Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Revol posted:

LEGO Shop exclusive set: 10220 Volkswagen T1 Camper Van. 1332 pieces for $100 dollars, coming out October.

There are high-resolution Flickr photos. Looks pretty cool, the interior is really detailed. I see a few new pieces, beginning with the VW emblem on the front, which can't be a sticker because the logo is raised a bit.

well this is so going to be bought as soon as I can get my grubby hands on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubbyMinx
Dec 30, 2009

Rythe posted:

Took some family who came into town down to Dallas to hit the museums and get some dinner this weekend. Haven't been to the Lego store down there yet, it was not nearly as big and impressive as the one I went to in Orlando Florida near Disney.

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but the Orlando Lego store is the largest in the World. It has both the largest floor space and the largest pick-a-brick wall. (It got overtaken for wall size at one point, but the re-furb put it back at the #1 spot)

I really want that Camper Van, but I have a friend in the UK who will want it even more. He spends too much of his money on Lego as it is, but he's also a VW fan... he'll be all over that set!

In other news - I've decided to build a microscale version of some real life buildings. Does anyone have any hints or tips on how they'd usually go about doing this? I've never really dealt with microscale before now, and I'm quite looking forward to the challenge!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

JohnWilkesGoonth posted:

What I don't get is who would attack a blacksmith? Alternatively, why would a blacksmith attack someone?

They want the weapons he's made, or something. Alternately they're the bad guys and they're just being dicks.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
It's just a misunderstanding.
The knight wants horse shoes but they don't speak the same language.
Unfortunately it led to bloodshed.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Holy crap that VW camper is unbelievable. Way better looking than the beetle.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Its a few pages back, but I owned that technic Droideka set. It was awesome. Over-engineered as all hell, but totally awesome. It really did roll and open up, it was great.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

VanSandman posted:

Its a few pages back, but I owned that technic Droideka set. It was awesome. Over-engineered as all hell, but totally awesome. It really did roll and open up, it was great.

I still have mine but it's so old that the bands have worn out.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Have the series 5 minifigures reached the U.S. yet? I plan on going to the Lego store at Barton Creek tomorrow and it'd be nice to pick some up.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I saw a brand-spanking-new LEGO Land Orlando tour bus driving down from Georgia tonight :buddy:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

VaultAggie posted:

Have the series 5 minifigures reached the U.S. yet? I plan on going to the Lego store at Barton Creek tomorrow and it'd be nice to pick some up.

The Eurobricks thread indicates they're starting to appear. Rumored spotting in NJ, and an actual purchase in PA. A TRU warehouse reportedly has 18,000 and they've started shipping to stores.

Lego stores tend to get them later than other retailers, though.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

VanSandman posted:

That's one of the sets in our Lego room (No sense calling it a library anymore, there's more Lego all over than books at this point..) in line for reassembly after the move.

Need to figure out what kind of rubber bands it needs though, length isn't quite enough info, need to figure out the strength and elasticity, get a new set and keep the info on hand to replace in the future.

We got the 7208 Fire Station on sale at Toys R Us for $54 or so today, came out to about the same price as on Amazon but HERE TODAY instead of next week. I love how the fire station sprawls, it makes it look a lot bigger than it is, and the ladder truck is amazing.

Gotta get the police station put back together and work on a city scene. I think I may be more excited about Lego now than my fiance, and almost all the Lego in the house is his. The idea of setting up a city scene is getting me all giddy.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Woop, Melbourne's Myer had the Tripod in stock.

And a bunch of Tower Bridge sets for- AUS$400?! :stare:

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Revol posted:

LEGO Shop exclusive set: 10220 Volkswagen T1 Camper Van. 1332 pieces for $100 dollars, coming out October.

There are high-resolution Flickr photos. Looks pretty cool, the interior is really detailed. I see a few new pieces, beginning with the VW emblem on the front, which can't be a sticker because the logo is raised a bit.

They put up a video for that one. They usually mention unique pieces.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utagD0Vh3Rc

satanicmantis
Feb 19, 2008

toochilled posted:

Nice one.
I've yet to see any series 5, although the local Tesco was nice enough to tell me they had them but would only put them out once the rest of their series 4 had sold.
Sadly since they still have a box and a half out, and it seems no one locally is buying them I may have to wait a while.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard - surely they realise if no one wants the old ones, and people want the new ones, you bring them out and put them on sale? Can't believe you're trying to spend money and they're not allowing you. I work in a Tesco store and would bring them out for anyone who asked (after having felt them all up during my lunch break and buying all the best ones, obviously).

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

It's available on Amazon.

toochilled
Apr 3, 2003

satanicmantis posted:

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard - surely they realise if no one wants the old ones, and people want the new ones, you bring them out and put them on sale? Can't believe you're trying to spend money and they're not allowing you. I work in a Tesco store and would bring them out for anyone who asked (after having felt them all up during my lunch break and buying all the best ones, obviously).

I can only agree!
Any chance you can get a transfer to Streatham Tesco?

I popped to Croydon at the weekend and got a bundle anyway. Managed to get most of what I wanted, except the 2 I want most (Gladiator and Gorn).
Also got the pack of the 11 Doctor "not LEGO" Minifigs which I must admit are very cool, although I would still prefer LEGO to licence it propper.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

So I got an internship this summer. Now that tuition paid, some money in savings, yada yada, I've got money for lego.

The problem is, I'm not such what to get. I've been eyeing the Super Star Destroyer or the Death Star, and I like the Death Star a lot more. I would really like a BOGO at Toys R Us, and hopefully find one with the Death Star and either the Falcon or Imperial Shuttle, but since they don't sell the Death Star online, that might be a pipe dream.

The Super Star Destroyer looks sweet, but man, the piece count is so much lower than the Death Star, and it has less minifigs.

If I get the Death Star, than the Christmas mini ships would be a great addition too.

Goons, tell me what I should do.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

kensei posted:

Lego Wookiee Life Day!?

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

kensei posted:

This looks loving awesome. I'll definitely pick that up. Also, I stopped by the lego store today but they said that since Lego officially releases Series 5 in September, they won't be able to sell them until the release date.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

kensei posted:

I saw the City Advent Calendar at TRU the other day, but I was pretty disappointed. It uses up 7 days to build a tiny police station and a police buggy.

Nighthawk
Nov 21, 2003
(Spiffy title here)

Pyroclastic posted:

The Eurobricks thread indicates they're starting to appear. Rumored spotting in NJ, and an actual purchase in PA. A TRU warehouse reportedly has 18,000 and they've started shipping to stores.

Lego stores tend to get them later than other retailers, though.

The Toys-R-Us near me in Omaha had 6 bags out, the people behind the customer service desk said they did not have any more yet. I will have to go back this weekend to see if they got restocked.

I got the monkey trainer lady, the lumberjack, the boxer, and cavewoman. I love the roots hat on the lumberjack!

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Revol posted:

:aaaaa:
I neeeeed this
Do they make purple bricks?

Dame Cook
Aug 6, 2006

by I Ozma Myself

Thumposaurus posted:

Do they make purple bricks?
Pretty much that exact shade of purple. But I'm not sure they make all the parts you'd need in it.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
The orange part of the roof extension is fabric? And fabric curtains? The amount of detail in that set is amazing.

Edit:

Lava lamp!

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 16, 2011

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Day One purchase right there.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Dame Cook posted:

Pretty much that exact shade of purple. But I'm not sure they make all the parts you'd need in it.
Sadly, even the basic 2x8 plate you need for the engine access cover isn't available in purple. It seems purple is primarily used as accent pieces on space sets like this and Batman sets.

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH
Lots of purply goodness here, but not a great deal of variety. Of the "normal" pieces, there's just 3x2 plates and 4x1, 2x1 and 1x1 bricks.

So buying that VW though

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Camper van is awesome, and I'll have to pick it up, but price is $119.99 not $100.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
If you're in the US and near a closing Borders, they have minifigures on clearance for $2.75 at the moment, which is better than any other price I've seen locally. Mine had a few series 4 left and a huge box of series 5 available.

Don't bother with the other lego sets though; they seem to be marked up so that the "30% discount price" is pretty much the same as Target's regular price.

Hobnob fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 16, 2011

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

So in the Space Center, how the hell is the astronaut supposed to get home? He's just chilling in orbit on the back of the box.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Hobnob posted:

If you're in the US and near a closing Borders, they have minifigures on clearance for $2.75 at the moment, which is better than any other price I've seen locally. Mine had a few series 4 left and a huge box of series 5 available.

Don't bother with the other lego sets though; they seem to be marked up so that the "30% discount price" is pretty much the same as Target's regular price.

They have S5? Really? That would mean their warehouses are getting new stuff in, and they're not just clearing inventory. Guess I'll head up there tomorrow to check my store. And TRU's lego guy usually comes Wednesdays or Thursdays, so maybe I'll get lucky.

I noticed their pricing on sets a while ago. They had a few of the Powerminers Lavatraz sets. MSRP: $50. Borders price before the 20% going out of business "clearance": $64.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Pyroclastic posted:

They have S5? Really? That would mean their warehouses are getting new stuff in, and they're not just clearing inventory. Guess I'll head up there tomorrow to check my store. And TRU's lego guy usually comes Wednesdays or Thursdays, so maybe I'll get lucky.

drat, sorry, I was mistaken, not series 5. I was out looking for S5 too and got them mixed up in my mind when I wrote that post. My local Borders had some series 3 and lots of series 4. No series 5. Hope that didn't mess anyone up.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Camper van is awesome, and I'll have to pick it up, but price is $119.99 not $100.

Thank goodness, the CAN$130 vs. US$100 difference seemed a bit too high.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Revol posted:

This looks awesome, though I really want to buy it, gut it, and convert it into a drag bus.

boner meter
Apr 27, 2006
I AM A SMUG ASSHOLE WHO BELIEVES IN RACIST PROPAGANDA. I DESERVE ONLY RIDICULE.

PopeOnARope posted:

This looks awesome, though I really want to buy it, gut it, and convert it into a drag bus.

I want to spacebusify it. Space-Heads needs to be the next space theme.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

boner meter posted:

I want to spacebusify it. Space-Heads needs to be the next space theme.

Call it the "Marcus Garvey" and make sure the mighty dub never stops. :350:

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Hobnob posted:

Yeah, they were always that high. I picked up a Falling Water from the one near me, but had to wait until they were almost closed to get it cheaper then MSRP.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
This is absolutely essential for anyone wondering when Season 5 arrives.

I was linked to it here, by the way.

SpecialF
Dec 14, 2004

`You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'
Just to piss off all you s5 hunters - Tesco in Portsmouth [UK) had put them out early AND because they didn't scan through their tills yet, they used a s3 barcode instead which was reduced by 1/3.
We now have the entire set for ~£21 when it should be £32. Tesco did something right for a change!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I saw s5s in my local Sainsburys, is there a guide to ID-ing them this time, or is it all touch alone? I want a Sherlock!