Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Hey guys, hate to be that guy who just drops by and dumps his load order but I need some help. It's my first time modding New Vegas so I'm not running many mods.

FalloutNV.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
MoMod.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
CRL9K_ThisMachineSound.esp
Fellout.esp
Readius_NV.esp
CASM.esp

Total active plugins: 10
Total plugins: 10

Problem I'm having is that every so often the game just randomly crashes. I remember having a similar problem with FO3 but I can't remember the solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
So I removed all of FNV Enhanced Shaders file from my root directory and removed the .esp and now whenever I try to load a save it just loads forever, and if I alt tab out it just kind of hangs, like it's trying to bring the game up but it can't.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Vurts WFO updated to 2.5 with new LOD patches for NMC or Poco Bueno.
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39856

Jarf posted:

Hey guys, hate to be that guy who just drops by and dumps his load order but I need some help. It's my first time modding New Vegas so I'm not running many mods.

FalloutNV.esm
MoMod.esm
Fellout.esp
Readius_NV.esp
CASM.esp

Problem I'm having is that every so often the game just randomly crashes. I remember having a similar problem with FO3 but I can't remember the solution.
Try moving CASM.esp to the top of your load order and Fellout.esp to the bottom.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

Pope Guilty posted:

I always think the Geckos look like Deep Ones. Where's an Innsmouth mod when you want one?

?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Jarf posted:

FalloutNV.esm
MoMod.esm
Fellout.esp
Readius_NV.esp
CASM.esp

In addition to what Gyoru was saying (which you should definitely do), how often is "often"? Is it during long sessions, or does it sometimes happen within 5-10 minutes of starting the game? CTDs shouldn't be too common, especially with a slim loadout like yours, but the occasional crash isn't something to worry about.

Hotwire posted:

?

What is this? This is titillating.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

What is this? This is titillating.

New Vegas Bounties II. Let's just say I'm glad I had already beaten OWB when I got to that part.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Are there any mods that actually make you look like the Burned Man? I mean I'm using the Authentic Burned Man but the ability to wear the facewrap(through facial hair when you're at character creation) only covers the face and not your neck.

Okay so I've been poking through the GECK and if I try to set the Joshua Graham playable armour to the same Biped Model as the Joshua Graham NPC file, I can't actually find the NVDLC02/Armor/Jgraham blah blah etc, as if it doesn't exist? But the Joshua Graham NPC armor is clearly pointing to that directory.

Brace fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 13, 2011

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
Is there anything that does a good job of replacing the Flamer/Incinerator texture/flame effects? I have been using the poo poo out of the Flamer, and it's sort of disappointing to have such an awful fire effect.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

I've got some sort of texture problems. All the rocks look slimy and weird, and everything from far away looks like rear end.

Any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Amorphous Blob posted:

I've got some sort of texture problems. All the rocks look slimy and weird, and everything from far away looks like rear end.

Any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Can you post a screenshot(s)?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Looks like Nevada Skies posted some files today that make installing a bit easier. URWL was compiled into one master ESM and the set of files required for 6.3 and 7.0+ are pretty obvious now.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Can you post a screenshot(s)?

Click the unhappy face.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Naky posted:

Click the unhappy face.

Oh, poo poo, I thought that was just an emoticon.

That looks like a texture with some bad parallaxing. If those are default textures, it might possibly be a combination of video settings and drivers.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Naky posted:

Click the unhappy face.

Huh? A face? I put it in timg.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Oh, poo poo, I thought that was just an emoticon.

That looks like a texture with some bad parallaxing. If those are default textures, it might possibly be a combination of video settings and drivers.

It's the NMC high quality pack. I'll update my drivers to see if that does anything.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Amorphous Blob posted:

Huh? A face? I put it in timg.

It's the NMC high quality pack. I'll update my drivers to see if that does anything.

It was showing up as an unhappy face before. Perhaps you broke the tables or something?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The hosting site only has limited hotlinking bandwith, use imgur instead.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Well updating my drivers didn't work. Is it possible that my computer isn't powerful enough? I've got a 5770 and 8 gigs of RAM so it's pretty beefy.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Amorphous Blob posted:

Well updating my drivers didn't work. Is it possible that my computer isn't powerful enough? I've got a 5770 and 8 gigs of RAM so it's pretty beefy.

That's definitely powerful enough. Do you have the same problem with the default textures for rocks?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

I uninstalled it earlier and yeah I have the same problem.
vvv Yep. Turned it off and on and it still happens.

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 13, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
You have AI applied right? (ArchiveInvalidation?)

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
To further clarify, ArchiveInvalidation needs to be reapplied when you add new textures.

EDIT: drat your edit. :argh:

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I have this weird issue where some of my textures are really... glossy, like they have a lair of shine applied to them. I also have that rock issue posted above ^

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Amorphous Blob posted:

I uninstalled it earlier and yeah I have the same problem.
vvv Yep. Turned it off and on and it still happens.

Are you using Detailed Normals? If so, disable it; it's made to work only with the vanilla textures, otherwise you get oddities like that.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Brace posted:

I have this weird issue where some of my textures are really... glossy, like they have a lair of shine applied to them. I also have that rock issue posted above ^

Glossiness is caused by several things... but one of the things is an incorrect normal map. So like CH said, if you're using some sort of detailed normals mod or something, that might be doing it.

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.
This is my first time modding New Vegas... and I can't load anything from falloutNV.esm. Help? :saddowns:

EDIT: nevermind, bethesda thought it was funny to put an outdated version of the GECK on one of it's sites

V!ntar fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 13, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

V!ntar posted:

This is my first time modding New Vegas... and I can't load anything from falloutNV.esm. Help? :saddowns:

If it's just blank you need the latest version of GECK which should be in the OP. 1.4 is what you need IIRC.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

V!ntar posted:

As in, you're trying to load FalloutNV.esm in the GECK and nothing loads? You need the latest version of GECK (1.4), which can be difficult to find on Bethesda's website because it's designed by dickheads.

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.
Thanks guys :)

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I have two issues.

First, I installed New Vegas Restoration and Freeside Restoration during my last playthrough, the character had already been in Vegas for some time, and had no problems. When I started my new character I remember reading that NVR could bug out quest hooks or something, and it was necessary to disable those mods until you reached the first time Vegas, so my new character just reached vegas and is inside the Lucky 38 suite, I turned them both on, and now the game will crash every time I click the Info button on my pipboy. Disabling all the restoration mods stops the crash. Anything I can do to make these mods work again?

Second, new character is primarily energy weapons, but I've been having problems with sights on the laser rifle/pistol. I can zoom in with the rifle, but when I fire it puts the gun in my face so I can't see anything but the back of it until I release the zoom. The pistol isn't as bad, but it does cover the targeting sights when I fire it zoomed in. I just installed EVE to see if it would help and also because it looks pretty cool. With EVE enabled, everything is the same except the rifle is in my face all the time when zoomed now, not just after firing. This isn't a big deal since I just got a scope for the rifle and the pistol is pretty crap anyways, but I'd be interested in to see what's up. My guess is it's either Project Nevada or the Weapon Retexture Project (which I guess has no esps or esms as it doesn't show up in my load order, but it's installed via FOMM mod list).

code:
Load Order:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
NVR-Strip.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
FactionIDCards.esp
NVR-NPCs.esp
LowPopulatedFreeside.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp
OWB Companion Teleport.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Valence Extra.esp
NVR-ELECTRO-CTIY_Patch.esp
NVR-Version_10.esp
NVFR-NVR-NVTC-Version_2.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Existence2.0.esp
ExtendedNVRadio.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - DM.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH Sharing Fix.esp
ManualReload.esp
Follower Home Marker.esp
No More Annoying CC - ALL.esp
Feng Shui NV.esp
ShilohDS-Color Maps and Icons.esp
LFox Bottle That Water.esp
EVE FNV.esp
Western Sky - Darker Nights.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance Rebalanced.esp

Total active plugins: 42
Total plugins: 55
Edit: One last question: I'm downloading NMC's texture pack now. After I get the massive files, do I also need to download the patches, or are the patches included?

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

counterfeitsaint posted:

I have two issues.

First, I installed New Vegas Restoration and Freeside Restoration during my last playthrough, the character had already been in Vegas for some time, and had no problems. When I started my new character I remember reading that NVR could bug out quest hooks or something, and it was necessary to disable those mods until you reached the first time Vegas, so my new character just reached vegas and is inside the Lucky 38 suite, I turned them both on, and now the game will crash every time I click the Info button on my pipboy. Disabling all the restoration mods stops the crash. Anything I can do to make these mods work again?

You might want to leave The Strip/Freeside completely, save & exit, then enable the mods and travel back. Being inside the Lucky 38 might not be enough.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Second, new character is primarily energy weapons, but I've been having problems with sights on the laser rifle/pistol. I can zoom in with the rifle, but when I fire it puts the gun in my face so I can't see anything but the back of it until I release the zoom. The pistol isn't as bad, but it does cover the targeting sights when I fire it zoomed in. I just installed EVE to see if it would help and also because it looks pretty cool. With EVE enabled, everything is the same except the rifle is in my face all the time when zoomed now, not just after firing. This isn't a big deal since I just got a scope for the rifle and the pistol is pretty crap anyways, but I'd be interested in to see what's up. My guess is it's either Project Nevada or the Weapon Retexture Project (which I guess has no esps or esms as it doesn't show up in my load order, but it's installed via FOMM mod list).

Edit: One last question: I'm downloading NMC's texture pack now. After I get the massive files, do I also need to download the patches, or are the patches included?

Did you get the Weapon Animation Replacer? It changes how your guns are held when drawn too, it might solve that problem.

And yes, the huge NMC files are version 1.0, the patches bring that up to 1.3, so you want them.

Machismo
Mar 29, 2007

I'm a rapist! Who cares if there's no evidence, I'm guilty until innocent!
Argh. Damned Cassidy disappeared. I told her to wait, but she is no longer there. Also, the marker says she's still there. poo poo.

placeatme doesn't seem to work. How do I get the woman back? Is there a mod to simplify it?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I really like the skies in Nevada Skies, and the effect it seems to have on lighting in the game, but the weather effects are terrible and seem to randomly make daytime unrealistically dark. The thermohydrograph or whatever it is has very limited options and also may not even be working. Does anyone know how to totally disable the weather in Nevada Skies?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Machismo posted:

Argh. Damned Cassidy disappeared. I told her to wait, but she is no longer there. Also, the marker says she's still there. poo poo.

placeatme doesn't seem to work. How do I get the woman back? Is there a mod to simplify it?

Possibly she fell through the ground and is technically still there. Can you dismiss her to the Lucky 38 through one of the Companion Terminals (one at Gun Runners; one at Lucky 38)? I would say that you could just fast travel somewhere, but she might not appear with you if you told her to wait.

Seashell Salesman posted:

I really like the skies in Nevada Skies, and the effect it seems to have on lighting in the game, but the weather effects are terrible and seem to randomly make daytime unrealistically dark. The thermohydrograph or whatever it is has very limited options and also may not even be working. Does anyone know how to totally disable the weather in Nevada Skies?

You have to enable the cheat menu in the Thermo Hygrograph in order to access the options that disable Rain, Radstorms, and Sandstorms. The other weather settings (deep blue, etc.) should be configurable from the thermo-hygrograph though.

EDIT: As far as disabling the weather, entirely, I'm not sure that would work without losing the skies it uses, as well.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 13, 2011

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Ugh, my game crashes every time I go a little south of Nipton.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Is it normal that after you enable Nevada Skies and load an old save/start a new game, it will be dark (like night, not like broken game) outside even though it's the middle of the day?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Rascyc posted:

Ugh, my game crashes every time I go a little south of Nipton.

Possibly a bad radscorpion spawn or something. Did you try waiting three days in the general store?

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Somebody posted a link/picture of a mod that makes ED-E look like Vic Viper, but now I can't find it. Anyone remember what it was called?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Seashell Salesman posted:

Is it normal that after you enable Nevada Skies and load an old save/start a new game, it will be dark (like night, not like broken game) outside even though it's the middle of the day?
Yeah, I've noticed this happening when switching between weather mods if you don't go through the process of making a clean save, sometimes even if you do. Not sure what causes it, but just waiting for a little while in an interior cell will usually put things back to normal.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Chronojam posted:

Possibly a bad radscorpion spawn or something. Did you try waiting three days in the general store?
Delay DLC - Old World Blues was the culprit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
For any of you who liked the really sweet NVBS armor mod, it's been removed and the author banned for apparent use of content from other games, though I was under the impression that it pretty much more or less used FNV content (riot armor + cass jacket) that was distinctive for having a really nice male and female version.

We should probably have it re-hosted because that thing is too good to let vanish.