Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChurlishToff
Oct 24, 2010

BRONY SPOTTED
Today I looked in the mirror, and I noticed that my haircut is very dapper :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
Work life is going great! :) Every few days I do testing that takes 5 hours minimum and the past four times it's come out messed up. Today, my plates came out PERFECT! And I have a third interview somewhere on Friday! And I had an awesome interview last Friday! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Lotron
Aug 15, 2006

Still clownin'
I woke up late around 3 PM
things were looking and feeling grim,
but I grooved upon my drums and then,
my outlook changed for the best again.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I got called to schedule a job interview for the first time in loving forever. Hopefully this will be the only one I need and I can finally get out of this hellhole that is unemployment.

Got the job. :woop:

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
I just ran into Michael Bubl on the street.

:aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa:

That makes it sound like I hit him with my car. I mean I was walking downtown and he was outside his hotel and I gave him directions to the mall and the park and advised him not to go to a different mall and then I took a picture with him.

Vigilante Banana has a new favorite as of 01:55 on Aug 10, 2011

Budget Bears
Feb 7, 2011

I had never seen anyone make sweet love to a banjo like this before.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Got the job. :woop:

Awesome, congrats!

Spent five hours helping out with/observing several toddler and preschool music classes today. It was so ridiculously fun and I can't wait to go back. The kids gave me hugs when they left. :3:

Bloody Mayhem
Jan 25, 2007

Victimology is all over the place!
It was more or less laundry day today, so I grabbed one of the shirts that I usually reserve for slumming around at home.

I noticed that a lot of people throughout the day looked at me funny.

When I came back home, I realized that I was wearing the shirt I got during my microbiology undergrad. It says Pho.Q in bright, sparkly letters. Very few people will get the joke, but everybody can read :j:.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Had a dream last night where I ran into my makeout buddy from high school, and we hooked up again :3: I haven't talked to her in a long time, I wonder how she is...

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I got a haircut today, and I am apparently getting glasses! And it's my last day of work today (I'm scheduled for two more days, but I have ways of getting those off).

Edit: I also broke my friend's minecraft server. With a really huge TNT explosion.

I feel satisfied at least...

The Jumpoff has a new favorite as of 08:21 on Aug 10, 2011

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Discovered that I'm losing significant amounts of weight, which is a big deal for me. Awesome.

I should be getting the final piece of my new computer this afternoon, which will also be awesome.

My mate is back from his 6 week shift at sea, and we're going drinking this weekend.

My girlfriend's sister just had her second kid and the kid is healthy (there were some worries based on ultrasound).

One of my favorite 90s bands is playing at a local pub next week and I just got tickets.

I'm going to dinner with my other mate and his fiancee tonight and she's a really awesome cook (and their kids are cute as hell).

In short, everything is going right for me today :)

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Started getting bored and dispirited at my cubicle IT job, so I went to the cigar bar after work.

Struck up a conversation with an older dude about IT, stegography (spelling?), and various InfoSec methods and practices. I told him my goal was to work in intelligence or something in a few years.

Turns out this guy was Jim B Christy, who is kinda the original cyber-crimes / DoD go-to guy. He said he'd be in contact and to start looking at apartments around DC if I actually wanted a new job!

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
My life is fantasy camp.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

AlphaDog posted:

One of my favorite 90s bands is playing at a local pub next week and I just got tickets.

You can't just say this and not tell me what band it is. I need my nostalgia fix!

So today I went into my doctor's office to get the immunizations I need so that I can teach in Thailand. Two nurses came in, counted to three, jabbed both my shoulders, and then gave me the best bandages I've ever seen in my goddamn life: red and blue Crayola crayons. :3:

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Modal Auxiliary posted:

You can't just say this and not tell me what band it is. I need my nostalgia fix!

Jebediah. http://www.jebediah.net/

Not the best band in the world, but good memories of seeing them live when I was a teenager.

The first three vids on their site are worth watching (Military Strongmen, Leaving Home, and Harpoon) since they're all from the first album Slightly Oddway.

Elector_Nerdlingen has a new favorite as of 09:13 on Aug 10, 2011

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

AlphaDog posted:

Jebediah. http://www.jebediah.net/

Not the best band in the world, but good memories of seeing them live when I was a teenager.

The first three vids on their site are worth watching (Military Strongmen, Leaving Home, and Harpoon) since they're all from the first album Slightly Oddway.

Wow, they're like Green Day if Green Day wasn't American or self-righteous. That absolutely scratched my itch- they totally have that iconic 90's guitar tone and production. "Harpoon" is a tasty jam, too. Reminds me of something I would have listened to on my boombox in junior high. Thanks for that!

Edit: On second thought, I'm kinda getting a Frenzal Rhomb vibe.

Modal Auxiliary has a new favorite as of 10:07 on Aug 10, 2011

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

They're not a lot like Frenzal at all really. Jeb shows were usually uni students and people like that. In fact, they often played at universities. Frenzal shows were... somewhat different.

If you liked Harpoon, you'll probably like the cover by Something For Kate, which is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksaYv0XFbJk

Budget Bears
Feb 7, 2011

Went back to school today and was kind of bummed to end my summer so soon. Then I found out that, not only do I only have to stick around for a little under 2 hours every day, but one of the few classes I have to go to is with my favorite teacher ever.

I'll be out of class by 11:30 every day, which means I can work during the week, and keep volunteering at the kids' music class! For the first time in my high school career, school is not eating up my entire life. Hell yes senior year.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just got my first ever laptop (lenovo v570). I would consider myself a gadget nerd, have a robotic vacuum etc, but always found laptops a little too cumbersome to be practical. That is still the case but I was tired of sharing the one computer with my wife/surfing the web on my iphone.

They're so cheap now it's stupid to not have one.

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

nope

not black enough has a new favorite as of 21:38 on Jul 13, 2022

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
My new glasses have pretty much made me realize that my vision wasn't as awesome as I recall.

Everything is amazingly sharp and clear now. And I have 20/25 vision naturally.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
Officially became the property manager of my condo.

Then I went to the dentist, and discovered the cavity I was going to get filled has disappeared (I have no idea how this happened but I'm not complaining) and the bonding I was going to get replaced is still in good enough shape that I didn't need to get it re-done.

Then I went and got new sunglasses lenses and my computer fixed.

Then I went to go ride ponies for the first time in three months.

Today was a good day.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

not black enough posted:

Some say love makes you blind, I feel that my girlfriend has proven to me the opposite; I see the true beauty in life now.

:3::3::3: baww

I just woke up so I don't know but reading that is a nice way to start my day.

At least last night I finally got the nail polish shade I've been ready to cut a bitch over that has been sold out everywhere I checked. Maybe that can tie in to today?

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Wow, they're like Green Day if Green Day wasn't American or self-righteous. That absolutely scratched my itch- they totally have that iconic 90's guitar tone and production. "Harpoon" is a tasty jam, too. Reminds me of something I would have listened to on my boombox in junior high. Thanks for that!

Edit: On second thought, I'm kinda getting a Frenzal Rhomb vibe.

Is there something wrong with Green Day being American? :smith: Give Pinhead Gunpowder a try, technically speaking I suppose it's one of Billy Joe's side projects but there's a lot of other talented musicians involved.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
My brother won an audition for an awesome job as a musician.

I found a liquor store going out of business on its last day, 15 minutes before close. The sale was for 30% off, but he gave me 60% off anything i wanted. I got 15 liters of liquor (Makers Mark, Smirnoff, Sailor Jerrys, Jim Bean, Kraken were the nice ones) for 100 bucks.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Veronica Corningstone and I had sex and we are now in love

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Despite having to get a tooth filled at the dentist's office, today was super awesome because my Shihan (leader of the karate school I go to) bought me dinner since I'm going away to college, and it'd be the last time I saw him and everyone in a while. Chinese food is always better when it's free.

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

I went from having a vague idea to a completed prototype t-shirt with some demand for it in less than 12 hours. Add this to the excitement of going on vacation for two weeks and most of that time will be spent in Reno at WorldCon.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
Two places I've interviewed at called my references today :) I have a third interview at one of the places tomorrow and the other is supposed to be getting back to me by the end of this week about whether I got the job!

While the job stuff is exciting, what really made my day awesome is knowing that I have so many people in my life willing to say amazing things about me and give me a good reference.

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away
Got an interview tomorrow. We might not have to sell the house to pay gramma's debt. Happy as hell, I need a job, like, now.

Budget Bears
Feb 7, 2011

Went to swing dance class with my coworker/major crush. We danced close and slow even though the music was fast, and he dipped me, and even though I was scared, he leaned close and said, "you're safe, I've gotcha."

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Best day of our honeymoon so far. Saw beautiful scenery, went horseback riding, shamelessly ate Ben and Jerry's ice cream, took a lift ride to the top of the mountain and back down, ate gourmet food and drink for dinner, roller skated to 70's and 80's music, watched new Burn Notice and Law and Order. Sounds low-key and it is; it's perfect for us. We are communicating well and are not even close to being bored of each other. (A good start!) :)

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
Was walking home from uni today at around lunch time and as I walked past a nearby pub, suddenly my dad popped out and said "hey!". He and his mates were having lunch there, as they do every friday apparently. So he invited me in for lunch and paid for me (I had a burger, it was good).

Not a big thing I suppose, but it did make my day.

Then my nose started bleeding on the way home, but a nice lady gave me tissues. Hooray for nice people!

Highest Llama
Apr 13, 2011

Actually took a demotion in work today, for less work and more pay. Yeah, the pay structure is completely hosed up, but, go me!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I live in Fredericksburg, VA, and a friend of mine moved in with me in Feburary, after getting a brand new job here in Washington, DC. After saving up for a few months, she moved out this morning and into her new apartment a few blocks from where she works.

I'm glad I was able to help her out, and I'm glad she found a sweet place that doesn't involve an hour long commute by car or train anymore. But mainly...I have my house, and my privacy back again.

Here's why my day is awesome summed up in five seconds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHzWBLHAbFg

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Two days off! The husband took today off so he doesn't have to work overtime on saturday. Got a bit of cash gonna go to the swanky as gently caress mall and truck around. loving awesome. Ahhh I can smoke whenever I want...say whatever I want and life is loving good.

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
I had ten or so friends over last night. This is the first time since I was a very small child that I've had more than a few people over at my house. Everyone had fun and complimented my hostessing skills, and they all liked my dogs :3:

Then today I got a call from a job that I really want, and now I have an interview!

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Just got off work. Tomorrow, I'm heading down to the beach for a week of drinking and relaxing. Now, to bed!

Whack
Feb 14, 2008
I got a $1.25 per hour raise! I'm now one step above crippling poverty! :dance:

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I'm nearly done transferring my old duties to the person replacing me which leaves me time for my new duties that are far more interesting.

All my travel has been arranged for the trade show I'm attending next month which is awesome. I'm really not sure how this will go but I figure it's an experience I need to have. And if it's an experience that turns out beneficial for my company I'll be traveling more -- possibly out of the country.

When I accepted this promotion I thought it would be a nice opportunity but I didn't realize how nice. It's a lot of pressure and responsibility, sort of daunting when I think about it, but only in the best possible way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009

Esmerelda posted:

When I accepted this promotion I thought it would be a nice opportunity but I didn't realize how nice. It's a lot of pressure and responsibility, sort of daunting when I think about it, but only in the best possible way.

A bit of responsibility can be a good thing in a job. Some of my best days at work have been when I've taken control of a situation and sorted it all out myself. Makes it less repetitive.

I just had a nice day at work, it's three weeks to the day until I leave to start my Postgrad and I'm having a quiet Friday night drink. Got a nice weekend planned, with just the right balance of doing stuff and lazing about.