Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I haven't really noticed a performance hit with the new Vurts or PR, and I switched to the higher amounts of flora version of Vurts with this update even.

Neither have I, though I switch from the vibrant to dead with the latest version, just cause it annoyed me to have tree's poping up everywhere without proper LODs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Ignore this post. My cat was to blame.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Aug 19, 2011

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Sylink posted:

Anyone use IWS and does it cause a ton of problems ?

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38623

I've been using it for a while now. I don't feel like it's increased the amount of CTD or bugs that I've encountered. I have mine set with Medium Spawns outside, more civs and patrols and no increased spawns on the inside. I tried it with Large Spawns on the outside and things were okay until I ended up in a 15v15 NCR vs. Legion just south of Novac. I can deal with 6 to 7 legion at once, but a dozen get's down right hairy with the amount of explosives being tossed around. Might try bumping it up again though just to see if my character can handle it now. Overall I would say that it makes the game more fun and makes walks less monotonous.

Horrorclaus
Oct 10, 2008
My game has just started locking up at random; usually about every thirty minutes it freezes, and its really pissing me off. It will freeze at completely random spots like during dialogue, loading or even when I am just walking around. I recently put the weapon mod crafting and weapon mod as loot mods in my loadout, but when the game started crashing every time I would enter or exit a door I took them out; unfortunately the game is still locking up and I have no idea why. Anyone have a similar problem?

Here is my current setup for reference:
FalloutNV.esm
NVR-Strip.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
More Perks.esm
DeadMoney.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
HonestHearts.esm
The.Armory.esm
IWR.esm
IWR - Rebuilt.esp
NVR-NPCs.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
UHNV.esp
Existence2.0.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
More Perks Update.esp
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp
NVR-SMOTS-V2-Version_10.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.BasePatch.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.WPPatch.Vanilla.esp
The.Armory.Rambo.Pack.esp

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."
Hey, Coughing Hobo, your upload of the Desert Scorpion mod doesn't work for me. I can't open it in Fallout Mod Manager without it crashing. It could be my version of FOMM, but the file could be corrupted or something.

Could you re-upload it? I really want that armor.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Alasyre posted:

Ignore this post. My cat was to blame.
Well poo poo, now I'm just really curious what your post originally said :catdrugs:

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
He installed Slof's Boners incorrectly, messing up the location of the boners. I told him not to be using my computer when I'm at the hair factory.

(He knocked my speaker cord loose.)

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Streyr posted:

Anyone have an idea as to why I can't seem to recreate the Stealth Suit Mk II voice on another piece of armor? I've set the armor to use the same script and enhancements as the stealth suit but the only time the voice comes on is when I'm removing the armor. I'm sure it's something simple that I've overlooked in my modding stupidity but I can't seem to figure it out.

E: :downs: Oh right. Changed every script I could find referencing the suit to link to the custom armor I'm using and still no dice.
E2: So looking around it seems that the voice actually comes from a creature file scripted to work with the armor so I guess I just have to make the armor go into a hidden slot like those invisible vests and use it that way.

Have you modified the dialogue conditions in the quest itself? You have to add the new set to every condition in the quest. It has to be right next to the condition that checks for the AuralStealthSuit, with an OR between them. That's what held me up when I did it.

I could try to copy my modified scripts and quest to a new .esp, too. I didn't copy over the upgrades, though. What are you adding the voice to?

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:
Ever since I made my new "Brawler" type character, I've wanted some Melee And Unarmed mods.

Any good ones that Favor those combat skills?

P_R_Deltoid
Jun 4, 2009

Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother? I hurt people

MounerKT posted:

Ever since I made my new "Brawler" type character, I've wanted some Melee And Unarmed mods.

Any good ones that Favor those combat skills?

I asked the same question and no one seemed to know, so I second this as another interested party

I know the perks mods add unarmed perks and does some pretty big changes (makes melee and unarmed SHARE some perks instead of being one or the other only) and AG adds tons of melee weapons, but other than that I haven't found anything that actually overhauls the system itself, just stuff that adds content to the unarmed/melee system

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I made a thing. You can [Edit: Removed for just a little while. Will post a fixed version in a few hours. Check back.]. This is the first release of my housing mod. It isn't anything incredibly fancy but I I like it.

I'll just post the readme here, since this is the only place I'm posting this anyway:
- To install it, all you have to do is plop the 7zip file in your data folder and extract here. Or install it with FOMM that should work too. It's just an esm, a meshes folder, and a textures folder.

- I've tested this place pretty extensively and with a wide configuration of mods. I haven't found anything it doesn't agree with. The only thing I could see interfering is if you have something that drastically alters the interior of Jean's Sky Diving near Goodsprings or modifies the terrain in the hills northwest of Goodsprings. To my knowledge no mods do either of these things, though.

- There are probably minor bugs here and there. Let me know and I'll fix them. :)

- It's possible that the station may be really dark if you use a pitch-black darkness mod. I've tried to make sure this doesn't happen but if it does let me know.

-The Garbage can in the kitchen is intentionally marked as a respawning container so you can get rid of any junk that you don't want to store or sell. The garbage can will get rid of everything in it every 3 gamedays. All other containers in the station will keep things indefinitely.

- This place is designed with an entirely new playthrough in mind, but you can get it at any time. To start the unmarked mini-quest/note trail(15 minute max) that gives you the place, look under the bar stools in the Goodspring's Saloon. You'll need 6 Dynamite somewhere along the way so you may want to get that. With how plentiful dynamite is in this game I didn't feel that that was unreasonable.

-If you want to haul rear end and get there asap: Find/get 6 dynamite. Fast travel to Jean's Sky Diving. Go in and take the key and the map that are by Kickson's corpse. Fast travel to Goodsprings and go to the Lombard Station marker in the northwest. Use the 6 dynamite on the cave in. Use the key to unlock the door. That's it!

-I apologize in advance for my lovely writing. I wanted to give the place a little backstory and try to fit it in with the world.

You can see screenshots of it in my previous posts. I have to say I'm really happy with how this place turned out. I don't think its for everyone. It has a weird mixture of old-world construction and post-war furnishing that I haven't seen in any other mods and I think the balance works pretty well. As far as features go I've pretty much added everything I want to add, there are a few areas that can be improved on(DLC support, less boring weapon walls, supporting some of the better weapon mods, etc

Also if you have 100 medical skill you can use the surgical tray to turn into Femme Sonic. I will not be removing this feature and I will not tolerate negative criticism of it.

Omnicarus fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 20, 2011

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
So I'm getting somewhat fed up with all this feature creep in the most common weather/lightning mods. Is there a weather/lightning mod, that ideally

1) Makes the nights darker but not pitch-black dark where you can't see anything without night-vision gear.
2) Doesn't touch the colour palette too much (looking at you Nevada Skies URWL and Project Reality)
3) Doesn't add too many performance eating weather themes, such as dust storms

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Smol posted:

So I'm getting somewhat fed up with all this feature creep in the most common weather/lightning mods. Is there a weather/lightning mod, that ideally

1) Makes the nights darker but not pitch-black dark where you can't see anything without night-vision gear.
2) Doesn't touch the colour palette too much (looking at you Nevada Skies URWL and Project Reality)

Western Skies maybe? I've kinda been thinking the same thing. Gonna try Project Reality at some point but I'll probably just say screw it and use Western Skies. Assuming it still works.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

Smol posted:

1. Nevada Skies for weeks if not months has had a nighttime brightness adjuster that does exactly what you want.
2. Nevada Skies also has a new version 0.7 out that drops the URWL colors and stays much closer to vanilla mood and lighting.
3. Turn them off.

Weremacht
Nov 4, 2002

THE ONLY THING THAT TURNS ME ON MORE THAN A MONKEY IN A FURRY SUIT IS SPOILING PLOTS

Weremacht posted:

So can anyone figure out what's making NV crash on startup? I spent a good few hours redownloading all this poo poo for a fresh install and I just don't have the heart to go through and process of elimination my way through all this.

So it turns out that the mod causing all the trouble was Director's Chair, which I cannot for the life of me figure out why. I mean I guess I can play without it but I'm just really confused as to what about Director's Chair makes NV crash on load. Any ideas?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Nevada Skies' night brightness does almost nothing at max brightness. And 0.7 of it doesn't have a weather customizing item anymore.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Weremacht posted:

So it turns out that the mod causing all the trouble was Director's Chair, which I cannot for the life of me figure out why. I mean I guess I can play without it but I'm just really confused as to what about Director's Chair makes NV crash on load. Any ideas?

Well, you don't seem to have Dynavision which is needed for Director's chair to work. Crashes on launch are pretty much always missing master files.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Schubalts posted:

Nevada Skies' night brightness does almost nothing at max brightness. And 0.7 of it doesn't have a weather customizing item anymore.

Yep. Nevada Skies would be all right if the brightness adjuster actually did something noticeable.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Ace Oliveira posted:

Hey, Coughing Hobo, your upload of the Desert Scorpion mod doesn't work for me. I can't open it in Fallout Mod Manager without it crashing. It could be my version of FOMM, but the file could be corrupted or something.

Could you re-upload it? I really want that armor.

Sure thing. I'm not at home right now, but I will be in a couple hours, I'll get it re-uploaded then.

Streyr
May 14, 2006
Penguin God

Schubalts posted:

Have you modified the dialogue conditions in the quest itself? You have to add the new set to every condition in the quest. It has to be right next to the condition that checks for the AuralStealthSuit, with an OR between them. That's what held me up when I did it.

I could try to copy my modified scripts and quest to a new .esp, too. I didn't copy over the upgrades, though. What are you adding the voice to?

I ended up just turning the stealth suit into a model-less armor then went into BodyAddon3 so I can wear it with whatever I want with minimal scripting. I was attempting to add it on to the Chinese stealth suit that I changed up to actually have a minor stealth field effect while sneaking.

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

Omnicarus posted:

House Mod Stuff

I was going to say, it's Friday Omnicarus, where's the house mod :colbert:
Will be trying it out shortly!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Horrorclaus posted:

My game has just started locking up at random; usually about every thirty minutes it freezes, and its really pissing me off. It will freeze at completely random spots like during dialogue, loading or even when I am just walking around. I recently put the weapon mod crafting and weapon mod as loot mods in my loadout, but when the game started crashing every time I would enter or exit a door I took them out; unfortunately the game is still locking up and I have no idea why. Anyone have a similar problem?

Load order's messed up. Some of those master files should be rearranged, so run them through BOSS. If your CTD is every 20-30 minutes like clockwork, it probably means you're hitting your RAM ceiling and the game is freaking out. If you have a 64-bit system with 4 GB of RAM, use the 4GB Enabler (FNV4GB) linked in the OP and that should help.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Any mod that makes Energy Weapons more frequent across the wasteland and also better? I'm trying to do an Energy Weapons playthrough and it's kind of hard when you can't find any ammunition or weapons.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Omnicarus posted:

I made a thing.

I've been playing around a bit and a small bug I've encountered is that the dynamite on the shelf doesn't stay locked in place so if you bump into it, it scatters everywhere. Picking it up and restocking the shelf doesn't seem to help, it goes back to where it scattered to. Other than that, the house is fantastic so far.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Tracula posted:

I've been playing around a bit and a small bug I've encountered is that the dynamite on the shelf doesn't stay locked in place so if you bump into it, it scatters everywhere. Picking it up and restocking the shelf doesn't seem to help, it goes back to where it scattered to. Other than that, the house is fantastic so far.

:eng99: I thought I had fixed all those problems(Original problem was that all the ammo boxes did that. You could drop a grenade and send the whole armory into a tornado). I'll update it as soon as I can get back to my gaming rig.

Ephemerous
Jul 31, 2003

Smol posted:

I use Fellout and Nights are Darker (25% esp) with The Imaginator. The Nights are Darker mod is a bit too strong, but careful Imaginator settings can get it into the sweet spot (or at least, what I prefer). I want to be able to see the terrain and figure out where I'm going, but it still be fairly dark. Here's what I mean:

Fellout, Imaginator, 25% Darker Nights (Midnight)

Fellout, 25% Darker Nights (Midnight, and entirely too dark)

I tried Nevada Skies and Project Reality and they go a lot farther than I need, and take a lot more work to configure to fit my needs.

Ephemerous fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 19, 2011

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Brace posted:

Any mod that makes Energy Weapons more frequent across the wasteland and also better? I'm trying to do an Energy Weapons playthrough and it's kind of hard when you can't find any ammunition or weapons.
Project Nevada itself seems to throw energy weapons/ammo everywhere. I really had no issue amassing quite the energy weapon stockpile, and the recharge weapons are incredible.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Rascyc posted:

Project Nevada itself seems to throw energy weapons/ammo everywhere. I really had no issue amassing quite the energy weapon stockpile, and the recharge weapons are incredible.

Where did you find this stuff? I have PN installed as well but... I don't know, haven't seen anything other then regular old guns.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Brace posted:

Where did you find this stuff? I have PN installed as well but... I don't know, haven't seen anything other then regular old guns.

Do you have the Equipment module enabled?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Do you have the Equipment module enabled?

Yeah, definitely installed and enabled.

Also I'm getting some pretty serious stutter with FNV Enhanced Shaders-Full, FNV4GB.exe and no weather mods whatsoever. Also have SSL instead of Electro City so, I don't know what could be causing this big of a performance hit? My graphics card can handle some shaders(GTX280)

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Brace posted:

All the vendors along the "correct" path to New Vegas will have at least laser or plasma pistols and often a recharger rifle. There are also Bright Brotherhood ghoul corpses along the way with everything up to RCWs (Plasma Defenders is your high enough level). The grave at the Yangtze Memorial has a high chance to contain EN weapons as well.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Smol posted:

It looks like I can answer my own question. I just tested Nevada Skies 0.7 and it seems to have a lot brighter nights than the 0.6.3 version. You can't configure it like 0.6.3, but luckily the annoying weather patterns seem to be quite infrequent. But the nighttime brightness is quite nice — at least on my monitor.

thamaht posted:

I use Fellout and Nights are Darker (25% esp) with The Imaginator. The Nights are Darker mod is a bit too strong, but careful Imaginator settings can get it into the sweet spot (or at least, what I prefer). I want to be able to see the terrain and figure out where I'm going, but it still be fairly dark. Here's what I mean:

Fellout, Imaginator, 25% Darker Nights (Midnight)

Fellout, 25% Darker Nights (Midnight, and entirely too dark)

I tried Nevada Skies and Project Reality and they go a lot farther than I need, and take a lot more work to configure to fit my needs.

Cheers, I'll play around with Imaginator if I'll want to tweak the brightness further! The upper picture is pretty close with what I'm looking for.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Brace posted:

Yeah, definitely installed and enabled.

Also I'm getting some pretty serious stutter with FNV Enhanced Shaders-Full, FNV4GB.exe and no weather mods whatsoever. Also have SSL instead of Electro City so, I don't know what could be causing this big of a performance hit? My graphics card can handle some shaders(GTX280)

Same setup as you and I was getting the same framerate drop. The -full shaders include some depth of field and other filters which can trash your fps, it got alot better when I switched to the -lite version.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Nevets posted:

Same setup as you and I was getting the same framerate drop. The -full shaders include some depth of field and other filters which can trash your fps, it got alot better when I switched to the -lite version.

I'm still getting this weird stutter and low FPS and I removed the mod.

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
For whatever reason, the sky brightness adjuster from Nevada Skies is working perfectly on Project Reality; I have it set to 7 and it gives nights that are atmospherically dark but don't make the ground under you turn pitch black.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
NVBS FOMOD mirror, with the Robert's Body patch and a 'cheat' version of the NVBS esp that spawns a chest behind the Prospector's Saloon with all the armors in case you're one of the people who suffer from the suits not loading into the Gun Runners.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Soho Joe posted:

For whatever reason, the sky brightness adjuster from Nevada Skies is working perfectly on Project Reality; I have it set to 7 and it gives nights that are atmospherically dark but don't make the ground under you turn pitch black.

Project Reality started doing the "nights so dark that you literally can't see anything" thing. I've been playing around with four different weather mods and I may have been lax in properly switching between them. How do you get those working together?

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

Omnicarus posted:

:eng99: I thought I had fixed all those problems(Original problem was that all the ammo boxes did that. You could drop a grenade and send the whole armory into a tornado). I'll update it as soon as I can get back to my gaming rig.

I'm liking it so far, found a couple of typo's in the initial quests, specifically the first note you repeated the same two words twice, trying to remember what they are but it was something like "was not was not", i'll go back and find it later.

Now inside i ran into a couple of issues, mostly the weapon wall and mannequins:

The textures on the weapon wall change every time i move my cursor (change the way i look at it). Not sure if this is a bug in the walls or my textures pack (poco bueno). The weapons mount correctly and seem to be perfect but it's a little hard to see them with the crazy textures.

Whenever i put an armor on a mannequin it shifts it to the right and off the little pedestal you made.

I don't have a screen shot for the last bug but is this house companion friendly? I had every companion follow me into the cave but they sure were stubborn and had to be prodded into the home itself. Once i told them to wait the sandbox mod i have took over and they sat and things but didn't walk around much. I put Arcade and Raul in the weapon room but they just tend to stand there. Arcade occasionally talks to the mannequins which is amusing though.

Other than those few i'm loving it, amazing job on the lore in the terminal as well ( a few typos but i thought they were kinda realistic given it was someone typing things in).

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Naky posted:

NVBS FOMOD mirror, with the Robert's Body patch and a 'cheat' version of the NVBS esp that spawns a chest behind the Prospector's Saloon with all the armors in case you're one of the people who suffer from the suits not loading into the Gun Runners.

Just for coverage's sake, here's a regular zip of NVBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Retrograde posted:

I'm liking it so far, found a couple of typo's in the initial quests, specifically the first note you repeated the same two words twice, trying to remember what they are but it was something like "was not was not", i'll go back and find it later.

Now inside i ran into a couple of issues, mostly the weapon wall and mannequins:

The textures on the weapon wall change every time i move my cursor (change the way i look at it). Not sure if this is a bug in the walls or my textures pack (poco bueno). The weapons mount correctly and seem to be perfect but it's a little hard to see them with the crazy textures.

I'm having the same issue, and I don't have any texture packs installed.