Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Woah. So Alejando Bedoya went to Rangers early and now there's official word that Bocanegra signed a three year deal with them too. United States of Glasgow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.
Rangers reporting they have snagged Boca, and he will play tomorrow in the Europa League game.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
kind of a downgrade for Boca to go from France to the SPL.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

dxt posted:

kind of a downgrade for Boca to go from France to the SPL.

Guaranteed Europa/Champs league...

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.

Tigren posted:

Guaranteed Europa/Champs league...

Rangers were eliminated from the CL already, but yes, maybe next year.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

msj817 posted:

Rangers were eliminated from the CL already, but yes, maybe next year.

Hence why you said he'd be playing in Europa... Later stage Europa League is great experience.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Sure is nice of Rangers to grab all of the USMNT players so I don't have to keep track of all of their different clubs.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

80085 posted:

Sure is nice of Rangers to grab all of the USMNT players so I don't have to keep track of all of their different clubs.

Wonder if they'd like a nice Eddie.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Congratulations Brek Shea for his part in participating in a MLS team's first victory against a home-standing Mexican club team.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Aug 18, 2011

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
It's about time that happened. I was hoping LA would be the first to do it, but there's always hope they'll be the first US team to snag a CCL title.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Tigren posted:

Hence why you said he'd be playing in Europa... Later stage Europa League is great experience.

I too hope longtime servant Carlos Bocanegra can get some much-needed experience playing for Rangers.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Why is Boca our captain? Just curious. I know he's a bit older than Donovan or Dempsey, but, yeah.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Why is Boca our captain?

Was thinking the same thing and I thought it'd change with Klinsmann coming on board. Dempsey seems a little too hot-headed, but yea what about Donovan or Howard?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

rats off to ya posted:

Was thinking the same thing and I thought it'd change with Klinsmann coming on board. Dempsey seems a little too hot-headed, but yea what about Donovan or Howard?
Typically goalkeepers aren't a popular choice for captain, but Howard is uniquely... vocal on the pitch, so I think he could fit the bill.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

rats off to ya posted:

Donovan is vice captain and believe Howard is after him.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Why is Boca our captain? Just curious. I know he's a bit older than Donovan or Dempsey, but, yeah.
Because he's a natural leader.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It would be insane to take the captaincy away from Boca.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Didn't realize that he has the most caps behind Donovan. I'm certainly not against him being captain whatsoever, Just curious.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Captain Ricardo Clark...

shudder

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Boca's Influence stat is only 16 though I don't get it.

Octoduck
Feb 8, 2006

Rudy had heart,
but he still sucked.

JT Jag posted:

Typically goalkeepers aren't a popular choice for captain, but Howard is uniquely... vocal on the pitch, so I think he could fit the bill.

Is being a vocal goalkeeper all of a sudden uncommon?

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Yeah I always thought the goalkeepers main job was to verbally abuse his defense.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Secondary job is kicking the post in frustration.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Jeez guys it was a tourettes joke

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Hey man, tourettes is no pussy joke.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Timmy, he gave up QPR's first premier league goal in 15 years today. :(

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
And from what I hear looked pretty bad doing it, too.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Don't know about how well Timmy played, but I did see QPR's goal and not much Timmy could have done about it. Great shot.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Speaking of Timmy, he gave up QPR's first premier league goal in 15 years today. :(

It wasn't his fault even a little bit.

loving Jagielka

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

2 Jozygoals today, apparently.

The confidence levels, they're rising.

a real peso shit
Jun 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 123 days!
Damarcus just scored an amazing header good for him i guess.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Pigma_Micron posted:

It wasn't his fault even a little bit.

loving Jagielka

Yeah it was comedy defending letting Smith in like that.

Not that I'm complaining. :getin:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/947430/philipp-lahm:-jurgen-klinsmann-doesn%27t-do-tactics?cc=5901 unsurprising complaint about Klinsmann from Lahm.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
So it's an upgrade from Bob's tactics.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
We should be seeing a callup list any minute now for those September friendlies.

Edit:

While we're waiting for that, Jozy has scored twice in Europa League and Boca has scored his first for Rangers. That's 5 in 5 for Josimer Altidore.

Tigren fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Aug 25, 2011

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Tigren posted:

We should be seeing a callup list any minute now for those September friendlies.

@ussoccer posted:

GK-Hamid, Howard; D-Bocanegra, Castillo, Chandler, Cherundolo, Goodson, Loyd, Orozco Fiscal, Pearce, Ream
Beckerman, Dempsey, Edu, F. Johnson, Kljestan, Larentowicz, Rogers, Shea, Torres;
Agudelo, Altidore, Bunbury, Donovan

Yay Jeffy?

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
So Bradley's out, then?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Schwarbage posted:

So Bradley's out, then?

Bradley doesn't play, so I would guess that is a yes.

good luck kitten
Aug 18, 2004

Tripping the light fantastic
Looks like it, until he starts getting some pretty consistent playing time somewhere and sorts out his club situation.

Edit: Yup it is

http://www.ussoccer.com/Social/MNT-Blog.aspx

quote:

On the exclusion of Michael Bradley, Ricardo Clark and Jermaine Jones:
“All three of these players are trying to sort out their club situations, and the deadline for transfers is a week away. They have also not been playing matches, so for these reasons we decided to select different players for this roster.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Schwarbage posted:

So Bradley's out, then?

Klinsmann, on the exclusion of Michael Bradley, Ricardo Clark and Jermaine Jones: posted:

“All three of these players are trying to sort out their club situations, and the deadline for transfers is a week away. They have also not been playing matches, so for these reasons we decided to select different players for this roster.”

• Locked thread