, if not days painting. The statues that come with the game, they're made of PVC, and the paint work will likely be south of adequate. Save your cash and buy a McFarlane Dragons action figure, which cost about $15 and will doubtlessly be higher quality than the "statue" you get with Skyrim.

Hell, did anyone see those bookends they put in the MK4 collectors edition? Those things were ugly as poo poo and the quality was abysmal.

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yes, really. Just like every "statue" that comes with a game, the nice pics are all taken with the production samples that someone spent hours, if not days painting. The statues that come with the game, they're made of PVC, and the paint work will likely be south of adequate. Save your cash and buy a McFarlane Dragons action figure, which cost about $15 and will doubtlessly be higher quality than the "statue" you get with Skyrim.

Hell, did anyone see those bookends they put in the MK4 collectors edition? Those things were ugly as poo poo and the quality was abysmal.

Getting the Halo 3 Legendary Edition pretty much cleared up any and all temptation I'd ever have of buying another collector's edition. I still keep the stupidly undersized Master Chief helmet around to remind me of how much of a loving idiot I was for spending $100 on a model helmet that looked much better (and bigger) in the ads and a behind-the-scenes DVD that I never watched. Just by reading around on forums, most every tchotchke bundled in with has usually been of similar or worse quality. The closest I ever got to breaking down and buying a CE for the toy was Arkham Asylum and the Batarang that looked simple enough not to gently caress up and at least made out of metal. Snapped out of it when I found out it was hollow plastic with a lovely paint job that wouldn't even come off of its stand.

Ironically, the only worthwhile game-related goody I ever got was a bobble-head that I got for free when I pre-ordered Viewtiful Joe. The thing is big, sturdy, made from decent materials and the bobble works right and while it isn't much to look at, it's far, FAR above anything else I've gotten for free or even paid for, which is why I've hung onto it for so long.

So that this post isn't completely devoid of anything DE: HR-related: I've read about the mandatory four boss fights in the game and I'm a bit ticked, since I was planning on doing a hacking/stealth/negotiator-type run. For those who've played the leak and have already run into a boss should I invest into any combat augmentations or is just having a decent sidearm like a Magnum or Machine Pistol enough to deal with a boss?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

I've been mostly blackout with this so far. Was a little disappointed seeing the cover system at E3 since it made me think "consoleitis." The OP has lit my fires again though

My favorite moment from the original game: getting offered mines by a gang boss to off his rivals. And upon receiving payment from the gang boss I gassed him with his own presents and did him in too.

Don't worry, the cover mechanics work really well. You can do SWAT turns between cover too- and even at long range. Adam will roll into cover. It's really cool looking and adds a lot of dramatic tension when you're in a heavy firefight. Also the AI is "smart enough" to be tricked. You can get enemy's attention and sneak into a flanking spot, and the enemy will think you're hiding out where you first got their attention.

It also helps the fact that enemies in large groups do work in teams. They'll have some guys stay back and lay down covering fire, while a few others move up to your location. I've died many times because of this.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Aug 11, 2011

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pretentious Turtle posted:

My guess is that Sarif wouldn't even need a killcode. He could just transmit the kill signal whenever he wants though (assuming Adam has one)

Adam's implants were done through LIMB rather than a secret black-ops government agency, so they might have had ethical issues if asked to install a killswitch.

Dr. Glasscock
Apr 15, 2004

HOO-DAH!!! Fatal Wiimote blow to the face, 20 points!

Jetpack Postman posted:

Getting the Halo 3 Legendary Edition pretty much cleared up any and all temptation I'd ever have of buying another collector's edition. I still keep the stupidly undersized Master Chief helmet around to remind me of how much of a loving idiot I was for spending $100 on a model helmet that looked much better (and bigger) in the ads and a behind-the-scenes DVD that I never watched. Just by reading around on forums, most every tchotchke bundled in with has usually been of similar or worse quality. The closest I ever got to breaking down and buying a CE for the toy was Arkham Asylum and the Batarang that looked simple enough not to gently caress up and at least made out of metal. Snapped out of it when I found out it was hollow plastic with a lovely paint job that wouldn't even come off of its stand.

Ironically, the only worthwhile game-related goody I ever got was a bobble-head that I got for free when I pre-ordered Viewtiful Joe. The thing is big, sturdy, made from decent materials and the bobble works right and while it isn't much to look at, it's far, FAR above anything else I've gotten for free or even paid for, which is why I've hung onto it for so long.

The only special edition I've ever gotten was Devil May Cry 4 (I think that was one of the earlier ones that had something like an art book). The case itself was pretty cool I think.

I grabbed the Augmented edition of this one because it comes with a copy of the soundtrack which I would have happily paid $10 or more for separately.

jcp982
Apr 5, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

Also bares mentioning that there will be plenty of opportunities in the new game to deal and steal from black market thugs.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ME2's non digital CE was okay; in the way that although the extra poo poo wasn't super spectacular the artbook was okay and the steelcase looks rad.

Beach
Dec 13, 2004

No sign of intelligent life on this planet.
So I was looking through the screen shots in the OP and I got to the one of the Montreal skyline from Mt Royal and I could see my house. :stare:

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Beach posted:

So I was looking through the screen shots in the OP and I got to the one of the Montreal skyline from Mt Royal and I could see my house. :stare:

Congratulations. It's not everyday someone becomes forever immortalized.

Dr Mantis Toboggan
Feb 22, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Jetpack Postman posted:

So that this post isn't completely devoid of anything DE: HR-related: I've read about the mandatory four boss fights in the game and I'm a bit ticked, since I was planning on doing a hacking/stealth/negotiator-type run. For those who've played the leak and have already run into a boss should I invest into any combat augmentations or is just having a decent sidearm like a Magnum or Machine Pistol enough to deal with a boss?

The easiest way to defeat the boss is just to throw explosive barrels at him. They damage and stun the boss long enough for you to pick up and throw another barrel. Do that 5 or so times and you are set. A character without any skill points spent could easily beat him that way so don't worry about combat augs if you don't like to play that way.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Dr Mantis Toboggan posted:

The easiest way to defeat the boss is just to throw explosive barrels at him. They damage and stun the boss long enough for you to pick up and throw another barrel. Do that 5 or so times and you are set. A character without any skill points spent could easily beat him that way so don't worry about combat augs if you don't like to play that way.

Ehhh, I wouldn't say that's the easiest.

I did it buy tossing an emp grenade at him and then running up and emptying my shotgun into his head at point blank range. I had no combat augs and this worked great.

Adraeus
Jan 25, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I just checked out Tecman's original posts. That's a work of art.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Lone Badger posted:

Adam's implants were done through LIMB rather than a secret black-ops government agency, so they might have had ethical issues if asked to install a killswitch.

This is Cyberpunk. LIMB is the secret government agency.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.

Bruceski posted:

This is Cyberpunk. LIMB is the secret government agency.

Yeah seriously, nothing is innocent at all in the Deus Ex universe. Everything is part of the conspiracy in one form or another.

:tinfoil:

Neosuki
Jul 14, 2004

Dr Mantis Toboggan posted:

Hmm. Don't you need the Strength Aug for that? I found that the Cloak Aug was indispensable for successfully evading him. Once I got out of his LOS, I just wandered around and picked up all the goodies available.

Intense
Mar 23, 2011
The Fable 3 collectors edition was sick.

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

Neosuki posted:

Hmm. Don't you need the Strength Aug for that? I found that the Cloak Aug was indispensable for successfully evading him. Once I got out of his LOS, I just wandered around and picked up all the goodies available.

I don't know if it does, but whether it does or not is moot for me. I plan putting a point in Strength Aug fairly early, since being able to dick around with objects to make your own paths/stairs seems to be a fairly good way to avoid enemies. Anyway, thanks for the advice guys. Each of your methods vary pretty wildly, which I take as a pretty good sign when it comes to how open-ended the game is. It seems like I just have to keep myself open to wild experimentation whenever it looks like I'd get stuck, which is never a bad thing.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Also, there's a semi-convenient rocket launcher a level or two right before the boss. If you've bought inventory space you can handle the boss pretty straightforwardly with it.

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!
OH GOD
http://twitpic.com/64hd1d

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
I just want a steam preload. I just want to know it's real.

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
A Day At Eidos Montreal - Current number of updates: 4
( http://worthplaying.com/article/2011/8/11/news/82797/ )

We're on site at Eidos Montreal today, checking out the final version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and spending time chatting with the developers to get an inside view. Although our review is embargoed for another week or so, Square Enix said everything else was up for grabs. We'll be updating this post throughout the day, as well as updating the official WorthPlaying Twitter feed. Bookmark this page and follow us on Twitter for live updates. You can also tweet us specific questions for the developers, and we'll try to answer the most interesting ones.

10:00 AM
Arrived at Eidos Montreal. Who knew there was a booze shop right next door? http://post.ly/2qfpu
After checking in at the front desk, we headed into a conference room for breakfast and an overview of the day. Most of what they covered was the basics, which you can find in our hands-on preview, but we got one new tidbit confirmed, and that has to do with upgrades.

If you get all of the upgrade points in the game (Praxis points), you will only be able to unlock about 70-75% of the augmentations. Most players will unlock less. The idea is that the developers want you to be able to play through the game a second time and try a completely different style.

Unfortunately, there is no New Game Plus option with the ability to keep your existing augmentations. If you want to try a new augmentation path, you are starting over from the beginning.

After the demo, we're splitting off into three different breakout sessions for more details on specific systems.

11:00 AM
Frank Lapikas (Senior Game Designer) – Hacking and Social Demo

First task at hacking was a lot more complex. Play-tested the original concept for three months, but it was too complex for testers. "They just didn't know what was going on." The developers had everything recorded in Excel and used that to test out the paths for the hacking minigame before actually coding it into the game.

A former UI designer came up with the current representation of the network. The team at Eidos Montreal wanted to make sure it was visual and easy to understand.

All of the computers in a given level are on the same network. This is shown through e-mails as well as the security systems, where you can log into a computer in one area and take control of security cameras and robots in another area. Security cameras and sentries can be used, shut off, etc.

Every device has a specific password. If you know the password (say, from a prior playthrough) to a machine you can enter it in, even if you've not "found" it in the game during that playthrough.

Basis for the conversation with Wayne at the police station was created after Lapikas broke up with his girlfriend. He came into the office the next day and used that emotional background to generate the core of Wayne and Jensen's backstory.

When talking to characters, you get one shot for key conversations. If you piss off a character, that's it. There is no chance to try again unless you reload a prior save. Conversations have an element of randomness in them as well, so even if you reload a save, you may not get the exact same options.

"Winning" a conversation can be made easier by using the social augmentation, as that will give you direct feedback on what the AI character is feeling and thinking, making it easier for you to read them and therefore manipulate them.

Much like the hacking bits, all of the key conversation paths were prototyped in Excel with a Visual Basic front end. Gameplay testers went through the conversations in Excel before they were finalized and approved for inclusion in the game. Once approved, conversations were sent out for audio recording and programmed in.

Conversation is basically a "rock-paper-scissors" mechanic.

You can go off-script in most of the game. However there are a limited number of main characters that cannot be killed off until they are no longer needed.

You will make multiple visits to each hub in the game, but the game decides when you come back. You cannot manually move from hub to hub.

According to Lapikas, each of the multiple endings are distinct, but all of them allow for the setup of the original Deus Ex. In creating Human Revolution, they used a story bible, but also constantly referred to the original game to ensure world consistency. The developers behind Human Revolution know that the original Deus Ex did a lot of things right, so they tried to keep the good stuff while adding what they felt was missing and changing the things that they thought Deus Ex didn't do right.

11:45 AM
Level Design and Stealth Gameplay Demo with René-Martin Pauzé (Lead level designer) and Julien Hantz (Senior Level Designer)

After the hacking and social demo, we ducked into a meeting room with René-Martin Pauzé and Julien Hantz to talk about the level design and stealth gameplay aspects of Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

One of the first things they told us is that they wanted to ensure that stealth players were rewarded since it takes a lot of work to stay hidden versus just powering your way through with a gun. If you are a total ghost, you will get more experience.

If you are not noticed, the NC patrols stay relaxed. They are easier to avoid. Once you are detected the AI gets suspicious and aggressive. They will call alarms so other people can come out to find you. Alarms stay in the local area.

Stealth gameplay and combat are both based on the cover system. They do not rely on shadows, instead it is all about line of sight. Each level has a stealth path, with cover.

One thing that was particularly difficult when creating a level in Human Revolution was the simple fact that the developers had no idea which augments a given player would have unlocked at that point. They had to make sure that there was a path though no matter what. In fact, they said one of the requirements was that you be able to play through the entire game without enabling any augmentations. It’s much more difficult to do so, but it is possible.

We were also told that you can play through all of Human Revolution as a completely stealth game. If you’re good enough, the only required combat sequences are the boss fights.

Crossbow is a useful weapon if you’re going for stealth as it is a silent weapon.

There are a decent number of alternate paths and hidden rooms that can be opened up by using the punch through wall augmentation. This is a context sensitive augmentation, so if you have it you can see the walls that are possible to break through. If you do not have the augmentation you can still break down the wall with weapons (every breakable wall has its own health meter), but you will not see any obvious notation that it is destructible. You will have to look for subtle clues.

At this point the developers switched into a gameplay demo, showing off one of the levels we played in our hands-on preview. They were highlighting all the different possible ways to approach the first mercenary camp, right outside the entrance of the underground F.E.M.A. base.

The key takeaway was that there is ALWAYS a way to bypass a situation. You can always fight, but unless it is a boss encounter, you are never required to do so.

When designing levels for each area, the developers targeted an average of one hour of gameplay time. Since each level has multiple paths, someone who is trying to explore every single path through can easily take much more time. Just like in real life, the physical size of a level can be much bigger than quickest path requires.

12:30 PM
Frank McCann (level designer) JF Champagne (level designer) – Multipath Options and Side Quests

The primary goal was to give players the option to play the way they wanted to play. Some of the options are tricky and risky, but it’s doable. Upgrading weapons and augmentations will give you an edge, but none of them are necessary.

The first thing the developers laid out when developing side quests was that they wouldn’t just be filler. Every side quest is either very important, deals with somebody you care about or is very interesting from a story perspective. The focus was on quality over quantity, where playing each side quest reveals more about the world.

You are free to play all of the side quests or none of them. How you approach side quests can have an impact on the later game as your efforts in the early game will have repercussions. Just like the primary quests, your choices are important. Nothing in the game should feel like a throwaway element.

It is also possible to close off possible side quests by killing a key character before the quest is available. Unlike the core missions, side quests are not considered essential and the game will not prevent you from inadvertently locking yourself out of one.

Counting the side quests separately from the primary story path, we’re told that they add approximately 12 – 15 hours of gameplay. That’s a lot of optional content that is sure to appeal to player who want to really delve into the lore of the Deus Ex world.

After taking a bit, the two developers wanted to give us a practical example of some of the multipath gameplay in the Detroit city hub. We took a look at the assault on a gang hideout, exploring each of the different paths. First they went for a full on frontal attack, with guns blazing. This got the AI worked up, and was a good way to show off how both the alert and cover systems worked. Using available cover and line of sight, our intrepid demo agent ducked behind some random trash while the AI guards furiously searched for him. Then, with a little backtracking, he showed off a few of the different ways he could have snuck in and avoided the guards entirely.

Difficulty level impacts the health points of the AI characters. There are not different amounts of characters, they are simply harder or easier to kill. They do not get smarter.

The two developers emphasized that Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a tactical shooter. This means that if you do decide to go head-on with enemies, even with combat augmentations, you have to be smart about it. Just pulling out your weapon and charging in like Rambo means that you’re likely to get shot to pieces.

Some pictures in addition to the above one:

Saliciouscrumb
Jan 15, 2002
This might be a stupid question, but I've always wondered, especially in games with stealth elements, do you get experience for the bad guys you slip around? I mean, netting experience for shooting guys is pretty straightforward, but does Deus Ex calculate the number of bad guys Adam sneak around afterwards? And then give Adam experience points for that?

What about money/credits? Letting bad guys off the hook seems to be pretty good way to deny oneself good loot.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Saliciouscrumb posted:

This might be a stupid question, but I've always wondered, especially in games with stealth elements, do you get experience for the bad guys you slip around? I mean, netting experience for shooting guys is pretty straightforward, but does Deus Ex calculate the number of bad guys Adam sneak around afterwards? And then give Adam experience points for that?

What about money/credits? Letting bad guys off the hook seems to be pretty good way to deny oneself good loot.

You get various XP bonuses for going through areas unseen / without alarms, but IIRC they're not directly proportional to the number of enemies in the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008
I know someone here is going to answer your question better and more completely than I do (and probably first), but Adam gets points if he completes the entire objective without being seen by enemies.

Modern stealth games are probably different with all the RPG elements going on, but older stealth games don't usually incorporate XP points for not being seen into their games. It's long been overlooked, probably because the programming would be much more involved.

I think with HR, you can go back and get the action based XP by completing the mission without being seen and then going back and killing everyone, but I could be wrong. I was never able to get the "ghost" XP bonus.

• Locked thread