Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

Yo Scrotos, what's the status on that Mordecai trade?

My team can not make up it's mind on whether to compete or not you still want to do it even though you are way under .500?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

Holy poo poo

Team batting line of .233/.299/.296, I'm actually surprised I haven't been no-hit more

I'm still 67-54 because pitching and defense owns

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
As much as I love dingers, I don't think I would object if Barry just did this for the rest of the season.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
That's basically what you draft '07 Barry for.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Having never used '07 Barry before, I now intend to use him as much as possible. What a great guy to toss in the 9 hole for most of the season (moving him up for important series)

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I'll ask again about fantasy football, I'd love to get a league going.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
My $100m WISC roster was illegal and it took them this long to notify me :negative:

I very very very quickly pulled together a replacement pulling the offending Reb Russell and Ed Summers for 1985 Tudor and 2002 Pedro.

Eh.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

How was it illegal? Too many/not enough players from a certain pitcher?

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

AlleyViper posted:

How was it illegal? Too many/not enough players from a certain pitcher?

The season of Reb Russell I had used is technically listed as a reliever, even though he was a regular starter and had a low-side starter IP/G.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Well, he made more appearances in relief than he started in 1916. I'm pretty surprised you didn't keep it set for SP while searching.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

Well, he made more appearances in relief than he started in 1916. I'm pretty surprised you didn't keep it set for SP while searching.

I thought I did!

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

kensei posted:

I'll ask again about fantasy football, I'd love to get a league going.

I'm down (as are a decent amount of people), but I think no one wants to just bite the bullet and make the league :v:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Bob Shabazz posted:

I'm down (as are a decent amount of people), but I think no one wants to just bite the bullet and make the league :v:

I will on Monday at work. Does any one have a preference for Head to Head or scoring types or anything else?

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
I guess the only major question is IDPs or team defenses, I don't really have a preference.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I like Team Defenses, so that is what I will do unless a bunch of people object.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Open the WISC with a 2-4 update where all my Addies turn in losing performances :sigh:

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

3-3 with all 3 losses coming on multiple 9th inning or extra inning comebacks :(

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

I opened 5-1, only loss in extras :toot:

Pete Alexander comes a HBP away from a perfect game in Game 3 of the Macho Man league

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I've always wanted to give IDP a shot sometime, but I'll go with Team Defense if no one else wants IDP

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

After playing with IDPs, team defense is incredibly boring by comparison.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
I prefer IDPs.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I think it's safe to say that the pitching on this team is better than it was last season. Still don't know why Al Dali isn't destroying people, though. Also, I think Ted Chouinard was ready for the big leagues.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Nothing like losing a game in the WISC fielding league on a three-run error by a guy with an A glove.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I knew this league would happen eventually. Anyone interested?
http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=442803&TopicsTimeframe=30

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

As some of you may know, I have a ton of HBD teams. As I love HBD, this seemed crazy but was never a problem. However, with some of the developments in my life over the past few weeks (namely a death in the family which has taken up a ton of my time, and the purchase of my first house which takes up all my money), I do not have the time nor funds to continue running so many teams. Luckily, I've already purchased enough seasons to where I can stay in Dimaggio and maybe a second or third world and have plenty to play, but that still leaves a number of teams that could use a caretaker, some for longer stretches of time than others. And that's where you, the goon WIS fanatic, comes in.

I am offering up free seasons to anyone who wishes to look to take over any of my available teams. They've all been paid for and have anywhere from 28 to 77 days remaining. I'll be more than happy to transfer them to you and allow you to take over instead of having me run these teams into the ground while I don't pay attention.

Available teams include:

Kansas City Kahunas (Spahn) - 28 days left in the season. I don't much care for this world or this team. 35-80 and in last place. Meh.

Buffalo Roam (Aaron) - 32 days remaining. This team has some really awesome young talent, plus I signed a really badass IFA this season. Team is in second-place in the division. There are other goons in this world already (MDP, evilbeard, Art, Anubis) so it's not a bad option if you're looking for another world.

Minnesota Norsemen (Robinson) - 37 days left. Defending divisional champion, currently something like 13 games above .500 and in second in the division, but leading or right at the top of the wild card race. This team is pretty good, like I said, I just don't have the time to follow it. Could easily get a playoff berth added to your profile for free by taking this one.

St. Louis Clydesdales (Roy Hobbs) - 39 days left. This is one of my favorite worlds, and this team is loaded. Unfortunately, so is our division, so we're 5 games above .500 and fluctuate between 2nd and 4th place on a regular basis. Really great world, good team with a great ML roster and some young pieces in place on the farm as well. Highly recommended.

Milwaukee Beers (Schmidt) - 53 days left. I joined this one on invite and decided to go the "outrageous payroll" route, so I have a 115m budget and an okay but not great team. Really could use someone to look after it.

Trenton Tarantinos (Ruth) - 76 days left. This team has the #1 overall pick, in addition to having a number of nice prospects on the farm (including SPs that were taken #2 overall last season and #1 overall the season before). There are goons in this world as well. Definitely a nice project for someone to take over.

Chicago Fire (USMLB) - 77 days remaining. This is what caused me to finally decide to give up my teams, after I pulled a Random New Dimaggio Owner move and left my best pitching prospect unprotected in the Rule 5 (he was a lefty with a sub-60 vR split, but still). However, I had a really awesome draft last season and there's still quite a bit of talent, plus the world is really great so this is one of the better available options.

I've also got a team in world Alexander that I'm debating on whether or not I should keep, it's in good shape as well with 67 days remaining. Somehow I doubt I'll be able to give all these away so might as well keep that one (along with Dimaggio, Mike Greenwell and CubsWin, the only other worlds I wanna keep).

PM me or reply here if you're interested.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Denied my first 6-0 update by this game :argh:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Geez, I didn't expect a lot in RC&C from Sonny Siebert, but if he keeps his WHIP at 1.9~ for much longer my bullpen's going to die. If he gets it together, this team should be a juggernaut.

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

It may be an early exit for me in the WISC. My bullpen is already stamina deprived in half my leagues, and the other half are the teams I was worried about not having enough innings for the whole season so they'll likely catch up soon.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

So far the best OPS of my 110m hitters is .678

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=15388171&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=10 :daffy:

This game wrecked my hitters' stamina, too.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Nasboat why are all these good talents up at 2-3 Minor league years when the team is not ready to compete :cry:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

So...this happened in the WISC.

e: Derek Jeter makes 3 - plays :lol:

AlleyViper fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 11, 2011

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
WiS Fantasy Football Edition

The password is: hojo

edit: I had to make a new league to include sacks as a scoring stat. If you joined before, rejoin now!

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 11, 2011

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax
Rice Not Lynn still hasn't filled. Harold Reynolds rolled at the same time and is already a week into the regular season. :razz:

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

EvilBeard posted:

edit: I had to make a new league to include sacks as a scoring stat. If you joined before, rejoin now!

Count me in

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

EvilBeard posted:

The Washington DC Humiliation have joined up! I got dibs on John Beck with the first pick!

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Okay, so maybe playing Max Bishop at SS wasn't the best idea...

He shouldn't be THIS much worse than Wes Parker, should he?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My Aaron team is in a full on freefall and I have no idea why. It's an incredibly talented team, we're just nowhere near as good as the best teams.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Ivan Drago posted:

It may be an early exit for me in the WISC.

You're sitting just outside the top 24 right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

You're sitting just outside the top 24 right now!
A few of my teams are in stamina hell though after some ridiculously long extra inning games. I have no idea how to recover from this:

• Locked thread