Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Picked up the DCUC "Mad Love" 2-pack. I like the Black and White Tuxedo Joker repaint. I didn't have a Harley and it's nice to have one with a white face instead of blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Scooped up Dr. Strange and Skaar today with that TRU 2 for 10.99 sale. Was hoping for Scarlet Spider so if anyone has a spare, I'll trade you an Apocalypse or Skaar for him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Scooped up Dr. Strange and Skaar today with that TRU 2 for 10.99 sale. Was hoping for Scarlet Spider so if anyone has a spare, I'll trade you an Apocalypse or Skaar for him.

Has he even hit retail?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Rhyno posted:

Has he even hit retail?

I saw two of him earlier this week.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Same here. My TRU had a peg of Scarlet Spiders, Skaars and Dr. Dooms earlier this week.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Xenomrph posted:

Happened to be in Scottsdale and I passed a TRU I otherwise never go to, stopped in and they had the Classic and Elder Predator figures. :woop: They're pretty loving awesome, I am very pleased.

Edit-- ahahaha loving awesome, the Elder Predator's flintlock pistol actually has the correct engraving on it. My nerd-boner just tore through my pants. :awesome:

Cool, glad ya finally got 'em! Are you gonna get the P1 with Gort Mask SDCC figure? They are going to make a proper Gort figure next year, but I needed to have the mask now, plus the closed P1-style hand and trophy are useful for the other P1 figures.

Be careful though, I have heard report of the series 3 figure's elbow joints snapping.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The elbow joints on mine seem to be okay. Right now my computer monitor is framed by all my NECA Predators - on the left I've got the 3 'Predators' guys and the Hound, and on the right I've got the masked Classic, Elder, and masked AvPR "Wolf".

I'm not going to bother with the SDCC Gort, I'll wait for the Predator2 version. I'm looking forward to getting all the rest of the "Lost" Predators, and I really want to get a masked version of the P2 Predator. I'm hoping the rumors that the masked version is going to be some kind of "exclusive" end up being false, because I really don't care to get the unmasked one. I kind of prefer getting masked Preds when I have the choice. :shobon:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

I saw two of him earlier this week.

Son of a bitch.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

The elbow joints on mine seem to be okay. Right now my computer monitor is framed by all my NECA Predators - on the left I've got the 3 'Predators' guys and the Hound, and on the right I've got the masked Classic, Elder, and masked AvPR "Wolf".

I'm not going to bother with the SDCC Gort, I'll wait for the Predator2 version. I'm looking forward to getting all the rest of the "Lost" Predators, and I really want to get a masked version of the P2 Predator. I'm hoping the rumors that the masked version is going to be some kind of "exclusive" end up being false, because I really don't care to get the unmasked one. I kind of prefer getting masked Preds when I have the choice. :shobon:

Yeah, I'm not quite sure how they are gonna handle the Masked P2, so far the only thing I have read on it is from figures.com where they said:

"However, Series 6 doesn't mark the end of Predator figures from NECA. 2012 just so happens to mark the 25th Anniversary for Predator and to celebrate NECA plans on a few more surprises, which MAY include another Quarter Scale Predator, as well as a masked City Hunter in the standard 7-inch scale."

The 1/4th P1 with Gort Mask has been announced so I'm sure that's the 1/4th figure they are referring to. NECA has announced a "Predator" 2-pack this december, but seeing as how they have a super Predator skull sculpted, I'm sure it will be included in that, and the 2-pack with be "Predators" themed, and not P2 themed.

Maybe at the end of series 6 they will release the masked version in just solid cases. I can't see them making this basic version of the character an exclusive, usually they are pretty good about that sort of thing. and if it is, usually their excluives are pretty easy to get. The Alien and Predator TRU 2-pack was very plentiful, and I had no issues getting my SDCC P1 Gort. sucks we have to wait until ALL of the Lost Preds come out to get the masked P2 though.

I really love the unmasked design of the P1 Predator, and even though I still like the City hunter's unmasked face, I prefer the P1's face design much more, so in this instance, I actually want to get the masked version first.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jace Madan posted:

I really love the unmasked design of the P1 Predator, and even though I still like the City hunter's unmasked face, I prefer the P1's face design much more, so in this instance, I actually want to get the masked version first.
I like them too, but not enough to get either the P1 or P2 Preds twice. The Elder suits my "unmasked P1" needs well enough, and I'm sure one of the unmasked Lost Predators will basically be an Unmasked P2 repaint so I'm willing to go for that, too.

I really wanted the little skull pack-ins from the NECA Alien/Predator two-pack, but I already had the 'Alien' figure and I didn't care about the unmasked Predator, so I'd have pretty much been buying the pack for the skulls only. :(
We'll have to see what the 'Predators' 2-pack is, but it'll probably be the same thing. I'm really not sure what new figures they could even do, even repaints. A repainted "wounded" Berserker, I guess? A cloaked/half-cloaked version of one of the Predators?
Even then I'm generally not real big on repaints, but if they did a "Super-Predator" skull pack-in I'd be very interested in that (and likely only that).

My only real "complaints" with the Elder and Classic Preds are that I wish their wristblades could actually retract all the way in like the AvPR Wolf Pred could, and the feet seem.... big. Like, compared to the feet on the AvPR Pred and the 'Predators' trio, the feet on Classic and Elder are really big and it doesn't quite look right. I don't have any of my McFarlane Preds handy for comparison, but I don't recall the feet being this big on those versions either.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

If anyone cares, Matty extended the open date for subs one more week, now ending on Monday, 8/22.

Unfortunately, they still haven't made announcements about any other figures for the DCUC sub, which is what's most likely holding back a lot of people who would otherwise consider grabbing that one.

I'd really love to see this line continue, especially since it's so rare for a company to even offer to do something like this in lieu of just shutting it down completely, but I can't really blame people for not wanting to drop $225 + shipping over the course of a year for figures they don't know about and may not want.

Although, considering that the extra week they gave it only had the "thermometer" go up not even 10% (it was at 29%, it's now around maybe 36%), announcing the full line-up probably wouldn't net them all the subscribers they need to get the go-ahead.

Would have been nice to get Jay Garrick or Metron, but at least that LoSH pack looks awesome and will probably still come out.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Sanschel posted:

If anyone cares, Matty extended the open date for subs one more week, now ending on Monday, 8/22.

Unfortunately, they still haven't made announcements about any other figures for the DCUC sub, which is what's most likely holding back a lot of people who would otherwise consider grabbing that one.

I'd really love to see this line continue, especially since it's so rare for a company to even offer to do something like this in lieu of just shutting it down completely, but I can't really blame people for not wanting to drop $225 + shipping over the course of a year for figures they don't know about and may not want.

Although, considering that the extra week they gave it only had the "thermometer" go up not even 10% (it was at 29%, it's now around maybe 36%), announcing the full line-up probably wouldn't net them all the subscribers they need to get the go-ahead.

Would have been nice to get Jay Garrick or Metron, but at least that LoSH pack looks awesome and will probably still come out.

I'm a big DCUC collector, and I primarily collect the JSA, so a Jay Garrick is big on my list. But

A. I don't trust Mattel to actually provide figures in exchange for money, given Mattycollector's habitual incompetance.

B. The prices were just obscene even before adding in shipping costs.

C. I don't trust them on character selection any more. As a JSA fan I'm grateful for the fanservice there, but the sudden shift toward lovely modern storyline-based stuff makes me wary. Blue Lantern Back-from-the-Dead Barry Allen? gently caress. What is this, He-Man? Do I really need Arctic Assault Lex Luthor or whatever Geoff Johns shits out this week? These are supposed to be DC Universe CLASSICS, not just flavor-of-the-week.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I got all the new DCU wave minus Hal if anyone is interest. I'm not keeping any.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Sanschel posted:

I kind of want Mattel to realize that they hosed up by jacking up the prices so much. They assume that people will buy DCUC no matter what character it is and how much it is. I didn't sign up for the service because I want them to realize that it's not true. Plus Mattycollecter.com sucks and ordering stuff through it is like driving hot bamboo shoots under your finger nails. I don't want to reward their incompetence. They mishandled their line at retail, and then got greedy when they realized it was the best comic book line of the decade. I refuse to believe that production costs went up so much since 2008 that they had to double the retail price in 3 years.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Fish Of Doom posted:

I kind of want Mattel to realize that they hosed up by jacking up the prices so much. They assume that people will buy DCUC no matter what character it is and how much it is. I didn't sign up for the service because I want them to realize that it's not true. Plus Mattycollecter.com sucks and ordering stuff through it is like driving hot bamboo shoots under your finger nails. I don't want to reward their incompetence. They mishandled their line at retail, and then got greedy when they realized it was the best comic book line of the decade. I refuse to believe that production costs went up so much since 2008 that they had to double the retail price in 3 years.

My new theory is that they never actually intended to continue DCUC. They put together this bullshit "offer" so that on the off-chance that the money came pouring in, they could take advantage. But mostly, they want to be able to say "well we tried, but you stupid fans wouldn't pay for it".

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

My new theory is that they never actually intended to continue DCUC. They put together this bullshit "offer" so that on the off-chance that the money came pouring in, they could take advantage. But mostly, they want to be able to say "well we tried, but you stupid fans wouldn't pay for it".

This business tactic reminds me of "The Capcom" with what they pulled with 3DS's Mega Man Legends 3.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Marshalls had a Starman (Jack Knight) if anyone still needed it.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I was pretty stoked to find the MU Sentry/Spider-Man "comic battles" two pack at Goodwill, unopened, for $1.99 yesterday.

There have been so many times I have almost bought it for $14 at Toys R Us but passed on it.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Honestly it comes down to two things, the price which is just outrageous and that the DCUC collector is VERY picky much like the DC Comics fan. Some want only Batman stuff, some JSA, some Super Powers, etc. It has always been more of a "pick and choose" line compared to a Marvel Legends which I have always seen more people including myself buying all the figures in a wave disregarding character selection. I am not sure if it has to do with that the Marvel Universe in itself is less segmented than the DCU or if it is something else.

Mattel screwed up on this one bad. While I am all for being able to just order all my toys online without having to deal with stores not getting shipments in... ever and fighting toy scalpers, Matty Collector for the most part is a overpriced nightmare. No one is going to sign up for a DCUC line without knowing what the figures are going to be. This isn't like MOTU, Ghostbusters or even Voltron where you kind of know what you are going to get. They are asking people to spend a LOT of money on a blind buy. No wonder they can't get anyone to sign up. If they would have came out at SDCC, shown off the protos they did and then announced the most of the rest of the line with stuff people would be really excited about they would be fine. Instead it seems like they don't exactly have a plan with it and it makes people more nervous and less likely to sign up.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Snacksmaniac posted:

Marshalls had a Starman (Jack Knight) if anyone still needed it.

A friend of mine needs it, so I would take it off your hands!

EDIT: My e-mail is saxman2 AT hotmail.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Spent the day at WizardWorld Chicago today. Snagged a New Gods Superman (Jack Kirby Baby!) for $5, a BN Atrocitus for $20, a Scarlet Spider and the last three new Daleks I needed to have the whole lineup of them. Good day all in all!

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Found the new RoboCop at TRU today, last one left. I can't wait for the unhelmeted version:

Also, forgot to post these earlier, prototype pics of some of the Lost Hunters:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

NECA making that Robocop I assume?

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

The Rage posted:

NECA making that Robocop I assume?

Yep, it's a scaled-down version of their older 18" one with updated sculpting details and added articulation. I think it is much better than the old Mcfarlane one.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Very nice, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled then. I'd love to put Robocop on the shelf with my T-800 Endoskeleton and Predators.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Now, if you guys have the money to drop on it (and can wait for it to get to you), there is a Figma Robocop. He's probably got a better range of movement than Robocop ever actually had himself.

I think HobbyLink Japan has him for about $40 before shipping.

Darth Ronson
Jun 18, 2004

Say.. that's a nice
hat.
Anyone know what this badass GunBear figure is from? I picked it up for 50p at a car boot today. It's marked as being put out by Hasbro in 1999.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Definitely getting all of those Predators. :swoon:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

A friend of mine needs it, so I would take it off your hands!

EDIT: My e-mail is saxman2 AT hotmail.

Emailed.
Now someone want these last two wave figures :mad:

TheVigilante
Jan 23, 2005

when you gamble with the world's greatest manhunter...you bet your life!

Darth Ronson posted:

Anyone know what this badass GunBear figure is from? I picked it up for 50p at a car boot today. It's marked as being put out by Hasbro in 1999.

This is from Action Man. I kinda always wanted one myself just because of the ridiculousness of it.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Djarum posted:

Honestly it comes down to two things, the price which is just outrageous and that the DCUC collector is VERY picky much like the DC Comics fan. Some want only Batman stuff, some JSA, some Super Powers, etc. It has always been more of a "pick and choose" line compared to a Marvel Legends which I have always seen more people including myself buying all the figures in a wave disregarding character selection. I am not sure if it has to do with that the Marvel Universe in itself is less segmented than the DCU or if it is something else.

Mattel screwed up on this one bad. While I am all for being able to just order all my toys online without having to deal with stores not getting shipments in... ever and fighting toy scalpers, Matty Collector for the most part is a overpriced nightmare. No one is going to sign up for a DCUC line without knowing what the figures are going to be. This isn't like MOTU, Ghostbusters or even Voltron where you kind of know what you are going to get. They are asking people to spend a LOT of money on a blind buy. No wonder they can't get anyone to sign up. If they would have came out at SDCC, shown off the protos they did and then announced the most of the rest of the line with stuff people would be really excited about they would be fine. Instead it seems like they don't exactly have a plan with it and it makes people more nervous and less likely to sign up.

You're right about DCUC collectors being more picky. Not knowing what 3/4 of the figures are is pretty shameful. How can you put money down for something you don't even know what you're paying for. It's like the most expensive blind box toys ever.

I also did the math, $220 for a subscription + $13 shipping per figure, comes out to $376. That's a lot of cash to lay down for a surprise. $28 is also ridiculous for a 6" figure.

I hate Mattel giving this ultimatum, like, "Either bend over for us or DCUC is over". They can get hosed for that, I'm not paying nearly $400 just to keep a toyline alive. You have to be a hardcore completist to subscribe, but the joke is that because of the price increases, there aren't many completists left.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 15, 2011

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
What gets me is that MOTU, Ghostbusters, and Voltron are pretty much "closed" universes. They are finite stories (movies/cartoons/comics/previous toy lines) and relatively small numbers of characters to choose from. Fans can get the subscriptions and know pretty much what they're going to get.

The DCU is so vast that it'll be impossible to please EVERYONE. There are some die-hard completist collectors out there, but I'm certainly not one (and wouldn't be even if I could afford it), and I don't know any who are. I've heard from Golden and Silver Age aficionados who hate the "rape-murder comics" of the last two decades, Kirby nuts who love all the off-the-wall Super Powers and Fourth World choices (definitely not me), '90s JLA fans, JSA/Doom Patrol/Metal Men/Titans team-completion enthusiasts, Geoff Johns fanboys who want every obscure background character from every Green Lantern-related comic ever, and people like me, who specialize in JLI and Starman-related characters (and would dabble in Wildstorm if they made any). Beyond that, I stick to a pretty small collecting budget, so I refuse to subscribe when I have no idea what would be coming, but the odds are good that I wouldn't want ANY of the characters.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Mattycollector got itself into another fine screw-up. It double charged people for the MOTU August figures. They apparently forgot to tell Digital River that Man-E-Faces was coming in august too so many people were just charged for Megator. But instead of canceling the charge right away they went ahead and charged another order with the corrected ammount for two figures. Alot of people apparently got overdraft fees from their banks becuase of this.

I'm still looking for that Faker vs Bizarro two pack, it apparently sold out of TRU.com within hours.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Vaerai Archon posted:

Mattycollector got itself into another fine screw-up. It double charged people for the MOTU August figures. They apparently forgot to tell Digital River that Man-E-Faces was coming in august too so many people were just charged for Megator. But instead of canceling the charge right away they went ahead and charged another order with the corrected ammount for two figures. Alot of people apparently got overdraft fees from their banks becuase of this.

If you have so little money in your bank account that an unexpected $20 will give you an overdraft fee, you probably shouldn't have a MOTU subscription.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

You should also just use a credit card to pay for these things.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Fish Of Doom posted:

If you have so little money in your bank account that an unexpected $20 will give you an overdraft fee, you probably shouldn't have a MOTU subscription.

What you just said is true, and yet they shouldn't abuse access to your bank/credit card information.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Happy Matty day all!

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I just pray that the Beastman re-release is not just un-used backstock and is a full on release.

Edit*
Welp I was able to order him within 5 minutes by mashing F5 and ignoring Matty's orders to not mash F5. This finishes out the 2008 line-up of figures for me(there was only SDCC King Greyskull, He-man, and Beastman).

Now only if they'll re-release Man at Arms, Scareglow, and Webstor I can finish the 2009 line-up.

Vaerai Archon fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 15, 2011

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Why cookie Rocket posted:

What you just said is true, and yet they shouldn't abuse access to your bank/credit card information.

Remember when Mythic Entertainment's billing screwed up and people were getting charged 12+ times even if they cancelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Snacksmaniac posted:

Remember when Mythic Entertainment's billing screwed up and people were getting charged 12+ times even if they cancelled.

Uhmm...no. What's Mythic Entertainment known for?