Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Alright, so I just grabbed Bloody Mess because it's one of my favorite perks, but now that I'm randomly gibbing people I've been getting an incredible amount of crashes. It only happens when body parts are flying all over the place. The game just freaks the gently caress out and crashes immediately. I'm trying to figure out why, and I've been switching off mods left and right to see what is causing it. Is there anything in this load order that might be an issue?

quote:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
CaravanPack.esm
IWS-Core.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
WME - Dead Money.esm
WME - Honest Hearts.esm
WME - Old World Blues.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Lings.esm
NSkies - Vanilla Edition.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
Cactai of the Wastes [plugin].esp
Stalker Armor.esp
Realistic_Repair_Lists_v04.esp
noautoaim.esp
10mmPistol-SigSauer_Replacement_NewSounds_v1.0.esp
Silver Rush inventory expansion.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
RetrosAmmoOverhaul.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
XFO - 4ba - Perks - Perk Every Level.esp
XFO - 5b - Skills - SP Formula Rebalance.esp
XFO - 5c - Skills - Better Med Surv Repair.esp
XFO - 5ea - Skills - Barter - Mild.esp
XFO - 7b - UnMSG - Karma (Incl Sounds).esp
XFO - 8a - Cripple & Body Part Revamp.esp
XFO - 8b - Speed Increases.esp
XFO - 9a - Enemies - AI revamp.esp
XFO - 9db - Enemies - NPC Healing - med.esp
OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp
OWB Valence Extra.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
EVE FNV.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
WMEVE.esp
WME - Ironsights.esp
WME - Named & Sorted.esp
WME - Dead Money.esp
WME - Honest Hearts.esp
WME - Old World Blues.esp
WME - Dead Money Arenovalis Retex.esp
WME - Honest Hearts Arenovalis.esp
WME - Arenovalis.esp
CRHDV3O2.esp
VT Custom Ranger Gear.esp
Project Nevada - WME.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp

Total active plugins: 57
Total plugins: 58

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Does XFO - 8a - Cripple & Body Part Revamp.esp change the way enemies gib? I know EVE does and they may be conflicting. It also may be an interaction between Project Nevada and that XFO file, since I know PN alters the damage done to limbs.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Mods are often made into masters for the sake of improving stability and minimizing conflicts with other mods. You're correct though: You can only reorganize masters amongst themselves; you can't have esm and esp files intermingling.

As far as disabling Delay DLC is concerned, you might be able to disable it along with the DLC, then save your game, enable the DLC, and then load your save. Hopefully it jumpstarts the DLC again.
Thanks for this. For now I'm trying the updated Delay DLC, that came out on the 8th (initially grabbed the mod on the 7th, and the authors says the latest version fixes some issues so I'm crossing my fingers).

I've since reverted my .7 Nevada Skies back to .63 or whatever. I honestly don't know what's going on in .7 but I was getting some instability issues ever since then, plus I couldn't figure out how you're supposed to control .7's settings without the game item. I couldn't even get the blue skies I was used to in .63 to appear. Ever since downgrading back to .63 though my saves have been stable once again.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Rascyc posted:

Thanks for this. For now I'm trying the updated Delay DLC, that came out on the 8th (initially grabbed the mod on the 7th, and the authors says the latest version fixes some issues so I'm crossing my fingers).

I've since reverted my .7 Nevada Skies back to .63 or whatever. I honestly don't know what's going on in .7 but I was getting some instability issues ever since then, plus I couldn't figure out how you're supposed to control .7's settings without the game item. I couldn't even get the blue skies I was used to in .63 to appear. Ever since downgrading back to .63 though my saves have been stable once again.

You can't control the settings in .7 because there aren't any settings. It's pretty much the best reason to not use that version. I thought it was pretty funny when somebody asked the author why they never saw rain or sandstorms in .7, and he explained that their probabilities for occurring were so low, you might very well never see them. :wtc:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
You're supposed to wait until he makes the .esps that will control the individual settings :v:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Gonkish posted:

Alright, so I just grabbed Bloody Mess because it's one of my favorite perks, but now that I'm randomly gibbing people I've been getting an incredible amount of crashes. It only happens when body parts are flying all over the place. The game just freaks the gently caress out and crashes immediately. I'm trying to figure out why, and I've been switching off mods left and right to see what is causing it. Is there anything in this load order that might be an issue?

EVE has and will always be a piece of poo poo, since it's made by a piece of poo poo. Try that first.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Mr. Crow posted:

EVE has and will always be a piece of poo poo, since it's made by a piece of poo poo. Try that first.

:laugh:

So many modders are total shitbags and unfortunately it's some of the 'highly praised' ones.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Schubalts posted:

You're supposed to wait until he makes the .esps that will control the individual settings :v:

No, I get that, but why even bother releasing a half-baked version update with barebones documentation and no controls?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Mr. Crow posted:

Yeah, EVE is the most likely culprit if you're getting tons of crashes on gibs.

I'm curious though, what stupid poo poo has the EVE author done besides making a buggy mod?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

No, I get that, but why even bother releasing a half-baked version update with barebones documentation and no controls?

Because how else will they get inflated download counts?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Because how else will they get inflated download counts?

Exactly. Meet me in the kitchen, Fancy. We've got some tinfoil hats to make.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Horns posted:

Yeah, EVE is the most likely culprit if you're getting tons of crashes on gibs.

I'm curious though, what stupid poo poo has the EVE author done besides making a buggy mod?

Well for starters he blatantly steals other authors works and when it's brought up he plays it off and dodges the accusations, the fanboys deny the obvious, and then the mods brush it under the table. :nexus:

No it hasn't been anything of mine.

Oh and he unjustly has a huge amount of those same raving fanboys despite the fact every single mod he has ever put out has been a complete buggy, crash happy, pile of poo poo that needs to be extensively cleaned before it works properly.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I've been doing some research on my Energy Weapon problem. I disabled all my mods, and uninstalled a few that were obviously still effecting the game, and for the most part the problem still exists.

Plasma Rifle zoomed in:

How are you supposed to aim at anything with the targeting reticule covered up?

Laser Rifle firing while zoomed in:

Lolwut. It stays there for at least a second, and if you keep firing it will continue to fill up the entire screen. Depending on which mods are enabled, sometimes it's like that all the time while zoomed in, not just while firing.

I never did much with energy weapons until now, but I find it hard to believe this is working as intended. It could be something from a mod that I disabled but didn't deactivate (some of them take forever to re-activate, like NMC, PN, etc). Even if this is how it's supposed to be, surely there is some way to fix it. I did some searching for energy weapon zoom effects on the nexus but didn't see anything. Am I the only one having this problem, or who thinks it's a problem at all?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I think that might be a PN thing, not sure. I noticed that in my game on "home-made" rifles which I believe were added by PN.

Energy weapons in vanilla never had iron sights if I recall correctly, for reasons that are probably obvious now that you see it in action :>

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You can't control the settings in .7 because there aren't any settings. It's pretty much the best reason to not use that version. I thought it was pretty funny when somebody asked the author why they never saw rain or sandstorms in .7, and he explained that their probabilities for occurring were so low, you might very well never see them. :wtc:
Haha, I got sandstorms so much I got utterly tired of them.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 14, 2011

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

counterfeitsaint posted:

I never did much with energy weapons until now, but I find it hard to believe this is working as intended. It could be something from a mod that I disabled but didn't deactivate (some of them take forever to re-activate, like NMC, PN, etc). Even if this is how it's supposed to be, surely there is some way to fix it. I did some searching for energy weapon zoom effects on the nexus but didn't see anything. Am I the only one having this problem, or who thinks it's a problem at all?

This is your most likely culprit - even if you disable the .esp/.esm, if a mod changes weapon animations, that changed animation is going to still be in your Data folder, overriding the normal one used by the game. Try DISABLING archive invalidation and see if you still get it.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Mr. Crow posted:

Well for starters he blatantly steals other authors works and when it's brought up he plays it off and dodges the accusations, the fanboys deny the obvious, and then the mods brush it under the table. :nexus:

Oh and he unjustly has a huge amount of those same raving fanboys despite the fact every single mod he has ever put out has been a complete buggy, crash happy, pile of poo poo that needs to be extensively cleaned before it works properly.

You were spot on. It was totally EVE. I like some of the weapon skins/sounds, but god drat every time I gibbed something I'd crash to desktop.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

This is your most likely culprit - even if you disable the .esp/.esm, if a mod changes weapon animations, that changed animation is going to still be in your Data folder, overriding the normal one used by the game. Try DISABLING archive invalidation and see if you still get it.

I forgot about AI. If I disable that the laser rifle works fine, but the plasma rifle is the same.

Is there anyway to move all the weapons down while zoomed in or something?

SmokinDan
Oct 24, 2010

Mr. Crow posted:

Wow, never knew this.

EVE has been working fine for me, though...

Gutrot
Dec 17, 2004

you're*

Strudel Man posted:

Haha, oh my god.

It looks like Lanius is supposed to have a different greeting for a female courier in the final confrontation, "{Suspicious, slow}And the West seeks to appease me by sending a woman? Such gifts are meant for the cowards of Vegas, not for the Legion."

Unfortunately, the condition for it checks whether Lanius is female, rather than the courier. Whoops!

There's a similar bug that is yet to be addressed via patch with Doctor Usanagi at the Followers of the Apocalypse's medical clinic. You can ask about making a donation, but don't get the dialogue to actually go through with it, because the condition checking whether you have the requisite amount of 500 bottle caps checks Usanagi's inventory rather than the player's.

There's a fix for this here.

Gonkish posted:

god drat every time I gibbed something I'd crash to desktop.

This is a problem with compatibility between EVE and something else I can't recall off the top of my head. There's a compatibility patch here that purports to fix the problem. Can't speak as to its efficacy, as EVE works beautifully for me, just wish I could figure out how to apply some similar laser lovin' to my beloved old school Wattz weaponry.

Gutrot fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 14, 2011

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I downloaded that Desert Scorpion someone linked earlier and a few people said they're supposed to pop-up at the Gun Runners. Yeah that's not happening.

Is there a secret cabinet or something? I hate waiting for poo poo to show up on loot lists if I don't even know what it is I'm looking for.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Mr. Crow posted:

A lot of the bigger mods get passes because they're popular, which brings in more hits and ad revenue. It took forever for earache to get banned and even then it was mainly due to him being a total shitbag and not so much because he had commercial assets. Ahztek has yet to be banned, and probably never will be, because Shrapnel's probably the most popular weapon compilation mod on Nexus. Keep going down the list - if you're popular, you're gonna get a pass unless you really push the limits.

edit: those of you who are having problems with NVBS, have you checked it with FNVEdit and/or created a merged patch? I just checked the esp and it certainly is added to the Gun Runners and right from the get-go.

Naky fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 14, 2011

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Gutrot posted:

There's a similar bug that is yet to be addressed via patch with Doctor Usanagi at the Followers of the Apocalypse's medical clinic. You can ask about making a donation, but don't get the dialogue to actually go through with it, because the condition checking whether you have the requisite amount of 500 bottle caps checks Usanagi's inventory rather than the player's.

There's a fix for this here.

...What happens if you reverse-pickpocket 500 caps into Usanagi's wallet?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Rascyc posted:

Haha, I got sandstorms so much I got utterly tired of them.

The new version has increased storm chances because "realism isn't the purpose of the vanilla lighting". SO...

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
For those having problems getting the NVBS armors to work with Gun Runners, here's a small alteration of the esp that adds a cheaters box under the cart behind the Goodsprings Prospector's Saloon. If you know where the cabinets for TA is, it's right by there.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21453599/Desert_Scorpion.esp

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Naky posted:

For those having problems getting the NVBS armors to work with Gun Runners, here's a small alteration of the esp that adds a cheaters box under the cart behind the Goodsprings Prospector's Saloon. If you know where the cabinets for TA is, it's right by there.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21453599/Desert_Scorpion.esp

Thanks bro :tipshat:

e: The image quality kind of makes the armor look like poo poo, but it's really great. I don't know how I missed this before now.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 14, 2011

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
True Iron Sights is the first setting I toggle on a fresh install.

Has anyone got Electro-City working? Even with nothing but the core New Vegas esm and Electro-City loading, it crashes as soon as I go outside.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
I've been experiencing a lot of crashes today. I added three new mods today since vanilla seemed way too easy. I got world of pain, increased wasteland spawns and gun runners expanded or whatever it's called. Not sure if they are just buggy, or if I need to play with the load order or whatever, they sounded cool though.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
AWOP is a steaming pile of poo poo now. That's probably the source of your crashes.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Seemenaked posted:

world of pain

Get rid of this. Seriously that guy is one of the most goddamn horrific modders that I've ever seen and seems to neither test nor put forth any effort into streamlining his mod.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Also both Increased Wasteland Spawns "active modules" and its civilians.esp are known to cause crashes, but YMMV.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 14, 2011

The_Censorship_Nazi
Jan 1, 2008
Banned in over 52 nations since 1946!

Naky posted:

AWOP is a steaming pile of poo poo now. That's probably the source of your crashes.

Kind of a shame, but yeah, guy does seem to mostly focus on just throwing everything and the kitchen sink in rather than taking the time to address certain things - like the rather odd lighting in many of the levels. Some of them are pretty dull, while others are remarkably dark - it's really a crap shoot. Did have some interesting ideas, but they were really all over the place.

Might not be a bad idea for someone to salvage some of the basic idea of AWOP - adding new world locations - but without adding in all of the modded monsters, overpowered guns, odd quest lines and useless NPCs. And actually putting some EFFORT into their world creation too!

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
I swore I uninstalled Underground Hideout and can't find it on my load order but I came across it in my game anyway. At least I'm assuming thats what it is because of what everybody has said about it being an overscripted mess because every thing I have come across is an overscripted mess. And there's an unavoidable crash so I just walked back outside and forgot about it. Still can't find the .esp to deactivate but I guess it doesn't hurt much so vv

Anyway, I have really come to appreciate the Gator Quad Barrel Shotgun. It uses 20 gauge, which in the late game I hardly ever use due to having big 12 gauge guns, but still causes an absurd amount of damage with its four shells. It's really my favorite thing to walk up to a guy, and if hes a dick to me I put four shells in his chest and watch with glee as his body flies a couple dozen yards.

csm141 fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Aug 14, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
If you want another fun gun that uses a lot of 20 gauge shells, try the M134 Hailstorm. Oh yes.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I personally recommend the colt shotgun. It has serious knock back and is hilarious.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

Naky posted:

If you want another fun gun that uses a lot of 20 gauge shells, try the M134 Hailstorm. Oh yes.

Thirty-three thousand caps! Time to go get booted out of the Tops.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
I'm wondering is there any way to increase the difficulty aside from AWOP? I mean the idea is great, adding a buncha dungeons and stuff. It seems like once I get to Primm the game is just too drat easy for me. So is there a stable reliable mod similar to AWOP that is goon approved?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Seemenaked posted:

I'm wondering is there any way to increase the difficulty aside from AWOP? I mean the idea is great, adding a buncha dungeons and stuff. It seems like once I get to Primm the game is just too drat easy for me. So is there a stable reliable mod similar to AWOP that is goon approved?

PN's rebalance module. Game becomes 100% harder when you don't get stat boosts every level.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Seemenaked posted:

Project Nevada, Creatures Give You Hell, and Rise of the Machines. I've said it a bunch of times before, but this combination will make the game significantly more difficult. I can dig up the settings I've posted before for PN if you feel like using them.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Would anyone know why all the custom eye colors from Ling's would be bright full-eye purple? I recently flattened my install and put everything back and everything but the eyes work. It's pretty eerie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Naky posted:

Would anyone know why all the custom eye colors from Ling's would be bright full-eye purple? I recently flattened my install and put everything back and everything but the eyes work. It's pretty eerie.

Sounds like it's not finding the textures. Eyes and skin go bright purple when they have no texture.