Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Does anybody have a guide, or would be willing to explain how I would go about exporting a hair mesh? I want to make some of my own and I figured it'd be helpful to see how Obsidian/Bethesda have the default hairs made/use them as a base.

EDIT: Never mind, I just realized FOMM has a BSA browser. Neat.

Proletarian Mango fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheris
Apr 4, 2009

Kharmakazy posted:

Is there a mod that will give me a gun or something to manipulate NPC's? Like.. permanently freeze them in place, or pose them or some such?

I mean.. since the mannequins don't work... I just spawned Elijah. Toggled His ai and combat ai... then removed all his gear and added a dead money jumpsuit and a bomb collar.

It would be cool if you could make him do things thouogh. I can't even seem to make him stop being angry. If I turn any of his ai on he steals the nearest weapon whether or not he can actually weild it and starts shooting. I set all his specials down to 1. and his carryweight is 1... Jesus, calm down man.

It won't freeze him in place, but if you open the console and click on Elijah, then type addtofaction 1B2A4 0 and stopcombat, he'll be set as friendly to you.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

There's that Groovatron mod as well. It lets you freeze NPC's, access their inventory, and make them dance.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Nevets posted:

I'm certain there is a mod somewhere that lets you screw with NPC's, but I'm guessing its targeted more towards the young, female NPC's. Have fun wading through that part of the nexus.
You used that phrasing on purpose, didn't you?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I really need to stop looking at the nexus homepage whenever I load it.

:nws: Thank you so much for putting latest images on your homepage. :nws:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

fennesz posted:

I really need to stop looking at the nexus homepage whenever I load it.

:nws: Thank you so much for putting latest images on your homepage. :nws:

I don't see how that is NWS. Fully dressed person sliding on a pole.

In other news.. I need to have the groovetron.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Kharmakazy posted:

I don't see how that is NWS. Fully dressed person sliding on a pole.

In other news.. I need to have the groovetron.

Are you telling me you'd be fine with your boss looking over your shoulder as that image loads up? We've apparently got very different standards of normal.

e: Actually, does anyone happen to know the path for weapon sounds? I have CRL9000 installed and it'd be kind of nice if I just rename a few folders and .wav files so I can apply This Machine's firing sounds to the Survivalist's Rifle.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 16, 2011

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Anybody else found the Stinger from (I think) AG Uniques? It's a 9MM pistol that's full auto. You put a 9mm Submachine gun bolt and 9mm Pistol Expanded Mags mods on it and it becomes a monster that can empty it's 33 round magazine in just under 2 seconds. Plus, it uses crap ammo you'd never use for anything else after you get some 5.56 or 44 mag weapons, so you don't feel like you've wasted that much after you unload half a mag into a fiend.

Location: Mesquite Crater, in the house under the bed on the second floor.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

fennesz posted:

Are you telling me you'd be fine with your boss looking over your shoulder as that image loads up?

We've apparently got very different standards of normal.

It's .. a fully clothed (man?) sliding down a pole. It's odd, but if odd poo poo were NWS every thread would be filled with those tags.

But then.. NWS is defined pretty loosely in practice. I would consider blowing a persons brains out less NWS than the same guy sliding down a pole. End of aside.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Nevets posted:

Anybody else found the Stinger from (I think) AG Uniques? It's a 9MM pistol that's full auto. You put a 9mm Submachine gun bolt and 9mm Pistol Expanded Mags mods on it and it becomes a monster that can empty it's 33 round magazine in just under 2 seconds. Plus, it uses crap ammo you'd never use for anything else after you get some 5.56 or 44 mag weapons, so you don't feel like you've wasted that much after you unload half a mag into a fiend.

Location: Mesquite Crater, in the house under the bed on the second floor.
Yeah, it's from AG and it's a little beast of a gun. Incredibly light too, less than a pound I think. It's a great secondary weapon if you're using a really heavy, high-power, low DPS gun as a main like the anti-materiel.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Speaking of AG:

1) Holy poo poo does the safari rifle own.
2) HOLY poo poo THUNDAH. HOLY. poo poo.

drat I love this mod :toot:

E:

I think I asked this once before, but is there a mod that improves the textures/meshes of ejected brass/shotgun hulls?

Beeb fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Aug 16, 2011

Vitriol
Mar 11, 2001

Phhhhhtttttt!

Capn Beeb posted:

Speaking of AG:
HOLY poo poo THUNDAH. HOLY. poo poo.
100% in agreement with this statement.

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:
Is there a mod/program that will let me edit my character?

I want to remove some perks and add some.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

MounerKT posted:

Cheat Terminal can do that:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35358

Vitriol
Mar 11, 2001

Phhhhhtttttt!

MounerKT posted:

Cheat Terminal looks like it will meet your needs

edit: haha

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:
Well thanks to that I'm pretty much unstoppable. (Every Perk/Skills/levels)

So Is there a mod which makes the game REALLY hard?

Not like hardcore, but makes enemy's massively stronger and more hp.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

MounerKT posted:

Well thanks to that I'm pretty much unstoppable. (Every Perk/Skills/levels)

Not like hardcore, but makes enemy's massively stronger and more hp.

Creatures Give You Hell and Rise of the Machines. Then, put the game on "Very Hard."

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

I've used this before:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35825

It's pretty good and not that bad as far as sexually suggestive idles go, plus it gives you tons of pose options.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
What's AG?

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

MounerKT posted:

Hard enough to be a challenge to even the most comically-tweaked character? AWOP :P

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

ParagonParadox27 posted:

What's AG?
AG Supplementary Uniques. It's pretty great.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

Horns posted:

AG Supplementary Uniques. It's pretty great.

Won over by screenies; downloading.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Does anyone happen to have the old Japanese Menace mod for Fallout 3 handy? I'd like to use some of the assets from it (namely, the 25mm Autocannon) in New Vegas but it's been removed from Nexus and brothershogo banned, probably for posting a neat mod.

As I recall the 25mm Autocannon was also offered as a separate download.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Aug 16, 2011

Vitriol
Mar 11, 2001

Phhhhhtttttt!
even with AG supplemental uniques, the best weapon in the game remains..

Craig Boone.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What were the name of the songs that Fallout New Vegas have quests named after them, but don't include the actual song on the radio? Need to know so I can add them with the New Vegas Radio Extended mod.

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

Omnicarus posted:

It is really close to being released I'm shooting for late tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. I've got the quest for the place done and now it is just finishing up a few little features, writing in a few messages for the backstory notes, and making sure that it doesn't completely gently caress up any other major mods.

I know it is super late compared to when I wanted to have it released two weeks ago, but for what its worth it I think it is of significantly better quality now than it was a week ago.

Awesome, looking forward to it, any new screen shots you can share?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Rirse posted:

What were the name of the songs that Fallout New Vegas have quests named after them, but don't include the actual song on the radio? Need to know so I can add them with the New Vegas Radio Extended mod.

There's a mod that does that for you, Secret Stash

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Rirse posted:

If you want to go through the list and compare them yourself:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Fallout:_New_Vegas_songs

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_quests

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Alasyre posted:

Does anyone happen to have the old Japanese Menace mod for Fallout 3 handy? I'd like to use some of the assets from it (namely, the 25mm Autocannon) in New Vegas but it's been removed from Nexus and brothershogo banned, probably for posting a neat mod.

As I recall the 25mm Autocannon was also offered as a separate download.

AFAIK he ragequit and got banned for being a shitbag about it. His weapons are in The Armory as a result.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Retrograde posted:

Awesome, looking forward to it, any new screen shots you can share?

Sure thing. The hideout itself is done I'm just writing backstory now so this will be what you get unless I go back and add a few more bits of clutter here or there.

The Outside area and location on map:

I'm hoping to make this a little better as time goes on. But it works really well for now.

he entrance from cave to hideout proper. This is just a door, it doesn't actually have a loading screen. The entire hideout has one loading screen and thats from the outside world to the inside. Otherwise not much here, mostly clutter though I suppose you could put stuff in the bathtub if you really wanted. There is a rockslide at the beginning of the cave(about 5 feet behind the character in this shot) that you have to clear, but I'd rather not spoil the 8 minute long miniquest you have to do to get access to the place.

The First area. The door leads directly into the cave pictured above.

Bookshelves, jukebox on the far side of the room. The medical area has can sort stuff into three of the four boxes (Medicines, chems, poisons. I don't see why you need a box for every item. That just means you have to go to 5+ boxes just to get ready to leave. The last box is for other stuff that you want to put in the medical area.) Also the surgical cart allows you to perform surgery on yourself provided you pass a pretty forgiving medicine skill check. That empty space by the leftmost door will be where a Sierra Madre machine will appear once you finish DM if you get the DLC-support pack I'm releasing separately. The second shot is a closeup of the bookshelves with stuff on them. Will stock and store magazines, books, and all varieties of Prewar books. In an attempt to not stomp on the the OWB use of prewar books, the shelf only stocks small quantities of books. I think to stock the entire shelf you only need 7% of the entire number of prewar books placed in the game. House's Penthouse alone furnishes most of the shelves with much to spare.

The Bedroom/Kitchen. This is actually in the same room as the pictures above, just behind a few cloth draps. The entire area quite small, 10 squares to be exact. In comparison, the Underground Hideout's living area is ~43 squares.

The Beds will give a well rested bonus like other player homes so new characters don't have to wait until NoVac to be able to get that. The steel chest and duffel bag are miscellaneous storage.

The kitchen stocks food into the refrigerator and water into that big crate under the clock(Seen in the other picture). Again I don't know why you'd want a box for ever individual item. I put water into a separate crate so you could easily hit Take All. Also there is a lot spare room here for whatever poo poo you want to put. The counters will stock most drinks. Food you have to put there on your own but I figured that everyone would rather decorate according to what they had rather than scour the wasteland for another pack of gum to make their counters look complete.

The bathroom. I spent way too much time putting graffiti on the bathroom stalls. Otherwise this room has nothing important in it. A few boxes for stuff you don't want to put elsewhere.

The Other Room

The door leads back into the living area. The Mannequins can equip pretty much any weapon or armor in the game. You get 3 males and 3 females. In the second shot you see the Weapon Walls and display tables. Honestly I hate the weapon walls and I want to redo them in a more interesting fashion once I get the core and DLC mod released. It looks a little too clean compared to the rest of the place. Nothing actually sorts to the tables but you can put stuff on them. Like this.

Anways down in that hole there is an ammo dump.

Ammo gets sorted into one of four containers(Bullets, energy weapons, thrown weapons/mines/grenades, heavy weapon ammo) and you can put it on the shelves if you want. Also there is a crafting table, a reloading table, a machine that I want to eventually do something with(I want to make a component press that can turn weapons into scrap and scrap into casings, primers, etc. But that is for another day and another version)

Also in that shot you can see the power management terminal. Here is a closeup of the terminal and the beginning of what is sure to be everyone's favorite quest in the game:

This is the entirety of the power management quest. Though it does have an INT check so if you're really stupid you pretty much go "Waaaah! Get them whurrin' bits away from me!" and pass out.

Edit: Also despite running some rather large scripts and having quite a few items, this place runs incredibly well and has only one loading screen to boot. I have a lower end rig and so far I haven't even had a hiccup in all of the testing that I've done. This project has taught me that quite a few housing modders take a shortcut that absolutely kills performance and apparently either don't know it or don't care.

Omnicarus fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Aug 16, 2011

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Omnicarus posted:

Edit: Also despite running some rather large scripts and having quite a few items, this place runs incredibly well and has only one loading screen to boot. I have a lower end rig and so far I haven't even had a hiccup in all of the testing that I've done. This project has taught me that quite a few housing modders take a shortcut that absolutely kills performance and apparently either don't know it or don't care.

Room bounds? They're awesome and pretty quick to implement, so I agree I don't understand why more people don't use them. What's not awesome is the bullshit GECK not rendering stuff in them properly :argh: (yes I know about GECK Powerup, thats a hassle however).

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Does anyone know a scripting method to force a player to become a race, perchance?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Elliotw2 posted:

There's a mod that does that for you, Secret Stash

Thank you. Using the bunk file renamer, I just added all those songs with the "More Where That Come From" songs. Now to add the Bioshock songs that play on the radios and loading screens and everything will be complete.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Mr. Crow posted:

Room bounds? They're awesome and pretty quick to implement, so I agree I don't understand why more people don't use them. What's not awesome is the bullshit GECK not rendering stuff in them properly :argh: (yes I know about GECK Powerup, thats a hassle however).

Roombounds too( Though it is kind of fun. Some mods literally have several dozen of switches existing and being rendered out in the aether). Specifically though I am referring to locking items into place but not editing the mesh to be a static object. Some housing mods have tons of ammo, helmets, etc that appear as static items but the meshes still process like a movable object. All it takes is going into Nifskope and editing four settings and you end up with an unpacked mesh that loads much quicker and runs better too.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
So when the Armory's final version is the leveled list going to be more... complete? I only remember ever seeing a bunch of different types of SMGs like the Tek-9, Skorpion etc, and the FN FNC.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Vitriol posted:

even with AG supplemental uniques, the best weapon in the game remains..

Craig Boone.

I swear he had a buff in a patch since the last time I played with him, he couldn't hit a drat thing :raise:

E:

Omnicarus posted:

Sure thing. The hideout itself is done I'm just writing backstory now so this will be what you get unless I go back and add a few more bits of clutter here or there.

Yaaay stockable shelves :toot:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Aug 16, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Brace posted:

So when the Armory's final version is the leveled list going to be more... complete? I only remember ever seeing a bunch of different types of SMGs like the Tek-9, Skorpion etc, and the FN FNC.

Roughly 35% of the pack is in the leveled lists which doesn't sound like a lot but that's about 100 weapons. A lot of weapons don't start appearing until the later stages of the game. As for the future, that's AS's area of discussion.

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
I wish it was possible for enemies to drop weapon mods or to find them in loot containers.

I'm too much of a hoarder to buy things :(

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ETPC posted:

I wish it was possible for enemies to drop weapon mods or to find them in loot containers.

Just get to the end of Dead Money and blow off Ejiah's arm and then stuff his corpse full of gold bars and then drag his arm to the exit and loot it. There, no money problems ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

ETPC posted:

Does nobody actually search the nexus anymore?

Weapon Mod Looting