Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

partipo posted:

Who is this player and why does he look like the assault from Monday Night Combat?

Pretty sure that's Issac Osbourne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

I hope the Warrior kits are like lacrosse jerseys: extremely loose mesh and only come down about halfway down your ribcage :xd:

I'm fairly sure they'll be horrible, but I can't say I care, as the price is right.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

PreMoo posted:

Soccertriads kit vs original kits

Overall the kit looks good and feels identical to the original kit.

Can you take a pic of the actual Chelsea badge on the triads, that was the big obvious gently caress up when I compared last season's home kit in both official and triad.

PreMoo
Sep 23, 2010

Dudley posted:

Can you take a pic of the actual Chelsea badge on the triads, that was the big obvious gently caress up when I compared last season's home kit in both official and triad.

I used the shirt today at the gym and it felt pretty good but as another poster mentioned the original kit is more breathable but I thought the fake kit was stretchy enough.

For me the sizing was pretty accurate, they have a size chart up on their site.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

GravityDaemon posted:

I wonder I they'll move the Coppa Italia badge over the Nike sign after Barcelona win the CWC.

poo poo badge for a poo poo cup played in a poo poo stadium where only the Internacional fans redeemed the chump change busfare from Jebel Ali.

Gaudy gaudy Inter.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

PreMoo posted:

I used the shirt today at the gym and it felt pretty good but as another poster mentioned the original kit is more breathable but I thought the fake kit was stretchy enough.

Thanks, you can see they have to make the badges themselves, the font and aligning are off like they are on mine. Nothing you'd notice unless you had a real one right there but still the worst thing about the shirt.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
I would've really liked this if it weren't for the sponsor's colour. :( Dortmund third shirt.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Snazzy drawings of all of this years Premier League kits.
What's the point in Newcastle's third kit:

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

JingleBells posted:

Snazzy drawings of all of this years Premier League kits.
What's the point in Newcastle's third kit:

When the play Stoke and Sunderland away. They won't be able to wear their home because the white will clash and the orange away will clash with the red.

Sometimes they get away with wearing the home against Stoke and Sunderland though, so in that case I've no idea. QPR maybe?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

PreMoo posted:

As far as feel goes, I bought last year's away in Kuala Lumpur, and this year's home off of Chelsea Megastore and the home feels....firmer? I guess. The Away feels like a heavier silk shirt and is an absolute joy to wear out on a nice sunny day (which is funny because Seattle lol).

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

What the hell is going on with the third and away kits with QPR? Those look absolutely brutal.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

sweek0 posted:

I would've really liked this if it weren't for the sponsor's colour. :( Dortmund third shirt.

A million times better than the first shirt they have. Not as good as last years though.

ommikoo
Nov 20, 2009
Can anyone give me an idea as to how illegitimate Soccertriads actually are? I really don't want to be funding human traffickers or such scum. Not sure if Nike's much better, but still... I like a few recent shirts but don't wanna pay for their whole brand value and bullshit that goes along with it...

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ommikoo posted:

Can anyone give me an idea as to how illegitimate Soccertriads actually are? I really don't want to be funding human traffickers or such scum. Not sure if Nike's much better, but still... I like a few recent shirts but don't wanna pay for their whole brand value and bullshit that goes along with it...

I don't think we have any evidence they're more than a few resourceful people taking advantage of some slightly lax copyright laws to sell what you might kindly term "tributes" to the real thing.

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
I read an investigative piece from the Guardian on the direction of profits from these sorts of knock-off soccer jersey sites. Apparently it's incredibly common for the directors of these companies to spend the money on bulldozers, which they then use to drive through local playgrounds, killing any children in their way. Afterwards they spread the entrails of the deceased on the lawns of the parents and pee through their letterboxes.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Esposito posted:

I read an investigative piece from the Guardian on the direction of profits from these sorts of knock-off soccer jersey sites. Apparently it's incredibly common for the directors of these companies to spend the money on bulldozers, which they then use to drive through local playgrounds, killing any children in their way. Afterwards they spread the entrails of the deceased on the lawns of the parents and pee through their letterboxes.

I find this highly speculative.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
No it's true I was there I can confirm it

BigStu
Apr 16, 2011
Hey guys I am dissapointed that I have only discovered this thread. Collecting shirts is a hobby of mine. In any case, have any of you ever thought about exchanging local/smaller club shirts? It is something I would be extremely interested in something like that. I could have access to the Mexican league shirts, and my local club is CF Indios from Juarez if anyone would be interested.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Pik_d and myself went shopping for polos.

Everton: http://evertondirect.evertonfc.com/stores/everton/products/product_details.aspx?pid=85930

Man City: http://shop.mcfc.co.uk/stores/mancity/products/product_details.aspx?pid=85890

:negative:

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Ignoring that they're all the same, club polos are almost always the gaudiest pieces of crap.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

BigStu posted:

Hey guys I am dissapointed that I have only discovered this thread. Collecting shirts is a hobby of mine. In any case, have any of you ever thought about exchanging local/smaller club shirts? It is something I would be extremely interested in something like that. I could have access to the Mexican league shirts, and my local club is CF Indios from Juarez if anyone would be interested.

I would definitely trade some local shirts, sadly my local teams are all in the Irish League, and their shirts are poo poo. See my previous posts for proof.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Esposito posted:

Ignoring that they're all the same, club polos are almost always the gaudiest pieces of crap.

Nothing at all wrong with these. :colbert:

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Just looking at the Arsenal shop, they have some subdued shirts as well. But there are still way to many of these.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

Esposito posted:

Just looking at the Arsenal shop, they have some subdued shirts as well. But there are still way to many of these.

oh I like that the french tricolore is on there.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

And so, 16 days after ordering a whole lot of poo poo from shootjerseys.com, it arrives in Melbourne, and I am very happy. Here's a whole lot of words and pictures:

11/12 Brazil Third

11/12 France Away (with bonus cat)

11/12 Bremen Home

11/12 Dortmund Away

10/11 South China Home

10/11 West Ham Home (Note the lack of manufacturers logo on the shirt)

10/11 West Ham Away

10/11 Lyon Away

10/11 Lyon Third

10/11 Celtic Away

All these kits cost me $180 shipped, which I think is a pretty good deal considering that they come with shorts, and they all come packaged in their own little zip-lock bag, which I thought was a nice touch.

I figured I'd show off the other jerseys I have too, before I do a comparison between Shoot Jerseys, Soccer Triads, and the legit actual stuff:

96/97 AC Milan Away (Legit afaik)

10/11 Australia Home (Legit)

10/11 AF Goa Home (Bought from some dude on the roadside in India, fake)

94/95 Inter Milan Home (Legit afaik)

10/11 Porto Away (Soccer Triads)

09/10 Marseille Away (Soccer Triads)

10/11 Leicester Home & Away (Legit, Special edition from friendly played against Thai National Team)

Ok, so lets get down to it. Just how fake are these fake shirts that come from the internet? Well. Here's 3 Nike shirts, from Shoot Jerseys, Nike, and Soccer Triads respectively.

The tags:
The Soccer Triads one has been through the wash quite a few times, so it's all falling off, but the main difference here is that the legit Nike shirt is printed with a sort of rubberised ink, while the two fake shirts are printed with plasticised ink.

The swoosh:
The stitching on the legit shirt is much nicer and tighter, and is raised slightly from the shirt, while the Shoot Jerseys swoosh uses less thread and therefore looks sparser, although still looks good. The Soccer Triads one seems to not even be sewn onto the shirt properly somehow.

The authenticity patch:
The legit one has a hologram in the horizontal silver strip, which says some crap about Nike or something (I tried to get a proper photo of this, but holograms are loving hard to photograph and I'm lazy). On the other two shirts this strip is just embroidered, and the letters on the Soccer Triads one are all wonky and poo poo.

The fabric:
Neither of the fake shirts can match Nike for the quality of fabric, which is really quite soft to the touch. The Soccer Triads shirt feels plastic-y and has no stretch, while the Shoot Jerseys one feels too smooth, almost like it isn't woven at all. This smooth material is what every Shoot Jerseys shirt is made from, while Soccer Triads uses different materials for different brands, trying to match the appearance of each shirt.
The ventilation panel on the sides of the shirts is the most noticeable part when it comes to determining if it is a fake, as while the Nike shirt is merely a looser weave of the normal fabric on the shirt, the Soccer Triads uses exactly the same material, and the Shoot Jerseys shirt uses a mesh, which is much coarser than the Nike fabric.

Result: Nike shirts are comfy as, Soccer Triads Nike shirts are plastic-y and crap, and Shoot Jerseys Nike shirts are lighter but less breathable than both.

Here's a go at comparing 2 adidas shirts, one from Soccer Triads and one from Shoot Jerseys, respectively:

The tags:
Soccer Triads tags look pretty legit, Shoot Jerseys seem to have arbitrarily decided what they look like. Also that swing tag is the least legit looking thing ever.

The logo:
Soccer Triads is embroidered onto the shirt, much like a real shirt, while Shoot Jerseys uses the same plasticised ink to print onto the shirt.

The sponsor:
Soccer Triads sponsors are an iron on with some sort of felt, which I'm led to believe is how they are on legit shirts, as well as being the material that the names and numbers on legit shirts are made from. Shoot Jerseys are the same plasticised ink.

The authenticity patch:
Soccer Triads looks legit, it's even holographic. Having compared it in a shop to a legit one though, it isn't the same hologram, but it's really close. Shoot Jerseys don't even have one.

The material:
The adidas Soccer Triads shirts are really comfortable, with the material feeling almost exactly like a real shirt. The Shoot Jerseys ones use the same material they do for all their other shirts, which is not particularly breathable, and very smooth. The ventilation panel is made of this same material rather than even a mesh on the Shoot Jerseys shirt this time, while Soccer Triads have a pretty nice loose weave mesh.

Result: Soccer Triads are good at making adidas shirts, Shoot Jerseys shirts are all pretty much the same no matter what brand they are bootlegging.

So, all in all, Shoot Jerseys are fake as hell, but I'd rather buy from there than Soccer Triads despite the more obvious fakeness because Soccer Triads seem to vary in quality a fair bit, and Shoot Jerseys are cheaper, have a MUCH larger selection, and come with shorts also, which is pretty cool. I think the shipping was quicker also, despite coming from further away (China instead of Thailand).

Bogan Krkic fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 18, 2011

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
That is a loving awesome post.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
NinjaSteve, you are my personal hero and I'm bitterly jealous of all the kits you own.

Also what Ninpo said - great post.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
If only triads or shootjerseys came with sweet knock off boxes.
(great post, I might be making an order from shoot. If I do I'll do a comparison between the official milan/shoot milan)

edit: ninjasteve, would you be able to take some close up shots of the badges on the shootjersey shirts? That seemed to be the most off part on triads, so I wanna see what they're like. I assume those are embroidered on, unlike the manufacturer logo?

grvm fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 18, 2011

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Great post but your cat has no hair, mate.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

As the others have said, this post is fantastic. Thank you for taking the time to do that.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Shoot Jerseys badges seem to be about the same quality as Soccer Triads; that is, not perfect, but pretty close, and the text is the part that you'd notice being off first. Have some legit ones for reference too.
Old Milan badge is printed directly into the fabric, rather than on top of it with plasticised ink, just as is the sponsor and the stripes:

New Australia badge is cool, the border/frame bit on it is embroidered higher than the rest, giving it a kinda 3d look:

Soccer Triads Marseille is pretty good to my eyes:

Shoot Jerseys Celtic is good, although the text seems to change size as it wraps around the top:

Shoot Jerseys Bremen looks good:

But on the shorts, it seems to be off center within the embroidery border:

Shoot Jerseys Lyon is terrible, it looks like they've printed the detailed bit on some fabric, sewn it on, and then embroidered the border around it:

So, I guess that they are pretty obviously fake, but they vary in quality a bit too. Seems that they can't do text very well on the badges, but they seem to be slightly better than the Chelsea ones people have posted earlier, with the exception of the Lyon kit, dunno what went wrong there.

Today has been a good day, as well as getting all these kits, I also got a bunch of Calle street soccer gear and a ball, a copy of the Green Soccer Journal and a Cos Lamp! shirt in the post. Now it's all sitting there taunting me cos I ruined my knee Tuesday night playing 5-a-side.

Bogan Krkic fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Aug 19, 2011

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
They look pretty good, I just wanted to make sure they were't terrible. Likely gonna get a named milan shirt from there. Thanks man.

BigStu
Apr 16, 2011
That Brazil jersey makes my knees buckle

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Really want that Brazil kit...

Not on Soccertriads :(

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Thirteenth Step posted:

Really want that Brazil kit...

Not on Soccertriads :(

The lesson we've learned here is to buy stuff from Shoot Jerseys.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

NinjaSteve posted:

The lesson we've learned here is to buy stuff from Shoot Jerseys.

Do they ship to the uk?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

BigStu posted:

That Brazil jersey makes my knees buckle

From the heat when you wear what is basically just a black jersey and shorts?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Thirteenth Step posted:

Do they ship to the uk?

Pretty sure they have worldwide shipping. Also free shipping if you buy more than 5 kits.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

NinjaSteve posted:

Pretty sure they have worldwide shipping. Also free shipping if you buy more than 5 kits.

The shipping was $30, 10 more than the shirt itself!

I'll just wait for soccertriads!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO
Once again, reminding you how ugly the new Barcelona kit is and how Real Madrid finally beat them at something

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2011/8/17/2369173/barcelona-real-madrid-shirt-jersey-la-liga-lionel-messi-cristiano-ronaldo-el-clasico