Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Stop using Nevada Skies, start using F3NV Project Reality. It seems like its gonna be the new defacto lighting/weather mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
Thanks for the suggestion. When the last DLC comes out, it'll probably be out and I'll make use of it then with my install.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
No problem. Nevada Skies was good when it started, but lately the author has been ignoring problems, creating new ones and just pandering for upvotes/DLs.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

ParagonParadox27 posted:

Thank you, Nevada Skies URWLified 3.0! After installing it according to readme, large sections of the game world are now nothing but bright purple blotches, Doc Mitchell's face included, and his clothes are now, for some reason, all lovely-looking camo-colored. I don't even know why I reinstalled this loving thing when I should be playing Nehrim or Morrowind. :I

Are you sure you installed it right? For some reason people have trouble installing Nevada Skies correctly, when it's really just a two-step process: install the correct data pack, then install the correct esm. I've never had a problem with it, and I've used both URWLified and the current vanilla version. May switch back to URWLified, I like having actual visibility more than moody atmosphere.

Make sure you didn't install the data pack for the vanilla edition. If you're using URWLified 3.0, you need the 0.6 data file.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Stop using Nevada Skies, start using F3NV Project Reality. It seems like its gonna be the new defacto lighting/weather mod.

Does Project Reality have pitch black nights? Does it have an option to revert the nights to vanilla brightness, if so?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Schubalts posted:

Does Project Reality have pitch black nights? Does it have an option to revert the nights to vanilla brightness, if so?

I'm using lots of mods on top of it, I can't really comment on how the nights are without other mods, sorry.

EDIT: Here's a screen shot for you to judge if you want:

A Fancy 400 lbs fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 14, 2011

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Schubalts posted:

I don't believe the nights are as dark as in Nevada Skies. There's no options to adjust nighttime brightness but the author says he's adding it in the next version.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Decided to give it a shot just to see how it compared to Nevada skies, since I just installed that about an hour ago which isn't long enough to create brand loyalty. When I went outside everything was completely greyscale :geno:. Back to nevada skies for me.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 14, 2011

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

That's dark, but I can still see pretty far in that. Nevada Skies nights were literally pitch black for me, as if I had cranked every brightness setting on my computer to zero, except for lamps.

Night brightness changer maxed

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

Decided to give it a shot just to see how it compared to Nevada skies, since I just installed that about an hour ago which isn't long enough to create brand loyalty. When I went outside everything was completely greyscale :geno:. Back to nevada skies for me.

If you're using Imaginator or the like, reset your settings before judging it. It uses a much different style than Nevada Skies so settings that work well with Nevada Skies look like poo poo with F3NV and vica versa. My shot above was with added desaturation and only slight blue/cyan tinting.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

If you're using Imaginator or the like, reset your settings before judging it. It uses a much different style than Nevada Skies so settings that work well with Nevada Skies look like poo poo with F3NV and vica versa. My shot above was with added desaturation and only slight blue/cyan tinting.

Oh, I'm absolutely sure it was a bug owing to me not completely uninstalling NV skies to try it out, instead just switching it off in the mod manager.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

What's it like when it rains? If it rains at noon, is it still obviously in the middle of the day?

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe

Coughing Hobo posted:

PN and DarN do work together, you can check the menus folder and there should be one with some DarN compatibility files. Alternatively, use Unified HUD Project.

Thanks for the push, once I read the instructions on the Unified mod it all made sense. Now I have a small font hud with just what I need. Weeeee!
I add one mod at a time and see what happens, tends to keep me reluctant for quick changes. Paid off when I tried the sound changes in the OP, no real instructions that explained why it needed a script despite using FOMM and NVSE, and it crashed on startup 100%. drat shame.

And every OJO Large texture pack I add after it finally downloads is like a Xmas present, not to mention the weapon re-textures from Arvo'.

It's like I never played this before.

triad
Jan 6, 2007

YOU KNEADED SOMEONE TO BLAME, SO YOU CRUST IT ON ME
I'm totally brand new, and have no idea what I'm doing. I moved NVSE and the .dll's to the fallout new vegas folder, and installed the NVSE version of ST Traits. For it to work, do I have to launch the game with the NVSE loader, or can I launch the game through FOMM?

Also, is Nevada Skies going to give me a super hard time? Should I just go with Fellout?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

You launch New Vegas normally. NVSE will be active as long as you put the files in the right place.

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.
I've been thinking... should we have an "idea list" in the op? I have a couple that I think are good:

*First, implementing reputations, like in Fallout 2. I know we have faction reputation, but I'm refering to character reputations: Virgin of the Wastes, Gigolo, Child Killer, stuff like that. Those will give you benefits (Virgin of the Wastes will give you nothing, Gigolo will increase charisma by 1, Child Killer, a vilified faction reputation on all factions, etc)

*Second, make a unique version of every weapon that doesn't have one, like a unique hunting rifle called "Frontier Justice" or a riot shotgun called "The Patriot"

What do you think?

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

I'm trying to download the mod config menu and getting a 'file does not exist' error when I try downloading it. Nexus link:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file/files.php?id=42507

I can't find it for download anywhere and the support link on the forums has no mention of the file being down. Anyone have an alternate link/want to kindly upload it somewhere?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

V!ntar posted:

I've been thinking... should we have an "idea list" in the op? I have a couple that I think are good:

*First, implementing reputations, like in Fallout 2. I know we have faction reputation, but I'm refering to character reputations: Virgin of the Wastes, Gigolo, Child Killer, stuff like that. Those will give you benefits (Virgin of the Wastes will give you nothing, Gigolo will increase charisma by 1, Child Killer, a vilified faction reputation on all factions, etc)

*Second, make a unique version of every weapon that doesn't have one, like a unique hunting rifle called "Frontier Justice" or a riot shotgun called "The Patriot"

What do you think?

I think... you should get started on those right away :tipshat:

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
What vendors sell weapons from the Armory Mod? I'm trying to track down that KAC PDW recommended to me, but Gun Runners and that guy at the 188 don't have it. Anywhere else I might find it?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Reveilled posted:

What vendors sell weapons from the Armory Mod? I'm trying to track down that KAC PDW recommended to me, but Gun Runners and that guy at the 188 don't have it. Anywhere else I might find it?

It may not be in the leveled lists yet. Only like 30% or so is actually in the lists right now.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Oh. In that case, any idea what the item code would be? Or am I going to have to switch to the version which adds those cabinets I can get it out of?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Are there any mods that let you break actual guns down into crafting components? I know it'd be less economically efficient then just selling the guns, but with the amount of caps you get, who cares?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Reveilled posted:

Oh. In that case, any idea what the item code would be? Or am I going to have to switch to the version which adds those cabinets I can get it out of?

You can load the cabinet esp's at any time, and then unload them. They don't conflict with the leveled lists.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I don't believe the nights are as dark as in Nevada Skies. There's no options to adjust nighttime brightness but the author says he's adding it in the next version.

The Nevada Skies nighttime brightness/darkness adjuster has been out for weeks.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

And it still barely affects the brightness.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

triad posted:

I'm totally brand new, and have no idea what I'm doing. I moved NVSE and the .dll's to the fallout new vegas folder, and installed the NVSE version of ST Traits. For it to work, do I have to launch the game with the NVSE loader, or can I launch the game through FOMM?

Also, is Nevada Skies going to give me a super hard time? Should I just go with Fellout?

I had absolutely not problem getting nevada skies to work from the get go. All I did was:
  • Get the file called exactly "NSkies URWLified 30 Complete" (that's a direct link to the file).
  • Inside is a single FOMM file that you run. It'll start up FOMM and put everything in the right place. Just mash buttons until you get to your load order.
  • Make sure only the appropriate DLC .esm files are flagged to run, it'll crash if you try and use one for DLC you don't have.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 15, 2011

triad
Jan 6, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

I had absolutely not problem getting nevada skies to work from the get go. All I did was:
  • Get the file called exactly "NSkies URWLified 30 Complete" (that's a direct link to the file).
  • Inside is a single FOMM file that you run. It'll start up FOMM and put everything in the right place. Just mash buttons until you get to your load order.
  • Make sure only the appropriate DLC .esm files are flagged to run, it'll crash if you try and use one for DLC you don't have.

Awesome thanks. And where should this be in my load order?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

triad posted:

Awesome thanks. And where should this be in my load order?

The most specific it gets is "as late as possible". The entirety of my load order can be seen here, so it's not such a big deal for me :v:

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
Just checked this mod out that popped up on the Nexus recently, Caves of Primm: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=43427

It's a decent area/player home. The home is pretty simplistic minus a teleporter you can use if you want it, and the interiors were fun to explore.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Has anyone tried the Dynamic Third Person Camera mod? The one that changes the third person camera angle depending on what you're doing/what weapon you're using? It sounds pretty cool and I've been looking for a third person camera mod that actually allows me to play the game in third person seeing as any combat basically means you're missing your shots no matter what.

triad
Jan 6, 2007

Welp.

Got all of the mods installed, and when i tried to run the game (Both through FOMM and Steam) it crashed immediately. I figured it was something wrong with the load order, so I unchecked everything but FNV, and the two DLCs (Honest Hearts and Dead Money), but It still crashed after the first screen. Then I unselected everything but FNV, and it still crashes after the first screen.

I figured something like this might happen, is it best to reinstall and start from scratch?

VVVV Yeah, NVSE is installed. I have DarnedUI installed, but it wasn't selected in my load order. Is there something I need to delete/install to make it work if the UI mod is just installed?

triad fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 15, 2011

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.

triad posted:

Welp.

Got all of the mods installed, and when i tried to run the game (Both through FOMM and Steam) it crashed immediately. I figured it was something wrong with the load order, so I unchecked everything but FNV, and the two DLCs (Honest Hearts and Dead Money), but It still crashed after the first screen. Then I unselected everything but FNV, and it still crashes after the first screen.

I figured something like this might happen, is it best to reinstall and start from scratch?

NVSE installed? Also, if you have a mod that changes the UI, that might be it.

EDIT:

Mr. Crow posted:

I think... you should get started on those right away :tipshat:

I don't know poo poo about writing scripts :v:

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Are there any decent inventory sorting mods out there? I did some checking, and most of what I found were just mods that tagged on a prefix to organize items. I was hoping there would be a kind of tab system, kind of like the pip-boy uses only more specific (and one that worked in trade/storage windows). Perhaps that is wishing for the moon, but the default inventory 'options' seem to be endless scrolling.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Brace posted:

Has anyone tried the Dynamic Third Person Camera mod? The one that changes the third person camera angle depending on what you're doing/what weapon you're using? It sounds pretty cool and I've been looking for a third person camera mod that actually allows me to play the game in third person seeing as any combat basically means you're missing your shots no matter what.

I use it. It really is dynamic. Even has a customizer that let's you edit the different angles. It makes third-person very playable to me. I have an easier time sniping in third, than using iron sights.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

graynull posted:

Are there any decent inventory sorting mods out there? I did some checking, and most of what I found were just mods that tagged on a prefix to organize items. I was hoping there would be a kind of tab system, kind of like the pip-boy uses only more specific (and one that worked in trade/storage windows). Perhaps that is wishing for the moon, but the default inventory 'options' seem to be endless scrolling.

You do know that you can click on the "Items" title at the top of your inventory in a vendor or container menu to narrow down the list as per the Pip-Boy tabs, right? 'Cause that sounds like what you're asking for.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Male Man posted:

You do know that you can click on the "Items" title at the top of your inventory in a vendor or container menu to narrow down the list as per the Pip-Boy tabs, right? 'Cause that sounds like what you're asking for.

Ha, I did not. There doesn't seem to be a ton of documentation about little things like that, that I have found yet. Thanks.

triad
Jan 6, 2007

ugh, finally got the game to load, but now whenever I open my PipBoy to either the apparel or ammo tabs, the game CTDs.

I'm also getting a weird glitch on character creation where that huge red diamond with white exclamation mark appears, covering my face, and most of the eye color options are just solid pink. I have Lings installed, and I tried reinstalling but it's still doing the same thing.

Here's my load order:

code:
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] Caliber.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] NVCE Main.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X] Reload.esp
[X] Rearm.esp
[X] The.Armory.esm
[X] More Perks.esm
[X] Lings.esm
[X] NSkies URWLified.esm
[X] NVCE DLC01.esp
[X] NVCE DLC02.esp
[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp
[ ] Rebalance.esp
[ ] RearmRebalance.esp
[ ] ReSort.esp
[X] Expanded Traits.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
[X] More Perks Update.esp
[X] NV_STTraitsandPerks - NVSE.esp
[X] Better Binoculars High.esp
[X] Tailor Maid - NV.esp
[X] The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
[X] The.Armory.Performance.Killing.Ballistics.esp
[ ] The.Armory.Stalker.Pack.esp
[X] SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
[ ] NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp
[X] Wasteland Defense.esp
[X] Rustyhwys.esp
[X] ExtendedNVRadio.esp
[X] NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp
[X] NSkies URWLifiedDM.esp
Any ideas? :sweatdrop:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

triad posted:

ugh, finally got the game to load, but now whenever I open my PipBoy to either the apparel or ammo tabs, the game CTDs.

I'm also getting a weird glitch on character creation where that huge red diamond with white exclamation mark appears, covering my face, and most of the eye color options are just solid pink. I have Lings installed, and I tried reinstalling but it's still doing the same thing.

Here's my load order:

Something with lings isn't installed correctly, that's the error you're getting in character creation I'd bet. Someone mentioned last page that they were getting all purple eyes as well and they didn't have everything installed correctly. Double check the install or check to see if it has any updates.

The other sounds like a PN issue but I purposely avoid overhauls for that exact reason.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

triad posted:

Here's my load order:

code:
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] Caliber.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] NVCE Main.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X] Reload.esp
[X] Rearm.esp
[X] The.Armory.esm
[X] More Perks.esm
[X] Lings.esm
[X] NSkies URWLified.esm
[X] NVCE DLC01.esp
[X] NVCE DLC02.esp
[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp
[ ] Rebalance.esp
[ ] RearmRebalance.esp
[ ] ReSort.esp
[X] Expanded Traits.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
[X] More Perks Update.esp
[X] NV_STTraitsandPerks - NVSE.esp
[X] Better Binoculars High.esp
[X] Tailor Maid - NV.esp
[X] The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
[X] The.Armory.Performance.Killing.Ballistics.esp
[ ] The.Armory.Stalker.Pack.esp
[X] SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
[ ] NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp
[X] Wasteland Defense.esp
[X] Rustyhwys.esp
[X] ExtendedNVRadio.esp
[X] NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp
[X] NSkies URWLifiedDM.esp

For Lings, you probably did what I half forgot to do - forget to extract the textures and meshes folder along with the Lings.bsa file. In my case, I forgot to extract the textures folder. For ammo, I think you should probably load Shitiber after the DLC esms, perhaps. As for the apparel... I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Holy poo poo I just found the Vault-Tec Power Armor that Project Nevada adds in. It's so wonderful. Now I just need a suitably large weapon.