Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I'll wait for the Alloy Orchestra version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bmmello
Jul 11, 2002

A good one is the Jeff Mills version.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Has anyone had any issues with the Blu-Rays of the old Don Bluth arcade games? (Dragon's Lair I/II, Space Ace)

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Anyone have any experience with getting discs replaced? I looked on Universal's site and the only option seems to be a "consumer damaged" replacement thing for a few bucks, but nothing about discs that appear to be messed up fresh out of the box. I'm outside Amazon's return period so I can't just swap it there (I should've opened it when I got it in :doh:).

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

japtor posted:

Anyone have any experience with getting discs replaced? I looked on Universal's site and the only option seems to be a "consumer damaged" replacement thing for a few bucks, but nothing about discs that appear to be messed up fresh out of the box. I'm outside Amazon's return period so I can't just swap it there (I should've opened it when I got it in :doh:).

I had to do this with a copy of Heathers that I bought new from a Borders, so I couldn't return it. That was Starz/Anchor Bay. They were really chill and sent me a prepaid envelope to mail it back, and sent me a replacement copy.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Hate yourself and want to punish your friends and/or family?

A Serbian Film Blu-Ray preorder popped up on Amazon today. $19.99 - October 25

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ASIN=B005ER6STG

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Sporadic posted:

This will make for good Christmas gifts! :v:

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing

japtor posted:

I'd call their customer service hotline and explain. They'll likely send a prepaid envelope to return your disc, and will then send you a new copy.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Two Paramount Walmart Exclusives:

Little Big Man - Nov. 8
My Fair Lady - Nov. 15

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Sporadic posted:

Is this edition going to be fully uncut or is it missing a minute of footage? I think TwitchFilm said it was still cut. If that's the case, I'll buy the full uncut DVD from Diabolik instead.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
The Twilight Zone Season 1-4 dropped to $46.49 each on Amazon

Season 1 = http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ASIN=B003JBI3GA
Season 2 = http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ASIN=B00404ME06
Season 3 = http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ASIN=B0049HOVEG
Season 4 = http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ASIN=B004LVRQ4M

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 14, 2011

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I don't know if this is national or not, but my Best Buy has this deal where if you buy The Big Lebowski and another film, you get an "Abide" T-shirt

Any two of these titles:

The Big Lebowski: Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy) $16.99
Paul: Blu-ray $24.99
Your Highness: Blu-ray $24.99
Fast Times at Ridgemont High: Blu-ray $19.99
National Lampoon's Animal House: Blu-ray $19.99
Dazed and Confused: Blu-ray $19.99

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing

ultraviolence123 posted:

Is this edition going to be fully uncut or is it missing a minute of footage? I think TwitchFilm said it was still cut. If that's the case, I'll buy the full uncut DVD from Diabolik instead.

No official word yet, but all signs point to missing a minute of footage.

The NC-17 US theatrical edition is missing around 6 minutes of footage, and the simultaneously released online VOD advertises itself as "unrated" but is still missing around a minute of footage. The DVD & Blu-ray is expected to be the same as the VOD unrated cut.

I'm not sure which uncut DVD from Diabolik you're referring to - I just checked their site, and they have no mention of any A Serbian Film disc. There is an uncut DVD screener floating around (banned from eBay apparently, but you can download it a million places and maybe still find it for sale here and there), but that's not a real release you can buy through traditional means. The only official uncut release I'm aware of is the one from Sweden - and that Blu-ray is region B locked and does not have English subtitles.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
barnesandnoble.com has 50% their 100 best selling Blu rays today.
http://video.barnesandnoble.com/u/Blu-ray-Bestsellers/379001667/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hope that shirt is in Canada, looks awesome. :D

LitigiousChimp
Sep 14, 2002

Sputty thinks I'm awesome and I deserve a kitten avatar!

Vintersorg posted:

Hope that shirt is in Canada, looks awesome. :D
Doesn't look like it. However, to make up for missing the shirt it looks like Best Buy Canada is selling the movie for $27.99 instead of $16.99. What a deal!

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Just got The Killing in the mail today (totally forgot I preordered this back in June) and I had no idea that it also includes a copy of Killer's Kiss as a bonus feature. Score! :D

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

ShoogaSlim posted:

Just got The Killing in the mail today (totally forgot I preordered this back in June) and I had no idea that it also includes a copy of Killer's Kiss as a bonus feature. Score! :D

drat, where did you order it from? Amazon says it's not delivering until the 23rd.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

That is precisely where I ordered it from. I guess I got lucky by preordering it so early.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Is Jane Eyre worth a blind buy?

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

RichterIX posted:

Is Jane Eyre worth a blind buy?

Which one? Between movies and mini-series, it's been done like a dozen times.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Oops, sorry. Should have been more specific. I meant the one with Michael Fassbender that just came out today.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

The only one on blu-ray, I would assume.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Big Lebowski and Demolition Man on the same day?

Hell yeah, re-living me some high school days.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
I was kinda nervous when I read all of the hoo hah on the DNR for the Lebowski release but after seeing the screens from DVD beaver it's unfortunate but I don't think I'll have much notice in action.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

Criterion just announced Rushmore for 11/22. Time to finally kick my non-anamorphic DVD to the curb.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Spraynard Kruger posted:

Criterion just announced Rushmore for 11/22. Time to finally kick my non-anamorphic DVD to the curb.

As well as the Three Colors trilogy, The Rules of the Game, 12 Angry Men, and Fanny & Alexander.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Spraynard Kruger posted:

Sweet! Really excited for this. :)

frumpsnake
Jan 30, 2001

The sad part is, he wasn't always evil.
Looks like HD versions of The Sopranos and Six Feet Under just showed up on iTunes. Where are my Complete Series Blu-Rays? :(

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

frumpsnake posted:

Looks like HD versions of The Sopranos and Six Feet Under just showed up on iTunes. Where are my Complete Series Blu-Rays? :(

Wasn't the first two seasons of Six Feet Under shot in SD?

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?
Looks like Scrooged is coming out on November 1.

frumpsnake
Jan 30, 2001

The sad part is, he wasn't always evil.

Sporadic posted:

Wasn't the first two seasons of Six Feet Under shot in SD?

The whole series was shot on 35mm, but the first two seasons were 4:3 and assembled/edited in 480i and require a remaster/reconstruction...which is why they *arent* in HD on iTunes :(

frumpsnake fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 17, 2011

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

oh poo poo y'all

Blue loving Velvet, November 8th

**Over 50 Minutes of Never-Before-Seen Lost Footage
**Mysteries of Love Documentary
**Original Siskel & Ebert Review
**Vignettes
**Trailer/TV Spots
**A Few Outtakes

Aorist
Apr 25, 2006

Denham's does it!
I say it a lot, but this time I actually mean it. I will be buying a Blu-ray player for that.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

FitFortDanga posted:

oh poo poo y'all

Blue loving Velvet, November 8th

**Over 50 Minutes of Never-Before-Seen Lost Footage
**Mysteries of Love Documentary
**Original Siskel & Ebert Review
**Vignettes
**Trailer/TV Spots
**A Few Outtakes

Oh God yes. Hopefully this means Wild at Heart in the near future too, since that also had a ton of cut footage that I think was only previously released in some obscure Lynch box set.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Topper Harley posted:

Looks like Scrooged is coming out on November 1.

Thank God. The DVD version looks like poo poo and the HD version they show on networks looks terrible too.

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing

Codependent Poster posted:

Thank God. The DVD version looks like poo poo and the HD version they show on networks looks terrible too.

So considering this is Paramount (whose catalog titles show almost as little effort as Universal's), the Blu-ray will probably look terrible too.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

-snip-

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Just bought the Dollars trilogy for $25 on that Barnes and Noble sale, did I make a mistake? I love those movies but have no idea what kind of quality the Blurays have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

scary ghost dog posted:

Just bought the Dollars trilogy for $25 on that Barnes and Noble sale, did I make a mistake? I love those movies but have no idea what kind of quality the Blurays have.
They're not as good as the Italian counterparts but there's been no word of ever getting them and they're an upgrade over the DVD, so. Good, but not great as it could be.

• Locked thread