Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

Discount Viscount posted:

Got a platform for this? That may help. I assume PC.

yeah, it was a computer game. It was a kids' game, and had some cartoony animation. There was a secret one time where this guy came up and talked to you, and he was a cartoon man so he had a caricature-like face, but his cheekbones were really elongated to the side and his skin was stretched taut. It was pretty scary looking to kid me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Neo Rasa posted:

This sounds very much like Goldfields.

Awesome, this is exactly it :3: I found a screenshot and the map is exactly how I remember it. Thanks Neo Rasa!!

LordAndrew
Jul 13, 2009

Walking death machine equipped with the knowledge of Nuclear.
I'm trying to recall an action-adventure game of sorts for the PS1. My memories are faint but I think you played as a cat? I remember there also being a pirate-themed level and like, a bar or something? Not really much to go off of, sorry. :smith: Been like a decade since I played it.

Actually it may have been a fox. Hrm.

LordAndrew fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 12, 2011

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

LordAndrew posted:

I'm trying to recall an action-adventure game of sorts for the PS1. My memories are faint but I think you played as a cat? I remember there also being a pirate-themed level and like, a bar or something? Not really much to go off of, sorry. :smith: Been like a decade since I played it.

Was it Claw?

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

LordAndrew posted:

Sly Cooper? I always hesitate to suggest reasonably well-known games, but Sly 3 had a pirate level (though was on PS2).

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

LordAndrew posted:

Kingsley's Adventure?

LordAndrew
Jul 13, 2009

Walking death machine equipped with the knowledge of Nuclear.

Pablo Gigante posted:

Kingsley's Adventure?

Aha, Kingsley's Adventure. That's definitely it! Thank you. :)

Baka Ronnie
Jun 20, 2009

Mazurek Dabrowskiego
Hey friends. I'm trying to remember a game from about ~10 years ago that I -think- was for the computer. It was a sidescroller/platformer of sorts, you played as a young boy whose Girlfriend (or sister. I don't really remember) was kidnapped and you go through a castle to save her, having to get obstacles and stuff by transforming into different animals like, iirc, a frog. It also had, if I remember right, a rather sinister art direction to it. One of the things that come to mind was a jump that had some sort of creepy eye thing at the bottom and it would try to kill you! It's only a hazy description but it's really all I can remember, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Micr0chiP
Mar 17, 2007
Im trying to remember the name of a game that i played on a friends computer not to long ago (2/3 years) were you have some turrets and you have to build a energy grid to power them and blast "water".
You could lift the turrets and you had a city named Odin from were the energy came from.
This is getting me crazy because its not that long ago, anyone knows what im talking about ?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I remember a game from late EGA-early VGA age: a platformer where to activate switches/puzzles/platforms you had to answer history trivia etc. It had civilization-themed episodes (Egyptian, Asian, etc.). Anyone know the title?

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Aug 14, 2011

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Micr0chiP posted:

Im trying to remember the name of a game that i played on a friends computer not to long ago (2/3 years) were you have some turrets and you have to build a energy grid to power them and blast "water".
You could lift the turrets and you had a city named Odin from were the energy came from.
This is getting me crazy because its not that long ago, anyone knows what im talking about ?

Was it 3D and did it have deformable terrain? I think it even had a sequel I just can't think of it off the top of my head.

Micr0chiP
Mar 17, 2007

al-azad posted:

Was it 3D and did it have deformable terrain? I think it even had a sequel I just can't think of it off the top of my head.

It is a top down simple graphics game almost flash like ... now that i think of it i think that it was made in flash, but not played in flash player or in a browser.
You had normal turrets, mortars and some that made bombers (called drones).

EDIT: Found it after some searching, its Creeper world.

Micr0chiP fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 14, 2011

aliasedman
Aug 14, 2011

I'm looking for a game I played at school in 3rd grade around 1995, although I'm sure it was made quite a few years before that. It was for the Apple II (or some variant, I don't remember what exact models we had in the computer labs). I could have sworn it was published by MECC, but I can't find it on any lists of games they made.

In this game, you'd start out each time at the bottom of a dark cave. The objective was to string a working electrical circuit of lights up to the exit. If you tried putting too many lights on one battery, or mixed parallel/series circuits, sections would dim or go out completely. After you made it to the exit, it would show you a screen where you were looking out into another cavern and there was items you could pickup, some of it being useful for later levels like a boombox to scare away bats (I think?) or a skateboard. That's about all I can remember.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

aliasedman posted:

I'm looking for a game I played at school in 3rd grade around 1995, although I'm sure it was made quite a few years before that. It was for the Apple II (or some variant, I don't remember what exact models we had in the computer labs). I could have sworn it was published by MECC, but I can't find it on any lists of games they made.

In this game, you'd start out each time at the bottom of a dark cave. The objective was to string a working electrical circuit of lights up to the exit. If you tried putting too many lights on one battery, or mixed parallel/series circuits, sections would dim or go out completely. After you made it to the exit, it would show you a screen where you were looking out into another cavern and there was items you could pickup, some of it being useful for later levels like a boombox to scare away bats (I think?) or a skateboard. That's about all I can remember.

Are you thinking of Rocky's Boots? I used to play that on the Apple ][ as a kid.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I remember hearing a game described as the successor to System Shock 2. It was not Bioshock nor Portal, I believe it was an older game.
Anyone know what it might be? I want to think Marathon Infinity but I'm positive that isn't it.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Two Finger posted:

I remember hearing a game described as the successor to System Shock 2. It was not Bioshock nor Portal, I believe it was an older game.
Anyone know what it might be? I want to think Marathon Infinity but I'm positive that isn't it.

Thief or Deus Ex? Strife was an older title that utilized many of the hub world adventure aspects shared by Deus Ex.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Pierzak posted:

I remember a game from late EGA-early VGA age: a platformer where to activate switches/puzzles/platforms you had to answer history trivia etc. It had civilization-themed episodes (Egyptian, Asian, etc.). Anyone know the title?

Sounds like it could be that proto-Super Solvers game. Challenge of the Ancient Empires, I think it was called.

These Loving Eyes
Jun 6, 2009
Trying to help a friend out so here are the details:

- an over-the-top hunting game for PC
- FPS and in 3D
- he played it somewhere around 2000 or so
- you had a ridiculous arsenal (e.g. a minigun)
- the game consisted of deer, bears and maybe rabbits
- distinctive feature: you collected the blood of the animals
- could've been shareware, probably not a big title

Anyone have any idea what this could be?

And here's my own which I've posted two times before with no luck at all:

- a really early PS1 futuristic racing game
- the cover art had a red lamborghinish car that either had mounted laser or machine guns
- in the game, you raced across roads in space
- you could fire rockets and lasers at the other racers
- I think the view was locked to the bonnet of the car so that you couldn't actually see your own vehicle, steering wheel or anything
- distinctive feature: you couldn't reverse nor drive the track the wrong way - if you did a 180 degree turn, the game would automatically turn you the right way again
- the game was total crap but I still want to know what the hell it was.

boner meter
Apr 27, 2006
I AM A SMUG ASSHOLE WHO BELIEVES IN RACIST PROPAGANDA. I DESERVE ONLY RIDICULE.

These Loving Eyes posted:

- FPS and in 3D

Carnivores 2.?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnivores_2
I remember it from the first issue if PCG I bought :)

e. ARGH it's not that, but I know exactly which game you are talking about. This is killing me.

boner meter fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 15, 2011

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

- FPS and in 3D

And here's my own which I've posted two times before with no luck at all:

- the cover art had a red lamborghinish car that either had mounted laser or machine guns
- I think the view was locked to the bonnet of the car so that you couldn't actually see your own vehicle, steering wheel or anything
- distinctive feature: you couldn't reverse nor drive the track the wrong way - if you did a 180 degree turn, the game would automatically turn you the right way again
This wasn't Crime Killer from before?

These Loving Eyes
Jun 6, 2009

duckfarts posted:

This wasn't Crime Killer from before?

Nope, the game I'm talking about is a lot shittier. It's just dull racing on space roads without any specific purpose.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Two Finger posted:

It's definitely not Strife, Marathon Infinity, or Thief, as all of those came out before System Shock 2.

It might be Deus Ex. Knowing more about the actual game would help.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Red Asphalt aka Rock 'n' Roll Racing II?

These Loving Eyes
Jun 6, 2009

Pablo Gigante posted:

Red Asphalt aka Rock 'n' Roll Racing II?

It wasn't this either. I bought it along with Project Overkill so it could've been a near-launch title. I've tried looking at some game listings from the early years of the PS1 with no luck so far. Space roads and the inablity to drive the track backwards are probably the strongest leads.

These Loving Eyes fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 15, 2011

The Entity
Apr 16, 2009

I still see the X

Cyberspeed?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

organburner posted:

Might as well try this again.

PC game from quake1-quake2 era (at least graphics wise), might have been a demo, may have been nothing but a dream but still, this is what I remember (I think the one I played was a demo though) The game was a futuristic, maybe even post apocalyptic FPS with vehicles.
You start in a city that looks almost completely abandoned, and more or less the first thing I noticed was that you didn't use the arrow keys to move, which confused the hell out of me. WASD was a foreign concept for me at the time. Anyway, the first thing you see is a car of some sort, I think it was like a futuristic 4x4 vehicle with some cannon on the front. I don't remember you having any other weapons except the vehicles.
So you get into this car and blow up enemy cars I think, while driving around the city for some reason (I didn't know any English or at least not enough to understand what I was doing in most games) and if you try to drive too far out of the city there's some big-rear end robots/mechs that will blow you up. Also around the city are similar looking robots/mechs hanging upside down (These are dead/destroyed, by the way), presumably from another faction than the ones that kill you.
I don't know if you could actually use a mech yourself, I never found a empty one and it seemed to be impossible to kill them as well. I do remember finding a strange helicopter-like VTOL thing though, and you could fly around in that.

As I said this game might not actually exist and be something I made up entirely, but the images in my head were so real I don't even know anymore. I specifically remember the upside down mechs/robots hanging from the poles.

I think you might be mixing poo poo up but my best guesses are either:

1. Redline: http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/redline

2. Wild Metal Country: http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/wild-metal-country

Mechanigma
Apr 17, 2007

ur already ded

Colour posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of a mid to late 90s point-and-click PC game. As far as I remember, it took place in your dreams in a really dark looking town. Among the places you could go in the town were a bar with a rough looking pig bartender, a harbor, an alley in front of a flower shop (where you had to break the window to get some item), and a sewer. I think after you exited the sewer you entered a new world that was brightly colored, unlike the previous one. Within this new world, I also remember having to interact with a petrified bat inside of a church, for some reason. I'd be surprised if anyone remembers this game.

Wow, I can't believe I know the answer to one of these... The game is called Dare to Dream!

These Loving Eyes
Jun 6, 2009

The Entity posted:

Cyberspeed?

Sadly, it isn't this either. :(

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Ok, it's entirely possible that this game exists only in my fevered imagination and garbled memories of childhood, but here goes.

I'm looking for a game involving cybernetic implants. It's not Deus Ex, either System Shock, or Iji. I want to say that it's a brawler or 2d sidescroller, with a heavy melee component; my main memory is leg upgrades to run wicked fast.

Is this an actual game that exists, or am I just crazy?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

ToxicFrog posted:

Ok, it's entirely possible that this game exists only in my fevered imagination and garbled memories of childhood, but here goes.

I'm looking for a game involving cybernetic implants. It's not Deus Ex, either System Shock, or Iji. I want to say that it's a brawler or 2d sidescroller, with a heavy melee component; my main memory is leg upgrades to run wicked fast.

Shadowrun? It was top down, but you could get cybernetic implants.

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

ToxicFrog posted:

It's neither a brawler or a 2D sidescroller, but Syndicate had gradual cybernetic upgrades. With Legs L3 and full adrenaline you could almost outrun a bullet*.

*note: you couldn't outrun a bullet. But you could get beside someone and Persuadertron them before they even knew you were there.

dregan fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 24, 2011

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

ToxicFrog posted:

No melee here, but Abuse? Crazyfast cyberlegs featured at ~1:20.

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

ToxicFrog posted:

Hybrid Heaven for the N64?

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind.

Jesto fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Sep 12, 2014

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That's Rygar

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind.

Jesto fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Sep 12, 2014

Rue
Apr 12, 2007
I've got two oldie arcade games I can't identify.

First was from mid 90's, used two joysticks and you played a pair of disembodied hands that went into people's houses and were an exterminator. You would splat/smack bugs with your hands or occasionally shoot lasers I believe from your fingers.

Second was from late 80's or early 90's and was from Capcom I believe. All I can really remember was it was a side-scrolling fantasy platforming game, and it wasn't Ghosts and Goblins. I never got to play it, but I would watch the demo play over and over at our local Pizza Hut before they traded it for a jukebox.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Rue posted:

Second was from late 80's or early 90's and was from Capcom I believe. All I can really remember was it was a side-scrolling fantasy platforming game, and it wasn't Ghosts and Goblins. I never got to play it, but I would watch the demo play over and over at our local Pizza Hut before they traded it for a jukebox.

Magic Sword, maybe?

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Rue posted:

I've got two oldie arcade games I can't identify.

First was from mid 90's, used two joysticks and you played a pair of disembodied hands that went into people's houses and were an exterminator. You would splat/smack bugs with your hands or occasionally shoot lasers I believe from your fingers.

That was called Exterminator, appropriately enough. I can only find a video of the Spectrum conversion, but it should be enough to confirm that it is what you are looking for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VtwDaVybEU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

Magic Sword, maybe?

If not Magic Sword than Black Tiger, one of Capcom's most metal games.