Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Talkie Toaster posted:

In the old mod he had this Laser Katana as well, but that's all I know of, weapon-wise. Other than that there were all the armours.

That's like a laser warhammer. Which is awesome. I'd add it and that plasma thing if we can get the files if only so we don't lose them to nothingness.

edit: sign up for dropbox for uploads. It's handy for a lot of things and doesn't require people to view ads and poo poo. Otherwise mediafire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.

As Hilarious/ terrifying this is, it does pose the question: Are there any good mods for changing you dudes/dudettes body? It would be pretty cool to be a hulking brute instead of the same average size that you always have, but I sure as poo poo ain't searching "bodies" on nexus. Anyone know of anything?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Robert's body + Geonox Hero race for men; Type 3 + PoliceAutomaton's head mesh that he's going to show off any minute now for women.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hellbunny posted:

As Hilarious/ terrifying this is, it does pose the question: Are there any good mods for changing you dudes/dudettes body? It would be pretty cool to be a hulking brute instead of the same average size that you always have, but I sure as poo poo ain't searching "bodies" on nexus. Anyone know of anything?

Most of the body replacers I know are the creepy nude ones, and they tend to replace every NPC as well. What you would need to do for a unique player character is create a custom race that uses the body replacer mesh (renamed to something so that it won't get picked up for everybody by archive invalidation). This is also how you can give your character tattoos without sharing them with everyone else in the wasteland.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
The Type 3 mod for women has options to set for nudity and cup size, so the complaints people have about it for giant breasticles and nude bodies is merely their own incompetence at using the FOMOD I guess? I'm not sure about the Robert's Body. I hesitate to use it mostly because armor support for it is far less than Type 3.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Naky posted:

That's like a laser warhammer. Which is awesome. I'd add it and that plasma thing if we can get the files if only so we don't lose them to nothingness.

edit: sign up for dropbox for uploads. It's handy for a lot of things and doesn't require people to view ads and poo poo. Otherwise mediafire?
Yeah, I'd renamed it to Beam Hammer but figured using the original name would make it easier to recognise if you'd already got one.
W.r.t. the plasma thing, original was included but not implemented in the version I got, so I made a plasma flame nif for it I can upload.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Naky posted:

The Type 3 mod for women has options to set for nudity and cup size, so the complaints people have about it for giant breasticles and nude bodies is merely their own incompetence at using the FOMOD I guess? I'm not sure about the Robert's Body. I hesitate to use it mostly because armor support for it is far less than Type 3.

Doesn't it only have underwear for certain cup sizes? Or was that the Oblivion body mod?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I brought over Head06 from Oblivion and was told to post this:

(this is a random face)

If there's any interest in it, I'll clean it up somewhat, and provide the guide&download. It's sadly not as straightforward to use in game, that's why I want to gauge the interest beforehand.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Ohhhh yes, very much so.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Doesn't it only have underwear for certain cup sizes? Or was that the Oblivion body mod?

AFAIK, it has underwear options for all sizes.

Talkie Toaster posted:

Yeah, I'd renamed it to Beam Hammer but figured using the original name would make it easier to recognise if you'd already got one.
W.r.t. the plasma thing, original was included but not implemented in the version I got, so I made a plasma flame nif for it I can upload.

Sure, that'd save me a lot of time.

Naky fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 17, 2011

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Police Automaton posted:

I brought over Head06 from Oblivion and was told to post this:

(this is a random face)

If there's any interest in it, I'll clean it up somewhat, and provide the guide&download. It's sadly not as straightforward to use in game, that's why I want to gauge the interest beforehand.

I'd love this personally.

InvisibleHand
Aug 23, 2009
Nap Ghost
I haven't been keeping up with the goings on of New Vegas mods but can someone tell me why the "Warlord of the Wastes" armor was taken off the nexus (and where I can find it again), and what is/where can I get the latest version of DarnUI as it seems he stopped making making new topics for it on the Bethsoft forums.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Naky posted:

Sure, that'd save me a lot of time.
Right, should be here. The new MPS addon needs putting in at index 40, but it should be fine to renumber if you're using that one already.
E: The paths are kind of stupid as I store textures in the mesh folder if there's not many of them.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mr. Crow posted:

Did somebody say Nexus?

http://i56.tinypic.com/2v121di.jpg

Is that Solid Snake in the bottom right?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Mr. Crow posted:

Did somebody say Nexus?

http://i56.tinypic.com/2v121di.jpg

I just realized that standing soldier person is getting stabbed in the groin by raise-the-roof girl's giant katana. Then again, the person that posted that image probably wanted it that way. :gonk:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
In further "AG Supplementary loving owns." news:

Gon' have me some fun :q:

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Unfortunately, I might be missing a lot of the textures for Japanese menace, especially with the armors. Not sure what the gently caress I downloaded since it was a long time ago, but I seriously doubt I deleted anything. I can still put together something if you're still interested, Naky.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

That short BAR is my favorite weapon of any mod or vanilla weapon in game. I just wish there was a mod for the BAR that gave it a pre-1942 Black Walnut stock. Also one of the FN prototype pistol grip BARs would be boss.

Edit: Something like this:

Omnicarus fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 17, 2011

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wonder if it's okay to post my 217 song version of "Radio New Vegas Extended". It combines the Fallout 3 music, the More Where This Is From, The Secret Stash, and Bioshock 1 & 2 music (old timely songs from those games) in one mega station.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

Rirse posted:

Wonder if it's okay to post my 217 song version of "Radio New Vegas Extended". It combines the Fallout 3 music, the More Where This Is From, The Secret Stash, and Bioshock 1 & 2 music (old timely songs from those games) in one mega station.

That sounds awesome.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Rirse posted:

I also would love this.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I'm guessing he'd need mod permission for the Bioshock music, assuming it isn't all public domain.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I'm guessing he'd need mod permission for the Bioshock music, assuming it isn't all public domain.

They are pretty much public domain. I will post the link to my dropbox when it's done uploading.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
What's the verdict on Powered Power Armor?

And did anyone ever do anything with the new C-Finder scripts to make true orbital attack weapons? I'd love something that would call down a nuke or something. Seemed like it had sweet potential.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Aug 17, 2011

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Rirse posted:

They are pretty much public domain. I will post the link to my dropbox when it's done uploading.

In that case, bring it the gently caress on.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Alasyre posted:

Unfortunately, I might be missing a lot of the textures for Japanese menace, especially with the armors. Not sure what the gently caress I downloaded since it was a long time ago, but I seriously doubt I deleted anything. I can still put together something if you're still interested, Naky.

I only really want the weapon stuff, but post whatcha got anyway. Maybe we can piece together this mod for Talkie to port over too.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Groovitron is all hosed up. Doesn't work half the time at all and the images are all screwey.

I like the stasis cell/teleport thing. Makes me want to start my own superjail.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Having a weird time getting the Armory installed. First it gave me something about not finding directory and then it said 'c# failed to compile'. Extracting and trying to manual install now.
Have had no problem with the 30 or so other mods that were either premade fomods or zips.

e: Seems to work ok like this.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Aug 17, 2011

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?
Uh ok, I'm about 3000 posts behind on this thread (about the time Dead Hearts came out) what big stuff have I missed?

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
For the life of me, I cannot keep this game from crashing every 10-15 minutes or so, or until the memory usage goes above ~1.4GB of memory.
I have NVSE installed along with the FNV4GB and am loading the game using the FNV4GB executable. ( The same crashes also happen if I load NVSE or the standard exe.)

I have MUMed my files via FNVedit, and checked for any glaring conflicts that would cause such an issue, but nothing jumps out at me.

Load order is as follows:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
IWS-Core.esm
More Perks.esm
More Perks for Companions.esm
More Perks for Dead Money.esm
More Perks for Honest Hearts.esm
More Perks for Old World Blues.esm
Military Explansion Program.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB Valence Extra.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Companion Teleport.esp
Wasteland Defense.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
NVDLC02 Extensions.esp
Continue After End.esp
OWB Valence Mask.esp
OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
More Perks Update.esp
More Perks for Companions Update.esp
More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp
More Perks for Honest Hearts Update.esp
More Perks for Old World Blues Update.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-AS-MedSpawns.esp
Better Binoculars High.esp
Comp_Idles_NV.esp
noautoaim.esp
Delay DLC - Dead Money.esp
Delay DLC - Honest Hearts.esp
Delay DLC - Old World Blues.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
WME - Dead Money.esm
WME - Honest Hearts.esm
WME - Old World Blues.esm
WME - Dead Money.esp
WME - Honest Hearts.esp
WME - Old World Blues.esp
WME - Dead Money Arenovalis Retex.esp
WME - Honest Hearts Arenovalis.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
Fellout.esp
friendofnightforfellout.esp
Unified Backpack Mod.esp

I have also added the NMC (medium) texture pack , as well as the Detailed Normals textures.

Am I missing something obvious or am I doomed to enjoying this game ~15 minutes at a time?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

TSBX posted:

For the life of me, I cannot keep this game from crashing every 10-15 minutes or so, or until the memory usage goes above ~1.4GB of memory.
I have NVSE installed along with the FNV4GB and am loading the game using the FNV4GB executable. ( The same crashes also happen if I load NVSE or the standard exe.)

I have MUMed my files via FNVedit, and checked for any glaring conflicts that would cause such an issue, but nothing jumps out at me.

Load order is as follows:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
IWS-Core.esm
More Perks.esm
More Perks for Companions.esm
More Perks for Dead Money.esm
More Perks for Honest Hearts.esm
More Perks for Old World Blues.esm
Military Explansion Program.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB Valence Extra.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Companion Teleport.esp
Wasteland Defense.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
NVDLC02 Extensions.esp
Continue After End.esp
OWB Valence Mask.esp
OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
More Perks Update.esp
More Perks for Companions Update.esp
More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp
More Perks for Honest Hearts Update.esp
More Perks for Old World Blues Update.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-AS-MedSpawns.esp
Better Binoculars High.esp
Comp_Idles_NV.esp
noautoaim.esp
Delay DLC - Dead Money.esp
Delay DLC - Honest Hearts.esp
Delay DLC - Old World Blues.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
WME - Dead Money.esm
WME - Honest Hearts.esm
WME - Old World Blues.esm
WME - Dead Money.esp
WME - Honest Hearts.esp
WME - Old World Blues.esp
WME - Dead Money Arenovalis Retex.esp
WME - Honest Hearts Arenovalis.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
Fellout.esp
friendofnightforfellout.esp
Unified Backpack Mod.esp

I have also added the NMC (medium) texture pack , as well as the Detailed Normals textures.

Am I missing something obvious or am I doomed to enjoying this game ~15 minutes at a time?

You shouldn't have detailed normals and NMC installed at the same time.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
You should probably have the WME .esm's up at the top of your load order with the other masters.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Horns posted:

You should probably have the WME .esm's up at the top of your load order with the other masters.

FOMM will always load esms first no matter where you actually place them in the load order (though they will load in the order they appear, so later esms will load after earlier ones).

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

TSBX posted:

Have you made any significant changes to your ini files? Nothing about your load order--including the Medium NMC textures and IWS modules--should be causing such regular CTDs, especially with 4GB allotted to the game. This may be a dumb question, but are you on a Vista / Windows 7 64-bit OS?

EDIT: Actually, does the game crash as regularly without any mods loaded?

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Aug 17, 2011

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Have you made any significant changes to your ini files? Nothing about your load order--including the Medium NMC textures and IWS modules--should be causing such regular CTDs, especially with 4GB allotted to the game. This may be a dumb question, but are you on a Vista / Windows 7 64-bit OS?

EDIT: Actually, does the game crash as regularly without any mods loaded?

I am running Windows7 Ultimate x64,however I did change the ini to load 8 grids at a time to allow for longer view using the binoculars. (Which in hindsight subsequently only allows for the same distance of view for regular sight or binoculars..)

It just seems strange that the CTD's only occur when I hit 1.4GB of memory usage on the process, as I am running an i5-760@ 2.80 quad with 8GB of memory with a Radeon 6850 1GB card, and a 2TB 7200rpm HDD...

After re-overwriting the Detailed Normal textures with the standard NMC's, I was able to play for about 30 minutes inside the Test Site by Novac with no issue, so it seems like it may in fact be the draw distance that throws a wrench into things, though, again, why it only CTD's on 1.4GB of memory usage+ seems pretty strange to me.

Also, I was only able to test a mod-free game long enough to roll a melee character, and then stalk the bighorners in Goodsprings with a straight razor stolen from the Doc.

It didn't crash, but Victor blew me up.

Thanks for your quick responses and valuable advice. Goon gamers are the best gamers.

EDIT:I should note, awesome OP!

TSBX fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Aug 17, 2011

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

The Cheshire Cat posted:

FOMM will always load esms first no matter where you actually place them in the load order (though they will load in the order they appear, so later esms will load after earlier ones).
Huh, I didn't know that. Learn something new everyday. :tipshat:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

TSBX posted:

I am running Windows7 Ultimate x64,however I did change the ini to load 8 grids at a time to allow for longer view using the binoculars. (Which in hindsight subsequently only allows for the same distance of view for regular sight or binoculars..)

It just seems strange that the CTD's only occur when I hit 1.4GB of memory usage on the process, as I am running an i5-760@ 2.80 quad with 8GB of memory with a Radeon 6850 1GB card, and a 2TB 7200rpm HDD...

After re-overwriting the Detailed Normal textures with the standard NMC's, I was able to play for about 30 minutes inside the Test Site by Novac with no issue, so it seems like it may in fact be the draw distance that throws a wrench into things, though, again, why it only CTD's on 1.4GB of memory usage+ seems pretty strange to me.

Also, I was only able to test a mod-free game long enough to roll a melee character, and then stalk the bighorners in Goodsprings with a straight razor stolen from the Doc.

It didn't crash, but Victor blew me up.

Thanks for your quick responses and valuable advice. Goon gamers are the best gamers.

EDIT:I should note, awesome OP!

Are you talking about the "uGridsToLoad" entry in your ini? That shouldn't be an even number. It may not be causing problems, but you'll probably want to change that to a 7 or a 9 (and probably a 7, if you're asking me.) Setting this value too high has been known to cause general instability since Fallout 3.

Glad you like the OP! :cheers:

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Heh. I was stubbornly determined to be able to see my Wasteland Defense fort (Which I built directly on the Nipton Road Pit Stop.) from the canyon ledges between it and the Mojave Outpost. I did such because the IWS mod adds patrols from the Legion as well as the Viper gangers almost directly on that spot, with NCR troopers patrolling nearby, and a plethora of ants and scorpions spawning on the dry lake as well... I like to see chaos that I don't have to cause sometimes.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Well, I just played through DEIMOS.

First of all, it's actually got good voice acting. Secondly, it's not some huge, overly sprawling thing. It's a concise little story that plays out pretty well. It has some good ideas, like fighting off waves of robots, etc. It's got good scripting. It's got a script that's both believable and canon-friendly. There's no animu poo poo.

The only problems I had with it was the actual quest design. It's a lot of "Go to the storage room! Go to the main building! GO BACK TO THE STORAGE ROOM! MAIN BUILDING! STORAGE! MAIN BUI--STORAGE!" I also thought the idea of [spoiler]time travel[/url] could've been used a lot better. Also, there's an escort quest which is either annoying or a just boring, depending on the weaponry you're using and how stupid the AI for the bot you're escorting wants to be.

All in all, though, it's pretty drat good if you're looking for a new quest mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cytokinesis
Aug 18, 2008

He sees the power of a god behind it. A power that has bested him!
I've been having a problem getting a mod to work, I've only installed one for my first run of the game, the Extended New Vegas Radio Generator. I downloaded the More Where That Came From music pack, and unzipped it into the right directories. I set the additional number of songs with ENVRG to 100, but when I play the game I still get the same 5 songs playing on infinite loop. Is there an additional step I need to do to get a better radio channel, or did I do something wrong?