Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Jerusalem posted:

Is that the one that Paul Bearer tossed across the room in disgust after reading the first page?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

Dickeye posted:

The first Foley book is pretty good

Starting with the first Foley book would probably be the best way to go, as it was the game changer.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Kane's in-kayfabe biography is the best book. Ever.

Everyone always forgets Big Apple Take Down. Truly it is the highlight of WWE books.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Oatgan posted:

Everyone always forgets Big Apple Take Down. Truly it is the highlight of WWE books.

Uh, its not that good dude, THERE ARE CONTINUITY ISSUES

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

FishBulb posted:

Uh, its not that good dude, THERE ARE CONTINUITY ISSUES

Continuity can and should be ignored if you can tell a better story without it :colbert:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Is that the one that Paul Bearer tossed across the room in disgust after reading the first page?
Did he say "Oh, NOOOOOO!"

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Oatgan posted:

Continuity can and should be ignored if you can tell a better story without it :colbert:

I completely agree, that was just, the content of the wiki entry.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Oatgan posted:

God drat it, this is just the A-Team with Vince as Hannibal!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Neodoomium posted:

God drat it, this is just the A-Team with Vince as Hannibal!

Ha, I actually bought this book when it came out. Highlights include Batista flipping over a forklift, Chavo Guerrero: Stealth Sneak, and the entire narrative stopping to talk for pages about how strong and muscular VKM is during the 'exciting' bit.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

projecthalaxy posted:

Ha, I actually bought this book when it came out. Highlights include Batista flipping over a forklift, Chavo Guerrero: Stealth Sneak, and the entire narrative stopping to talk for pages about how strong and muscular VKM is during the 'exciting' bit.

drat my library doesn't have this book. So disappointed!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is it to books as Mcgruber is to films?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

projecthalaxy posted:

Isn't that the one where John Cena sneaks up behind a guard and whispers to himself "You can't see me"?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The best part of Big Apple Take Down is that they had it ready to go when Eddie died, so they just replaced every "Eddie" with "Chavo."

Oh and added a scene here Chavo thinks about what a swell guy Batista was to say nice things about his uncle at his loving funeral.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The best part of Big Apple Take Down is that at the very end when Triple H has his showdown with the bad guy. The bad guy escapes in his car and almost runs Triple H over. But wait! Triple H found a loving sledgehammer laying on the ground in this alley. So Trips throws the sledgehammer through the windshield and the car loses control and crashes into a wall.

Amazing.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 16, 2011

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Oatgan posted:

The best part of Big Apple Take Down is that at the very end when Triple H has his showdown with the bad guy. The bad guy escapes in his car and almost runs Triple H over. But wait! Triple H found a loving sledgehammer laying on the ground in this alley. So Trips throws the sledgehammer through the windshield and the career loses control and crashes into a wall.

Amazing.

Why haven't they adapted this into a WWE Films movie yet?

edit: You know there has to be kids that have read this book and Kane's book and turned in book reports on them.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Oatgan posted:

The best part of Big Apple Take Down is that at the very end when Triple H has his showdown with the bad guy. The bad guy escapes in his car and almost runs Triple H over. But wait! Triple H found a loving sledgehammer laying on the ground in this alley. So Trips throws the sledgehammer through the windshield and the career loses control and crashes into a wall.

Amazing.

I'm going to assume someone's career crashing into a wall once they face Triple H was completely intentional.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Bocc Kob posted:

I'm going to assume someone's career crashing into a wall once they face Triple H was completely intentional.

I thought the same thing haha

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bocc Kob posted:

Let's just call it a Freudian slip

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I was reading more about Bobby Heenan and the Heenan Family recently and I love how through multiple feds and decades, you can see that Bobby Heenan has one single solitary mission statement: find the biggest, strongest dudes available and make them crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of Gorilla Monsoon.

I think he is the most consistently gimmmicked manager in history.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

projecthalaxy posted:

I was reading more about Bobby Heenan and the Heenan Family recently and I love how through multiple feds and decades, you can see that Bobby Heenan has one single solitary mission statement: find the biggest, strongest dudes available and make them crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of Gorilla Monsoon.

I think he is the most consistently gimmmicked manager in history.

I have one thing to say to that - Will you stop!

Toadofsky
Dec 19, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
What were the flagship tv programs of WCW and WWF prior to Raw and Nitro?

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Toadofsky posted:

What were the flagship tv programs of WCW and WWF prior to Raw and Nitro?

WCW Saturday Night (da muddaship) and WWF Superstars.

Toadofsky
Dec 19, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

RoleModel posted:

Thanks, I'm trying to watch the Monday Night Wars and I keep finding myself saying 'Well maybe I should start a little before that.' I'm sure I'll eventually be trying to torrent and scour youtube for babylonian wrestling from 5000 years ago.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Toadofsky posted:

Thanks, I'm trying to watch the Monday Night Wars and I keep finding myself saying 'Well maybe I should start a little before that.' I'm sure I'll eventually be trying to torrent and scour youtube for babylonian wrestling from 5000 years ago.

That Sargon II was such a belt mark.

Toadofsky
Dec 19, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Lamuella posted:

That Sargon II was such a belt mark.
I'm watching Sumer Slam right now. :haw:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I hear Pontius Pilate was a jerk and refused to job to Jesus.

Jesus was good like that, allways did what was right for buisiness. I don't think a screwy finish would have worked there.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

LordPants posted:

I hear Pontius Pilate was a jerk and refused to job to Jesus.

Jesus was good like that, allways did what was right for buisiness. I don't think a screwy finish would have worked there.

Dude no-sold the Undertaker's offense, I don't find that awfully professional.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Grendels Dad posted:

Dude no-sold the Undertaker's offense, I don't find that awfully professional.

He went down for the three :colbert:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Jerusalem posted:

He went down for the three :colbert:

And when he got up again he acted as if nothing happened. He could at least have nursed the little holes in his hands, took me right out of the NT.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RoleModel posted:

I remember WWE's 'Wrestling Challenge' as well, which I think was on Sundays.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Grendels Dad posted:

And when he got up again he acted as if nothing happened. He could at least have nursed the little holes in his hands, took me right out of the NT.

Dude how can you forget what he did to The Rock after all that selling? Couldn't believe that comeback.

Edit:

Wrestling Challenge was the B show, pretty much just material from other shows with some jobber matches. Not to say it isn't great, but there isn't a whole lot of angle developelemt on that show. :)

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Aug 18, 2011

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Was the M. Chiappetta who's Zack Ryder's friend also the one who wrote Journey into Evil, the kayfabe Kane biography?

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
Wasn't Prime Time Wrestling the "A" show before RAW since it was 2 hours on Monday night before RAW came along at 1 hour?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Lebowski at Cleos posted:

Wasn't Prime Time Wrestling the "A" show before RAW since it was 2 hours on Monday night before RAW came along at 1 hour?

It was more of a recap show as more angle development was setup on Superstars

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
WWF was aimed at kids, so the A and B shows were on weekend mornings.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Toadofsky posted:

I'm watching Sumer Slam right now. :haw:

Thank you, I needed that.

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005
We know where pop music footnote Ceelo Green is, but where is D'lo Brown? (I'm looking for the real deal now)

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached

Christoph posted:

We know where pop music footnote Ceelo Green is, but where is D'lo Brown? (I'm looking for the real deal now)

TNA Agent.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Christoph posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWbUFqsDIS0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

Why does Eric Young have Vince Vaughn's voice?