Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Countdown to Snooki gets her own Sirius channel.

I am shocked they haven't brought Pauly D in to DJ on one of the channels. Though, he probably would want to be paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yeah, but it's there. It's a big country.

Well I'm in Canada now and grew up in the Southern US and mid west. All the talent they hire are NYC based. For example; Stern, Mad Dog, all the old MTV VJs on the 80s channels, Eddie Trunk, ok...so nearly every DJ and talk show host they have.

The play lists are also very heavily "north eastern". Lots of KISS, Springsteen, Rush, etc.

Now I'm not saying this is bad but it really stands out and if they were a little more diverse, they would attract more listeners. Maybe this is why XM channels were better?

To me, it just seems like Sirius is just another radio station out of NY except that they broadcast nationally.

Granted there are channels that don't fit this profile but it seems that anytime new talent is added it's done with the feeling of, "Hey! remember that guy at (Northern radio station)? Let's hire them and give them a show!

or

Remember back when we were kids and (band/musician) used to play the boardwalk all the time? Let's give them their own channel!

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Kelly posted:

I am shocked they haven't brought Pauly D in to DJ on one of the channels. Though, he probably would want to be paid.

$50 million to The Situation and he can put his friends on and never show up.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

$50 million to The Situation and he can put his friends on and never show up.

How are the Sirius Oprah and Martha Stewart channels doing? Are they still even on?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

lynch_69 posted:

How are the Sirius Oprah and Martha Stewart channels doing? Are they still even on?

I can honestly tell you I have never heard either of those channels unless Howard was playing clips. I have XM now - is Martha Stewart even on the Best of Sirius package?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Does Jamie Foxx still have a show?

I still can't believe Riley Martin, who goes off on both Robin and Howard with racial slurs and believes he was abducted by aliens, can still hold on to a time slot and Andy Dick, who was actually famous, is below Riley loving Martin.

Uhhhhhhh HUH

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Does Jamie Foxx still have a show?

I still can't believe Riley Martin, who goes off on both Robin and Howard with racial slurs and believes he was abducted by aliens, can still hold on to a time slot and Andy Dick, who was actually famous, is below Riley loving Martin.

Uhhhhhhh HUH

Doesn't Riley do like 3-4 hours a month?

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

haha he's already complaining about not getting screeners again.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

Doesn't Riley do like 3-4 hours a month?

Is that more than Jackie?

Riley was more entertaining when Artie was there to commentate on it, but he still cracks me up. I remember listening to that therapy session with Keith Ablow and just hearing his childhood being so hosed up.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I LOVE that clip of the Looney Tune's theme, done with Riley Martin uhs and ahs.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
So, does anyone have an idea on what's so special about Howard's organizational system?

There's got to be more to it than he just discovered the calendar and reminder function that's been in everything since Microsoft Office XP back in 2001.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Vakal posted:

So, does anyone have an idea on what's so special about Howard's organizational system?

There's got to be more to it than he just discovered the calendar and reminder function that's been in everything since Microsoft Office XP back in 2001.

Jeff Schick is the catalyst. Without him, Howard falls apart more than he does already.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Just found this a few days ago. It's a great Sal account and pretty much documents all the failure in Sal's life on the show. A ton of stuff from '05-'06 when he was in his extra creepy phase(that seems part real and part bit).

http://www.youtube.com/user/killpigfuker#p/u/0/b3VK8IrVTpo

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Vakal posted:

Robin is to: beads behind her ears as Howard is to:
A: Dr. Sarno

Robin is to: cookies and Mike & Ike genital rubs as Howard is to:
A: Franklin Covey

Howard is seriously mentally ill, just like Robin, it's just that his horseshit wastes of money (organizational classes from a company that peddles organizational tchotchkes?) seem marginally less idiotic than hers.

Obviously it's critical to have reminders to pay the gardener at your 3rd house or remember to send in the check for boat waxing or whatever. The idea that he and Beth sit down and calendar together is :psyduck: as gently caress.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.
So how much did To Do or Franklin Covey pay for the 45-minute in-show advertisement? "Story of Your Life, Robin!!"

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
"Mrs. Lange, your son's friend drank hairspray."

mike_348
Apr 30, 2009

mike_348 posted:

Does anyone have a the JD clips from 2009-2011 or the ETM calls from 2009-2011? I've already listened to the 2006-2008 clips atleast 3 times each.

Anyone?

BooDaa
Apr 15, 2004

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/08/19/mike-cotton-launches-ipad-comic-magazine-gives-it-five-out-of-five

quote:

He was editor-in-chief of Wizard Magazine. He lasted a few issues into the digital version before leaving, and now has set up his own digital comics magazine along with Steve Blackwell, creative director of Wizard, Ralph Cirella from Geektime radio, and television writer Sam Simon. With ex-Wizard PR person April Wiggins sending out press releases.

Looks like Ralph is gonna ride this geektime thing as far as it will go.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

BooDaa posted:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/08/19/mike-cotton-launches-ipad-comic-magazine-gives-it-five-out-of-five

More like he's going to ride Sam Simon as far as he will go.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

BooDaa posted:

I don't get magazines on the ipad like this, they are basically less updated websites you pay for.

Ralph usually annoys the piss out of me, because he is a leech, but this geektime stuff is right up his alley, he loves this stuff and makes sense in his downtime between suckling up to billionaires he does something.

Have they ever said what he did at Howard's party? Seems like after that Ralph backed off from Howard big time, is hardly on the show, is buddies with Sam Simon.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

The brand is Howard 100, not Geektime radio.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

pepperoniroller posted:

Wait, they're bringing it back? Same channel? I thought Studio54 was ridiculous but it was that bad that they need to revert so soon? Thank God

I think the contract ended, they renogtiated and now it's coming back. Not sure if it's the same channel but judging by how god awful Studio 54 is I'm guessing it will be. This is all from the BBC1 Wikipedia page because I couldn't find info on this anywhere else.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
It is definitely time to appeal to the gods to get a 2009, 2010 and later a 2011 ETM pack. I know it'll be pretty lackluster for the last couple years but 2009 should still be listenable.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Millstone posted:

It is definitely time to appeal to the gods to get a 2009, 2010 and later a 2011 ETM pack. I know it'll be pretty lackluster for the last couple years but 2009 should still be listenable.

poo poo, I would like a 2006-2009 pack of all the full shows, golden years of Artie, ETM, etc etc.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

chiz posted:

poo poo, I would like a 2006-2009 pack of all the full shows, golden years of Artie, ETM, etc etc.

Me too, I'd love to play those in my car now that I've ditched the Sirius radio.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
The ETM 2009 files are out there, and I've got them, but I don't know where to, y'know, put 'em.

Any suggestions, lemme know.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
I really like Geektime. It's a bit comic-heavy, but they actually seem to know their poo poo. Ralph is perfect on that show.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Qaz Kwaz posted:

I really like Geektime. It's a bit comic-heavy, but they actually seem to know their poo poo. Ralph is perfect on that show.

Yeah I am a fan as well. Perfect for Fridays.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Listening to the August 17 Show. I love how Howard wastes half his show angrily denying scurrilous accusations of him putting on terrible guests just because they're Jewish and then immediately seguing into "AND UP NEXT COMEDIAN AND ACTOR PAULY SHORE'".

Not that I believe he puts these people on because they are Jewish, but the booking on the show is really really really bad these days and I resent him for defending it so much. Howard Stern's delusions rival only that of Muammar Gaddafi during the dying days of his regime.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I'm listening to the bro fight and it's fascinating how the reasons Howard uses to justify a friendship with Artie are exactly the same reasons he uses to justify to Sal that they aren't friends.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

lynch_69 posted:

Not that I believe he puts these people on because they are Jewish, but the booking on the show is really really really bad these days and I resent him for defending it so much. Howard Stern's delusions rival only that of Muammar Gaddafi during the dying days of his regime.

I can just imagine being the agent of an A-list celeb and having Ta-ta-toothy calling me up one day and saying that my client should come do show with the only reasoning being that Howard would like to talk to him/her. (AKA talk about them getting their rear end in a top hat licked for an hour)

So I would begrudgingly agree, because hey, the Howard Stern show used to be a big deal back in the 90's or something and it might help sell some more tickets or books or whatever.

But then Dell?Abate starts laying on the conditions:

- No Monday since Howard doesn't like having big interviews as soon as gets back.
- No Thursday or Fridays.
- Have to be in downtown New York by 5:00 am.
- Have to have a sit down with some toady like Will in order to dig through your personal life for fodder to discuss.

About this time you realize that it's not worth the hassle and unless your client is a desperate hack or a huge fan of Howard, then making the booking will probably get you fired.

So you decline and then you get to listen to Howard call your client a shithead for the next 5 years for not doing the show.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Vakal posted:

I can just imagine being the agent of an A-list celeb and having Ta-ta-toothy calling me up one day--

The Stern Show doesn't call you! YOU call the Stern Show!

shut up, fat junkie

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Eric should be stoked that Langford is gone, I'd like to hear his midgety thoughts on it.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

lynch_69 posted:

Listening to the August 17 Show. I love how Howard wastes half his show angrily denying scurrilous accusations of him putting on terrible guests just because they're Jewish and then immediately seguing into "AND UP NEXT COMEDIAN AND ACTOR PAULY SHORE'".

The religion doesn't get me, the laziness and self-serving nature of it does. Howard is putting his friends on his show and nothing else. It's not even a show at this point. It's just a way for a has-been to keep inflating his ego by pretending it's still the mid-90s. It's just sad, especially since he had a genuine chance to boost it and failed.

The booking is indeed horrible.

Vakal posted:

I can just imagine being the agent of an A-list celeb and having Ta-ta-toothy calling me up one day and saying that my client should come do show with the only reasoning being that Howard would like to talk to him/her. (AKA talk about them getting their rear end in a top hat licked for an hour)

So I would begrudgingly agree, because hey, the Howard Stern show used to be a big deal back in the 90's or something and it might help sell some more tickets or books or whatever.

But then Dell?Abate starts laying on the conditions:

- No Monday since Howard doesn't like having big interviews as soon as gets back.
- No Thursday or Fridays.
- Have to be in downtown New York by 5:00 am.
- Have to have a sit down with some toady like Will in order to dig through your personal life for fodder to discuss.

About this time you realize that it's not worth the hassle and unless your client is a desperate hack or a huge fan of Howard, then making the booking will probably get you fired.

So you decline and then you get to listen to Howard call your client a shithead for the next 5 years for not doing the show.

Not to mention the biggie: limited audience. Sirius's stock problems easily translate to 'not many people are listening, so the trouble isn't worth it.' Why do you think most shock jock shows only get comedians nowadays?

ChaosMonkey posted:

shut up, fat junkie

Sweet, thanks!

And I imagine people might call the Stern Show, but Gary's too busy taking a nap and cleaning out fridges to get information.

chiz posted:

Eric should be stoked that Langford is gone, I'd like to hear his midgety thoughts on it.

Never happen. Eric would run counter to the Show Narrative and that can't happen. So not only is he without a true nemesis that Artie provided, he can't even bitch and whine. What a useless little turd.

Crotch Bat posted:

I'm listening to the bro fight and it's fascinating how the reasons Howard uses to justify a friendship with Artie are exactly the same reasons he uses to justify to Sal that they aren't friends.

Now that's funny.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

ChaosMonkey posted:

shut up, fat junkie

Speaking of ETM audio packs, does anyone have links to the rest?

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice
Hi I'd like to make a post about Howard Stern...

...well actually hold on a second I'm loving a catcher's mitt right now and

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I'm a grumpy dwarf
with a 5-inch cock
Look at me
I'm the first flying Ewok

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

The religion doesn't get me, the laziness and self-serving nature of it does. Howard is putting his friends on his show and nothing else. It's not even a show at this point. It's just a way for a has-been to keep inflating his ego by pretending it's still the mid-90s. It's just sad, especially since he had a genuine chance to boost it and failed.

The booking is indeed horrible.

Not to mention the biggie: limited audience. Sirius's stock problems easily translate to 'not many people are listening, so the trouble isn't worth it.' Why do you think most shock jock shows only get comedians nowadays?

Well with most of the big names on Satellite there isn't as much of a reason for regular celebs to go on anymore. The only reason why a guest is going to go on is to promote whatever project they are involved in at the time. With Stern before you were getting heavy promotion in the New York Tri-state area with good coverage in LA and other major cities. Now on Sirius you are getting a limited audience and I don't know the actual demographics for Stern's show but I wouldn't be surprised if they were still heavily in the Tri-state area still. Same with O&A I imagine. For a A or B List celeb it is better to spend that time going on the Today Show, Letterman or Regis for your promotional time in NYC. Comedians by nature can't really get those bookings so well for your set at Caroline's Friday and Saturday nights so you take the radio gigs to get your name out there and perhaps drive some ticket sales.

Now Dell'AToothy barely books any comedians except for the old timers for whatever reason. I can't even tell you the last time one was on. I think that Whitney Cummings or whatever was the last. I don't listen to O&A at all but looking at who they have on in that department makes the Stern show look really bad.

Speaking of Mama Monkey, does anyone think he is going to have any sort of a job after Howard retires? I mean you would think he would be busting his rear end the last 5 years here to book the best guests possible to show a future employer that he is a good producer. I have a friend that works as a television producer in Chicago and she spends almost every waking moment busting her rear end to land guests and plan segments for her rinky dink show there. I should ask her next time I talk to her about her thoughts on his job.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

I'm a grumpy dwarf
with a 5-inch cock
Look at me
I'm the first flying Ewok

IMO, this was the peak of the midget's funniness.

I'm still bitter that he never flew with balloons, and that has made all of his work since then less funny. He fuckin owes us that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

I'm still bitter that he never flew with balloons, and that has made all of his work since then less funny. He fuckin owes us that.

I share this bitterness, my friend. It's tempered a bit by the fact that Eric never does anything, ever, but only very slightly.