Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
FOMM has been compressing a FOMOD off the NMC medium pack for something like 30 minutes now. Hopefully my GPU (Nvidia GTX 260 896MB) is beefy enough to actually run the drat thing. :colbert:

E: It seems to be running fine. I don't really notice any FPS difference compared to the vanilla textures.

Smol fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Ok even if the interest isn't big I'll post the head:

The Hair is lings (which is needed for this, as the vanilla hairstyles dont line up with the head correctly, funnily enough Lings hairstyles line better up with this head than with the vanilla fallout heads because they were made for oblivion shaped heads) and the eyes are Ren's eyes which work better with shadows, I also included a bunch of eyecolors. The head is a modified Head06 for Oblivion and the texture is high imperial (which is an oblivion mod. In fact, one can replace the head texture with all oblivion replacement ones and they will fit) The ears are oblivion stock and not part of the headmesh, like the Fallout ones are. This is also the reason why this won't be on the Nexus. Even if I could get premission to up the parts of the mods I used, (which is basically all of them, I didn't do any of this on my own, I just made it fit) I could never get premission for the ears, and the Sperglords over at the Nexus live for pointing out stuff like that and I just don't wanna bother. I honestly doubt the Makers of Oblivion care. If they do, they should tell me and I'll remove the file.

There are a few Problems with this Head though:

- The Eyebrows don't change color with the hair color. There's texture work needed for that, as changing of the lineup of the fallout eyebrows. Sorry I can't be bothered to do this for the like three people who use this but it's certainly possible.

- Oblivion heads are positioned differently in Oblivon as they are in Fallout, they also have different necks. This head mesh got reworked to fit on default bodies in Fallout (not by me) but honestly it doesn't look very well. The neck is a little bizarrely long, the texture stretches and the neck seam is even worse than the default one. Luckly the designers that worked on the default fallout clothing and armors had the mind to cover up the neck in many cases because the vanilla heads suffer from the same problem to a lesser extend. Fixing this needs advanced modeling and texturing skills and some work on a propetary FaceGen fileformat with a hex editor. Only like three people in the whole gamebryo modding community seem to know how to do this and they never did anything for Fallout. So fixes won't happen.

- It renders wrongly in the GECK face preview (eyes and ears are misplaced) and the shadowing on the ears is all wrong in FaceGen ingame. I don't know why this happens but it doesn't happen in the game so it doesn't really matter.

Using the Headmesh
This one is pretty straightforward. It's it's own race. You just select "High Imperial" in character creation (or type showracemenu into the console and select it from there) and that's it. It's female only.

Creation of a Face
Because a bunch of sliders got removed in the face creation menu that were in Oblivion (and because the head somehow looks horrible in the facegen) it's not really possible to make a face in the creator. (I don't know why they felt the need to replace the perfectly fine face creator from Oblivion with the useless one in Fallout but there you go) The face can be done better in the GECK, as there are way more sliders. You don't NEED to but it's better. I've set up CGPresetHighImperialF01 - CGPresetHighImperialF05 NPCs, all you need to do is edit the faces of these NPCs in GECK, then select them as preset 1-5 in the character creator respectively. This has it's own pitfalls though:

- The GECK loves to crash when editing faces, so save often.

- The faces kinda look screwed up in the GECK face editing menu, as the eyes and ears are misplaced only here for reasons unknown.

- Never ever manipulate the Faces by directly clicking&dragging in the view. While this works it makes the GECK very very likely to crash and all edits that are applied this way don't seem to be applied correctly in game. So: Only use the sliders.

- Don't use the age slider, it might gently caress up the texture in game.

I'm not good at making faces but I still have a few tips:

- Use the asymetrical settings. Making the face a tiny little bit asymetric in places goes a long way in pushing it out of the uncanny valley for a bit.

- Avoid too extreme settings, even if they look fine in the GECK they won't look good in the game.

- Don't make all your edits while looking at the head from one direction, change perspective often.

- Check the head out a few times in full preview mode, as that's more close to how it would look like in the game.

Ok these were enough :words:, here's the mod:

Head06.7z - 14.63MB

Police Automaton fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 6, 2011

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
I like the head, it looks kinda like Carrie-Anne Moss. Is there any good preset mods out there for faces? Or are all post apocalyptic folks supposed to looks like inbred freaks?

Oh yeah, is there a way to change my face/appearance if I already got a game going? Or do I gotta start fresh to get a new face?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I have enjoyed no more hanging reloads and only the very infrequent CTD since I dropped Nevada Skies. Fellout doesn't do nearly what I want, and I think Director's Chair is not compatible with Project Nevada as it overwrites a semi-important hud.xml file?

Hopefully that new weather mod gets to v3 soon and fixes its stuff.

Seemenaked posted:

I like the head, it looks kinda like Carrie-Anne Moss. Is there any good preset mods out there for faces? Or are all post apocalyptic folks supposed to looks like inbred freaks?

Oh yeah, is there a way to change my face/appearance if I already got a game going? Or do I gotta start fresh to get a new face?
Go into console (`) and type showracemenu

After entering that command, I think you have to hit the console button again to turn it off to get the racemenu to reload.

I dunno about that particular mod linked above though, I assume it shows up as one of the defaults so showracemenu should work. I think most modders tend to just give their custom face its own special race to make it easier (and skimming the above, that appears to be the case - "high imperial")

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 17, 2011

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Here is the Extended Radio New Vegas files I mentioned last night. Everything should be working fine, but if there any problems, feel free to ask me or just post a corrected version here.

Extended Radio New Vegas

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I don't know where(and if I have) these problems with Nevada Skies. It looks great to me and my performance seems... pretty good, is it proven that Nevada Skies fucks with your games performance?

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Brace posted:

I don't know where(and if I have) these problems with Nevada Skies. It looks great to me and my performance seems... pretty good, is it proven that Nevada Skies fucks with your games performance?

I think it's mostly compared to how it was before? If you're not having problems, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, I say.

On a related note, I was thinking of trying out Project Reality but it looks like a new version is supposed to come out today (originally yesterday), so I guess I'll wait.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
Gah! So not a big fan of the underground hideout. Everytime I go in there Ed-E dies upon exiting. My complaints are it's just too drat big and silly.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Seemenaked posted:

You got your question already answered about changing races, that being said, the presets aren't really presets in this mod, they're more open to edit in the GECK, presets for vanilla heads won't work/will look ugly. There needs to be a bit of work done by the user I'm afraid.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I just bought this retail, where can I pick up the patches so I can install DLC?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Fat_Cow posted:

I just bought this retail, where can I pick up the patches so I can install DLC?

Steam will autoupdate, unless you tell it not to.

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

Rirse posted:

Here is the Extended Radio New Vegas files I mentioned last night. Everything should be working fine, but if there any problems, feel free to ask me or just post a corrected version here.

Extended Radio New Vegas

Thanks for this, will test out tonight!

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Brace posted:

Nevada Skies was hosed over 2 patches ago and in my opinion the dude never resolved the issues stemming from it satisfactorily. It's not to say it's not a good mod but after awhile the cool poo poo it adds kind of becomes old hat and it does have the potential to cause crashes, a very common one causes you to crash anytime you enter the goodsprings saloon.

I still use non-nevada skies URWL, all this fancy weather poo poo is cool at first but doesn't really add a ton to the game for me.

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe

TSBX posted:

I am running Windows7 Ultimate x64,however I did change the ini to load 8 grids at a time to allow for longer view using the binoculars. (Which in hindsight subsequently only allows for the same distance of view for regular sight or binoculars..)

It just seems strange that the CTD's only occur when I hit 1.4GB of memory usage on the process, as I am running an i5-760@ 2.80 quad with 8GB of memory with a Radeon 6850 1GB card, and a 2TB 7200rpm HDD...

After re-overwriting the Detailed Normal textures with the standard NMC's, I was able to play for about 30 minutes inside the Test Site by Novac with no issue, so it seems like it may in fact be the draw distance that throws a wrench into things, though, again, why it only CTD's on 1.4GB of memory usage+ seems pretty strange to me.

Also, I was only able to test a mod-free game long enough to roll a melee character, and then stalk the bighorners in Goodsprings with a straight razor stolen from the Doc.

It didn't crash, but Victor blew me up.

Thanks for your quick responses and valuable advice. Goon gamers are the best gamers.

EDIT:I should note, awesome OP!

Yo, I'm a page too late, but it may be a worth a shot: try sleeping indoors for 4 days in order for IWS to reset. It's kinda buggy imo and I *think* taking a 4 day nap resolved my CTD issues. Mine only happened on fast travel though. Also, isn't the free play mod redundant? I though OWB enables that.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
Those who were waiting on v3 of Project Reality- it's out now.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Male Man posted:

Steam will autoupdate, unless you tell it not to.
Just a point of reference, I had to restart my Steam for it to recognize the DLC as purchased.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Rirse posted:

Extended Radio New Vegas

Almost done downloading. Can't wait to hear all the new music.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Seemenaked posted:

Gah! So not a big fan of the underground hideout. Everytime I go in there Ed-E dies upon exiting. My complaints are it's just too drat big and silly.

I'd just wait for Omnicarus' player hideout mod. It's shaping up to be a lot more balanced than Underground Hideout, which has become bloated and buggy (and I'm thinking about pulling it from the OP because of its growing unpopularity.)

So in other words, Omnicarus, make this player hideout good so I can throw it on the OP and replace some lemons.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can someone who managed to grab my Extended New Vegas files upload them somewhere else. Dropbox is being a baby and disable downloading the file for three days.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Rirse posted:

Can someone who managed to grab my Extended New Vegas files upload them somewhere else. Dropbox is being a baby and disable downloading the file for three days.

Uploading to Megaupload now. :) Should be ready in an hour or so.

OlMaster
May 12, 2008

Comic posted:

Those who were waiting on v3 of Project Reality- it's out now.

Just been playing around with this, the configuration menu that comes with it is a bit limited. You can toggle on/off the 'subtle' DOF effect, the heat haze as seen in great games such as R* RED DEAD REDEMPTION, and 'The Dark Wasteland' which the description states is some sort of bell sound that strikes at midnight. You can also set permanent weather states like hazy, pleasant, etc. (why, I don't know).

So no options to switch off radioactive rain, dust storms, or the dark nights. The item (in apparel) is a bit buggy as well, it seems to have kept an unusable item called 'F3NV Options' alongside the actual item 'F3NV Project Reality' in my inventory. Not a problem, but a bit strange.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Rirse posted:

I can make an Alluvian torrent if someone will help seed. My upload isn't all that great.

McGuirk
Jan 28, 2010

I'll take you out, buddy!
What mod fixes the most bugs?

I am replaying an old mod to get Arcade Gannon's phatty body armor and the game is just crashing randomly (but often). I only have one mod installed right now, and there have been no driver updates or anything for my card since I installed the game a while ago.

However, I do own every single DLC...

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Is it normal for the nights in Project Reality to suddenly become super mega dark, as in complete pitch black darkness?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

--deleted--

Give it a few to start working.

e: All I get from it is tracker error #11. Not sure how long it takes to update there or if its having a problem.
I've downloaded from there but never created.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 18, 2011

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Is it normal for the nights in Project Reality to suddenly become super mega dark, as in complete pitch black darkness?

I think so.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

That's what happened when I was using it. I think the author is planning to introduce the ability to control darkness settings somewhere down the line.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

That's what happened when I was using it. I think the author is planning to introduce the ability to control darkness settings somewhere down the line.

Incidentally my save was during one of those nights when I updated to version 3. The nights are dark but not pitch black anymore. So I guess this new version fixes whatever that was.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Good news! Here's Rirse's Music Pack on MegaUpload!

Bad news! You need Megaupload Premium to download files over 1GB. I can't even download it even though it's on my account. :downs: So for the two of you with MU Premium, have at it and rehost.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So I grabbed the more perks mod, and took Destiny Gambler as my first perk. The text file just says random events happen during combat, does anyone have some examples of it?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Fat_Cow posted:

So I grabbed the more perks mod, and took Destiny Gambler as my first perk. The text file just says random events happen during combat, does anyone have some examples of it?

An invisible deathclaw might spawn behind you and attack on a bad roll.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Good news! Here's Rirse's Music Pack on MegaUpload!

Bad news! You need Megaupload Premium to download files over 1GB. I can't even download it even though it's on my account. :downs: So for the two of you with MU Premium, have at it and rehost.

Why don't you rezip it into a multipart archive so everyone can download it?

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

OgNar posted:

Download torrent81 (1 file; 1.28 GB)
View torrent stats

e: All I get from it is tracker error #11. Not sure how long it takes to update there or if its having a problem.

I can help seed it for a while once I get it downloaded myself.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Male Man posted:

Why don't you rezip it into a multipart archive so everyone can download it?

Because I have the fastest my upload speed ever hit during that was 200 KB/s, so gently caress redoing that.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Fat_Cow posted:

You shouldn't've, it's really bad and buggy.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Fat_Cow posted:

Basically the game periodically automatically rolls two dice when combat is initiated. Sometimes the results will reward you with some stimpacks or a box of surplus ammo. Sometimes a random guy shows up and helps you wreck shop (like Miss Fortune or Mysterious Stranger, except in real-time.) Other times it will cause your weapon to take serious damage (like losing 50% of its condition) or you to lose some caps.

If you're really, really unlucky, an invisible, beefed-up Spore Carrier will spawn behind you and try to kill you. At higher levels / with companions, it usually isn't a big deal, since one of your companions will usually get the drop on it. But it can be a pain in the rear end.

flatluigi posted:

You shouldn't've, it's really bad and buggy.

Destiny Gambler is actually one of the perks from More Perks that usually works as advertised.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Soysaucebeast posted:

I can help seed it for a while once I get it downloaded myself.

Maybe if someone else can make one. I can download and seed there no problems. But it doesn't seem to like me creating one.

Didn't even think I can't check it out yet either while I'm in the Big MT.

e: Maybe it doesn't like the newest version of Deluge.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

OgNar posted:

Download torrent81 (1 file; 1.28 GB)
View torrent stats

Been trying to download this for a while now, still at 0%

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Destiny Gambler is actually one of the perks from More Perks that usually works as advertised.

The two times it triggered I ended up with an invisible minigun sound permanently attached to a point somewhere in the vicinity of jean's skydiving and a missing corpse in front of the primm sheriff's office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Could some direct me to the New Vegas XP leveling system?