Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Naky posted:

For any of you who liked the really sweet NVBS armor mod, it's been removed and the author banned for apparent use of content from other games, though I was under the impression that it pretty much more or less used FNV content (riot armor + cass jacket) that was distinctive for having a really nice male and female version.

We should probably have it re-hosted because that thing is too good to let vanish.

The what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Naky posted:

For any of you who liked the really sweet NVBS armor mod, it's been removed and the author banned for apparent use of content from other games, though I was under the impression that it pretty much more or less used FNV content (riot armor + cass jacket) that was distinctive for having a really nice male and female version.

We should probably have it re-hosted because that thing is too good to let vanish.

I could host this if someone can get the archive to me.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Naky posted:

It's still uploading, but here's the Desert Scorpion Battle Suit and Robert's Body Patch both in FOMOD form on my Dropbox. A bit of warning, though: the Battle Suit fomod might have the Type 3 patch already integrated into it, maybe not, I don't remember.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Nothin' to see here, move along now.

Naky fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Aug 13, 2011

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The date on mine isn't much help, but he rolled the NVSB into the regular Desert Scorpion archive, which is what I have.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Nevets posted:

You might want to leave The Strip/Freeside completely, save & exit, then enable the mods and travel back. Being inside the Lucky 38 might not be enough.

Seemed to fix the problem, thanks

Nevets posted:

Did you get the Weapon Animation Replacer? It changes how your guns are held when drawn too, it might solve that problem.

Turns out WAR, which being pretty cool, only changes were the guns are in standard position, but not zoomed in position. Futhermore, this has become a more serious problem because it looks like it effects all energy weapons. The laser rifle is the worst, but I can't show you a laser rifle example because I currently don't have an unscoped laser rifle. Here's a screenshot of the plasma repeater (from PN_, which is still pretty bad:

Still not sure what mod originally caused this, I added a number of mods at once and didn't notice a problem at the time, playing a gun character, but here's my load order again for reference:

code:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
NVR-Strip.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
FactionIDCards.esp
NVR-NPCs.esp
LowPopulatedFreeside.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp
OWB Companion Teleport.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Valence Extra.esp
NVR-ELECTRO-CTIY_Patch.esp
NVR-Version_10.esp
NVFR-NVR-NVTC-Version_2.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Existence2.0.esp
ExtendedNVRadio.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - DM.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH Sharing Fix.esp
ManualReload.esp
Follower Home Marker.esp
No More Annoying CC - ALL.esp
Feng Shui NV.esp
ShilohDS-Color Maps and Icons.esp
LFox Bottle That Water.esp
EVE FNV.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Western Sky - Darker Nights.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance Rebalanced.esp

Total active plugins: 42
Total plugins: 54

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Yeah, his readme is the worst ever. I must not have the latest version of the desert scorpion mod then since the date on that is older than the NVBS I have. Well, roll with yours then and I'll remove mine.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Naky posted:

Yeah, his readme is the worst ever. I must not have the latest version of the desert scorpion mod then since the date on that is older than the NVBS I have. Well, roll with yours then and I'll remove mine.

Looking at the stuff in your file, yeah, the one I have is newer; there are five NVBS's in the pack which include the three in yours, as well as a whole host of other armors. Unfortunately, a fair number of them don't have female equivalents and just look like some vanilla armors.

EDIT: Just to show off one of the "new" battle suits...

Rolled up sleeves means I'm here for business and pleasure. :c00l:

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 13, 2011

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

Ok, whenever I try to click on package manager to install fomods, and key in my nexus log in, it gives me an error. Any clue what's going on?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Coughing Hobo posted:

It's still uploading, but here's the Desert Scorpion Battle Suit and Robert's Body Patch both in FOMOD form on my Dropbox. A bit of warning, though: the Battle Suit fomod might have the Type 3 patch already integrated into it, maybe not, I don't remember.

This is so awesome cause I've been looking for this for ages. In fact, I just messaged the guy that made it on F3Underground asking for the most up to date version.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I dont know if armor clipping with the arms is horrible or just not that horrible, any thoughts?

Get out of here, Stalker.

Also there will be soon a new effect.txt with different shaders if there's still any interest in it.

OlMaster
May 12, 2008
I've been using Nevada Skies (0.6), but the nights are unpleasantly dark so I downloaded the "Night Brightness Adjuster" which comes as an optional add-on.

Has anyone got this to work? I installed it both manually and with the FOMOD file, and whilst I get the menu for it, it doesn't seem to change the brightness at all. Of course, 0.7 has a vanilla lighting option but also takes away the 'Thermo-Hygrograph' so I'm stuck with rad/sand storms. I just want the pretty clouds, why does he make me work for it? :(

On a related note, did he really think that 'Oh no, don't activate the cheat menu, it will give you lots of bad karma and label you as a cheater, bad things will happen to you if you do this!' was funny? This is the second time I've tried the mod, the first time I wanted to deactivate the rad/sand storms but I was put off by this obnoxious message which threatened to turn my goody-two-shoes character into a karmic monster and uninstalled it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The cheater perk doesn't do anything, it's just obnoxious. 0.7 will not have a hypograph, instead there will be multiple .esp files, because "the menu is unnecessary", but multiple .esp files that do what the menu already does are OK :downs:

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Police Automaton posted:

I dont know if armor clipping with the arms is horrible or just not that horrible, any thoughts?

Get out of here, Stalker.

Also there will be soon a new effect.txt with different shaders if there's still any interest in it.

I love it, I want it. Please, give it soon. Could you make a maroon color scheme to match that?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Coughing Hobo posted:

Are you using Detailed Normals? If so, disable it; it's made to work only with the vanilla textures, otherwise you get oddities like that.

What do I have to delete specifically? I didn't use a FOMOD for it.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Will there be any issues with this load order?

FalloutNV.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
LFox Bottle That Water.esp
CASM.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
Wasteland Defense.esp
Tag Skills Improved.esp
Project Nevada - WME.esp
Fellout.esp

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:
Is there any way to make the rain in Nevada Skies less dark? I don't want to get rid of it entirely, just make it so it doesn't look like midnight when it's raining at noon.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Coughing Hobo posted:

I checked and Desert Scorpion Battle Suit FOMOD doesn't have anything in it other than armor. I can't find the armor ingame, it used to be in Gun Runners but isn't in this version.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 13, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Siljmonster posted:

I love it, I want it. Please, give it soon. Could you make a maroon color scheme to match that?

Yeah, really. He needs to release his compilation already :stare: And finish his prospector mod.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Someone post more pics on what all this hooplah is about with the armor mod :colbert:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Mr. Crow posted:

Someone post more pics on what all this hooplah is about with the armor mod :colbert:

Police's armor mod, or the NVBS?

Police made a compilation mod like The Armory, except for armors. Basically a giant merge patch, except IIRC he's also adding stealth field scripts, night vision stuff, etc on appropriate suits and rebalancing them all since so many modders like to make their suits of armor godlike. I believe he's also making it so it's far more efficient using scripts/functions so for things like retextured variants he's set up a way that you only need the one set of meshes and he swaps the textures out.

Like TA, there are thematic/lore friendly armor sets and there are immersion breaking, too-clean armor sets too. Something for everyone.

NVBS is just a really well done set of thematic/lore friendly armors using stock (or rather, apparently MOSTLY stock) resources.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
question: .7 of the Nevada Skies mode changed the esp into an ESM and as far as I can tell, I can't really re-order ESMs except with other ESMs. Is this okay? I remember Skies being particularly bitchy about being last in general, so I've simply made it last of my ESMs.

I mainly ask because lately when reloading some saves, the save will occasionally hang and I have to ctrl-alt-del out and end task and reload, sometimes several times to get a load to go through. I am still trying to debug this problem but not having much luck with it.

I suspect it may also have something more to do with delay DLC mod that caused me some prior grief, but if I remove it I don't get any notifications about DLC being installed (except OWB which I already walked passed) so I'm a little worried I might have to start a new game or something? This doesn't sound right so I'm looking for thoughts.

Coughing Hobo posted:

So install both of these for NVSB? Does the armor get auto placed somewhere in the world or is it integrated into loot tables?

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 13, 2011

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Carecat posted:

I checked and Desert Scorpion Battle Suit FOMOD doesn't have anything in it other than armor. I can't find the armor ingame, it used to be in Gun Runners but isn't in this version.

Also, where can I get the holster-less version of desert scorpion like the one on the pic? I'm sure as gently caress not going to jump through hoops because of FOUnderground's obnoxious registration requirements.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Rascyc posted:

So install both of these for NVSB? Does the armor get auto placed somewhere in the world or is it integrated into loot tables?

Gun Runners sells them. Only use the Robert's body patch if you use Robert's Male Body Replacer.

Boogle posted:

Also, where can I get the holster-less version of desert scorpion like the one on the pic? I'm sure as gently caress not going to jump through hoops because of FOUnderground's obnoxious registration requirements.

The holsters are rather easy to delete in NIFSkope. Gimme a couple minutes, I'll have the edited nifs uploaded.

EDIT: Here you go. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/70742/Files/DSBS%20No%20Holster%20on%20NVBS.zip

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 13, 2011

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Looks like NPC Cosmetic Fixes is now NVCE - New Vegas Character Expansions. There's a new version out too.
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39325

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
Haha, is there anything you DON'T play, Gyoru? :) Thanks for the update on that one, I just reinstalled FONV and needed to make sure I didn't miss anything important this time around.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
So, I'm fiddling around with the geck, and I've got a stupid question. Some conversation topics don't seem to have any defined responses - for example, when I open up the ending conversation with Legate Lanius, VFreeformHooverDamVHDLegionLegateLaniusTopic028 is fully there, but one of the potential responses VFreeform(...)Topic038 just has a topic text of "There are those among the Legion that would see you fall as Graham did," with no response from Lanius visible. Or Topic041, "I do not wish to die this day, it is true. But nor do I wish to win through trickery."

I could swear that these are lines that actually appear in the game. But I don't know how they can - is my GECK just not showing the responses properly, or what?

edit: Okay, at some of these are definitely in the game, because the lines to stop trying to reason with Lanius "I'm sick of talking, let's end this" and "Worth the gamble - now for the hard way" are topics 54 and 56, and they similarly show up without any replies. What the hell. :(

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 13, 2011

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Coughing Hobo posted:

Gun Runners sells them. Only use the Robert's body patch if you use Robert's Male Body Replacer.

The holsters are rather easy to delete in NIFSkope. Gimme a couple minutes, I'll have the edited nifs uploaded.

EDIT: Here you go. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/70742/Files/DSBS%20No%20Holster%20on%20NVBS.zip

Hey that's awesome, thanks a lot. :)

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Haha, oh my god.

It looks like Lanius is supposed to have a different greeting for a female courier in the final confrontation, "{Suspicious, slow}And the West seeks to appease me by sending a woman? Such gifts are meant for the cowards of Vegas, not for the Legion."

Unfortunately, the condition for it checks whether Lanius is female, rather than the courier. Whoops!

edit: but yeah, some of these failed persuasion lines are hilarious. In arguing with Lanius that he can't win the battle, one is "Look, my point about Hoover Dam is that it's hard to take, so..."

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 13, 2011

Vima
May 26, 2008
So after making the quantum leap from console New Vegas to PC New Vegas, i'm really excited about getting these mods you guys recommend up and running. Problem is, I have no idea how to actually get them to run... I know i'm missing something simple, but what's the next step after installing FOMM and downloading a mod?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Finally figured out a solid fix on how to fix item/weapon shininess. There's a shader applied to certain texture data called SF_Multiple_Textures in nifskope. Anything that has this shader applied to it will be shiny regardless of what other things you set like changing the Unknown Int 2 to 1, fixing the normal map (which can also cause odd shininess), or tweaking the glossiness down in the material properties. I've been going back and fixing some of the excessively shiny weapons in the pack, but I don't know if I got them all... I've got the Rhino, Lament of the Slain, and two of the new WIP weapons fixed. If anyone knows of any others off the top of their heads, I'll fix them too.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
I've been screwing around with changing the fonts, giving the game a more Wild West theme. If you like it I've attached the fonts I'm using and what you'll need to edit your ini to. I'm using DarnUI so you'll need that (not sure how they would work with MTUI or an unmodded set of HUD xml's) and running at 1920x1080, I don't know how well they'll work on smaller resolutions.

The only thing I don't like about it is the HUD fonts. They need to be fixed width and have upper&lowercase, but I couldn't find any fonts like that with a western feel, so I went for an old printing press typeface.

code:
[Fonts]
sFontFile_1=Textures\Fonts\Duality_Outline_16.fnt
sFontFile_2=Textures\Fonts\Duality_Outline_18.fnt
sFontFile_3=Textures\Fonts\West_Test_Outline_16.fnt
sFontFile_4=Textures\Fonts\SmithyXY-VeryHeavy_Outline_14.fnt
sFontFile_5=Textures\Fonts\Fixedsys_Comp_uniform_width.fnt
sFontFile_6=Textures\Fonts\SmithyXY-VeryHeavy_Outline_16.fnt
sFontFile_7=Textures\Fonts\I.F.C._LOS_BANDITOS_Outline_24.fnt
sFontFile_8=Textures\Fonts\Glow_Futura_Caps_Large.fnt
sFontFile_9=Textures\Fonts\NVFont_Test.fnt
http://www.mediafire.com/?d0asca60nzf8aqh

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Vima posted:

So after making the quantum leap from console New Vegas to PC New Vegas, i'm really excited about getting these mods you guys recommend up and running. Problem is, I have no idea how to actually get them to run... I know i'm missing something simple, but what's the next step after installing FOMM and downloading a mod?

Well, you're gonna want to open up the file you downloaded, if it's something simple like just an .esp file and a texture and mesh folder, go to package manager in FOMM(on the right-hand bar) and click Add Package, find the .zip, add it then activate it. If it has a bunch of different optional files and whatnot, open up your New Vegas folder(the one where you game is) go into Data, choose what options you want from the .zip and drag those into the Data folder.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Vima posted:

For 90% of mods, just click on the Package Manager button, then in the manager, click Add FOMod. Select the compressed mod file, let FOMM work for a bit, then an entry for that mod will appear in the package manager. Activate the mod in the manager, then exit out of the manager window and go back to the main FOMM window. You should see one or more .esp or .esm files for your mod (unless the mod just replaces sounds, meshes or textures). Activate and sort those files as appropriate (this is idiot proof for simple mods and most authors of complex mods will include instructions) and you're good to go.

For mods that aren't packaged right for the package manager, you'll have to do it by hand. Don't worry about that, though. Everyone who matters is FOMM friendly.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Strudel Man posted:

Haha, oh my god.

It looks like Lanius is supposed to have a different greeting for a female courier in the final confrontation, "{Suspicious, slow}And the West seeks to appease me by sending a woman? Such gifts are meant for the cowards of Vegas, not for the Legion."

Unfortunately, the condition for it checks whether Lanius is female, rather than the courier. Whoops!

edit: but yeah, some of these failed persuasion lines are hilarious. In arguing with Lanius that he can't win the battle, one is "Look, my point about Hoover Dam is that it's hard to take, so..."

I think my favorite line from that part is when you successfully talk him down, and he calls you (if you play a female, obviously) "Woman of the West". It sounds pretty drat badass at that point.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Rascyc posted:

question: .7 of the Nevada Skies mode changed the esp into an ESM and as far as I can tell, I can't really re-order ESMs except with other ESMs. Is this okay? I remember Skies being particularly bitchy about being last in general, so I've simply made it last of my ESMs.

I mainly ask because lately when reloading some saves, the save will occasionally hang and I have to ctrl-alt-del out and end task and reload, sometimes several times to get a load to go through. I am still trying to debug this problem but not having much luck with it.

I suspect it may also have something more to do with delay DLC mod that caused me some prior grief, but if I remove it I don't get any notifications about DLC being installed (except OWB which I already walked passed) so I'm a little worried I might have to start a new game or something? This doesn't sound right so I'm looking for thoughts.

Mods are often made into masters for the sake of improving stability and minimizing conflicts with other mods. You're correct though: You can only reorganize masters amongst themselves; you can't have esm and esp files intermingling.

As far as disabling Delay DLC is concerned, you might be able to disable it along with the DLC, then save your game, enable the DLC, and then load your save. Hopefully it jumpstarts the DLC again.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Is there a way through console commands or anything to tag a different skill? Or are the 3 you pick at the start the 3 you have to stick with no matter what? I know about the Tag! perk, but other then that are there no options?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Brace posted:

Is there a way through console commands or anything to tag a different skill? Or are the 3 you pick at the start the 3 you have to stick with no matter what? I know about the Tag! perk, but other then that are there no options?

Are you using a mod where it matters what skills you tag? Because you could just console the 15 points into a new skill and remove it from a skill you want "untagged". Beyond the 15 points, there's literally nothing that that makes a tagged skill different from a normal skill.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I tell my testers to get this cheat mod for ease of use. It's ridiculously feature rich and lets you access everything you'd ever need via a portable console you can take around with you and it won't disable your achievements, nor will you have to look up console commands. It's good enough that I think it could probably go in the OP as the best cheat mod out there. The author activately updates it all the time.

edit: of course, this thing lets you add and subtract skill points, perks, stats, traits, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Are you using a mod where it matters what skills you tag? Because you could just console the 15 points into a new skill and remove it from a skill you want "untagged". Beyond the 15 points, there's literally nothing that that makes a tagged skill different from a normal skill.

Yeah, it gives double bonus for every time you put a skill point into it.