Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
Get the Shadow Broker DLC, it's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

And Arrival if you can get it on discount, It sets up the opening for ME3 but isn't all that good; hence the discount.

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Fluegel posted:

I am finally getting around to playing Mass Effect 2 and I was just wondering which DLC I should get. I will probably not have the time to do a lot of subsequent playthroughs so I'm planning to get the most out of one.

I read on the wiki that I should definitely get the two bonus characters, but is there anything else that enhances the game without breaking/altering it completely?
The item packs generally tend include weapons and armor that is quite a bit better than the standard stuff. The armor isn't so bad, but some of the weapons tend toward imba.

The Shadow Broker DLC is generally considered the best of the lot. A good long series of missions, some background info, the chance to hook up with Liara again and some tie-ins to ME3.

Project Overlord has a very strong story and some of the best atmosphere building of the missions, save perhaps the final mission. It is more selfcontained than Shadow Broker, so probably more enjoyable for those playing ME2 for itself rather than as part of a trilogy.

Arrival is mostly of interest for setting up ME3. If you are not too fussed with getting every single variable in play for that game, it can be skipped. It's decent, but not stellar in itself.

The Hammerhead hovertank is a fun bit of sidequesting distraction. Not essential in any way, but I like them as a change of pace from the runny-dodgy-shooty bits.

Burning Sensation
Sep 2, 2006

Apropos of nothing.
RE: Mass Effect DLC:

I actually found the two new characters utterly worthless. It's like they were stuck in there with chewing gum. You can't talk to them the way you can your other teammates, they just sit around like regular NPC's and talk random uninteresting gibberish, especially in Kasumi's case. I actually really like Zaeed's design and concept, and he seems like a real badass, but again, he just feels pasted in. Kasumi is worthless and is a walking cliché, but all the fat Nippon-worshipping anime nerds will love her.

Both the missions that come with each character are nothing to write home about, but Kasumi's at least gives you the illusion that it's something different (it really isn't), and has some of the worst fake "south effriken" voice acting I have ever heard.

I'm a completionist, so I "had" to get them, but if you choose to forego them, you 'aint missing much, in my humble opinion.

Arrival, Overlord and Shadow Broker are worth getting.

Normandy Crash Site is rubbish.

Firewalker depends on taste. It adds some tedious flying about sections. I personally hate it, but you might not.

Burning Sensation fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 12, 2011

Opus125
Jul 29, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Seriously though, to hell with Bioware for going with this type of DLC. I'm realizing that picking up the game for $10 off of Steam wasn't really that great of a snag. I was buying an incomplete product. I would have to churn out twenty more dollars to get access to some of the best elements of the game.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Fluegel posted:

I am finally getting around to playing Mass Effect 2 and I was just wondering which DLC I should get. I will probably not have the time to do a lot of subsequent playthroughs so I'm planning to get the most out of one.

I read on the wiki that I should definitely get the two bonus characters, but is there anything else that enhances the game without breaking/altering it completely?

Zaeed is free, and Kasumi really is worth it - she has a fun mission associated with her. Shadow Broker is a 100% must-buy, Arrival isn't as fun but is an important part of the story as it relates to ME3 so if you are the kind of person who is into getting the whole story, you should get it, and Overlord is fun but not essential. I would buy SB and Kasumi, and if you are playing the game and are like "drat this is rad" (and you should be because it is) then add Overlord and Arrival. You don't need to start a new game to use them.

Fluegel
Apr 7, 2007
Thanks for the help guys, good to know that I don't have to invest in weapon packs and whatnot.

gohuskies posted:

You don't need to start a new game to use them.

This was actually something I've been wondering about too, it's the first time for me to mess about with DLC and I was kind of afraid that I had to install them all before starting the game. How does it work, do the new missions just pop up as soon as I add them?

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Fluegel posted:

This was actually something I've been wondering about too, it's the first time for me to mess about with DLC and I was kind of afraid that I had to install them all before starting the game. How does it work, do the new missions just pop up as soon as I add them?

yes

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Burning Sensation posted:

Kasumi is worthless and is a walking cliché, but all the fat Nippon-worshipping anime nerds will love her.
The gently caress, you can say a lot about he but that isn't it. :stare:

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Opus125 posted:

Seriously though, to hell with Bioware for going with this type of DLC. I'm realizing that picking up the game for $10 off of Steam wasn't really that great of a snag. I was buying an incomplete product. I would have to churn out twenty more dollars to get access to some of the best elements of the game.

Almost all of them came out far after the game and had extra assets and voice acting, as well as new gameplay (driving!) in some.

It wasn't incomplete, they were later additions. Like Pixar's shorts they add to their DVD editions.

But this is really a conversation for a different thread.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
What wisdom doth thy thread impart, before my perilous journey into Fire Emblem on the Gamecube? :ohdear:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Zedd posted:

The gently caress, you can say a lot about he but that isn't it. :stare:
That is the impression I got from her, even doing Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon in cutscenes. She even leaves her hood on in bed. She is so weird.

I am disappointed with all the new characters in that game, that the few good ones can't help it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Tyma posted:

What wisdom doth thy thread impart, before my perilous journey into Fire Emblem on the Gamecube? :ohdear:

Your main character is forced into promotion at the end of a "four-part" mission (Chapter #17), so make sure he's level 20 by then. Also, save an Occult Scroll for when he's promoted, as his special ability is completely insane to the point where he can solo some maps provided he doesn't run out of weapons to use.

If you've never played a FE game before,
-once a unit dies they are gone FOREVER (unless you restart the mission), so be careful.

If you've played a FE game before,
-characters don't need a special item to promote, leveling them up to level "21" will make the automatically change class.
-Support conversations are done in between missions (at Base), but you still unlock them the same way by having two compatible units spend enough turn near/next to each other in missions.
-Be sure to read all the starred conversations at Base in between each mission. Some will give you items or even a new character in a couple cases.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 12, 2011

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Anyone have any tips on Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life on the Gamecube, I remember starting it about 7 years ago and when they starting talking about crossbreeding crops I went crosseyed and just played the GBA one instead.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Aug 12, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Tyma posted:

"What wisdom doth thy thread impart"? Really?

Use an FAQ if you're anal-retentive about getting every character, some of them are totally non-intuitive

Skills will disappear if you take them off a character, so make sure you want them on there before you slap them on.

Hold onto coins if you want to play the Wii Fire Emblem after this

Always read all the conversations at camp, you can get items and neat bits of character backstory

Supports are useful, but if you want to get the most out of them, you need to know how each affinity affects each other. If you don't give a poo poo (and I didn't my first time through), just do a few supports for some characters you like, some of them can be pretty entertaining

Pretty minor character spoilers: Rolf is worth levelling up for sure, he's the best archer in the game. Misty is kind of eh, but there's a fight later where you need to use her later on

Even if you don't want to power-game, you need to know how level-ups work. Basically, every level you have a chance of a stat going up. That chance is totally character-dependant: Ike might have an 80% chance of strength going up each level, while for your mages it might be in the 30s. Every time a character gains a level, the RNG rolls once for every stat. If it succeeds, you get a point, if it fails you don't. You're guaranteed at least one stat point per level up if you're just hideously unlucky (and you will be at least once or twice). If you're lucky or the character's really good, you can potentially gain six or seven points.

Unless you're really into redoing entire battles, this is mostly useful for powergaming with bonus experience. Essentially, depending on how fast you complete each battle and whether or not you complete side objectives (usually keeping guest characters like civilians or generic soldiers alive), you get extra experience that you can distribute to your characters in camp. If you're super into min-maxing, you can level up a character with bonus experience and if they get lovely stat gains, you can reset and do it again.

Also, save most of your bonus experience for characters who come in late and are under-leveled (the two guys I mentioned a few lines ago). Only use it to level up a character when the character's only a few points away from 100

Save an Occult Scroll for Ike

e: Oh yeah, don't let Titania get most of your experience. She's actually kind of a lovely character, she just starts at a way higher level than everyone else. This also means she gets peanuts for experience compared to your lower-level dudes. There aren't any renewable ways to get experience, so you need to make it count

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 12, 2011

TiltedAtWindmills
Sep 4, 2009

Tyma posted:

The game doesn't really give any opportunities to grind kills, so there is a fairly limited amount of experience available throughout the game. It is usually better to pick a group of characters you like sort of midway through the game and stick with them.

You may not want to use Titania early on, as she starts out already promoted to her second class, and is essentially a level 20 unit when compared to everybody else. She won't get much experience from killing early enemies, and other characters really need the experience. If you want/need to use her, un-equipping her weapons will prevent her from counterattacking, so you can easily use her as enemy bait a tank without her mowing down everything.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

thebardyspoon posted:

Anyone have any tips on Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life on the Gamecube, I remember starting it about 7 years ago and when they starting talking about crossbreeding crops I went crosseyed and just played the GBA one instead.

Normally, I hate seeing this type of advice, but you really aughta skip it and try Magical Melody instead, if you can find it. The level of polish, content, and variety of things to do makes it one of the best in the series.

If you do go for Magical Melody, remember that sometimes gifts that people love are free, like hunks of wood for the carpenters.

The GBA versions own bones; I highly recommend them. Green peppers and pineapples are where it's at.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Magical Melody was only released on the Wii over here, does that change much or is it pretty much the same just with Wii controls for some stuff?

Dayewalker
Dec 25, 2002

I drink YOUR milkshake!
I just finished up Assassin's Creed 2 and was about to start Brotherhood later today. I didn't see anything listed in the wiki, but is there anything in particular I should know going in or is it just more of the same?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

thebardyspoon posted:

Magical Melody was only released on the Wii over here, does that change much or is it pretty much the same just with Wii controls for some stuff?

The Wii port is pretty haphazard from what I heard. All of the tutorial messages still refer to the gamecube controller, so you'll have to look up the new button configuration. I also heard they added a couple extra motion minigames but I have no idea if they're any good. Oh, and apparently you can only be a male in the Wii version, where in the Gamecube version, you could be either gender.

Tips for Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
  • Spoiling the hell out of the mayor opens up new land parcels for sale.
  • Start the game, equip the pedometer, and in your house, run toward a wall and tape the control stick down until you get the pedometer note. Even though you're not moving, it still counts the steps. Then, you can put it away in the toolbox forever, freeing up an inventory slot.
  • Not so much a tip as something funny, but Jamie (your rival) was designed to be intentionally androgynous because he/she changes genders based on your gender, making him/her the only character that can be romanced by both the male and female player character.
  • Make friends with the dolphin.
I'll add more tips to this post when I have a minute.

VVVVVVVVVV It is a standalone title.

GOTTA STAY FAI fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 12, 2011

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

thebardyspoon posted:

Is it a standalone game or is it one of those PLUG IN YOUR GAMEBOY TO ACCESS THIS AREA ones? I might pick it up if it is the former.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Dayewalker posted:

I just finished up Assassin's Creed 2 and was about to start Brotherhood later today. I didn't see anything listed in the wiki, but is there anything in particular I should know going in or is it just more of the same?

I'll just repost this that I wrote a few months ago for someone:

Monicro posted:

The game's largely the same as AC 2 so everything will probably be very familiar to you, but I can still give you a few tips:

- Renovate nearly every shop you come across. In addition to giving you money by the truckfull, you'll more likely have stores very near you when you need to go to one. This seems obvious (and it is), but I was very stingy with renovating stores when I played and wound up having to go halfway across the map to get to the nearest blacksmith or whatever a lot, so it's really convenient.

- Don't sell anything. The shops nearest to Ezio's home base have "Shop Quests", where if you give them 5 of this, 10 of that etc. they'll give you special items. The items you get don't typically sell for that much anyway so no harm no foul.

- Be sure to have the crossbow by the time you get the missions for the War Machines. Reason being is that guards get a bit stronger around that point and throwing knives will just halve their HP rather than one-shot them, and the crossbow fixes this problem nicely.

- Speaking of War Machines, do all of the missions for them, then talk to Leonardo when you're done ASAP. You won't regret it.

- When you get to sequence 8, be sure to talk to Leonardo (even if you have all of his upgrades) before you kick off the endgame for one of the funniest moments in the series.

Monicro fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 12, 2011

Dayewalker
Dec 25, 2002

I drink YOUR milkshake!

Monicro posted:

I'll just repost this that I wrote a few months ago for someone:

Thanks! That's exactly the kind of stuff I was wondering about.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Huh, how delightful, I just picked up AssBro today myself, and started 'er up.

Though, I do want to know, how important are the 100% sync events? I know I'm going to end up doing them all either way, because I'm an obsessive compulsive fuckwit, but it'd be good to know if there's any point to them other than just scratching those urges.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

75% overall synch gets you an extra ezio's-past thingy; but that is very easy to get since doing everything once and stuff puts you very close to it. And chapter 1-2-3 are almost always 100% sync due to how easy most of them are.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I think this got lost on the last page. Can anyone answer my Two Worlds II questions?

Rollersnake posted:

Is Two Worlds II worth buying for the multiplayer? Would it be fun with just two players, and how many hours of gameplay would I be looking at?

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Most people say that Limbo is full of deaths, you'll die constantly, etc. I say it's not if you're aware of your surroundings. Early in the game, once I died in that first bear trap because I was just absent-mindedly walking forward, I realized I had to watch where I stepped. After that, I was actually afraid to step forward because I thought something horrible was going to happen.

For nearly all the traps in the game, you can either see or hear coming and figure out what to do within the few seconds you have. VERY rarely is it just trial and error if you pay close attention, just don't take your surroundings for granted. When you play it this way instead of "play, die, play, die", the game gives you this added sense of growing dread that you're going to gently caress up, instead of just constantly loving up and trying again. You should be trying for the "5 deaths or less" trophy on your first playthrough. Then the deaths, as visceral as they are, actually mean something, and it becomes something of a survival horror game.

Playing this way also not only extends the game by a huge margin, but also gives you time to think about and observe your surroundings instead of just speeding through. It actually rewards you for checking out the scenery.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I just ordered quite a bit of games from Goozex because I had a ton of points on there. Anything I should know for the following?

007: Nightfire (PS2)
Suikoden 3
Transformers: War for Cybertron (360)
Armored Core 2: Another Age

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Burning Sensation posted:

Kasumi is worthless and is a walking cliché, but all the fat Nippon-worshipping anime nerds will love her.

This is literally, objectively wrong. There's nothing anime about her. She's just Japanese, and barely that. She's also one of the most powerful team members you can use, depending on how you spec. Her "big" skill she gets does a fuckton of damage to everything, and her flashbangs are useful as well. Plus, it never gets old hearing her murder some chump and mock him while she does it.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Dayewalker posted:

Don't stress yourself out trying to get 100% sync on everything the first time through. Several of them require you to make it through a long area you've never seen before in a limited amount of time, while others require you to do long sequences of platforming and combat without taking any damage. Do the ones that seem interesting your first time through and skip these others. One of the cool features that Brotherhood added is the ability to replay memories after you've passed them in the story. If you can't do a sequence that requires not being seen for 100%, just fight your way through and come back to it later on.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Mr E posted:

I just ordered quite a bit of games from Goozex because I had a ton of points on there. Anything I should know for the following?

Armored Core 2: Another Age

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GET ARMORED CORE 2 VANILLA BEFORE THIS. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

AC2AA is meant to kick in the balls of people who have a strong build from AC2, and have been intimately familiar with the mechanics from the start of the series. AC2 is hard enough, and I would not wish starting from scratch with AA on anyone. It's the second most newbie-unfriendly game in the whole series, and one you don't want to get your introduction with.

Also, master boost hopping as fast as you can, as it's fundamental for evasion and movement in that game. Basically, you boost in a direction, let go and quickly press the boost button again to increase thrust to boost yourself into the air. As soon as you leave the ground, let go of the boost button to coast back to the ground, this will let you regain most of the energy you used up in the hop. Just before you land, press the boost button again so that, when you hit the ground, you're still boosting in a given direction. Then you go into a hop and repeat.

Doing this as regularly as you can allows you to move far faster than you normally can, and it's incredibly economical, and it allows you to preserve energy for more important things. It also allows you to completely mess with the enemy's FCS, making it a lot harder for them to get a good lock on your position. You're still a little bit slower than just straight-up boosting, though, so if you really need to get the gently caress out, energy be damned, go for that.

Also, instead of continuing in one direction, in the middle of a hop, you can angle yourself to change your direction and continue, weaving back and forth. This helps with dodging missiles, and is a good way to throw off enemy fire.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

S-Alpha posted:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GET ARMORED CORE 2 VANILLA BEFORE THIS. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

AC2AA is meant to kick in the balls of people who have a strong build from AC2, and have been intimately familiar with the mechanics from the start of the series. AC2 is hard enough, and I would not wish starting from scratch with AA on anyone. It's the second most newbie-unfriendly game in the whole series, and one you don't want to get your introduction with.

Also, master boost hopping as fast as you can, as it's fundamental for evasion and movement in that game. Basically, you boost in a direction, let go and quickly press the boost button again to increase thrust to boost yourself into the air. As soon as you leave the ground, let go of the boost button to coast back to the ground, this will let you regain most of the energy you used up in the hop. Just before you land, press the boost button again so that, when you hit the ground, you're still boosting in a given direction. Then you go into a hop and repeat.

Doing this as regularly as you can allows you to move far faster than you normally can, and it's incredibly economical, and it allows you to preserve energy for more important things. It also allows you to completely mess with the enemy's FCS, making it a lot harder for them to get a good lock on your position. You're still a little bit slower than just straight-up boosting, though, so if you really need to get the gently caress out, energy be damned, go for that.

Also, instead of continuing in one direction, in the middle of a hop, you can angle yourself to change your direction and continue, weaving back and forth. This helps with dodging missiles, and is a good way to throw off enemy fire.

I'm actually currently playing AC2, so no problem there, thanks for the advice though on boost hopping.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Mr E posted:

Suikoden 3

Do Thomas's storyline as early as possible as it's through that that you get your castle. Thomas unlocks after Ch.1 of Geddoe, Ch. 2 of Chris, or Ch. 3 of Hugo. Also give Thomas first dibs when it comes to recruiting characters as he needs them the most.

You get an extra chapter (that you really, really want) if you manage to recruit all 108 characters. Unlike other Suikoden games, there aren't a lot of permanently missable ones, but there is a major exception to this rule in Ch. 5 during a part where you're controlling Geddoe. There is a fight or flight decision that the game seems to indicate is a "but thou must" situation that actually isn't—choose to stay and fight every time the choice comes up.

Most if not all of the storyline battles you're "supposed" to lose are actually winnable, and the ensuing scenes change slightly to reflect your victory. There is no real reason to do this, but drat if it isn't satisfying.

You really should play Suikoden 1 and/or 2 first, if only because the Big Shocking Reveal isn't if you start with 3, as you won't have any history with the character it involves.

Also, the backtracking is loving terrible, and there is nothing you can do about it until Ch. 4. It is ultimately worth putting up with, though.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 13, 2011

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Rollersnake posted:

Do Thomas's storyline as early as possible as it's through that that you get your castle. Thomas unlocks after Ch.1 of Geddoe, Ch. 2 of Chris, or Ch. 3 of Hugo. Also give Thomas first dibs when it comes to recruiting characters as he needs them the most.

You get an extra chapter (that you really, really want) if you manage to recruit all 108 characters. Unlike other Suikoden games, there aren't a lot of permanently missable ones, but there is a major exception to this rule in Ch. 5 during a part where you're controlling Geddoe. There is a fight or flight decision that the game seems to indicate is a "but thou must" situation that actually isn't—choose to stay and fight every time the choice comes up.

Most if not all of the storyline battles you're "supposed" to lose are actually winnable, and the ensuing scenes change slightly to reflect your victory. There is no real reason to do this, but drat if it isn't satisfying.

You really should play Suikoden 1 and/or 2 first, if only because the Big Shocking Reveal isn't if you start with 3, as you won't have any history with the character it involves.

The "Big Shocking Reveal" is neither of those three words, since playing 1 and 2 make it very, very obvious who is behind that mask.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Rollersnake posted:

Also, the backtracking is loving terrible, and there is nothing you can do about it until Ch. 4. It is ultimately worth putting up with, though.

I've played through the first back when it came out, but Suikoden II is near impossible to find for a reasonable price, I'll try to hunt it down though, thanks.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

Capsaicin posted:

The "Big Shocking Reveal" is neither of those three words, since playing 1 and 2 make it very, very obvious who is behind that mask.

I know, but I still think that's better than starting with 3 and not knowing who it is at all. "Former party member is actually the main villain" twists are fun, especially when they span multiple games.

Lord Banana
Nov 23, 2006

Jolo posted:

Don't stress yourself out trying to get 100% sync on everything the first time through. Several of them require you to make it through a long area you've never seen before in a limited amount of time, while others require you to do long sequences of platforming and combat without taking any damage. Do the ones that seem interesting your first time through and skip these others. One of the cool features that Brotherhood added is the ability to replay memories after you've passed them in the story. If you can't do a sequence that requires not being seen for 100%, just fight your way through and come back to it later on.

To add to this, I'm not a pro gamer or anything, but I got enough sync to get all of the extra scenes without having to replay any memories. So if all you want to do is see everything, don't worry about sync.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

What about Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood? It's not on the wiki. Is there a reason? Like usual, spoilers free would be nice. I'll try to find if people talked about it in this thread...

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009

Rollersnake posted:

I know, but I still think that's better than starting with 3 and not knowing who it is at all. "Former party member is actually the main villain" twists are fun, especially when they span multiple games.
I played Suikoden 3 before the other two for some reason and still liked it but had no idea who the big spoiler dude was and did not get that it was a big thing he showed up again. The plot made sense anyway, sort of. I played the first two afterwards, so I guess I kind of get it now... hmm maybe I should play Suikoden 3 again...... nah.

Hemish posted:

What about Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood? It's not on the wiki. Is there a reason? Like usual, spoilers free would be nice. I'll try to find if people talked about it in this thread...
There's not too much to say, its one of those games where you can't really screw up. Restoring Rome will get you lots of money so just renovate every shop you see asap. Landmarks are very expensive and are only worth buying after there's nothing else to spend money on. You generally shouldn't sell the random trade goods you find because many of them are used in Shop Quests to unlock new equipment. Enemies that exclusively appear in the Da Vinci DLC (if you have it) always have a good shop quest item if you loot their corpse. Make sure you do all the side stuff you want before the first story mission in the 8th sequence as that is the point of no return. Other than that I can't really think of anything.

Lets Fuck Bro fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 14, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
quote=/=edit