Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The undeniable chirp of a smoke alarm sends me into hilarious fits nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax

FCKGW posted:

The undeniable chirp of a smoke alarm sends me into hilarious fits nowadays.
I picked one up over the headset while playing xbox live with some random dudes the other day. I really should have just had my character stand still and insist the level does not progress until he fixed the drat thing.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Looks like Adam is getting his own animated series on Fox.

TVGuide posted:

The Man Show and Dancing with the Stars alum Adam Carolla is getting animated. The comedian has teamed up with former King of the Hill executive producers John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky to produce The Birchums, which has landed a presentation order from Fox.

The Birchums is based on a character Carolla popularized in the 1990s on Los Angeles radio station KROQ's Kevin and Bean morning show. "Mr. Birchum" — essentially an even gruffer version of Carolla's cynical persona — is a hard-nosed, old-school woodshop teacher who's a bit frustrated at the world. The Birchums would expand that universe, focusing on his interactions with family and friends as he puts up with an increasingly unmanly world.

I have a feeling it'll be another failed Fox animated series, but it seems to have a few good people behind it so who knows.

For the record, Mr. Bircham was one of my favorite bits on KROQ.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

FCKGW posted:

For the record, Mr. Bircham was one of my favorite bits on KROQ.

I was dying listening to the newest podcast with Adam talking about performing as Birchum in some random office for $55. Has he talked about that before? I'd never heard it.

I've heard like eight low-battery smoke detector beeps over the last two days in my call center job. I'm not sure how I keep from bringing it up. I'd like to chart the correlation between smoke detector beeps and people who don't pay their bills regularly. Gotta be high. Gotta be.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

quote:

On November 4, 2010, Adam Carolla's In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks... And Other Complaints from an Angry Middle-Aged White Guy was released by publisher Crown Publishing. Carolla dictated the text, but the book itself was ghost written by Mike Lynch.

Some people would be disappointed by the inauthenticty and laziness of authorship, I for one am relived by it.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

ChaosMonkey posted:

I was dying listening to the newest podcast with Adam talking about performing as Birchum in some random office for $55. Has he talked about that before? I'd never heard it.

Which episode is that?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

CatchrNdRy posted:

Some people would be disappointed by the inauthenticty and laziness of authorship, I for one am relived by it.

He talked about that a lot on the podcast back when it first came out. There was a lot of joking about Adam being functionally illiterate.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Riptor posted:

Which episode is that?

This'un!

http://www.adamcarolla.com/ACPBlog/2011/08/11/jon-lovitz-theater/

NIGARS
Sep 12, 2004

yeah nigars

FCKGW posted:

A new, permanent site is up for people who loved the old Loveline Stream.

Hang out in the chat a listen to cool things on the website.
It's still a work in progress but it's fully functional.
I'm in the chat most of the time, along with fellow goons and like minded loveline fans.
Want something new on the site or have a problem? Check into the chat or email rapebank@gmail.com

Good times await you.

Thank you!

Is this for goons or for the internet at large? If I want to introduce someone to Loveline is it cool for me to give out the streaming URL, or would you rather keep it only to the kind of person who actually knows the password?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

NIGARS posted:

Thank you!

Is this for goons or for the internet at large? If I want to introduce someone to Loveline is it cool for me to give out the streaming URL, or would you rather keep it only to the kind of person who actually knows the password?

It's a publicly accessible site so go ahead.

The stream is public sans password on the shoutcast site as well :ssh:

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
:laffo::laffo::laffo:

Adam being Adam

http://www.eonline.com/news/adam_carolla_kinda_apologizes_remarks/258212

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Well Adam, I hope you learned something from this. You CANNOT judge. Literally can not judge. Everybody is equal, everybody is the same.

Can't judge

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
TMZ even has a poll question to see if America forgives him? :downs:

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah
Probably a good thing they haven't listened to the episode where they had Dr. Gary Altar(Alter?) on from 2003. They compare people wanting to have one of their arms amputated because "they were born a one armed person" to someone wanting to have a sex change because "they were born a different gender". Both him and Drew get on Altar's case a fair amount about it. Oh how times have changed, I suppose.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
They completely misrepresent Adams position on gay parents. He has only said it about two dozen times over the years.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

AgentJotun posted:

They completely misrepresent Adams position on gay parents. He has only said it about two dozen times over the years.

I dunno... he said "all things being equal" that having parents of both genders was better than having two of the same gender. And that's it's healthier for the child.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

UltraRed posted:

I dunno... he said "all things being equal" that having parents of both genders was better than having two of the same gender. And that's it's healthier for the child.

He follows this up saying that heterosexual couples can be just as screwed up, and that there's a good case for same-sex couples to be potentially better parents, but it's more of a case-by-case basis.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Is anyone else getting an incorrect captcha message no matter how correctly they type in the code at loveline tapes?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Rack posted:

He follows this up saying that heterosexual couples can be just as screwed up, and that there's a good case for same-sex couples to be potentially better parents, but it's more of a case-by-case basis.

Has anyone, ever, advocated that adoption not be judged on a case-by-case basis?

Besides, even if that were an opinion that were actually studied, instead of just appearing so, it really has no palliative effect on the things he's quoted as saying. "YUCK"? Really?

e: Completely forgot about surrogacy, which takes a little of the wind out of my sails. A little.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I love Adam and support 99% of his beliefs, but he's just kind of a dick on this one, and wrong (in my opinion). I'm just glad it's finally not OK to make fun of us. I'll get off that soapbox, though, because it's impossible not to be annoying on it.

Brekelefuw posted:

Is anyone else getting an incorrect captcha message no matter how correctly they type in the code at loveline tapes?

The system is awful. You have to refresh the page and try again with a new code. I usually have to try two or three times per download to get one it will take.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
...Jack that dork.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome

EnsGDT posted:

...Jack that dork.

I wish Jack That Dork would have become more of a regular thing

I would take them playing JtD over Germany or Florida

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I'm kind of annoyed that he even did that tweet apology. Lame.

I wonder how much of it is him actually giving a poo poo and how much of it is Lynn and Alex.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

visuvius posted:

I'm kind of annoyed that he even did that tweet apology. Lame.

I wonder how much of it is him actually giving a poo poo and how much of it is Lynn and Alex.

I guarantees he gives no shits. He should not have apologized since he used the "I'm a comedian" line. He has ranted on assholes who "speak their minds" and how they are just assholes. It is the same for entertainers, if you are a dick, you are a dick. That is why he is great :shobon:

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

WouldDesk posted:

I guarantees he gives no shits. He should not have apologized since he used the "I'm a comedian" line. He has ranted on assholes who "speak their minds" and how they are just assholes. It is the same for entertainers, if you are a dick, you are a dick. That is why he is great :shobon:

I'm ok with celebrities, authors, comedians and singers being assholes. Every time somebody brings up a celebrity on the internet there's always people going "Oh yeah, I met that guy. He's an rear end in a top hat." or "I heard he's an rear end in a top hat." and acting disappointed.

I want a good portion of celebrities to be complete, insensitive assholes. It's entertaining, and I'm not easily offended.

Remember when Adam brought up the fact that maybe Manny Pacquiao shouldn't be a congressman since he's spent his whole life getting punched in the head? I think he got death threats over it.

UltraRed posted:

Hell there might be a case for that, but I'd probably say that a child is better off having one parent act (traditionally) motherly and one act fatherly, which doesn't preclude gays by default.

Vertigus fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 18, 2011

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
FCKGW, seems the stream is down :( Just letting you know in case you were unaware. I listened to about six hours last night until 7am. It was grand.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

WouldDesk posted:

FCKGW, seems the stream is down :( Just letting you know in case you were unaware. I listened to about six hours last night until 7am. It was grand.

Stream? What the hell are you talking about?

Anyways, the site should be working to full capacity now.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Adam...? Adam's Adam.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

ChaosMonkey posted:

Adam...? Adam's Adam.

He must be an rear end-man. I'm sure you can guess why.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

ChaosMonkey posted:

I got caught up on the podcasts today and just listened to this episode, I'd never heard it mentioned before either. I was a little disappointed he kind of skimmed over it to tell his Party Pals audition story, it sounded hilarious. Maybe it just wasn't that eventful.

If anyone is interested, Carolla's on Aisha Tyler's new podcast Girl on Guy in episode 4. Most of you have probably heard the stories before, but he tells a sort of extended version of how he got started at KROQ, there were some parts I hadn't really heard.

You are a nerd
Apr 9, 2003

See?
Anyone mind taking a crack at ID-ing a song from an old episode? I think it's the intro to a song and is heard at the 36m30s mark of the 5-9-1999 episode, played while coming back from a commercial break. Whatever song it is, I don't even remember liking it, but the fact that I can't come up with the title or even any of the lyrics is bugging the hell out of me.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

You are a nerd posted:

Anyone mind taking a crack at ID-ing a song from an old episode? I think it's the intro to a song and is heard at the 36m30s mark of the 5-9-1999 episode, played while coming back from a commercial break. Whatever song it is, I don't even remember liking it, but the fact that I can't come up with the title or even any of the lyrics is bugging the hell out of me.

Can you put a link up to it? I'm sure someone can use their iPhone app that does that.

You are a nerd
Apr 9, 2003

See?

WouldDesk posted:

Can you put a link up to it? I'm sure someone can use their iPhone app that does that.

Yeah, here it is on lovelinetapes. Unfortunately, you don't seem to be able to skip ahead but maybe I'm just behind by a few flash versions or something.

http://www.lovelinetapes.com/shows/?id=351&h=OGI1YjcyNDh

[e]: \/\/\/ Thanks! \/\/\/

You are a nerd fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 19, 2011

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

You are a nerd posted:

Yeah, here it is on lovelinetapes. Unfortunately, you don't seem to be able to skip ahead but maybe I'm just behind by a few flash versions or something.

http://www.lovelinetapes.com/shows/?id=351&h=OGI1YjcyNDh

Len - Steal my Sunshine

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Len - Steal my Sunshine

And, although I'm sure he was thinking of the Len song, that part used in the bumpers is pretty much a straight sample of the song More, More, More by Andrea True Connection.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIXHks5z8Tw

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

RightClickSaveAs posted:

If anyone is interested, Carolla's on Aisha Tyler's new podcast Girl on Guy in episode 4. Most of you have probably heard the stories before, but he tells a sort of extended version of how he got started at KROQ, there were some parts I hadn't really heard.

Thanks, I've been itching to hear her talk with Adam again.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
Tonight Rudy will be giving his thoughts on the brawl at the NFL game between the 49ers and the Raiders (his favorite team). It is sure to be a shining moment. Plus, Drew is back tonight.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

RightClickSaveAs posted:

I'm not really surprised in the slightest, but I laughed yesterday when I listened to ACP and this back to back. On ACP Adam complains about nerds and Comicon then on Aisha Tyler he's agreeing with her about how important it is to go and see/make fans' day (and that if you didn't do it, you're a dick).

Factory, not warehouse. Great listen all the same though.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
It's funny how the one comedian who most often claims he's a "comedy factory, not a comedy warehouse" tells the same handful of stories and rants he's been telling for 10 years. I still think Adams very funny, but I can't help but roll my eyes every time he gives that speech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
Here is why Mike Catherwood is growing more on me. This is one of his better characters he does.

http://www.lovelineshow.com/site

Scroll down a click or two to Razmik, call of the night. Will not allow me to link directly.

• Locked thread