Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I'm chilling drinking hawaiian punch listening to Kyuss and Clutch and I think I'll play Reach or Zelda or something. School starts soon so I'm not giving a gently caress for a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeremiah johnson
Nov 3, 2007
Yesterday I finally asked out the girl at work that I've been crushing on for months.
We ironed out the details today. So, tomorrow I'll be having my second date ever and the first one that wasn't a blind date set up by someone else. No matter how it goes I'll have passed a milestone.

Also, not particularly awesome but "awesome" is misspelled in the title.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
At work today, I was on the phone helping a lady remotely with a laptop software install and doing the usual chit-chat, waiting for it to finish. Sometimes when I'm waiting for stuff to finish or I'm bored and have a cup too many of coffee, I'll randomly start slap-drumming my stomach (and get weird looks from co-workers).

I happened to start up the belly drum solo while I'm talking to her, and hear her say "woohoo, someone's a rock star!" and she starts giggling, which sets me laughing once I realize she heard me in the background. Honestly didn't think the headset mic would pick it up, but I guess I was drumming with more energy and vigor than usual...made for a fun afternoon at least :)

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I moved into my college dorm today, and found out that my room mate isn't moving in until tomorrow! On top of that, the internet here is ridiculously fast, and I can download video games in less than an hour. Today has been the most awesome day in a while.

abortionfailure
Jun 29, 2006

perpetuatin the stereotype
I took a girl who I've been crushing on for about 5 or so years out to the zoo and ended up spending all day with her and her kid. Took her out to eat, went to the park and just kinda sat around talking about how we both liked each other but were both too scared to do anything about it.

Then, as I was leaving to come home, she grabbed me and kissed me. That was an hour ago, and I'm still grinning like an idiot.

gently caress YES LIFE RULES SO HARD RIGHT NOW

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
After a strict regiment of diet and exercise for the last couple months, I successfully lost 35 pounds! I'll take some time off and test my limits to see if I can just maintain this weight. In about a month or so I'll start back up again and make a push to lose 10 more pounds to reach 190 and then 180 pounds.

...Feels good to eat some bread again.

Sir Xiphos
Dec 11, 2008
IT SNOWED TODAY!!!!

I haven't seen snow in years so it was a pretty cool distraction during the last lecture of the day.

Miniature Moose
Mar 14, 2009
I got a ride home and was asked for my phone number from a cute guy at work. :)

I also got complimented by my coordinator and asked if I wanted to learn a new skill set, but that didn't make me nearly as happy.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
I'm have a pretty loving awesome day! :) I celebrated hearing back from a job about how I'm one step closer to being "hired" by going shopping and getting clothes that actually fit me now that I've lost so much weight. My housemates also left for a full week so I get a full 7 days of being able to play music late, getting to walk around in my underwear and not having to share the bathroom with anyone.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

My website has significantly taken off beyond anything I thought. (A gaming site for the local community in my region) and I've started getting a bunch of review copies and are making contacts left and right. Plus I have a day off tomorrow besides finishing up my Toy Soldiers Cold War review, my 3DS will be arriving here, and I'm going out with friends from work. :)

combee
Nov 17, 2007

it's the combee's knees!

combee has a new favorite as of 13:45 on Jul 23, 2013

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
My weekend was awesome for one reason:

College.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Today's pretty great because I'm all alone at work, and really all I need to worry about today is bugging vendors to get me what I need. I'll be driving around dropping off material/picking up finished items, and probably won't have to do much of anything else. The boss is camping so I'll be pretty much on my own for the next 2-3 days as well, with one other guy helping out for a couple days. My only concern is that I'll run out of internet to look at. :)

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Texting my sub. Ducassing a giant burger the proper way. Drinking a wonderful gimlet. Have the day off from kidney trouble that sent me to the er wednesday. Today is a good day. Oh also low dose oxy :)

also also I got the last cookie, and got hit on by an adorable girl in walmart. I loving swear I actually do look good.

e2: burgers do not benefit from Ducasse like steaks. This was expected, but it was amazingly tasty anyway. Oh, and at about an inch and a half tall patty it gets hard to eat a fully loaded burger. :/

SeaGoatSupreme has a new favorite as of 18:17 on Aug 15, 2011

Happyfacecrazy
Jul 30, 2010

Soft Kitty...
Warm Kitty...
Little Ball of Fur.
Happy Kitty...
Sleepy Kitty...
Purr, Purr, Purrr.
I managed to be ruthless and got rid of lots of clothes that I don't need but kept in my wardrobe just in case! Charity shop has them now and I feel good :D

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
I had my first college defining adventure today. After getting dragged into a conversation about anime and Magic the Gathering on the bus, I made two friends and we went out for pizza after this speech we went to. We then walked down-town and found passed out homeless people.

Then we went back to the dude's dorm and watched funny youtube videos. Pretty much the best night of my college experience so far.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

showbiz_liz posted:

I finished and submitted the freelance article that's been weighing on me for a week and a half... I'm not sure if it's as good as it could be, but either way it's done and I'm gonna get paid $750 for it, so ~whoop whoop~

So, two weeks ago I turned in that article, figured 'enh I'm not sure it was good enough but whatever, it's done.'

It was posted last week, and today my editor told me "That story’s been among the most read since we posted it. Well done!"

I can't believe it. I know it's only freelance but I actually feel like I'm on the road to being A Successful Adult With A Career, rather than An Unemployed Former Barista.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Girlfriend texted me a progress update on her marathon training/weight loss, which involved minimal clothing :pervert:
It also inspired me to go for a run myself, which means I've now run three of the past four days (pretty drat good for how busy I've been lately)
Then I got back and ate some of the delicious chili that's been brewing in my slow cooker today.

alfredthehobo
Apr 1, 2004
I'm sorry for being fat and stupid. Padams took pity on me.
I got a new job that pays double what I am making now and has a better title. Going from Research Technician to Research Scientist is pretty cool.

sandle tits
Jun 1, 2011

The Hatchet Man
Went to the dentist for a check up and had no cavities. I just had 8 filled last year because I had not been to the dentist in about 10 years like a idiot. Got myself on a much better dental hygiene program now. No soda and lots of flossing.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I spent the weekend visiting friends in Seoul, including one girl I have a massive crush on. And all the stress and annoyances about this country that have been building up over a year just fell totally away. So awesome.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
This little guy made my day today!

His name is James, he is 5 months old, he has the loudest purr I've ever heard, and he comes when you call his name!

Miniature Moose
Mar 14, 2009
The cute guy I had met on Sunday night broke the 3 day rule and texted me tonight during my lunch. :woop: We had a great conversation for a little more than a half an hour, until he decided to go to bed and I had to go back to work.

Good thing about working a night shift is that there aren't a lot of people around to see you do a little happy dance in your seat in the cafeteria.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
We finally got internet set up in our loving apartment.

God drat that took long enough.

Johnny Got His Gunt
Aug 19, 2008

I can't stop thinking about Dr. House's huge, throbbing...diagnostic skills.
Finally going to get an MRI for my crippling pinched nerve pain.

Also: Morphine.

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'
All the department managers at work have new uniforms, the lady-uniforms are really doing it for me.

I feel no shame at objectifying women i know are kind, intelligent and professional

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Johnny Got His Gunt posted:

Finally going to get an MRI for my crippling pinched nerve pain.

Also: Morphine.
:hfive: they finally got me on oxy for kidney pain.

Polite Tim posted:

All the department managers at work have new uniforms, the lady-uniforms are really doing it for me.

I feel no shame at objectifying women i know are kind, intelligent and professional
Honestly, as long as you can seperate your hornyasfuckness from how you treat the wonderful women in your department, I see no problem in appreciating the feminine form.

btw Life is going good, I do not go back to work till friday I plan on spending the entire time blitzed. Seeing the girlfriend tomorrow, she is getting blitzed with me.

blitzed.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
The tracking for a package I ordered on the internet updated this morning. The estimated delivery date changed from Aug. 22nd to Aug. 19th. :cool:

Tailwhoop
Oct 18, 2008

Luigi to Kobe's Mario.
I was given a guaranteed position at an Albertson's for the possible strike that may happen. I'm sorry everyone that may lose their job due to the strike, but I really need this. :( Don't hate me.

The Phantom Ghost
Feb 28, 2007

hold on what kind of fighting robot is he again
I had a job interview today that went fantastically, and I just scheduled a second date with a wonderful lady.

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Logged onto UCAS track to find out that my place at uni has officially been confirmed. First time in my life I've ever cried from being happy, thought I'd never make it to uni cos I hosed up college.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

My 80+-year-old grandmother, who is from far enough back in the sticks to have never used a credit card, VCR or a computer, went to Chik-fil-a and purchased me a gift card for my birthday. That may have been the first gift card she has ever bought.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

happyflurple posted:

Logged onto UCAS track to find out that my place at uni has officially been confirmed. First time in my life I've ever cried from being happy, thought I'd never make it to uni cos I hosed up college.

Great job happyflurple! Yeah, last year was my first year of college. I screwed up big time. This year is pretty much me reforming it all in hopes of getting into a university as well. Good luck with the big schools!

As for my day:
I added a wait-listed class with a wad of money in hand, but it turns out financial aid indeed kicked in and saved me ~130$. Now I can use that money for some other things :) And, I got emails back from my professors saying I can use year old edition books. So I just purchased a 10$ used Philosophy book that retails for 120$, and a 17$ American History book which retails for 65$.

All in all, around $320 dollars not spent after all. I'm really happy about not having to pay full price for those books...

Slake Fistcrunch
Feb 16, 2011

What size skull-dome do you wear?
I have a job interview on Monday! :woop:
The letter came this morning, and I'm still smiling. I wanted this job so badly when I applied for it, and I'd almost managed to convince myself that they'd passed me over.

Now I just have to manage not to screw up the interview.

Also, the headphones I ordered from Amazon turned up a day early. Today really can't get any better.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I'm doing amazingly great at my new job, everyone is quite pleased.

I'm eating a free New York steak cooked perfectly medium rare with a nice crusty outside with grilled asparagus and a baked potato courtesy of my job.

I have plans for happy hour at 5pm.

Oh, and it's sunny with blue skies.

I like today.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Saw one of my favorite Aussie bands last night. Realized that the youngest person at the show would have been 2 when their first album came out, but it didn't matter because everyone seemed to get into the music.

Also, woke up to an SMS from my girlfriend - she's unexpectedly coming over - and the smell of my mate cooking bacon for us.

Awesome day.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
I took a whole bunch of adderall!

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
I went on a date with the girl I currently have an interest in dating! Awesome doesn't describe how I feel right now.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Haven't exercised outside since high school (15 years), bought a bicycle last week, put almost 40 miles on it so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
My best friend finally had her baby. She's the last of my current close group of friends to have a child; with the exception of myself, that is.
I am now the unofficial uncle of five different children.

madpanda posted:

Haven't exercised outside since high school (15 years), bought a bicycle last week, put almost 40 miles on it so far.
That's awesome! Keep it up.
I've found that the best way to ensure compliance is to work it in as a necessity. For example: I live 3 miles from work, and work is 2 miles from a grocery store. If I bike to work, and then to the store for lunch, I have a built-in 10 miles per day, 5 days per week, without the option of lazying out. Of course, not everyone has such convenient distances to work with, but there are plenty of other ways. Like, make it a rule that any time you pick up some new music, you can only give it its inaugural listen while biking. Or make your grocery trips bike-only, buying only what you can fit in your backpack. Whatever works for you :)

Reset_Smith has a new favorite as of 22:36 on Aug 21, 2011