Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

I was loving cracking up when Howard was doing his mother being deaf on the phone Monday, I literally had to pause the recording and catch my breath from laughing so much when he started doing Angry Howard voice yelling at her on his megaphone.

Now, this, I would love to hear. Even when the show's in a slump I always laugh at Howard talking about/as his parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

ChaosMonkey posted:

It's taking all my strength not to listen to the newest Eric the Midget calls. But I know with the state the show's in now and without Artie it's not worth it.

It's a good call. They just ask him about these crazy acting parts and you get to hear him try and reason why he's an actor and allowed to be as selective as loving Daniel Day-Lewis. It's hilarious to hear the gears creak in his head to explain his terrible logic.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Jesus - Jason wrecked Ross Zapin. What a dummy Ross is - easily one of the most loathsome people at Sirius. Then, typical pretend tough guy, he asks Jason to "step outside" when he couldn't win verbally. :rolleyes:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Kelly posted:

Jesus - Jason wrecked Ross Zapin. What a dummy Ross is - easily one of the most loathsome people at Sirius. Then, typical pretend tough guy, he asks Jason to "step outside" when he couldn't win verbally. :rolleyes:

Though admittedly Jason could benefit from a savage beating. He is such a lovely little instigator.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Though admittedly Jason could benefit from a savage beating. He is such a lovely little instigator.

Nothing would make me happier to see someone go Artie on Jason one day. I hate that fat piece of poo poo.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

I hate that fat piece of poo poo.

That's no way to talk about Artie...

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Indolent Bastard posted:

Agreed wholeheartedly on that one! Entertaining but definitely lovely. I did find it entertaining that Ross Zapin, Sales Guy, couldn't out talk Jason.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Holy poo poo, the new EtM call is loving hysterical. I love that loving midget.

ziglol
Oct 13, 2006

I love how Jason's obnoxious personality is bought out chemically thanks the confidence pills he takes.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

White women don't generally have sex with black men...unless alcohol is involved.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Brocktoon posted:

Holy poo poo, the new EtM call is loving hysterical. I love that loving midget.

I shut it down six minutes in.

I was getting into it for a while, but then I realized Howard will never treat ETM like the buttnugget he is. Artie would have shut the little motherfucker down within minutes and started him screaming. Instead, Howard gives the poo poo time to speak and it just kills the show. At this point it's nothing but pastiche. "Hey, don't you remember when Eric the Midget is ungrateful? Here's more of that!"

The best ETM moments were when you broke through to the evil little bastard inside. That will never happen with today's Stern show.

mike_348
Apr 30, 2009
Does anyone have a the JD clips from 2009-2011 or the ETM calls from 2009-2011? I've already listened to the 2006-2008 clips atleast 3 times each.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I was getting into it for a while, but then I realized Howard will never treat ETM like the buttnugget he is. Artie would have shut the little motherfucker down within minutes and started him screaming. Instead, Howard gives the poo poo time to speak and it just kills the show. At this point it's nothing but pastiche. "Hey, don't you remember when Eric the Midget is ungrateful? Here's more of that!"

The best ETM moments were when you broke through to the evil little bastard inside. That will never happen with today's Stern show.

I'm the exact opposite. His delusions never fail to entertain me. I could listen to him talk uninterrupted forever.

The list of potential roles they wanted him to do had me crying.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

My favorite ETM moment is where he was going to start a modeling agency and make the girls move in with him.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
It's both funny, Artie was just thrashing him, Stern is putting a spotlight on him and letting him dig his own grave.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'd like to hear what he has to say about this, but he probably wont be on tomorrow.

"How Philadelphia put Howard Stern on the path to stardom"
http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/20110817_How_Philadelphia_put_Howard_Stern_on_the_path_to_stardom.html?cmpid=124488834

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

My favorite ETM moment is where he was going to start a modeling agency and make the girls move in with him.

They also had to sign a 10-year exclusive contract, I think.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.
Kenny Cuwvecock.....Patsy Pissfwaps...

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Nah, the best were when he'd call in, say something like "I'd like to pro...mote my American Idol.. Show" and Artie would immediately reply, "Alright, bye shithead"

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

Nah, the best were when he'd call in, say something like "I'd like to pro...mote my American Idol.. Show" and Artie would immediately reply, "Alright, bye shithead"

"...kkgghh I wwanted to call and say..."
"OK You midget gently caress"
"...that artie.."
"Bye you little freak"
"...how about..."
"Hurry up you little fruit"
"...those A's really suck..."
"Ohh you got me there you little fruit."

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

"Pauly Shore is here to say hi ..." *click*

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Smeep posted:

"Pauly Shore is here to say hi ..." *click*

I used to think it would be interesting to hear from him, but he is just a spoiled child born into comedy.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Kelly posted:

ooh what day was that? Was it on the wrapup show?

VVVVVV
Nice, thanks Kelly

chiz fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 18, 2011

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

chiz posted:

ooh what day was that? Was it on the wrapup show?

Yup - yesterday 's WUS. They played a bunch of clips on the show this morning in the first hour. That is where they played Ross asking Jason to step outside - he said it when they went to commercial.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
They're bringing back BBC1 on the 19th. It'd be nice if it was back today so they could poo poo can the idiot that thought Studio 54 would be a good replacement.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Ether Frenzy posted:

I was loving cracking up when Howard was doing his mother being deaf on the phone Monday, I literally had to pause the recording and catch my breath from laughing so much when he started doing Angry Howard voice yelling at her on his megaphone.
The funny thing is that's given their age gap, that conversation is exactly what Beth has to look forward to when she's his age. :haw:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

quote:

BARNEGAT TOWNSHIP, N.J. — Police in southern New Jersey have ticketed a man after they say he struck a car driven by Howard Stern's sidekick Robin Quivers.

Police say Quivers was driving north on Route 9 in Barnegat Township on Sunday when Robert Crockett hit her vehicle and took off.

Witnesses provided police with information and that led them to the 50-year-old.

Police issued Crockett tickets for leaving the scene of an accident, failure to report an accident, reckless driving and operating an unregistered vehicle.

No one was injured.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

More info. And I did indeed drive right by this on Sunday! My husband is a fed and we were actually going to stop to make sure everyone was okay, but kept going because the Barnegat police were just starting to show.

Unbelievable...my big moment to meet Robin. I would have totally played the cancer card and tried to roll it into a visit to the studio or something. ;)

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...1cc4c002e0.html

quote:

BARNEGAT TOWNSHIP- A 50-year-old Ocean Township man was issued a summons for leaving the scene of an accident after police say he struck the car of radio personality and Howard Stern Show co-host Robin Quivers Sunday.

According to police, township police officers responded to a hit and run accident at Route 9 and Union Boulevard 3:45 p.m. Sunday.

Quivers, of New York was driving north on Route 9 when 50-year-old, Robert Crockett allegedly struck her vehicle with his car and left the scene.

Police received information that Crockett was driving a vehicle with a South Carolina license plate. Witnesses at the scene also provided police with a description of Crockett's vehicle.

Barnegat police, spoke with Crockett, who said he lost control of his vehicle, struck Quiver's vehicle and fled the scene.

Barnegat police issued Crockett tickets for leaving the scene of an accident, failure to report an accident, reckless driving and operating an unregistered vehicle.

There were no injuries in the collision, police said. Crockett was driving with a Florida driver's license.

pepperoniroller
Sep 11, 2001

Glumwheels posted:

They're bringing back BBC1 on the 19th. It'd be nice if it was back today so they could poo poo can the idiot that thought Studio 54 would be a good replacement.

Wait, they're bringing it back? Same channel? I thought Studio54 was ridiculous but it was that bad that they need to revert so soon? Thank God

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I'm basically all finished with Sirius, I think. Only a handful of new shows every month lately, and Howard just doesn't have his heart in it. (I never listened to any of the other stations, really.) If he had motivated himself to fill the Artie chair, that would have helped, but as it stands the show just seems like a big inconvenience to him now, and it shows. He hates it.

I am paid up through the end of the year, but have removed my radio from the car. Maybe if I call and threaten to cancel, they'll add internet (which they started charging for after not having done so initially :argh:) for free? What's a good method for this?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Studio 54 channel is so absurd, it has to be a joke. I'm not talking about the music either. The announcer is this flamboyant gay man, waxing nostalgic about the cocaine orgies of the formerly nouveau golden age atmosphere of the Studio 54 scene. In it's attempt to create this glamorous image of the day, it ends up becoming a hilarious caricature. Imagine Hedonismbot in the early 80's.

And that's my impression after listening to it for no more than 2 minutes.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
When are they going to learn to stop doing NYC centric programming?

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
Was listening to the aftermath of the Artie/Teddy fight. Insane that Benjy, and Ralph were right on about Artie being suicidal way back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=z0FHvcLX6-I

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

djnkro posted:

Was listening to the aftermath of the Artie/Teddy fight. Insane that Benjy, and Ralph were right on about Artie being suicidal way back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=z0FHvcLX6-I

This is when he returns to the show after the fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKmawsKomkw

Artie says at one point "This show is the most important thing in my life, it's the only thing that's keeping me alive"

Wow, that was kind of a throwaway statement but turned out to be 100% true. After he hosed up badly enough to get fired he tried to kill himself.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bonzo posted:

They had brilliant Tampa-centric programming and they chased it off to RadioIo.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Bonzo posted:

I'm glad that you keep beating this drum, because I'm from the North East, so the bias is pretty much invisible to me.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Squashy Nipples posted:

I'm glad that you keep beating this drum, because I'm from the North East, so the bias is pretty much invisible to me.

I am in NJ and I don't notice any bias either. :confused:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Kelly posted:

I am in NJ and I don't notice any bias either. :confused:

Yeah, but it's there. It's a big country.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yeah, but it's there. It's a big country.

I realized after I hit "Submit Reply" I didn't make it clear I was joking...I was! That was meant to be a bad joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Kelly posted:

I realized after I hit "Submit Reply" I didn't make it clear I was joking...I was! That was meant to be a bad joke.

Countdown to Snooki gets her own Sirius channel.